Northpark Center

R1070

Re: Northpark Center

Postby R1070 » 02 Jun 2017 17:31

Is NARS still planned for the mall? I'm kind of thinking Ray Ban will go in to the space that NARS was going to open in or the space that Yumilicious was in on the 2nd level. Also, the current Sephora space will open up when it moves and the Bebe space will also be available.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 13 Jul 2017 20:42

Looks like Sugarfina is going into the space that NARS was supposed to go in next to Tory Sport.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 31 Jul 2017 22:48

Retail updates to Northpark Center 8/1/17:

Relocating Soon:
-Gregory's- Moving Spring 2017 (Previous BCBG Space)
-Design Within Reach- Moving Summer 2017 (Previous American Apparel/Vans/Paper Source Spaces)
-Origins- Moving Summer 2017 (Previous Teavana Space)
-Sephora- Moving Summer 2017 (Previous American Eagle Space)
-Sugarfina- Moving Summer 2017 (Previous Chicos Space)

New Stores Opening Soon:
-NYX Cosmetics- Summer 2017 (Previous Billabong Space)
-John Varvatos- Fall 2017 (Previous Tory Sport Space)
-Aēsop- Summer 2018 (Previous Tourbillion Space)

New Stores Opening Soon in Unknown Locations:
-MCM- Fall 2017
-Johnny Was- Spring 2018
-Rodd & Gunn- Spring 2018
-TOMS- Spring 2018

Vacant or Soon to be Vacant Storefronts:
-Previous Williams Sonoma Space
-Previous Coach Space
-Previous Yummilicious Yogurt Space
-Current Sephora Space
-Current Design Within Reach
-Current Gregory's Space
-Current Origin's Space
-Current Sugarfina Space
-Current Teavana Space (Starbucks is shuttering all Teavana locations)
-Valentino (Moving to HP Village Fall 2017)
-Cartier (Moving to HP Village Fall 2017)

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 31 Jul 2017 22:49

The luxury corridor should be welcoming many new tenants as Cartier, Valentino, Williams Sonoma, Coach, Design Within Reach, Gregory's and Origins have all either moved or are planning to move vacating many storefronts in that area of Northpark.

Dallasretail

Postby Dallasretail » 01 Aug 2017 16:27

What's interesting is the number of potentially large spaces now vacant. Agent Provocateur is closed. That leaves that space plus the adjoining Coach space to be combined. Williams-Sonoma plus Cartier could be one large space. Valentino plus Gregory's. Bebe plus Helen Ficolora. I am surprised how slow they have been to announce. I would assume some popular luxury retailers are antsy to get a space that aren't in Dallas considering HPV is pretty much full. COS, Prada, D&G, Moncler, Missoni, Vilebrequin, Lanvin, John Lobb,Van Cleef...... I still don't understand the increases mixture of furniture stores - am hoping these spaces are filled with non home brands.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 01 Aug 2017 20:41

MCM will most likely go into the Coach or Agent Provocateur space. Aesop is delayed and will be moving into the space where Ilori currently is. That will open up that Aesop space (If MCM doesn't end up going in there either).

I wouldn't be surprised to see MAC move to a bigger/nicer space. It's always busy and so packed with people.

Rumor has it that Forty Five Ten will open in the old Williams Sonoma space and will probably include the Cartier space and maybe the Tiffany space if Tiffany moves to a new location to make room. That's just a guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if Tiffany and David Yurman moved to new spaces.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 01 Aug 2017 21:49

It's been so long since I have walked in this mall I'm not sure I would even know the place anymore.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 02 Aug 2017 18:08

Dallasretail wrote:What's interesting is the number of potentially large spaces now vacant. Agent Provocateur is closed. That leaves that space plus the adjoining Coach space to be combined. Williams-Sonoma plus Cartier could be one large space. Valentino plus Gregory's. Bebe plus Helen Ficolora. I am surprised how slow they have been to announce. I would assume some popular luxury retailers are antsy to get a space that aren't in Dallas considering HPV is pretty much full. COS, Prada, D&G, Moncler, Missoni, Vilebrequin, Lanvin, John Lobb,Van Cleef...... I still don't understand the increases mixture of furniture stores - am hoping these spaces are filled with non home brands.

