Northpark Center

Jasimm

Re: Northpark Center

Postby Jasimm » 27 Jul 2018 12:52

Butters wrote:If the barricade is popped out the store is under construction. If it is flush it’s not under construction yet. Open the construction doors and see for yourself. Saint Laurent is the 1st of a few new amazing additions I’m hearing from those in the know.... :)

Glad to hear more are on the way, hopefully sooner than Saint Laurent's expected opening of Summer 2019.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 27 Jul 2018 12:53

R1070 wrote:I don't know if Splendid is moving or closing. It was still open when I was shopping yesterday.

In the updated Summer 2018 map it still shows Splendid being replaced.

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 27 Jul 2018 13:03

I presume Saint Laurent is moving from HPV?

Butters

Postby Butters » 27 Jul 2018 18:15

Tucy - according to their sales people they are closing HPV when they relocate.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 02 Aug 2018 21:19

Rodd & Gunn is now open and Brookstone announced today that it will be closing all of it's mall stores, so that's another spot that will open up in the mall. I'm not surprised by the Brookstone announcement and I always felt like it looked odd in that spot anyway.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 03 Aug 2018 17:26

Louis Vuitton Men's store is now open.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 05 Aug 2018 15:09

Jasimm wrote:Louis Vuitton Men's store is now open.

It appears to be a refresh of the Mulberry store design. Is this temporary and the plan is to open a larger LV store in the mall?

hjkll

Postby hjkll » 05 Aug 2018 18:27

R1070 wrote:
Jasimm wrote:Louis Vuitton Men's store is now open.

It appears to be a refresh of the Mulberry store design. Is this temporary and the plan is to open a larger LV store in the mall?

I hope LV takes over the Bvlgari/Montblanc spaces and expands with Men’s for one huge store with RTW. Same with Gucci and all or part of the Ferragamo space. Both brands are going through reinventions and those locations could serve as Texas flagships and have way more than the product offering than just the basics.

Also I said this in a previous post but Northpark has a vacant spots that are unclaimed as well as the soon to be vacated Brookstone spot. I wish they would work more on getting pop ups for new brands like All Birds or Everlane.

Dallasretail

Postby Dallasretail » 05 Aug 2018 19:43

I agree the men’s store is def temporary. The men’s line now carries ready to wear clothing for the first time in Dallas. But the much larger original store wasn’t reconfigured to carry women’s clothing so they appear to be have other plans. Perhaps the Williams Sonoma space that still doesn’t have an announced tenant.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 05 Aug 2018 21:17

I was thinking the Williams Sonoma space as well.

Butters

Postby Butters » 22 Aug 2018 12:54

Paige is now open and looks great and I understand Aesop will open tomorrow

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 22 Aug 2018 13:11

Butters wrote:Paige is now open and looks great and I understand Aesop will open tomorrow

Paige has a great selection, but can make it in an ever crowded Dallas demin market (AG, Rag & Bone, Frame, Lucky Brand, Baldwin, etc)

Finally. I love Aēsop but this store has taken forever to open. I just wish they could have included the spa that I think 3 other stores worldwide have.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 11 Sep 2018 13:07

BOTTLETOP - OPENING FALL 2018

BOTTLETOP is a British sustainable fashion brand. Their products blend artisanal production techniques from diverse cultures with elevated design and the finest sustainably sourced materials. Their atelier in Salvador, Brazil creates bags and accessories featuring custom production techniques and signature materials: up-cycled metal and certified zero deforestation leather from the Amazon.

BOTTLETOP and Narciso Rodriguez were awarded the Green Carpet Challenge (GCC) brandmark by Eco Age in 2014 for their design collaboration. BOTTLETOP collaborated with DKNY in 2015 and partnered with BAFTA and the Rio Olympics in 2016 designing costumes for the Opening Ceremony. They opened the first 3D printed retail store in the world made from recycled plastic in London in 2018, an iteration of which will be exclusively showcased at NorthPark Center.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 11 Sep 2018 21:16

Bottletop appears to be a pop-up store in the space that was previously Valentino.

Also...
Scotch & Soda is building out in the previous Papyrus location as they've opened their new spot in the old Johnston & Murphy space. I'm still not quite sure what is going on with 7 for all Mankind relocation though. Anyone have word on that?

Butters

Postby Butters » 11 Sep 2018 22:15

Bottletop is a pop up from what I read. According to a former sales person of 7FAM, he said 7FAM will reopen this Fall.

