Cypress Waters

vman

Re: Cypress Waters

Postby vman » 28 May 2019 11:52

^^
Looks like it was a really good turnout, especially in a development I consider somewhat isolated and under the radar.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 28 May 2019 12:19

Drove through here on Sunday. Really impressive! Got out and walked The Sound. The restaurants are looking good. High-quality tenants with some great build-outs. I wonder if they have any plans to add a hotel to the mix? I can see a business class hotel on the water, perhaps a Marriott or Hilton or really cool boutique hotel. Something with conference space. With all the Corporate offices in this development I think it would make sense. Could have a great pool area that overlooks the lake, and there are plenty of restaurants that visitors could walk to.

muncien

Postby muncien » 28 May 2019 12:28

Kelley USA wrote:Drove through here on Sunday. Really impressive! Got out and walked The Sound. The restaurants are looking good. High-quality tenants with some great build-outs. I wonder if they have any plans to add a hotel to the mix? I can see a business class hotel on the water, perhaps a Marriott or Hilton or really cool boutique hotel. Something with conference space. With all the Corporate offices in this development I think it would make sense. Could have a great pool area that overlooks the lake, and there are plenty of restaurants that visitors could walk to.

Funny you mention this. I have thought the same thing, but never seen any mention of it on the master plan. While at Ascension the other day, I did overhear mention of a hotel coming from a conversation at the neighboring table. They were some industry folks, but based on some of the other information offered, I don't think they really know what they're talking about, so I wouldn't read much into it. *** I know... I was being creepy... my bad ***
But it does seem like a no-brainer.

Also last week, I saw some cores being drilled on the site of the proposed 10-story building. I'll have to keep an eye on that one.

All restaurants are supposed to be 'officially' open by Thursday. I think they all made it in time for the grand opening (not sure about Eno's), but today and tomorrow are demo days only... for most.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

itsjrd1964

Postby itsjrd1964 » 28 May 2019 21:46

There was a SpringHill Suites due to come to a spot by/near Belt Line/Hackberry but that project seems to have stalled. The property isn't on Marriott's online coming-soon list either. So far, the only close hotel with conference space is the Four Points-Sheraton on the west side of Belt Line. I don't know of any other planned hotels in that vicinity except the Tru by Hilton going in just north of the Four Points.

muncien

Postby muncien » 29 May 2019 09:11

itsjrd1964 wrote:There was a SpringHill Suites due to come to a spot by/near Belt Line/Hackberry but that project seems to have stalled. The property isn't on Marriott's online coming-soon list either. So far, the only close hotel with conference space is the Four Points-Sheraton on the west side of Belt Line. I don't know of any other planned hotels in that vicinity except the Tru by Hilton going in just north of the Four Points.

That SpringHill site is a total dump. I know it's not technically a part of Cypress Waters, but it sits on it's doorstep. I am certain that Billingsly doesn't appreciate the mess of weed covered PVC pipe sticking out of the ground among knocked over porta-potties as the first impression of many visitors. I haven't seen any work on that side for months.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 29 May 2019 13:39

On another note, the Point West shopping center going up just on the other side of Beltline seems to be coming along. They've already announced Panera Bread and Dunkin Donuts as tenants, along with Great Clips and a Mexican restaurant.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 31 Oct 2019 09:56

The first of 3 new building for Cypress Waters will kick off this Spring. Up next will be this 10 story office building. These will go up on the opposite side of the sound. Renderings seem to show perhaps a few more restaurants will be added to that side as well. Nice little slideshow on the link:

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... g/462911/1

muncien

Postby muncien » 31 Oct 2019 14:25

Kelley USA wrote:The first of 3 new building for Cypress Waters will kick off this Spring. Up next will be this 10 story office building. These will go up on the opposite side of the sound. Renderings seem to show perhaps a few more restaurants will be added to that side as well. Nice little slideshow on the link:

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... g/462911/1

Very cool. They have just about completed the multi-use path along that side, almost all the way to the dam. It isn't officially open yet, but it's effectively done. It'll be cool to watch something of size (and not tilt-wall) go up. This place just seems to grow non-stop. They've also been doing some clearing along the Northwest corner of the development as well (heading N on Beltline towards the proposed train station). Not sure if they plan on building there soon, though...

vman

Postby vman » 31 Oct 2019 14:47

muncien wrote:
Very cool. They have just about completed the multi-use path along that side, almost all the way to the dam. It isn't officially open yet, but it's effectively done. It'll be cool to watch something of size (and not tilt-wall) go up. This place just seems to grow non-stop. They've also been doing some clearing along the Northwest corner of the development as well (heading N on Beltline towards the proposed train station). Not sure if they plan on building there soon, though...

I really love this development. I hate to say it, but I'm liking it more than Las Colinas' Urban Center. The main issue I have with Cypress Waters is all the surface parking lots. But if more retail is continually added, this area is really going to be something!!

