Highland Park Village

Jasimm

Re: Highland Park Village

Postby Jasimm » 13 Jun 2018 11:04

Butters wrote:Giuseppe Zanotti also leaving Highland Park Village?

I’ve heard that rumor too and they have wanted to close for awhile now

The space is now listed as "Coming Soon" on HP Village website.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 16 Jun 2018 17:30

I was at HP Village this morning and the store is still open. Not sure what the deal is there.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 11 Sep 2018 13:06

Stella McCartney space is now listed as "Coming Soon" on the HP Village website.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 11 Sep 2018 21:21

Wow... I'm wondering what's going on there.

I just wish that brands that don't do well there would try to open in another Dallas location like NorthPark that has higher foot traffic. We've lost DVF, Giuseppe Zanotti and now Stella McCartney. All of which could have possibly done well in another spot in the city.

I think Billy Reid will be opening in another part of the city from what I've heard.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 14 Sep 2018 12:29

Saint Laurent's move from Highland Park Village to NorthPark shows the luxury of being in demand

"...Other leases expiring at Highland Park Village in the next couple of years that may become turf battles are Alexander McQueen, Balenciaga and Stella McCartney. Saint Laurent, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen are all owned by Paris-based Kering. It also owns Gucci, which has stores at both NorthPark and Dallas Galleria...

Both Highland Park Village and NorthPark have vacancies, but they also say they have tenants in the pipeline waiting for just the right spaces...."

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/ret ... ury-demand

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 17 Sep 2018 16:41

R1070 wrote:Wow... I'm wondering what's going on there.

I just wish that brands that don't do well there would try to open in another Dallas location like NorthPark that has higher foot traffic. We've lost DVF, Giuseppe Zanotti and now Stella McCartney. All of which could have possibly done well in another spot in the city.

I think Billy Reid will be opening in another part of the city from what I've heard.

Possibly just a mistake because the Stella McCartney space is now back in the online maps.

Billy Reid would do well maybe on Knox, Downtown, possibly Plano Legacy West.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 03 Oct 2018 21:56

I think Le Labo will be opening at the 65 space between Juice Bar & Peepers according to permit filings. Interesting to see if this will just be a pop-up or a second Dallas location (first is Downtown in the Joule Hotel).

Also Harry Winston appears to be filing for changes including lights, carpeting and fixtures. Hopefully this is not them leaving rather just renovating.

hjkll

Postby hjkll » 03 Oct 2018 23:02

Can you link those permit filings?

hjkll

Postby hjkll » 07 Oct 2018 23:56

https://wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-sc ... 202870104/

Luxury rental pop up coming to HPV for 2 weeks.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 08 Oct 2018 16:51

hjkll wrote:Can you link those permit filings?

https://app.mygov.us/pi/citizen/report_ ... ormat=html

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 08 Oct 2018 16:52

hjkll wrote:https://wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-scoops/peter-dundas-armarium-bringing-celebrity-rentals-to-dallas-1202870104/

Luxury rental pop up coming to HPV for 2 weeks.

Will be interesting if they decide to stay longer, I know Neiman's has them in the high grossing stores in Dallas, San Francisco, and Beverly Hills.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 08 Oct 2018 18:09

As Main Street downtown becomes better setting, many of the high price, high profile brands will consider HPV be less and less as part of the retail circle with NorthPark; the big mall will trade the coveted store fronts with downtown while Highland Park Village takes the next couple of steps: finally getting a hotel and the haute couture retail component turns appointment only. Private collections viewed privately in galleries and showrooms.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 02 Nov 2018 02:08

The Great Republic has opened a Pop-Up next to Cartier.

https://www.great-republic.com/

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 20 Nov 2018 11:24

Le Labo Fragrances- NOW OPEN

The rumors were true, Le Labo has been poached by HP Village and moved from its downtown location at the Joule Hotel to 65 HP Village (between The Juice Bar & Peepers)

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 20 Nov 2018 16:56

I wasn't even aware of Le Labo was at the Joule but then again that's not my budget for shopping anyway.
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”

R1070

Postby R1070 » 20 Nov 2018 17:38

Looks like Stella McCartney is gone from the directory again. Is it closed?

Dallasretail

Postby Dallasretail » 20 Nov 2018 22:51

Stella was gone and empty when I was there last week. With that space, Goop’s pending closure, Great Republic’s temp space and Saint Laurent’s move to NP we will hopefully get some exciting new stores

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 21 Nov 2018 15:22

cowboyeagle05 wrote:I wasn't even aware of Le Labo was at the Joule but then again that's not my budget for shopping anyway.