I can’t wait to hear who is taking the few vacant spaces available. I’m confident they will be good and unique like all the ones they’ve added the last few years.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 12 Sep 2018 21:10

With the direction NorthPark is going, it's funny that the GAP and Express now stick out some. I wouldn't be surprised if one or both of them move to the second floor where Sephora was and possibly one of them closing (most likely Express) to open up those spaces for more unique retailers.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 14 Sep 2018 11:59

R1070 wrote:With the direction NorthPark is going, it's funny that the GAP and Express now stick out some. I wouldn't be surprised if one or both of them move to the second floor where Sephora was and possibly one of them closing (most likely Express) to open up those spaces for more unique retailers.

Agreed, especially with Express.
I can see GAP staying as they are attempting a more fashion forward look but still if both these stores were replaced you could easily open 4 new stores in their place.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 14 Sep 2018 12:19

Retail updates to Northpark Center 9/14/18:
RED is a new change/update since last update 7/23/18

Relocating Soon:
-Papyrus- NOW OPEN (Previous Johnston & Murphy Space)
-7 for AllMankind- Moving Fall 2018 (Previous Splendid Space)
-Salvatore Ferragamo- Fall 2018 (Previous David Yurman Space)
-Versace- Fall 2018 (Current Salvatore Ferragamo Space)

New Stores Opening Soon:
-Aēsop- NOW OPEN (Previous Illori Space)
-Louis Vuitton Men's Store- NOW OPEN (Previous Mulberry Space)
-Paige Denim- NOW OPEN (Previous Alkola Space)
-Rodd & Gunn- NOW OPEN (Previous Sugarfina/Talbots Space)
-Bottletop- Fall 2018 (Previous Valentino Space)
-Kids Atelier- Fall 2018 (Previous Crewcuts Space)
-Morphe- Fall 2018 (Previous Sperry Top-Sider Space)
-Outdoor Voices- Fall 2018 (Previous Lululemon Space)
-Saint Laurent- Summer 2019 (Previous Design Within Reach Space)
-Scotch & Soda- Fall 2018 (Previous Papyrus Space)

New Stores Opening Soon in Unknown Locations:

Vacant or Soon to be Vacant Storefronts:
-Previous Williams Sonoma Space
-Previous Brookstone Space (Company Liquidation)
-Previous Henri Bendel Space (Closing All Retail Locations)

-Previous Clark's Space
-Previous Pirch Space (Possibly splitting into 3 spaces according to March 2018 map)
-Previous Talbots Space (1 of 2)
-Previous Mac/Coach Space (1 of 2)
-Previous Trains at Northpark Space

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 14 Sep 2018 12:30

Saint Laurent's move from Highland Park Village to NorthPark shows the luxury of being in demand

"At NorthPark this month, Louis Vuitton and New Zealand retailer Rodd & Gunn opened men's stores. Paige, a men's and women's boutique from Los Angeles with decidedly California fashion looks, opened Wednesday. Paige has a store in Austin, but otherwise has been coastal, with its other stores in New York City or California.

NorthPark's Apple store made some upgrades, adding a video wall and new tables, stools and counters.

Several new stores are opening in the next few months: Kid Atelier, Scotch & Soda, Morphe, Outdoor Voices and Saint Laurent. Salvatore Ferragamo, James Avery and Versace are remodeling or expanding next year.

While other enclosed malls have seen traffic declines, NorthPark is one of those "A" malls that have emerged in major markets as destinations while other secondary shopping centers have been losing their customers.

The mall has had a steady increase in traffic with a percentage change in the double-digits over the last two years, Gibbins said.

"We are fortunate to have an extremely loyal customer base" and a steady flow of new customers and international tourists, she said."

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/ret ... ury-demand

hjkll

Postby hjkll » 16 Sep 2018 10:33

Henri Bendel is closing all stores across the country including the 5th Avenue flagship. All locations will close by January of next year including Northpark's location. I'm curious what will replace them. More and more spaces are opening up in Northpark including the soon to be closed Brookstone.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 16 Sep 2018 12:04

I can't remember the last time I have been in NorthPark, it's probably been a year by now but I never go and the move to make the mall so upscale doesn't make it more appealing. Sign of the times, personal preference or whatever you want to call it I prefer an outdoor street scene these days.

Butters

Postby Butters » 16 Sep 2018 14:33

Tnexster wrote:I can't remember the last time I have been in NorthPark, it's probably been a year by now but I never go and the move to make the mall so upscale doesn't make it more appealing. Sign of the times, personal preference or whatever you want to call it I prefer an outdoor street scene these days.

