Frisco: The Gate

Tnexster

Frisco: The Gate

Postby Tnexster » 26 Jun 2017 15:46

Frisco's $5 billion mile lands more development

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... evelopment
Frisco's $5 billion mile is getting another project.

Irving-based apartment builder JPI is working on plans for a new rental community in the $700 million Gate development on the Dallas North Tollway north of John Hickman Parkway.

The planned apartment development would be just across the tollway from the huge Wade Park project.

JPI has filed plans with Frisco for a 440-unit, 5-story apartment project with two buildings to be constructed on almost seven acres. The developer plans to start construction on its Gate project next year, according to a JPI representative.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Re: Frisco: The Gate

Postby tamtagon » 26 Jun 2017 16:52

Good to see, reassuring actually, that the multi-family component of city building is not being left out. Las Colinas is trying to play catch-up and seems to be working, and the residential component is infusing into Legacy and West, so maybe the plan in Frisco really is the best to-date. We'll see.

DAFW

Postby DAFW » 27 Jun 2018 03:37

hmm, not much has been announced on the gate and it's likely because the developer has been working on infrastructure for while now. Many have probably forgotten it existed... But here's an update anyways because why not!

In the article originally posted by Tnexster it mentioned that a JPI representative said the developer was going to start construction on their apartment buildings in the gate this year. Since infrastructure for the project might be nearing completion, I can only hope that'll mean there will be some new announcements and groundbreakings in the coming months(?) as well as we might finally find out which luxury hotel chain is going to run the boutique hotel.

Also more importantly here's the most recent 2018 construction update video posted by IGO themselves: click here

AND, I was digging on The Gate's facebook page and while skimming through their renderings posted...
The condo tower was captioned "170 Condominiums to break ground September 2018" Which is in 2 ish~ months from now! If this is true, along with the activity from the 440 apartment units by JPI which are also expected to break ground this year, The Gate will finally start to pick up the pace!

exelone31

Postby exelone31 » 27 Jun 2018 08:09

Great update, the infrastructure they've got so far in that video looks solid. Somewhat reminds me of Vitruvian Park in Addison. I didn't realize it was even that far along, as news has been pretty sparse coming out about it.

Warrior2015

Postby Warrior2015 » 27 Jun 2018 09:57

DAFW wrote:hmm, not much has been announced on the gate and it's likely because the developer has been working on infrastructure for while now. Many have probably forgotten it existed... But here's an update anyways because why not!

In the article originally posted by Tnexster it mentioned that a JPI representative said the developer was going to start construction on their apartment buildings in the gate this year. Since infrastructure for the project might be nearing completion, I can only hope that'll mean there will be some new announcements and groundbreakings in the coming months(?) as well as we might finally find out which luxury hotel chain is going to run the boutique hotel.

Also more importantly here's the most recent 2018 construction update video posted by IGO themselves: click here

AND, I was digging on The Gate's facebook page and while skimming through their renderings posted...
The condo tower was captioned "170 Condominiums to break ground September 2018" Which is in 2 ish~ months from now! If this is true, along with the activity from the 440 apartment units by JPI which are also expected to break ground this year, The Gate will finally start to pick up the pace!

Nice find! I really like this project it has character too it. So towards the end of the video the apartments that are under construction is that from Frisco station ?

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 27 Jun 2018 10:52

The Gate is the $5 Billion Mile component funded by Arabian Peninsula money, right?

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 27 Jun 2018 14:18

tamtagon wrote:The Gate is the $5 Billion Mile component funded by Arabian Peninsula money, right?

Yes, although I believe on of the concerns from Frisco's side is that the so called developer in this situation has been selling off bits and pieces of the land kind of like Beck at Midtown.

DAFW

Postby DAFW » 27 Jun 2018 17:38

Nice find! I really like this project it has character too it. So towards the end of the video the apartments that are under construction is that from Frisco station ?

Actually, in that video, the apartments shown at the end are part of the first phase of The Gate. Everything north of John Hickman Parkway ABOVE Frisco Station is The Gate. In the master plan, its located on the far left side of the development. Called "The Domain at the Gate" theres 350 units to it and its supposed to be opening soon. I've looked everywhere for a website or any apartment listings connected to it and I haven't seen any so far...

Warrior2015

Postby Warrior2015 » 27 Jun 2018 18:12

DAFW wrote:

Actually, in that video, the apartments shown at the end are part of the first phase of The Gate. Everything north of John Hickman Parkway ABOVE Frisco Station is The Gate. In the master plan, its located on the far left side of the development. Called "The Domain at the Gate" theres 350 units to it and its supposed to be opening soon. I've looked everywhere for a website or any apartment listings connected to it and I haven't seen any so far...

Oh yeah I think I remember the article of this one breaking ground I think October 2016 when it was announced

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 24 Sep 2018 11:54

Frisco condo tower in the works on $5 billion mile

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... illionmile

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 30 Oct 2018 15:01

Minneapolis builder plans offices in Frisco's $700 million Gate project

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... te-project

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 30 Oct 2018 16:46

DAFW

Postby DAFW » 04 Nov 2018 17:21

Heres the rendering grabbed from the DMN article. Looks like it'll be two 16 story towers, and one 11 story tower in the middle... It doesn't seem like they are going with the same european inspired architecture that the rest of the project is following.