It has been open a few years in the space that was previously PLAY Comme des Garçons at the Joule. Great little space downtown, wonder what will open next...

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 21 Nov 2018 16:16

Jasimm wrote:
cowboyeagle05 wrote:I wasn't even aware of Le Labo was at the Joule but then again that's not my budget for shopping anyway.

It has been open a few years in the space that was previously PLAY Comme des Garçons at the Joule. Great little space downtown, wonder what will open next...

Ah yeah, I used to get all my tires fixed there... :|

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 26 Dec 2018 22:02

Molto Formaggio is Now Closed.

"To Our Friends and Clients,
Molto Formaggio has been proud to serve you for the past ten years. Our lease in Highland Park Village has ended, and we have decided to close our doors on December 24.
We have truly enjoyed sourcing unique quality products and knowledge for all our clients. We have had the pleasure of taking many of you to meet our vendors in Europe and for you to see the special relationships we have built with our producers. Most of all, we have taken great pride in building and nurturing our relationships with our customers. We will miss seeing you and want to thank you for your years of support and friendship.
They say that location is key to any retail business. Highland Park Village is an iconic shopping center and has been very good to us.
We again want to thank you for your support. As they often say, we couldn't have done this without you.
Wishing you a Merry Everything and a Happy Always!
Michael and Christy
Owners, Molto Formaggio"

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 26 Dec 2018 22:04

Vacant or Soon to be Vacated:
-Previous Goop Gift
-Previous Molto Formaggio
-Previous Stella McCartney
-Current The Great Republic Pop-Up
-Current Saint Laurent (Leaving Summer 2019)
-Temporary William Noble

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 11 Apr 2019 19:07

Dior Beauty is closing/closed.

New tenant has yet to be announced.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 11 Apr 2019 20:13

That would be a great location for a Jo Malone or Molton Brown store.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 11 Apr 2019 20:58

R1070 wrote:That would be a great location for a Jo Malone or Molton Brown store.

Jo Malone would be a great addition, compete with Northpark boasting Diptyque and coming soon Byredo.

I wonder If Valentino wants more space and might absorb it into their boutique...

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 12 Apr 2019 07:08

still cannot believe there's not a hotel in this shopping destination.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 13 Apr 2019 20:02

The GOOP space will be a new location for Hadleigh's.

Dallasretail

Postby Dallasretail » 18 May 2019 16:21

DNM got the official scoop - Goyard opens in November in the former Stella McCartney space. That should make it a pretty decent sized store. Certainly bigger than the tiny footprint Chicago got inside of Neimans. This is huge for Dallas and will certainly put us on the radar for more very exclusive retailers. I’m sure Prada, Miu , Moncler and others will be entering the market soon with some of the empty spaces at HPV and NorthPark Center

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/ret ... ily-affair

R1070

Postby R1070 » 18 May 2019 17:06

The fact that Prada has not reopened a store there already just blows my mind.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 19 May 2019 13:48

Dallasretail wrote:DNM got the official scoop - Goyard opens in November in the former Stella McCartney space. That should make it a pretty decent sized store. Certainly bigger than the tiny footprint Chicago got inside of Neimans. This is huge for Dallas and will certainly put us on the radar for more very exclusive retailers. I’m sure Prada, Miu , Moncler and others will be entering the market soon with some of the empty spaces at HPV and NorthPark Center

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/ret ... ily-affair

That is great news! I have purchased a few things from the San Francisco boutique and it is so small you can't have more than 5 or 6 people inside. A great new exclusive for HP Village and the greater Dallas area. Can't wait to see if the concept is similar to boutiques I have visited or something new.

Any news on other new tenants?

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 19 May 2019 14:09

I'm trying to understand the playing field here, for Highland Park Village. Clearly in the South Central US, only Houston has a similar shopping center concentration of luxury brands, but how does HPV stack up against concentrated luxury brand in other metros? Since the great recession, HPV has undergone a significant retooling, and my impression is that the shopping center may carry a moxy closer to what can be found in New York, Los Angeles than Atlanta, Houston, Miami or Chicago.

Is that accurate at all? Dallas has been making the list of emerging global fashion places since Lagerfield put on a show in the Fair Park pig barn, but is Highland Park Village ready for the bigger cat walk? I also think NorthPark Center has experienced a similar elevation in stature since the great recession, and with those two shopping centers advancing in the fashion scene, perhaps Dallas is finally approaching a new era.