This is what makes forums so interesting. Personal preferences. I’d recommend Allen outlets or Firewheel or West Village for you. I’ll stick to the nice cool A/C and huge variety of stores at different price points, many which you can only find at NP. The added bonus is the crazy amount of eye candy you see shopping there that you don’t see anywhere else.

Store closings are a positive as it allows them to add new stores. It’s hard to add when they are full

R1070

Postby R1070 » 16 Sep 2018 16:04

I don't feel like NP is getting too high end, but rather getting unique stores to the market or state.
I think their goal is about creating a more unique shopping experience rather than pricing people out.

Butters

Postby Butters » 16 Sep 2018 16:32

R1070 wrote:I don't feel like NP is getting too high end, but rather getting unique stores to the market or state.
I think their goal is about creating a more unique shopping experience rather than pricing people out.

Well said and fully agree. It has something for everyone and every price range but they also focus on unique high quality stores that can only be found at NP. That’s what makes the center so special

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 17 Sep 2018 09:43

It's funny, I use to go to NorthPark ALL the time but it's been maybe 2 years since I've stepped inside.

On another note... Just returned from a week long vacay in Cali. Visited both Fashion Island Mall and Westfield Century City Mall. Century City has just completed a massive addition and upgrade that now includes an Eataly and 100+ new stores. I know the weather isn't really condusive for such projects here, but both of those destinations are absolutely spectacular! I know we have places like Southlake Town Square and Legacy West that provide that outdoor experience, but they don't really compare.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 17 Sep 2018 12:18

Kelley USA wrote: Visited both Fashion Island Mall .

I used to work right near this mall and I can remember clearly the sense of wonder the first time taking the outdoor escalator down to the street being treated to an ocean view. So beautiful.

deweast

Postby deweast » 17 Sep 2018 12:53

I used to live in Big Canyon and would ride my bike over to Fashion Island just for the enjoyment of the experience. It is really something special. That said; the only place it would work is in the part of the country that has the best weather on the planet. Without that, the whole outside mall suffers....and the best you can do is what Frisco and Southlake have done. The good news is however I no longer pay ridiculous state income taxes, extraordinary gas tax, and over the top housing cost— all that great weather is VERY expensive.

muncien

Postby muncien » 18 Sep 2018 10:01

I think I bought a pair of jeans at Express in Northpark about nine years ago. Unfortunately, those jeans only lasted about four years and other than going to the theater at Northpark, I haven't purchased anything there since.
My version of the ideal 'shopping experience' involves finding positive amazon reviews on something I want with free same day delivery, or finding my actual size clothes on the clearance rack at Kohls... lol
But clearly I'm the exception. It's reassuring to see that there is still a clientele for what Northpark offers.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

Butters

Postby Butters » 18 Sep 2018 13:22

The weather makes Fashion Island and Century City a fun place to hang out. I'd add Stanford shopping center and Ala Moana in Honolulu in this category too. Dallas weather however is comparing apples and oranges. Way to many hot days to walk outside in comfort. Fashion Island has good restaurants but their store selection is very average. South Coast Plaza down the road has all the best stores. Century City has added some nice additions like Eataly but the store selection can be found in many other centers in LA. It's the design that they have done really well.

I've read NorthPark is the 5th highest grossing shopping center in the US so they obviously are doing something right and attracting local, regional and international shoppers. They are one of the few centers that has every top brand under one roof in a wonderful setting with great art.

Tivo_Kenevil

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 18 Sep 2018 13:48

Butters wrote:The weather makes Fashion Island and Century City a fun place to hang out. I'd add Stanford shopping center and Ala Moana in Honolulu in this category too. Dallas weather however is comparing apples and oranges. Way to many hot days to walk outside in comfort.

While I agree that Dallas weather isn't ideal; i also think it's a matter of archecture / design..

When I stayed abroad in Madrid, a landlocked , hot city, with concrete everywhere..with similar summer temps as Dallas..I frequnted both urban and suburban out door malls.

I simply don't buy that you can't have a successful outdoor mall in a hot place.

Centro Commercial Principal Pío is an example of such thing. Essentially the mall is built around a plaza space. Where you have buildings that house the stores but you have plaza space/ sidewalks that are landscaped enough to provide adequate shade. The buildings are situated close enough where the walk is short and tolerable.

One of the biggest reasons this fails here is because the surface parking lots and how they're situated. Looking at Firewheel Mall, we see that there are large department stores that have huge swaths of parking BETWEEN them.