I am ready for a mass influx of luxury stores in the coming months to be announced for Northpark so it can retain its claim of being the highly cultivated shopping center with Texas exclusives. I think that it is a long shot for Vilebrequin to return to Dallas after shuttering in HP Village, while Prada although the brand is shuttering many stores would be a good option for Northpark. I would like to see COS open somewhere else like Downtown or Knox/Henderson. I am not sure how well the Houston Moncler is performing, but that one is a hard sell to me when Texas is in 100+ degree weather I am not sure how many down feather jackets would be sold.

Some Texas exclusives that would be fun to see open in Northpark would be Givenchy, Chloé, APC, Paul Smith, Balmain, Moschino, Perrin Paris, Sandro,

Stores that would be great exclusives would be Maison Margiela, Acne Studios, Isabel Marant, Marni, Raf Simons, Vera Wang however I think that Dallas is not ready for stand alone stores of these brands yet as some are a bit too edgy for Dallas, while others have good selections in Forty Five Ten/Neiman Marcus.

After the renovations at HP Village, Williams Rare Noble will move back above Chanel, leaving its current space by the coming Cartier open, it would be great to get a small Texas exclusive such as Goyard or Loewe.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 06 Aug 2017 13:00

R1070 wrote:Rumor has it that Forty Five Ten will open in the old Williams Sonoma space and will probably include the Cartier space and maybe the Tiffany space if Tiffany moves to a new location to make room. That's just a guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if Tiffany and David Yurman moved to new spaces.

I would be suprised to see a Forty Five Ten open at Northpark, it seems that it would take away from the downtown location. But with Brian opening multiple Dallas stores, a Houston store, and now a Napa Valley store, I wonder how many stores they plan on having.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 08 Aug 2017 22:03

MCM will open in the previous Agent Provocateur space in Fall 2017.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 15 Aug 2017 17:35

Lululemon Athletica will move into the previous Bebe space Winter 2017.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 15 Aug 2017 19:27

I'm wondering if they are moving into a bigger space to incorporate the Ivviva store into one?

Cbdallas

Postby Cbdallas » 16 Aug 2017 14:00

Does anyone know what the crane just across Northwest Highway and 75 from Northpark is for. Looks like they are building out the site at the curve on the access road.

flyswatter

Postby flyswatter » 16 Aug 2017 14:20

It's a luxury senior living facility:

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... iving.html

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 17 Aug 2017 09:08

Yeah, they finally started it after announcing it years ago.
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 08 Sep 2017 20:25

I am ready for a mass influx of luxury stores in the coming months to be announced for Northpark so it can retain its claim of being the highly cultivated shopping center with Texas exclusives. I think that it is a long shot for Vilebrequin to return to Dallas after shuttering in HP Village, while Prada although the brand is shuttering many stores would be a good option for Northpark. I would like to see COS open somewhere else like Downtown or Knox/Henderson. I am not sure how well the Houston Moncler is performing, but that one is a hard sell to me when Texas is in 100+ degree weather I am not sure how many down feather jackets would be sold.

Some Texas exclusives that would be fun to see open in Northpark would be Givenchy, Chloé, APC, Paul Smith, Balmain, Moschino, Perrin Paris, Sandro.

Stores that would be great exclusives would be Maison Margiela, Acne Studios, Isabel Marant, Marni, Raf Simons, Vera Wang however I think that Dallas is not ready for stand alone stores of these brands yet as some are a bit too edgy for Dallas, while others have good selections in Forty Five Ten/Neiman Marcus.

After the renovations at HP Village, Williams Rare Noble will move back above Chanel, leaving its current space by the coming Cartier open, it would be great to get a small Texas exclusive such as Goyard or Loewe.

Dragon_Lady

Postby Dragon_Lady » 10 Sep 2017 00:34

I'm not sure about the FAA restrictions and even less certain about the current economic viability, but I think a Williams/Transco tower kind of development next to Northpark would "define" that retail/office/urban living cluster in such a way as Transco/Williams did for Houston's Galleria area (glad for Gerald Hines & co. vision). I would say our own Galleria could use such an ambitious project but Addison airport negates it...here's to hoping Beck Ventures will create a compelling urban node w/o the need of a signature tall building.