If that's the case, maybe there's something to HPV co-owner Washburn making a play in the CBD with the purchase of the former DMN building. Putting the CBD back into play as a regional retail destination will only strengthen the case for even more exclusive luxury shopping in Highland Park. Putting a middle & higher end shopping center, hotel, residence and office complex next to the high volume revolving door of disposable income churning through the Convention Center is such a smart play I'm the Hunts might be kicking themselves about now....

NdoorTX

Postby NdoorTX » 19 May 2019 18:20

tamtagon wrote:I'm trying to understand the playing field here, for Highland Park Village. Clearly in the South Central US, only Houston has a similar shopping center concentration of luxury brands, but how does HPV stack up against concentrated luxury brand in other metros? Since the great recession, HPV has undergone a significant retooling, and my impression is that the shopping center may carry a moxy closer to what can be found in New York, Los Angeles than Atlanta, Houston, Miami or Chicago.

Is that accurate at all? Dallas has been making the list of emerging global fashion places since Lagerfield put on a show in the Fair Park pig barn, but is Highland Park Village ready for the bigger cat walk? I also think NorthPark Center has experienced a similar elevation in stature since the great recession, and with those two shopping centers advancing in the fashion scene, perhaps Dallas is finally approaching a new era.

If that's the case, maybe there's something to HPV co-owner Washburn making a play in the CBD with the purchase of the former DMN building. Putting the CBD back into play as a regional retail destination will only strengthen the case for even more exclusive luxury shopping in Highland Park. Putting a middle & higher end shopping center, hotel, residence and office complex next to the high volume revolving door of disposable income churning through the Convention Center is such a smart play I'm the Hunts might be kicking themselves about now....

Dallas has ranked high for a while now in the American pantheon of high end fashion. I’d say the very top of the list is:

(A) NYC, Miami, South Coast Plaza, LA/ Beverly Hills followed by

(B+) Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Las Vegas followed by

(B) Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, DC followed by

(B-) Phoenix, Seattle, Philadelphia, Honolulu, Short Hills followed by

(C) San Diego, Charlotte, Troy, Denver, Orlando, St. Louis

This is just my personal ranking. In some measures I’d say Dallas, Houston & Atlanta are poised to move up to (B+) In the near future. I also took into consideration fashion markets per region & fashionable brands that are not necessarily luxury
marks. Vegas is an anomaly where the tourist trade spurs it’s ranking & allows it to have multiple luxury brands represented in multiple store counts. Otherwise it might drop far lower.

Dallasretail

Postby Dallasretail » 19 May 2019 21:33

I agree with your rankings for the most part. I was just in Chicago and I must say that DFW has quite a few stores that Chicago does not. Michigan Ave and Oak St are certainly lined with some amazing flagship locations of the big boys. But when you look at some of the more emerging and hip youthful brands Chicago just doesn’t have them. I feel like the West Coast brands are in particular looking at Texas before other non coastal cities.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 19 May 2019 22:07

Is South Coast Plaza really that big a deal?

NdoorTX

Postby NdoorTX » 19 May 2019 23:07

Dallasretail wrote:I agree with your rankings for the most part. I was just in Chicago and I must say that DFW has quite a few stores that Chicago does not. Michigan Ave and Oak St are certainly lined with some amazing flagship locations of the big boys. But when you look at some of the more emerging and hip youthful brands Chicago just doesn’t have them. I feel like the West Coast brands are in particular looking at Texas before other non coastal cities.

Agreed, I think Dallas-ites are just more fashionable overall and aware of these brands. That's why I think we're poised to become even more important in the luxury retail world.
Last edited by NdoorTX on 19 May 2019 23:09, edited 1 time in total.

NdoorTX

Postby NdoorTX » 19 May 2019 23:08

tamtagon wrote:Is South Coast Plaza really that big a deal?

Kind of, yes...

hjkll

Postby hjkll » 20 May 2019 01:15

In general I think Dallas is moving from a B city and metro into an A city and metro, we are expanding yet densifying, more and more people are moving here from the coasts, and many parts of Dallas are rapidly gentrifying or just becoming more and more expensive. Brands like Glossier and Thinx have tested the waters here, clearly from the huge demand. I agree with "Dallasretail" that cities like Chicago have a better positioning of the big names, but more people like Reformation actually try their hand with us. After NY, LA, & Miami I would say we are stop #4 in everyone's mind, along with SF and Chicago. (Everyone except Uniqlo who will soon be in virtually all of America besides Texas...)

