Northpark Center

cowboyeagle05

Re: Northpark Center

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 10 Jan 2018 08:24

All I know is every time I go to Northpark now I am so lost lol. I don't go as often as I used to because of my own budget concerns but if you wait long enough you start to get that "wasn't that over there before?" feeling like you are crazy and your memory may be failing you.

In other NorthPark news not covered here. Did yall notice they have upgraded the ceiling in the pass-through from the Neimans section to the new two-story section. The part where William Sonoma is now located. They rebuilt the ceiling higher with a similar design as the one in the newer two story section. Looks like they are starting to make slow upgrades to the original parts of the mall.
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 01 Feb 2018 12:32

cowboyeagle05 wrote:In other NorthPark news not covered here. Did yall notice they have upgraded the ceiling in the pass-through from the Neimans section to the new two-story section. The part where William Sonoma is now located. They rebuilt the ceiling higher with a similar design as the one in the newer two story section. Looks like they are starting to make slow upgrades to the original parts of the mall.

I did I think it was a great change, that corner was always so dark.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 01 Feb 2018 12:35

Finally remembered to stop and get the most updated map. This is where I based the changes from before....
Most notable changes are Talbots store is divided, Versace is moving, Cuyana space is divided, and Clarks is moving again.
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jrd1964

Postby jrd1964 » 01 Feb 2018 13:06

Wow, thanks for posting that. It's been a while since I've seen a current printed mall map of NorthPark.

Cbdallas

Postby Cbdallas » 01 Feb 2018 14:36

So I guess that the chatter on a hotel and living onsite at Northpark is dead as nothing has been heard on that matter for over 2 years.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 01 Feb 2018 19:36

I would hate to be the guy that has to update that map so much. Ordering the right amount of printed maps when you know next month so many things are changing.

Butters

Postby Butters » 02 Feb 2018 21:25

Cowboyeagle - you should shop Dallas Galleria as they rarely have any new stores or existing stores that move to new locations. That is one of the reasons why NorthPark is one of the best shopping centers in the US, is they are always bringing in cool unique stores that usually are exclusive to NorthPark in DFW.

CbDallas - I've heard differently. Luxury hotels take time to come to fruition. It's not like they will add a Motel 6.
Last edited by Butters on 02 Feb 2018 21:30, edited 1 time in total.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 02 Feb 2018 21:27

The new Gregory's is open and looks like a completely different retailer. Valentino has closed and 7 For All Mankind has closed, I'm not sure if temporarily or not.

Dallasretail

Postby Dallasretail » 03 Feb 2018 20:05

7 For All Mankind says it is temporarily closed and will reopen. Hopefully we will see some new announcements soon with the larger than normal amount of empty storefronts in the mall. Still hoping for COS, Moncler and Uniqlo

NdoorTX

Postby NdoorTX » 03 Feb 2018 20:59

Definitely yes on COS & Uniqlo. I don't know how many down & warm weather accoutrements would fly out of Moncler in this warm clime.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 03 Feb 2018 22:01

Moncler is very nice, but yes... I have to agree. It would suffer the same fate Manrico Cashmere did in the past. Beautiful stuff, wrong climate. COS and Uniqlo would be great and I'm surprised Topshop still hasn't opened a store here.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 03 Feb 2018 23:57

R1070 wrote:Moncler is very nice, but yes... I have to agree. It would suffer the same fate Manrico Cashmere did in the past. Beautiful stuff, wrong climate. COS and Uniqlo would be great and I'm surprised Topshop still hasn't opened a store here.

I would be interested in the sales of the Moncler store in Houston River Oaks and then made a case for/against a Dallas store.

So also being the crazy person I am about retail, I emailed a Northpark leasing representative late last year and recommended the following stores to open....
-Reiss
-Goyard
-Cotélac
-Sandro
-COS
-Scotch & Soda
-Blue Bottle Coffee
-A.P.C
-Patagonia
-Acne Studios
-Marc Jacobs

The COS conversation reminded me of this email. However this was the response from the Northpark Team:
"Happy Sunday to you. I appreciate you taking the time for sharing your thoughts. First off you have good taste. I have met with everyone on your list. A few of the brands on your list would love to open with us in the next 2 years but now the tricky part comes finding a space in their size range that is coming available in the appropriate location. The others will be more difficult as they open so few stores globally. We're on it and trying."

Butters

Postby Butters » 04 Feb 2018 11:22

What's the fascination with Uniglo, Top Shop and COS. Uniglo has stated in multiple interviews they are struggling in the US. Top Shop has stated the same too with LA and NY solid markets but the other locations are struggling. COS never has anyone in its location in Houston when I've been at that project for lunch. Why they need such big spaces is puzzling.

Of the brands on your list, I can see Sandro, Scotch & Soda, Goyard, Patagonia, APC, doing well, especially at NorthPark.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 04 Feb 2018 11:51

How many of those brands identify better with a street setting than a mall? For years/decades to come, Downtown/Uptown will increasing be viable for greater brand variation and niche retail.

Korshak seems constricted by The Crescent; I could easily see that store expanding, unless the retail component of the courtyard is retooled, I'm not really sure what Korshak could/would do. Wouldn't it be interesting to see Neimans, Forty Five Ten and Korshak on the same block?

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 04 Feb 2018 12:08

tamtagon wrote:How many of those brands identify better with a street setting than a mall? For years/decades to come, Downtown/Uptown will increasing be viable for greater brand variation and niche retail.