JohnMcKee

Postby JohnMcKee » 11 Sep 2017 15:48

R1070

Postby R1070 » 11 Sep 2017 18:54

That's good news. How many square feet is that store? Could fit a Bloomies in there.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 12 Sep 2017 00:38

R1070 wrote:That's good news. How many square feet is that store? Could fit a Bloomies in there.

Highly unlikely this space is only 35,000 sqft. Although Bloomgdales has adopted the smaller store footprint in recent years such as Palo Alto (125,000 sqft), San Jose (150,000 sqft), Santa Monica (90,000 sqft), these are still much larger than the current Pirch space could accomodate.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 12 Sep 2017 21:05

oh okay, good to know. I wonder what the average Top Shop or Uniqlo store size is running these days.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 12 Sep 2017 21:44

R1070 wrote:oh okay, good to know. I wonder what the average Top Shop or Uniqlo store size is running these days.

The Topman/Topshop at the Houston Galleria is 17,000sqft, while the Los Angeles Grove Center has a "flagship" that is around 25,000sqft. While the largest Topman/Topshop in the USA is New York Fifth Avenue at 40,000sft.

The Uniqlo "flagship" in San Francisco- Union Square is 31,000sqft, while the New York Fifth Avenue "flagship" is 89,000sqft.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 12 Sep 2017 21:51

Hmmm... Gonna be hard to fill that space unless they divide it.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 12 Sep 2017 22:23

R1070 wrote:Hmmm... Gonna be hard to fill that space unless they divide it.

I wonder if Design Within Reach would be interested in filling the space since they are already in the process of moving upstairs.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 19 Sep 2017 20:32

The new Design Within Reach is VERY nice. The employees were even impressed with the floor selection now.

Also going on...

MAC / Bumble & Bumble is going into the space that housed the old Origins store and David Yurman is going into the space that housed the old Cartier. I'm thinking the current David Yurman store and old Design Within Reach spaces will be combined to complete a full box. Perhaps a store like COS would go in there?

There's still quite a bit of spaces that will open up and be refilled with new stores. It will be exciting to see what else comes into the center.

Any word on what is going into the previous True Religion or Coach spaces?

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 20 Sep 2017 12:33

Retail updates to Northpark Center 9/20/17:

Relocating Soon:
-Design Within Reach- NOW OPEN (Previous American Apparel/Vans/Paper Source Spaces)
-Origins- NOW OPEN (Previous Teavana Space)
-Sephora- NOW OPEN (Previous American Eagle Space)
-MAC/Bumble&Bumble- Moving Soon (Previous Origins Space)
-Gregory's- Moving Fall 2017 (Previous BCBG Space)
-Lululemon- Moving Winter 2017 (Previous Bebe Space)
-Sugarfina- Moving January 2018 (Previous Chicos Space)
-David Yurman- Spring 2018 (Previous Cartier Space)
-Salvatore Ferragamo- Fall 2018 (Previous David Yurman Space)

New Stores Opening Soon:
-John Varvatos- NOW OPEN (Previous Tory Sport Space)
-NYX Cosmetics- NOW OPEN (Previous Billabong Space)
-Trains at Northpark Center- Nov. 18-Jan. 7 (Previous Sephora Space)
-MCM- Fall 2017 (Previous Agent Provocateur Space)
-Cuyana- Opening Soon (Previous Coach Space)
-Aēsop- Summer 2018 (Previous Tourbillion Space or Ilori Space)

-Johnny Was- Spring 2018
-TOMS- Spring 2018

-Previous Williams Sonoma Space (Relocated)
-Previous Yummilicious Yogurt Space (Closed)
-Previous True Religion Space (Closed)
-Previous Design Within Reach Space (Relocated)
-Current Pirch Space (Closing-Company shuttering all non CA stores)
-Current Lululemon Space (Relocating)
-Current Gregory's Space (Relocating)
-Current Mac Space (Relocating)
-Current Sugarfina Space (Relocating)
-Current Teavana Space (Starbucks is shuttering all Teavanas)
-Current Valentino Space (Moving to HP Village Fall 2017)

R1070

Postby R1070 » 20 Sep 2017 18:20

Cuyana is a nice line and not found in many cities. very nice!

As for the future Ferragamo location...it appears that the previous Design Within Reach location will be divided into two storefronts with Ferragamo taking up the side next to the current David Yurman store. Now, it may take that space as well once David Yurman moves or it may free up that DY space for another store.