Rather than having the stores in close proximity to each other we separate them with parking lots. That's the main thing. Don't you think Firewheel would be way better if the Large department stores where next to each other? Imagine having closed pedestrian spaces with nice landscaping between each store/building.

These are design choices that cities/ developers get wrong because they want parking in front of the store.

Essentially outdoor malls have to follow urban design principles to be successful other wise you're just building a shopping center. That's the difference between the two.

The_Overdog

Postby The_Overdog » 18 Sep 2018 14:25

I was in California most of the summer and went to Fashion Island a few times, and it gets Texas hot there often, just not Texas humid. California just does a much better job than Texas with street trees, awnings and landscaping for their hot weather. For what its worth, Fashion Islands urban design is more equivalent to something like Collin Creek Mall than to NorthPark, but its internal design and architecture is much better than either.

eburress

Postby eburress » 18 Sep 2018 14:27

I agree. Most of the shopping I do in Palm Springs, which is hot AF (easily 115º+ in the summers), is outdoor. Among other things, stores place misters above the sidewalks and patios which helps to keep things "cool" outdoors in the dead of summer.

Warrior2015

Postby Warrior2015 » 18 Sep 2018 15:30

eburress wrote:I agree. Most of the shopping I do in Palm Springs, which is hot AF (easily 115º+ in the summers), is outdoor. Among other things, stores place misters above the sidewalks and patios which helps to keep things "cool" outdoors in the dead of summer.

Right, and yet you still see thousands of people wandering the streets downtown palm springs and sitting on the patios enjoying dinner with friends and family. I dont buy the "it's too hot" thing bc so many cities that are hotter or just as hot as dallas have plenty of people outdoors in the peak of summer. It's just in Dallas the city is built mainly for cars and indoors, that's why most would prefer not to be outdoors during those temps.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 18 Sep 2018 15:52

Well, we keep bringing up the heat but there are also other weather factors too... 1) We get significantly more rainfall than Southern California. 2) We also have 3 months of winter where temps regularly drop into the 40's, 30's and even the 20's. Now, with that being said I too actually agree that weather should not be a factor... Look no further than Southlake to see a very successful outdoor shopping center (winter, spring, summer, fall). I enjoy walking around the Town Square in the Fall and Winter doing a little shopping. And I LOVE the heat so that's never a factor for me.

Butters

Postby Butters » 20 Sep 2018 00:09

As a male shopper Eddie Bauer, Brooks Brothers, Gap, Banana Republic, Vineyard Vines and Lululemon were my only options at Southlake Town Square. They did at least have Apple. Went there once with my wife and said never again. I’d rather go to Legacy West which has a unique lineup that isn’t in every center if I go to an outdoor center in Big D. Parking is difficult but the food options are cool.

To each it’s own

dzh

Postby dzh » 20 Sep 2018 07:09

I heard a rumor that Northpark is gearing up for a new expansion. Was even told a tenant like Eataly is in the mix. That being said, you just never know how fruitful hearing a rumor can be, so I just wanted to put this feeler out there and see if anybody had heard any similar rumors recently.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 20 Sep 2018 08:52

For me personally, Southlake Towncenter didn't have anything I needed. I was always a NorthPark shopper but they have started drifting a little further in an upscale direction that I am not willing to follow.

As for the Eataly/NorthPark expansion rumor. There is always a NorthPark expansion rumor. Always. When the front loaders show up and start turning parking lots into soil again give me a call.
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 20 Sep 2018 09:30

I would look for expansion/renovation in this order: NorthPark Retail Office Hotel - Carruth Plaza rebuild - NorthPark Retail Office Hotel - Greenville Avenue rebuild.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 20 Sep 2018 09:42

I know it's a mall that for the most has struggled, but I really like what Willow Bend is doing right now- especially with the new dining district decks. That's something I could see being implemented at NorthPark with an Eataly being part of that.

hjkll

Postby hjkll » 21 Sep 2018 23:14

I predicted in an earlier post that Louis Vuitton would eventually end up eating the Bvlgari and Montblanc stores eventually, and though it's not happening immediately- in this month's (September) Papercity, they highlight the Men's store and how

"the standalone men's boutique is dubbed a pop-up, setting the stage for a major future expansion of Louis Vuitton at Northpark Center. On the docket: a new Louis Vuitton Global Store that, much like other LV global emporiums in Tokyo and Paris, will span all LV categories in a very expansive and elevated way."