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 02 Nov 2019 12:35

There are taller than I had expected here, good to see some height.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 20 Nov 2019 15:53

Cypress Waters lands another tenant- BNSF Logistics - 50K sq ft...

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... ig-tenant/

muncien

Postby muncien » 20 Nov 2019 16:19

Kelley USA wrote:Cypress Waters lands another tenant- BNSF Logistics - 50K sq ft...

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... ig-tenant/

This article states that 3200 Olympus is now 80% leased. But Billingsly's website shows it at 100%. I wonder what gives.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 12 Mar 2020 10:18

Looks like 7-11 has leased about 3K sf for a convenience store at The Sound. Looks like it'll be right next door to Ascension Coffee.

muncien

Postby muncien » 20 Mar 2020 16:39

Kelley USA wrote:Looks like 7-11 has leased about 3K sf for a convenience store at The Sound. Looks like it'll be right next door to Ascension Coffee.

That's good to hear... I was stoked to hear about their little self serve store just steps away, but only folks in that building and certain office buildings were given a FOB to access it. Glad to see a more accessible version.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 06 Jan 2021 11:04

Still growing at Cypress Waters! Billingsley breaks ground on 10 story office building. Good to see a little height going up...

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... aters.html

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 06 Jan 2021 11:52

Hmm, like to see a rendering. Also glad to see something with some height.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 06 Jan 2021 13:55

Tnexster wrote:Hmm, like to see a rendering. Also glad to see something with some height.

And here it is.....

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... struction/

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 09 Jun 2021 09:26

New 6-story, 300,000 sqft. office building coming to Cypress Waters courtesy of Billingsley. Construction potentially starting in October.
This is one of three potential buildings to be surrounding a "park" in this "complex." Located close to The Sound.
https://www.dallasnews.com/business/real-estate/2021/06/08/developer-billingsley-eyes-next-office-in-cypress-waters-project/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by undefinedprocess on 16 Jun 2021 11:08, edited 1 time in total.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 15 Jun 2021 15:13

"park" yeah like most of what Belo had around its old HQ in Downtown Dallas. Sculpture parks that were useless and made it hard to argue for the alternative more parking lots. Parks like what Victory Park built that was boring lifeless and just a lawn with a fountain that the most ever done with it was a spot for dogs to poop. Design a real park that people want to use not formal gardens of lifeless plenty.
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 16 Jun 2021 11:09

cowboyeagle05 wrote:"park" yeah like most of what Belo had around its old HQ in Downtown Dallas. Sculpture parks that were useless and made it hard to argue for the alternative more parking lots. Parks like what Victory Park built that was boring lifeless and just a lawn with a fountain that the most ever done with it was a spot for dogs to poop. Design a real park that people want to use not formal gardens of lifeless plenty.

Yep, pretty on par for Billingsley. They're definitely becoming one of my most hated developers in DFW...

vman

Postby vman » 22 Jul 2021 08:12

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... ss-waters/

Two more companies headed to Cypress Waters, General Motors and Island Technologies.

I took a friend from Dallas to Rodeo Goat at The Sound earlier this week. I forget sometimes what a beautiful development that is turning out to be. One of the reasons I love taking people to The Sound is that so few people know it's there. I guess enough people know, because every time I've gone on a weekend, there's a decent crowd. But people I've taken have never heard of it and are always impressed by it.

Addison

Postby Addison » 22 Jul 2021 08:31

vman wrote:https://www.dallasnews.com/business/real-estate/2021/07/21/two-more-businesses-headed-to-new-offices-in-cypress-waters/

Two more companies headed to Cypress Waters, General Motors and Island Technologies.

I took a friend from Dallas to Rodeo Goat at The Sound earlier this week. I forget sometimes what a beautiful development that is turning out to be. One of the reasons I love taking people to The Sound is that so few people know it's there. I guess enough people know, because every time I've gone on a weekend, there's a decent crowd. But people I've taken have never heard of it and are always impressed by it.

That's interesting about GM. I wonder what plans they have for this space...
Last edited by Addison on 22 Jul 2021 10:03, edited 1 time in total.

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 22 Jul 2021 09:56

Addison wrote:
vman wrote:https://www.dallasnews.com/business/real-estate/2021/07/21/two-more-businesses-headed-to-new-offices-in-cypress-waters/

That's interesting about GM. I wondee what plans they have for this space...

I was wondering that too. It's a pretty small space . . .

Erick_g02

Postby Erick_g02 » 22 Jul 2021 16:10

(googles "The Sound Cypress Waters") Thanks! I didn't know of this area. I work in nearby Las Colinas so I'll need to head over there for lunch sometime.

IcedCowboyCoffee

Postby IcedCowboyCoffee » 12 Feb 2024 11:12

Passed through here over the weekend. The next phase of retail is under construction here:
cypress.jpg

cypress2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.