Last edited by DAFW on 08 Feb 2019 16:52, edited 1 time in total.

itsjrd1964

Postby itsjrd1964 » 05 Feb 2019 08:21

More about this part of The Gate, called "Auspire"... no timelines were disclosed.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... evelopment

DAFW

Postby DAFW » 08 Feb 2019 16:46

More Auspire Renderings, plus I found a construction timeline of 18-20 months for the Auspire project.
Avison Young will handle leasing of the office space, which has a construction schedule of 18 to 20 months.

FWIW, its stated in a DMN article that the entire Gate development is supposed to be completely finished way before "competing" developments which must mean that they have plans on ramping up construction soon.

From what you can see of the central park area they have planned for this project, it looks cool. I wish there were more renderings of it.

Source: https://rebusinessonline.com/ryan-inves ... in-frisco/

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 30 Aug 2019 08:35

Frisco's The Gate looks to add more residential units; hotel flag choice appears imminent

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... ce=twitter

SMU_L1848

Postby SMU_L1848 » 02 Sep 2019 13:45

A couple years ago I think rumors were a langham hotel would go in this development. But idk if it’s still gonna be that anymore.

Zaza hotel was committed to Wade Park, and of course out of their deal since. So maybe there’s an opportunity here?

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 02 Sep 2019 14:00

How many years ago was the big story in Frisco about the phenomenal $5 Billion worth of stuff happening all at once; now is even half of that still in the works?

texasstar

Postby texasstar » 02 Sep 2019 20:30

Actually, I would say it's all "still in the works". That and a good deal more.

DAFW

Postby DAFW » 05 Sep 2019 11:01

All of the $5 billion dollar mile projects (Now called the north platinum corridor because so many more developments have been added) are actually still in the works. Nothing has been completely cancelled, Even if you take away wade park, every other project in the $5 bill. mile is chugging along, at a healthy pace too.

Looks like the gate’s next project will be for a 30~ story 5 Star Hotel and Condo tower that looks more futuristic (following the modern style of the auspire office complex being built in the same development) The first 130 feet will be for the 5 star hotel (yet to be announced), and everything else will be luxury condos. It also appears that they even had to rezone the development to allow for more residential units and to allow the tower to be that tall. (previous zoning only allowed buildings up to 25 stories)

keep in mind the original condo tower that the gate development proposed, was only supposed to be around 12 stories tall.

source: https://communityimpact.com/dallas-fort ... in-frisco/

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 03 Dec 2019 10:34

High-rise hotel and condos on the drawing board for Frisco

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... or-frisco/

The project will include 225 luxury hotel rooms, 15,000 square feet of meeting space, retail and restaurants. The top floors of the tower will have 150 condo units, according to plans filed with the city.

Frisco’s economic development corporation is asking the city council to provide tax incentives to support the new building.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 04 Feb 2020 08:54

Dallas developer closes key land acquisition in Frisco

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... s_headline

JMJ Development has acquired 4.5 acres at the corner of the Dallas North Tollway and John Hickman Road with plans to bring a luxury hotel and residence project to Frisco.

Set to anchor Investor Group Overseas' The Gate development, JMJ has plans to bring a 28-story, 231-room luxury hotel, along with 90 branded residences, an upscale restaurant and high-end retail space, to the property.

The hospitality development is scheduled to open in 2024.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 05 Feb 2020 12:25

Developer buys Frisco site for hotel and residential tower

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... ial-tower/

Dallas-based JMJ Hospitality says that it has purchased land in Frisco for its previously announced hotel and residential tower.

The developer bought 4.5 acres in the $1 billion Gate development on the Dallas North Tollway.

The 49-acre Gate development, which already includes apartment and office sites, is just north of the Dallas Cowboys’ Star in Frisco mixed-use project.

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 11 Nov 2021 10:47

So this thread has set dead for over a year, and while there has been some activity in terms of construction on the project, it seems like it's dead, so I want to get everyone's thoughts.

"The Shops at the Gate" are and have been under construction for a majority of this year (and maybe late 2020), but I don't think I've noticed any changes/progress on them for at least 3 months..? There hasn't been a single peep about the 30 story hotel/condo tower previously approved, and in general, the fact that there hasn't been any construction progress makes me wonder what's going on.

IGO is an international developer, and they're definitely still pushing forward on their projects in Dubai and the rest of the Middle East (based on their various social profiles), but this thing seems pretty dead... Why?

The social accounts that are specifically focused on The Gate are pretty mediocre in terms of content (nonstop photos and videos of the little pond, paths, and donut apartments they have in the project), so they're still trying to market the project, but just for apartments that are already built..? I don't know what's really going on, so if any of you have thoughts or can dig to shed some light on what the situation is here, I'd love to know.

I wonder if the Auspire tower portion of The Gate getting shelved/cancelled set them back at all.. But why would that have any effect on the construction of some rather basic (albeit geared for luxury) retail/small office buildings..?

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 07 Jan 2022 14:57

Frisco’s $1 billion Gate project is getting another apartment community
Magnolia Property Co. has bought a development site in the Dallas North Tollway project.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... community/