Getting Goyard is a huge win for us. Highland Park Village is truly fantastic and a huge asset for the city. I wish they would do some work on their parking lot area in the village and decrease the number of spaces by 20-30%, there are just too many cars in there. On their HPVillage website I count 5 "Coming Soon" spaces, (one of which we know is Goyard) and another by soon to be vacated Saint Laurent.

On my dream list for HPV I would want Prada and Maison Martin Margiela, as well as maybe a few less "ultra big names" like APC or Acne Studios which would also be huge wins. In reference to tamtagon's earlier post, HPV is going past just being an amazing place in Dallas but a top tier NY/LA/Miami level player. I wonder when they'll get rid of Anthropologie. It just seems so random now for it to be there. That space could be divided in 2 for 2 amazing brands like Prada and someone else. Northpark has also been getting better and better since the recession and them getting Isabel Marant means they aren't playing any games. The problem with NP is they are so massive, change does take time. I wish they would get rid of the Expresses, Gaps, and Bath and Body Works of the world and just fill them with newer, fresher retailers.

Also, Dallas could and should be the top tier city of the Southern US. I don't know why but even though Houston is bigger, they are more forgotten about in my opinion. Part of it is we have Neimans, 4510, Stanley Korshak, etc, but even though Houston spends a ton of clothes, there is something about Dallas that we have this front row spot in business' minds to expand here right after they plan stores in NY and LA. I hope NP and HPV continue to get better and better, they're run by amazing teams so I don't doubt it.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 20 May 2019 06:22

HPV needs a hotel.

Matt777

Postby Matt777 » 20 May 2019 10:05

HPV, in the future, should switch to a mostly valet model, and a garage somewhere offsite within walking distance if they can, and fill in the parking lots with park space, hotel, and maybe some standalone shops. I don't know if this is feasible but it would take it to the next level.

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 20 May 2019 11:56

hjkll wrote:In general I think Dallas is moving from a B city and metro into an A city and metro, we are expanding yet densifying, more and more people are moving here from the coasts, and many parts of Dallas are rapidly gentrifying or just becoming more and more expensive. Brands like Glossier and Thinx have tested the waters here, clearly from the huge demand. I agree with "Dallasretail" that cities like Chicago have a better positioning of the big names, but more people like Reformation actually try their hand with us. After NY, LA, & Miami I would say we are stop #4 in everyone's mind, along with SF and Chicago. (Everyone except Uniqlo who will soon be in virtually all of America besides Texas...)

Getting Goyard is a huge win for us. Highland Park Village is truly fantastic and a huge asset for the city. I wish they would do some work on their parking lot area in the village and decrease the number of spaces by 20-30%, there are just too many cars in there. On their HPVillage website I count 5 "Coming Soon" spaces, (one of which we know is Goyard) and another by soon to be vacated Saint Laurent.

On my dream list for HPV I would want Prada and Maison Martin Margiela, as well as maybe a few less "ultra big names" like APC or Acne Studios which would also be huge wins. In reference to tamtagon's earlier post, HPV is going past just being an amazing place in Dallas but a top tier NY/LA/Miami level player. I wonder when they'll get rid of Anthropologie. It just seems so random now for it to be there. That space could be divided in 2 for 2 amazing brands like Prada and someone else. Northpark has also been getting better and better since the recession and them getting Isabel Marant means they aren't playing any games. The problem with NP is they are so massive, change does take time. I wish they would get rid of the Expresses, Gaps, and Bath and Body Works of the world and just fill them with newer, fresher retailers.

Also, Dallas could and should be the top tier city of the Southern US. I don't know why but even though Houston is bigger, they are more forgotten about in my opinion. Part of it is we have Neimans, 4510, Stanley Korshak, etc, but even though Houston spends a ton of clothes, there is something about Dallas that we have this front row spot in business' minds to expand here right after they plan stores in NY and LA. I hope NP and HPV continue to get better and better, they're run by amazing teams so I don't doubt it.

I think you are getting a bit carried away. Houston is not as forgotten about as you like to think. There are probably about as many high-end names with stores in Houston but not Dallas as vice versa.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 20 May 2019 15:54

Matt777 wrote:HPV, in the future, should switch to a mostly valet model, and a garage somewhere offsite within walking distance if they can, and fill in the parking lots with park space, hotel, and maybe some standalone shops. I don't know if this is feasible but it would take it to the next level.

I’ve always said this. They could incorporate parallel parking along the curbs of the sidewalks, but that’s it. The parking lot is just too much as it is now.