I'm beginning to think Rodd & Gunn will go into the current Gregory's or Valentino spaces and Johnny Was will go into the current Lululemon or previous True Religion spots to be near Anthropologie.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 20 Sep 2017 18:48

R1070 wrote:Cuyana is a nice line and not found in many cities. very nice!

As for the future Ferragamo location...it appears that the previous Design Within Reach location will be divided into two storefronts with Ferragamo taking up the side next to the current David Yurman store. Now, it may take that space as well once David Yurman moves or it may free up that DY space for another store.

I'm beginning to think Rodd & Gunn will go into the current Gregory's or Valentino spaces and Johnny Was will go into the current Lululemon or previous True Religion spots to be near Anthropologie.

I think that Rodd & Gunn will go into the previous True Religion space, and Johnny Was will go into the current Lululemon space. They both don't seem luxury enough to warrant spaces by the current Gregory's or Valentino.

Also I think that TOMS will go into the current Sugarfina space.

I hope that they do not combine and make a larger Ferragamo, because I want the luxury wing to bring in as many brands as possible and many stores would like the smaller David Yurman space to test the market. The luxury wing is seeing so much movement it will be interesting to see who else opens shop now that Highland Park Village is at capacity.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 20 Sep 2017 20:49

Yep and the only thing that will change at HP Village will be when William Noble moves out of it's temp space and Veronica Beard eventually closes their pop-up shop.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 20 Sep 2017 22:04

R1070 wrote:Yep and the only thing that will change at HP Village will be when William Noble moves out of it's temp space and Veronica Beard eventually closes their pop-up shop.

I think initially the store was supposed to be a Pop-Up but all the press about the opening and the Veronica Beard website describe it as a permanent boutique. So that leaves William Noble space once it moves back as the only vacant space.

I would like to see the Anthropologie leave and a few stores split up that space.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 20 Sep 2017 22:19

Anthro would be a better fit in the Knox District if space came available there.

LongonBigD

Postby LongonBigD » 21 Sep 2017 00:32

R1070 wrote:Anthro would be a better fit in the Knox District if space came available there.

A space like...Erdoes or new Sarofim project on Travis?

Why do you think they would do this? Didn't they just relocate in NP? Are you saying they are not NP compatible? I must confess I never been inside and don't know what they sell. Aren't they right down the road in HPV?

R1070

Postby R1070 » 21 Sep 2017 19:45

We kind of went off topic and were talking about the limited availability at HP Village. We were talking about that store moving to Knox, not the NP one.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 21 Sep 2017 21:41

LongonBigD wrote:
R1070 wrote:Anthro would be a better fit in the Knox District if space came available there.

A space like...Erdoes or new Sarofim project on Travis?

Why do you think they would do this? Didn't they just relocate in NP? Are you saying they are not NP compatible? I must confess I never been inside and don't know what they sell. Aren't they right down the road in HPV?

I apologize we got a bit off topic and were talking about the Highland Park Village Anthropologie. The one at Northpark is built to stay and always packed with shoppers.

We brought up the HP Village Antho when discussing how they are now at capacity and I was wondering if stores looking to open there will now be looking at Northpark which has quite a few vacancies in the luxury wing.

hjkll

Postby hjkll » 21 Sep 2017 22:35

I've heard that after Lululemon moves into the Bebe spot, Lululemon Lab which only has 2 stores in NY and Vancouver will move into the current Lululemon spot

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 21 Sep 2017 22:37

hjkll wrote:I've heard that after Lululemon moves into the Bebe spot, Lululemon Lab which only has 2 stores in NY and Vancouver will move into the current Lululemon spot

That would be great, I visited the one in NY and the concept is quite unique.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 18 Oct 2017 14:55

Retail updates to Northpark Center 10/18/17:
RED is a new change/update since last update 9/20/17

Relocating Soon:
-MAC/Bumble&Bumble- Moving Soon (Previous Origins Space)
-Gregory's- Moving Fall 2017 (Previous BCBG Space)
-Lululemon- Moving Winter 2017 (Previous Bebe Space)
-Sugarfina- Moving January 2018 (Previous Chicos Space)
-David Yurman- Spring 2018 (Previous Cartier Space)
-Salvatore Ferragamo- Fall 2018 (Previous David Yurman Space)

