Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

DTD: West End Square

lakewoodhobo

Re: DTD: West End Square

Postby lakewoodhobo » 29 Mar 2021 22:53

Checked it out today and thought it looks fantastic. Not sure why, but I expected it to feel larger even though I've walked through that parking lot a million times. Extremely well designed with some very subtle elevation changes. The section with the swings will be very popular.

IMG_4065.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DPatel304

Re: DTD: West End Square

Postby DPatel304 » 13 Apr 2021 12:05

I checked out this square this past Saturday and loved it! I'd say "Square" is definitely the right term for this, as it doesn't feel like a park at all, but that's certainly fine.

I saw a group of police officers on bikes hanging out at the park, the ping-pong/fusball tables were all occupied, a couple was having professional pictures taken, and multiple groups were scattered throughout the park just hanging out and sitting. It seemed like a number of people were trying to go to Ellen's and were simply waiting around at the park until their table was ready.

Overall, I was very impressed at how active it felt given that it only opened not too long ago. Like lakewoodhobo said, it's not exactly a big park, it's mostly just a pretty place to sit and hang out, but it's a huge improvement over the surface lot, and really ties the entire area together much better.