Matt777

Postby Matt777 » 20 May 2019 16:11

R1070 wrote:
Matt777 wrote:HPV, in the future, should switch to a mostly valet model, and a garage somewhere offsite within walking distance if they can, and fill in the parking lots with park space, hotel, and maybe some standalone shops. I don't know if this is feasible but it would take it to the next level.

I’ve always said this. They could incorporate parallel parking along the curbs of the sidewalks, but that’s it. The parking lot is just too much as it is now.

I wonder if HP zoning allows them to build a garage and/or hotel midrise where their parking lot across Mockingbird is.

Or, if they could strike a deal with the Dallas Country Club to build underground parking under the course at Preston and Mockingbird, connected underground to HPV, and then cover it back up with course. Maybe even a thin, high/mid-rise hotel there at the corner, or where the Wells Fargo branch sits now.

Of course, much of the garage would be for valet to park, and the valets would be able to zip back underground to the valet stand at the main center.

If underground parking was built, they could utilize the Mockingbird lot for even more retail spaces, or an anchor tenant.

eburress

Postby eburress » 20 May 2019 17:02

I'd be surprised if HP stakeholders went for either option, but maybe they'd go for turning the lot across Mockingbird into an underground garage if there were a park or playground on top, at ground level.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 21 May 2019 10:54

I doubt any park project would happen cause they would be afraid of the Klyde Warren affect. Same fear happened with Preston Center. They are afraid if they build a good signature park people who don't live nearby will swarm. The problem is DFW is so starved for good parks and Dallas proper particularly, when something with a good gimmick like Klyde Warren opens people show up coming from Frisco, Plano, Garland, Mesquite, Dallas etc. Preston Center and HPV serve a similar clientele of people who wish to keep away as many outsiders as possible. They fear success signature parks.

Butters

Postby Butters » 27 May 2019 17:48

Hjkll you crack me up with your posts. Honolulu and Las Vegas are way bigger and more important retail markets than Dallas. Every store in these 2 markets do double and triple what your over hyped HPV stores do. Getting Goyard is nice but the same can be said about NP getting Isabel Marant. NP getting Eataly is way bigger for Dallas. More customers and visitors will visit Eataly in a weekend than Goyard will get all year.

itsjrd1964

Postby itsjrd1964 » 27 May 2019 21:34

So, *if* HPV were in the running for a new hotel, which brand and how big? The size of a Hotel Lumen, or bigger? A conservative/traditional brand, or one of the more hip and stylish concepts?

Dallasretail

Postby Dallasretail » 04 Jun 2019 22:17

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/ret ... rt-talbott

Robert Talbott locked out for not paying rent.

Sounds like another open space coming soon. We know Goyard is taking Stella McCartney. Any word on former Saint Laurent, former William Noble (2 spaces), former Molto Formaggio, former Hadleighs once they move, former Dior Beauty?

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 05 Jun 2019 22:25

Dallasretail wrote:https://www.dallasnews.com/business/retail/2019/06/04/highland-park-village-changed-locks-mens-clothier-robert-talbott

Robert Talbott locked out for not paying rent.

Sounds like another open space coming soon. We know Goyard is taking Stella McCartney. Any word on former Saint Laurent, former William Noble (2 spaces), former Molto Formaggio, former Hadleighs once they move, former Dior Beauty?

This is the most movement I have seen in a long time. It will be interesting to see what happens, but with the Goyard announced I expect the rest to follow will be just as exciting. HP Village keeps everything so hush hush sadly I don't think we will be finding out soon.

Some notable brands without a Dallas presence.....
Bond No.9
Byredo (No longer listed as coming soon at Northpark, maybe wanted a more exclusive location??)
Chloè
Creed
Givenchy
Kiton
Ladurée
Lanvin
Loewe
Marc Jacobs
Marni
Miu Miu
Prada
Van Cleef & Arpels
Zadig & Voltaire (currently on a US expansion)
Zimmermann

Dallasretail

Postby Dallasretail » 22 Jun 2019 08:02

Draper James has a sign out that this is their last week at HPV and will be relocating. Not sure where. This adds to the highest number of vacant spaces we have seen in a long time. The only space that appears to be under construction is Goyard but still no coming soon sign on location for them or any mention on the website. I would think we would start to see more of these empty spaces ramp up construction to get open before the holiday season.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 22 Jun 2019 09:43

Draper James would do well in West Village, Knox or Preston Center. It will be interesting to see where they end up.

Dallasretail

Postby Dallasretail » 22 Jun 2019 10:25

I called Draper and they said they were not ready to announce the new location but will soon. They said that there will be a gap between HPV closing and opening of new store but that they would still be available for private styling and consultation in the gap.