New Stores Opening Soon:
-Trains at Northpark Center- Nov. 18-Jan. 7 (Previous Sephora Space)
-MCM- Fall 2017 (Previous Agent Provocateur Space)
-Cuyana- Fall 2017 (Previous Coach Space)
-Aēsop- Summer 2018 (Previous Tourbillion Space or Ilori Space)

-Akola- Fall 2017
-Ruti- Fall 2017
-Oliver Peoples- January 2018
-Johnny Was- Spring 2018
-TOMS- Spring 2018

-Previous Williams Sonoma Space (Relocated)
-Previous Yummilicious Yogurt Space (Closed)
-Previous True Religion Space (Closed)
-Previous Design Within Reach Space (Relocated)
-Current Pirch Space (Closing-Company shuttering all non CA stores)
-Current Lululemon Space (Relocating)
-Current Gregory's Space (Relocating)
-Current Mac Space (Relocating)
-Current Sugarfina Space (Relocating)
-Current Teavana Space (Starbucks is shuttering all Teavanas)
-Current Valentino Space (Moving to HP Village Fall 2017)

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 25 Oct 2017 12:37

CUYANA- Now Open
https://www.cuyana.com/

R1070

Postby R1070 » 25 Oct 2017 20:56

It looks like they just re-used a portion of the Coach store. Are they waiting on another space to open or is this just a pop-up? I assume the same will happen with Ruti and Akola since they are expected to open rather quickly.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 25 Oct 2017 22:40

R1070 wrote:It looks like they just re-used a portion of the Coach store. Are they waiting on another space to open or is this just a pop-up? I assume the same will happen with Ruti and Akola since they are expected to open rather quickly.

Haha I never noticed you are alway on my Texas Shopping page in city data.

I would agree, the store is probably waiting for a current tenant to move and then Cuyana will renovate. Northpark does this all the time, maybe Cuyana wanted to test the market before they invest in renovations. Ruti & Akola might be doing the same thing, or maybe Northpark is trying to fill vacant spaces as the holiday season approaches.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 26 Oct 2017 19:46

According to Culture Map Dallas, it is a return pop-up store (they had a previous pop-up in Dallas) that will last through the holidays.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 26 Oct 2017 21:34

R1070 wrote:According to Culture Map Dallas, it is a return pop-up store (they had a previous pop-up in Dallas) that will last through the holidays.

Interesting as the Cuyana site does not mention "pop-up" anywhere, or a limited timeline of the store.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 27 Oct 2017 13:45

R1070 wrote:http://dallas.culturemap.com/news/fashion/10-26-17-cuyana-popup-boutique-northpark/

Yeah I saw the article, but this is the only place that mentions it as a pop-up. Cuyana sites have it listed as a boutique with no closing date, and Northpark's site lists it as the first store of the Southwest US.

Butters

Postby Butters » 28 Oct 2017 13:28

Jasimm - curious why you want to see stores like ANTHROPOLOGIE leave HPV when they perform better than half the luxury stores there that I never ever see a single customer in. Btw, There isn't a luxury center in the country that can survive with little to no foot traffic. NONE!!!

Mark my words the majority of these stores you love will be gone from HPV in the next 5 years. It will be Just like the 90's all over again.... ALL Retailers need foot traffic to survive, excluding Hermes who is the only retailer who seems to do well no matter where they locate. The interesting question is how much money hermes is missing in Dallas, Houston, Atlanta and Miami where they could be in locations with much more dominant sales in luxury.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 29 Oct 2017 01:37

Butters wrote:Jasimm - curious why you want to see stores like ANTHROPOLOGIE leave HPV when they perform better than half the luxury stores there that I never ever see a single customer in. Btw, There isn't a luxury center in the country that can survive with little to no foot traffic. NONE!!!

Mark my words the majority of these stores you love will be gone from HPV in the next 5 years. It will be Just like the 90's all over again.... ALL Retailers need foot traffic to survive, excluding Hermes who is the only retailer who seems to do well no matter where they locate. The interesting question is how much money hermes is missing in Dallas, Houston, Atlanta and Miami where they could be in locations with much more dominant sales in luxury.