I was in Northpark recently and it's just amazing how well that mall is doing. The Nashers are going the slow by steady route, making small but impressive changes over time instead of just announcing a giant mega update all at once and adding on condos and hotels and blah blah etc. The Neimans to Nordstrom wing is basically perfection- but I wish they spent some time updating the other side of the mall. I wish they would kick out stores like Express who aren't interesting or relevant at any price point. I've also always wondered about Charlotte Russe on Level 2. That must be the most random store in Northpark, and they must have an iron clad lease. I'm shocked that store is still there.

Northpark is and will undoubtedly be the main retail destination of DFW if not Texas as a whole. Not only are they focusing on getting all the megabrands- I'm glad they're also including people like Fabiana Filippi who only has one other US store in Miami. Northpark does great in getting those "Ok we've opened in New York and LA, where next" stores, but more and more they could pick up some stores that have minimal presence anywhere. I'd still love a COS and Goyard as well as digital natives like All Birds.

Though the Galleria isn't talked about much- they could compete by embracing DFW's/America's growing diversity and courting stores from all over the world. There are endless amounts of French apparel brands, Korean skin area brands, Austrlalian clothing companies, etc that exist all over the world but have no presence in America. Galleria trying to compete with big luxury brands is pointless because Northpark has handily cornered that market. But it would be so cool to go to Galleria and get Korean sheet face masks and stumble upon some Argentinian or Chilean retailer completely new to Texas or the US.

Tivo_Kenevil

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 22 Sep 2018 08:19

hjkll wrote:Though the Galleria isn't talked about much- they could compete by embracing DFW's/America's growing diversity and courting stores from all over the world.

The Galleria's around America were all developed by Hines Development group out of Houston and they are all managed by the same management group, I think they're called Simon's or something like that. There's very little distinction between each Galleria Mall; so I doubt they would try something like this in just one of their Malls. Certainly would be refreshing to see though. However, it's very improbable their management would take on such risk introducing these unknown brands into their Malls.

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 22 Sep 2018 08:33

Tivo_Kenevil wrote:
hjkll wrote:Though the Galleria isn't talked about much- they could compete by embracing DFW's/America's growing diversity and courting stores from all over the world.

The Galleria's around America were all developed by Hines Development group out of Houston and they are all managed by the same management group, I think they're called Simon's or something like that. There's very little distinction between each Galleria Mall; so I doubt they would try something like this in just one of their Malls. Certainly would be refreshing to see though. However, it's very improbable their management would take on such risk introducing these unknown brands into their Malls.

While Hines indeed developed both the Houston and Dallas Galleries, I'm pretty sure he didn't do any of the others around the country.
More to the point, the Houston and Dallas Gallerias are now owned and managed by different companies. They no longer have any connection with each other. (Houston is managed by Simon, Dallas is managed by Trademark.)

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 22 Sep 2018 15:08

hjkll wrote:"the standalone men's boutique is dubbed a pop-up, setting the stage for a major future expansion of Louis Vuitton at Northpark Center. On the docket: a new Louis Vuitton Global Store that, much like other LV global emporiums in Tokyo and Paris, will span all LV categories in a very expansive and elevated way."

The Neimans to Nordstrom wing is basically perfection- but I wish they spent some time updating the other side of the mall. I wish they would kick out stores like Express who aren't interesting or relevant at any price point. I've also always wondered about Charlotte Russe on Level 2. That must be the most random store in Northpark, and they must have an iron clad lease. I'm shocked that store is still there.

Northpark is and will undoubtedly be the main retail destination of DFW if not Texas as a whole. Not only are they focusing on getting all the megabrands- I'm glad they're also including people like Fabiana Filippi who only has one other US store in Miami. Northpark does great in getting those "Ok we've opened in New York and LA, where next" stores, but more and more they could pick up some stores that have minimal presence anywhere. I'd still love a COS and Goyard as well as digital natives like All Birds.

I am excited to see a sort of flagship LV come together. It would be an easy move for Bvlgari & Montblanc into other spaces in the Neiman's corridor (possibly the empty space by Hublot, or the current LV Mens) to give LV the space to expand facing the center gardens.

Agreed stores that I think are at the end of days must include Express, Charlotte Russe, Bath & Body Works to name a few...

I think that if Goyard was to open it would be more inclined to open at Highland Park Village, but a store at Northpark would be just as successful. I am hopeful that COS will be opening soon in Dallas (possibly at the previous Pirch space?) now that they have Austin and Houston locations. I would like to see some more Texas exclusives open such as Acne Studios, A.P.C., Marni, Maison Kitsuné, for middle to lower high end. Or more high end luxury brands like Givenchy, Isabel Marant, Loewe, Dsquared2, Creed.

