Trinity Strand Trail

DPatel304

Trinity Strand Trail

Postby DPatel304 » 21 Sep 2018 00:29

Friends, we are making the trail even better for you with 2.3 more miles planned for construction next year! You're just in time to make your donation. We are still $2,000 away from reaching our goal!

There is no better time to give than when you are giving with the community! Support the Trinity Strand Trail and make your donation this afternoon. All donations over $25 are eligible for gifts. Thank you!
https://www.northtexasgivingday.org/tri ... rand-trail

https://www.facebook.com/TrinityStrandT ... =3&theater

I'm not that familiar with this trail, so I'm not sure where this 2.3 mile portion is going to be. Also, aside from this Facebook post, I haven't seen anything regarding any more construction on this trail, so I'm not sure how accurate this is.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Re: Trinity Strand Trail

Postby tamtagon » 21 Sep 2018 07:44

This has been a thing for 5 or 10 years.... somewhere we've got a thread of thread tangent about it.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 24 Sep 2018 09:06

42128754_10155463370062447_2925420435690487808_n.jpg

You just have to look at the facebook page but they are planning a 2.5 expansion on the opposite side from the current concrete trail within the meanders.

The white line is the current concrete trail. The Yellow line connecting it to Inwood should be done already but I have no confirmation on that. It's 2.25 miles long along existing sidewalk areas and it could have been delayed for any number of issues including land acquisition etc. The green line that runs parallel to the white line on the opposite side of the meanders banks is the supposed expansion along with a segment to the Trinity levee along the last part of Turtle Creek Blvd connecting the trail to the Trinity River trail system. This expansion is on existing right of way so while it may be Phase 3 it could be completed faster than the Inwood station route.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”

lakewoodhobo

Postby lakewoodhobo » 24 Sep 2018 10:27

Phase 2 is what they're saying will start construction next year, which I think is a deviation from original plans to connect it to DART's Market Center Station. You'll now be able to take the trail along Harry Hines and maybe wave to a few hookers along the ride.

If the yellow line is the final route, it looks like from Harry Hines it'll turn NE on Medical District Dr in front of Parkland until it meets with DART. From there it follows the transit ROW past Parkland Station until it reaches Inwood. I like this plan much more than the original.

lakewoodhobo

Postby lakewoodhobo » 29 Jul 2019 12:13

Over the weekend I noticed what looks like a trail under construction behind the Alta Design District (yellow line). It looks like it just branches off Hi Line Dr and would connect to either Edison St or Inspiration Dr.

It would be great if this were part of a larger project to connect Victory Station to the Design District under Stemmons (green line) but at this point I have no idea what's proposed, what's funded and what's under construction.

Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 12.08.02 PM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CTroyMathis
Site Admin

Postby CTroyMathis » 22 Jun 2020 14:57

Apparently, start date for Inwood/Denton to Turtle Creek & Phase One starts November 2020.

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/ ... 2020019264

CTroyMathis
Site Admin

Postby CTroyMathis » 24 Sep 2020 11:11

Whatever happened to "The Connection" from 2011 regarding tying Trinity Strand directly w/The Katy under DNT/over Houston (something like that & with a gentle spiral)?

I saw a twitter post from the mayor today saying there will be a design contract underway to connect the two trails (again).
Besides money availability/allocation way back when, it seems like that plan could just be tweaked to current conditions/expectations/budget and used perhaps instead of starting all over from scratch and waiting for a new team to come up with much of the same results found a decade ago. Also, there's even still a city council pdf online from 2008 on this subject. . .

Or, is the tie-in really just going to be to cut through Victory Park via 35 underpass and protected bike lanes on streets?

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 24 Sep 2020 11:43

It's a shame we can't just deck 35 and DNT here and extend Reverchon park, but that just seems insanely expensive/unrealistic.

lakewoodhobo

Postby lakewoodhobo » 17 Apr 2023 17:24

Dallas begins building The Loop’s Hi Line Connector trail despite contractor’s lawsuit
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/comment ... g-lawsuit/

With no fanfare or groundbreaking photo op, construction has begun on The Loop Dallas’ Hi Line Connector.

The mile-long trail, a critical segment in the heart of Dallas that will close a hole in the overall 50-mile bike-and-hike circuit, had been held hostage by litigation for almost a year.

casperitl

Postby casperitl » 26 Apr 2023 15:17

Looks like most of the upgraded amenities are going away for this trail. Lighting, electrical conduits and other upgrades. Not what was promised but what will be delivered. It will be utilitarian and that's about it. The trail was always going to be this way. It needed fluff to sell it to the City Council. They always buy into fancy renderings.