That was all over the place from Antro HP Village, to foot traffic concerns, to Hermes sales/store locations, but anyways this is uncharted territory for Dallas it will all be a learning experience. As the city grows, and the interest of brands opening in our centers expands, it will take time to figure out the set of stores that will prosper. Some will come and some will go but HP Village has changed and will remain its setting as a luxury center.

I have nothing against Anthropolgie, but Dallas already has one down the way at Northpark, plus locations in Plano, Southlake, Fort Worth, and coming soon to Frisco. It would be great to see a renovation of the Antho space into smaller stores bringing more Dallas exclusives to market.

The times I have been shopping at HP Village the parking lot is packed, and the shops all have people in them so I think the foot traffic is fine. They have curated a selection of stores that have an established selling history in the area and have seen high demands for stores to open. The foot traffic is also unseen via online or phone orders, most stores like this have private consultations or make home visits and sell a lot behind the scenes to high profile customers.

Looking at Downtown Dallas, foot traffic has never been stellar yet Neiman Marcus has remained an anchor of downtown retail for decades, and now we have seen the expansion of luxury shopping with Forty Five Ten, Traffic LA, Taschen, TenOverSix, etc. The demand is there even if the foot traffic is not what you see, sales are happening so stores will keep opening.

Hermes is placed in some of the most high income household neighborhoods in the country, they invest millions into store research and would not open a new store unless they perceived it as a need and concluded it would be profitable. Hermes Dallas is in a perfect location with the recent expansion they have private in store/balcony parties and events, something that would be impossible to hold at Northpark due to space constraints. Hermes Houston is in the new River Oaks Center which was a great move from the previous location off a lonely road, it will be interesting to see how it does with the new luxury center companions as I have heard rumors River Oaks District is failing. Hermes Miami is situated deep in the heart of the Miami Design District, a large bustling cultural arts center with hundreds of stores and galleries. They draw residents from all over the world and the MDM has seen some of the most exclusive retailers opening for the first time to the US beating out NYC or LA, so I am sure Hermes thought it a good place to open a Flagship store. Bal Harbour Shops is overcrowded and waitlist for rents is too long due to limited space, Hermes saw an opportunity and took it at MDM.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 29 Oct 2017 01:38

Butters wrote:Jasimm - curious why you want to see stores like ANTHROPOLOGIE leave HPV when they perform better than half the luxury stores there that I never ever see a single customer in. Btw, There isn't a luxury center in the country that can survive with little to no foot traffic. NONE!!!

Also this is the Northpark Center thread, would be better to have put this on the HP Village thread.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 29 Oct 2017 09:18

Both Northpark and HPVillage will do better as the retail setting in Downtown/Uptown coalesces. Population growth in this downtown area continues and finally Oak Cliff and West Dallas have joined the expansion. With more consumers living just south of the river the possibility of a shopping district in the CBD improves; Headington has clearly set the tone for Main Street. The growing customer base south of the river will fill-in the foundation of the New Old downtown shopping destination, chic, niche, rare, often expensive and difficult to find anywhere else in the region.

The resurrection of CBD shopping will be a new rudder guiding the directions of HPVillage, and Northpark, expanding the trade area.

Northpark will finish the second floor to accommodate all the brands fitting into the more desirable domestic shopping destination; office buildings and hotels will join the shopping mall at long last.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 29 Oct 2017 15:40

tamtagon wrote:Both Northpark and HPVillage will do better as the retail setting in Downtown/Uptown coalesces. Population growth in this downtown area continues and finally Oak Cliff and West Dallas have joined the expansion. With more consumers living just south of the river the possibility of a shopping district in the CBD improves; Headington has clearly set the tone for Main Street. The growing customer base south of the river will fill-in the foundation of the New Old downtown shopping destination, chic, niche, rare, often expensive and difficult to find anywhere else in the region.

The resurrection of CBD shopping will be a new rudder guiding the directions of HPVillage, and Northpark, expanding the trade area.

Northpark will finish the second floor to accommodate all the brands fitting into the more desirable domestic shopping destination; office buildings and hotels will join the shopping mall at long last.

Yes Yes and Yes. All things I agree with.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 29 Oct 2017 16:15

It looks like they are putting up some type of metal reinforcements on the ceiling of the original part of the mall. Does this have to do with the rumored finishing of the 2nd floor?