Legacy East

Tnexster

Legacy East

Postby Tnexster » 25 Jun 2018 21:56

Soon-To-Be Vacated Plano Campus Could Create New 'Legacy East' for Investors

http://product.costar.com/home/news/shared/192443

"The current HP Enterprise site is absolutely a home run location in Legacy East," said Randy Garrett, a principal in Transwestern's Dallas office specializing in this corridor of North Texas. "It's a prime redevelopment site, in my opinion, and should be attracting a lot of development interest from around the United States and around the world.

DAFW

Re: Legacy East

Postby DAFW » 26 Jun 2018 01:42

Whew imagine that... another legacy project that if it does happen, will almost immediately be successful because of the name it would carry alone.

In all we'd have the OG Shops of legacy, Legacy West, and Legacy East (?) Its a city within a city..

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 26 Jun 2018 01:53

It could be a city within a city, but these developments would have to work better together to create a more cohesive and walkable environment.

DAFW

Postby DAFW » 26 Jun 2018 02:31

It could be a city within a city, but these developments would have to work better together to create a more cohesive and walkable environment.

I absolutely agree, shuttles or more definitive walking paths and pedestrian connections between all three developments would be paramount to ensure greater success of these legacy developments.

I can say from experience that when I visit Legacy West, I consider the shops of legacy MILES away (even though it is just a hop and a skip across the tollway) and completely inaccessible because of the lack of a dedicated pedestrian bridge connecting the two developments.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 26 Jun 2018 21:02

Isn't there already an area of farmland South of the DART transit station that's branded "Legacy South"?

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 26 Jun 2018 22:24

Isn't that pedestrian bridge finished yet? They were working on that a year ago.

DAFW

Postby DAFW » 27 Jun 2018 02:19

Isn't that pedestrian bridge finished yet? They were working on that a year ago.

If there is a pedestrian bridge (you literally have no idea it is there if you park in the garages and walk onto the main legacy west strip)... you would have to walk completely around the del frisco's at the beginning of legacy west... cross dallas parkway... walk over the pedestrian bridge... cross dallas parkway again.. and then meander the sidewalks until you arrive at the shops.

When I said dedicated pedestrian bridge, I meant a full-length bridge (possibly located from the third level of the garages on the legacy west side that could have a very visible, and noticable entrance via escalators/elevators/ and stairs) that COMPLETELY crosses over the highway and everything in between, and then takes you directly into the parking structure on the shops of legacy side, and has a similar very noticeable exit into the main strip of the shops of legacy. If you take a gander on google earth, you would see that the two parking structures are actually aligned perfectly for something like this to happen.

The only problem is.. (I'm no engineer) but it might be very costly.. so I guess it depends on how well the existing "pedestrian bridge" functions for someone wanting quick and simple access between the developments...

DAFW

Postby DAFW » 27 Jun 2018 02:21

R1070 wrote:Isn't there already an area of farmland South of the DART transit station that's branded "Legacy South"?

havent seen much about that but isnt it only office space? not sure it fits in with the retail experiences that are the Shops of Legacy and Legacy west.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 27 Jun 2018 05:41

A while back we were looking for the part of town that'll be 'the next Uptown;' wouldn't it be great if it was Downtown Plano? All of a sudden mid & high rise residential building start popping up between the Red/Blue Line Station and the Cotton Belt 12st Street Stations planting a Transit Oriented downtown with thousands of people living there.

Warrior2015

Postby Warrior2015 » 27 Jun 2018 10:01

tamtagon wrote:A while back we were looking for the part of town that'll be 'the next Uptown;' wouldn't it be great if it was Downtown Plano? All of a sudden mid & high rise residential building start popping up between the Red/Blue Line Station and the Cotton Belt 12st Street Stations planting a Transit Oriented downtown with thousands of people living there.

DT Plano has the potential to grow even larger. I think the city is trying to make that happen by like 2035 or something like that. I would love to see the DT area expand into something even more great. Its actually a cool place to take the train to to just hang out grab a drank eat etc.

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 27 Jun 2018 10:19

DAFW wrote:If there is a pedestrian bridge (you literally have no idea it is there if you park in the garages and walk onto the main legacy west strip)... you would have to walk completely around the del frisco's at the beginning of legacy west... cross dallas parkway... walk over the pedestrian bridge... cross dallas parkway again.. and then meander the sidewalks until you arrive at the shops.

When I said dedicated pedestrian bridge, I meant a full-length bridge (possibly located from the third level of the garages on the legacy west side that could have a very visible, and noticable entrance via escalators/elevators/ and stairs) that COMPLETELY crosses over the highway and everything in between, and then takes you directly into the parking structure on the shops of legacy side, and has a similar very noticeable exit into the main strip of the shops of legacy. If you take a gander on google earth, you would see that the two parking structures are actually aligned perfectly for something like this to happen.

The only problem is.. (I'm no engineer) but it might be very costly.. so I guess it depends on how well the existing "pedestrian bridge" functions for someone wanting quick and simple access between the developments...

You're definitely right about the type of bridge that is needed. This current bridge will be completely useless and was a waste of time/money, not because the bridge itself is bad, but because none of the developments here have made any effort to connecting to the surrounding neighborhood.

Honestly, because they've made no effort, I'd be completely against a better bridge. I agree it help connect the two neighborhoods, which is what this area needs, but they put themselves in this position, and it seems like a huge waste of money to fix a problem which the developers created.

NdoorTX

Postby NdoorTX » 01 Dec 2023 23:46

Conceptual renderings of the EDS campus I found online:

The_Overdog

Postby The_Overdog » 11 Dec 2023 09:12

You're definitely right about the type of bridge that is needed. This current bridge will be completely useless and was a waste of time/money, not because the bridge itself is bad, but because none of the developments here have made any effort to connecting to the surrounding neighborhood.

I have no problems with the current bridge. I see more pedestrian traffic on it than on the US75 bridges most days and nights, and more age and economic diversity of the crossers too. I'm sure the Mockingbird Bridge carries more people yearly than Legacy, but that's due to SMU gameday traffic. I would have thought it sucks too, and nobody would use it, but lots of people do. And it's (partially) covered, so they put some thought into it.