I think that Northpark has done well to include younger online retailers turned physical stores (Shinola, Warby Parker), or generally in Dallas they do well (Bonobos, Outdoor Voices, Suitsupply, Indochino, Marine Layer, Reformation, The Black Tux, etc). However, I think some online retailer pop-ups would be great while Northpark awaits permanent tenants to keep store fronts full, like Allbirds, Me Undies, Thred Up...

I would like to see the food court undergo an overhaul, it would be great to have more of a food hall type vibe to include more local or niche dining choices to accompany the center's new direction. Possibly some popular imports from Oak Cliff (C Señor, Oddfellows, Eno's, Cake Bar, etc) or even stretching out to some from Austin (Houndstooth Coffee, Hopdoddy, Tacodeli), etc.

A while ago rumors of the rest of the second level expansion mentioned being an outdoor addition, as nice as this sounds and I can't imagine it. I am sure the outdoor gardens would be immaculate with sculptures to complement but, the weather is just too intense in Dallas in my opinion. Between the heat of the summer and cold of the winter I think people from refrain from liking an outdoor setting, unless somehow covered to control the elements.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 22 Sep 2018 21:09

The food court needs a place to buy a darn slice of pizza. lol

Butters

Postby Butters » 23 Sep 2018 17:48

What’s funny is the different views on this topic. Some complain because NorthPark has weeded out the lower end stores and has made to many retailer changes while others want Express, Bath & Body, etc gone tomorrow. Just based on the upgrades they continue to make, I’m sure all these stores will be gone when their leases expire. I doubt they will add COS to the Pirch space as I’m hearing something big will be announced by Christmas. From everything I read COS like H&M their sister company is performing terrible.

As for the food court, I highly doubt they make big changes when the Chick Fil-A’s, Chipotles etc are always packed and I guarantee you pay triple the rent and have way better financials than a local.

So if Louis Vuitton is building a Flagship, and Ferragamo, Versace and Saint Laurent are expanding also, business must be great and I’m sure they have other great retailers coming soon in the few vacant spaces they have.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 23 Sep 2018 21:34

Still waiting on Prada to make a return to the Dallas market...

hjkll

Postby hjkll » 23 Sep 2018 23:54

I think the PIRCH space is way too big for COS. I'm still sad PIRCH closed- they were a real cool unique addition to Northpark. I hope what Butters says is true and there is indeed a big announcement by Christmas. I hope the news keeps rolling in on stores coming to NP.

I still unfortunately think we're not developed enough to get some luxury retailers. Givenchy was going to go to HPV about a year ago but I guess they backed out as nothing ever came of it. APC and Acne would be great but I doubt it. Companies like Marni or Loewe have tiny, ultra specific offerings and wouldn't make it here.

The food court isn't spectacular but it has stuff people want. If anything the restaurant offering can be pumped up. The Corner Bakery looks so dumpy, the PF Changs could get an upgrade into a luxury Chinese restaurant like Fine China in the Statler and has anyone ever been to the Theodore? The food was horrible.

Also in response to people wanting different things at Northpark- I think the thing that has always been great about Northpark is they're able to curate the good and weed out the less good- it's not so much about price point but who is relevant. Diesel wasn't cheap but they got rid of them because they were falling into irrelevancy. I'd personally like to see Tod's go. I don't care that it's high end, it's a tired label in the luxury market and could be replaced by something more interesting in a second. Or even Montblanc could go...

Lastly when was Prada in Dallas? Were they at Northpark? I could see them coming back. It's bizarre there isn't a Prada anywhere in DFW. And I don't think they have a huge presence in the department stores or forty five ten that's stopping them from hurting those businesses.

Butters

Postby Butters » 24 Sep 2018 13:10

Prada, Bottega Veneta and Calvin Klein we’re all at HPV in the 90’s and closed. They do well at Neiman NP, And my guess is they will open at NP if they open in Dallas. They need the footsteps NP brings

R1070

Postby R1070 » 29 Sep 2018 19:43

Brookstone is gone and they drywall is up in the front to start build-out for another store. I assume a current retailer will be moving in there. Anyone have the scoop?

Also, the Clarins pop-up has closed and it looks like another pop-up or temp store may be going in there because they just have the store windows covered instead of the build-out drywall.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 05 Oct 2018 17:01

Bottletop pop-up is open and their product is pretty unique. Still not sure what's going into the old Brookstone and Clarins pop-up spots.