Korshak seems constricted by The Crescent; I could easily see that store expanding, unless the retail component of the courtyard is retooled, I'm not really sure what Korshak could/would do. Wouldn't it be interesting to see Neimans, Forty Five Ten and Korshak on the same block?

I think Patagonia, APC, Cotelac, and Acne Studios would prefer to have street settings either fitting into Knox or Downtown. Goyard and Marc Jacobs might want to join neighbors at HP Village. While Reiss, Sandro, COS, Scotch and Soda could thrive in street or mall settings.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 04 Feb 2018 12:11

Butters wrote:What's the fascination with Uniglo, Top Shop and COS. Uniglo has stated in multiple interviews they are struggling in the US. Top Shop has stated the same too with LA and NY solid markets but the other locations are struggling. COS never has anyone in its location in Houston when I've been at that project for lunch. Why they need such big spaces is puzzling.

Of the brands on your list, I can see Sandro, Scotch & Soda, Goyard, Patagonia, APC, doing well, especially at NorthPark.

I agreed I am really only a fan of COS occasionally otherwise Nordstrom carries Topman/Topshop if people want to buy it. Uniqlo is also overrated I have been in it multiple times, and always walk out empty handed.

I keep hearing that stores in River Oaks District seem to always be empty so I wouldn't base your COS experience off that. The ones I have been to before have always been packed, especially in sale season.

I hope some of the stores I suggested to open will eventually come to market as most of them were Texas exclusives.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 05 Feb 2018 13:18

Butters wrote:Cowboyeagle - you should shop Dallas Galleria as they rarely have any new stores or existing stores that move to new locations. That is one of the reasons why NorthPark is one of the best shopping centers in the US, is they are always bringing in cool unique stores that usually are exclusive to NorthPark in DFW.

I hate the Galleria; its design, it's store mix it represents all the things I hope to die in mall design. I love NorthPark just wish I had more income to spend on some of the more unique stores they have brought in. I am that person that if someone says Galleria I say let me out of the car.

NdoorTX

Postby NdoorTX » 05 Feb 2018 18:49

cowboyeagle05 wrote:
Butters wrote:Cowboyeagle - you should shop Dallas Galleria as they rarely have any new stores or existing stores that move to new locations. That is one of the reasons why NorthPark is one of the best shopping centers in the US, is they are always bringing in cool unique stores that usually are exclusive to NorthPark in DFW.

I hate the Galleria; its design, it's store mix it represents all the things I hope to die in mall design. I love NorthPark just wish I had more income to spend on some of the more unique stores they have brought in. I am that person that if someone says Galleria I say let me out of the car.

well that's extreme. I hope you wait for the car to slow before jumping out.

Butters

Postby Butters » 05 Feb 2018 21:56

Cowboyeagle - avoid the temptation of Neiman and the luxury stores and you will be fine, but there is plenty of cool stores to choose from that won't put you that far in the red. John Varvatos, AG, Lululemon and Nordstrom still get the majority of my wallet. My wife on the other hand loves the stores I said to avoid...

Here's a cool rumor that my wife heard from one of her friends. Saint Laurent is leaving HPV and joining NP next year. Good decision as they will do much better.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 05 Feb 2018 23:50

Butters wrote:Here's a cool rumor that my wife heard from one of her friends. Saint Laurent is leaving HPV and joining NP next year. Good decision as they will do much better.

That would be interesting.... We might start to see a retail battle as stores begin flipping between the two shopping centers.

I can't find it, but I remember somewhere there was a quote about Northpark's 50th from some high member of Kering (who own Gucci, Yves Saint Laurent, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen, Bottega Veneta, Boucheron and Brioni.....) but they were saying how nice the center is and such an regional icon. Maybe they are thinking to move after visting Northpark.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 06 Feb 2018 20:47

I think DVF would have done better at NP as well. With these spaces opening up, I'm wondering if Prada and Miu Miu will scout some space.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 06 Feb 2018 22:50

R1070 wrote:I think DVF would have done better at NP as well. With these spaces opening up, I'm wondering if Prada and Miu Miu will scout some space.

With the previous Valentino, Williams Sonoma, Gregory's, and soon to be moving Versace & Salvatore Ferragamo spaces a lot is opening up for Prada/Miu Miu to move in.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 11 Feb 2018 19:25

Johnston & Murphy is moving into the old 7 For All Mankind location and appears to be expanding their selection to a men's and women's store.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 22 Feb 2018 19:51

LIK Fine Art- Opening May 2018

"Peter Lik has spent over 35 years pushing the boundaries of fine art. A self-taught pioneer in the field of landscape photography, he has become synonymous with pristine images of cascading waterfalls, ethereal mountain peaks and peaceful desert canyons."

https://lik.com/pages/lik-fine-art-dallas

"LIK Fine Art is a natural fit for those who pursue luxury and have a fondness for exquisite beauty. Located at Dallas’ famed NorthPark Center, LIK Fine Art showcases some of Peter Lik’s most notable and award-winning photographic masterpieces. Peter Lik has spent over 30 years pushing the boundaries of fine art. A self-taught pioneer in the field of landscape photography, he has become synonymous with pristine images of cascading waterfalls, ethereal mountain peaks and tranquil shorelines. Discover the beauty of Mother Nature today, at LIK Fine Art Dallas. This is the first LIK Fine Art in Dallas/Fort Worth."

R1070

Postby R1070 » 22 Feb 2018 21:35

I wonder if this is a full lease or a pop-up.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 22 Feb 2018 22:58

R1070 wrote:I wonder if this is a full lease or a pop-up.

Houston's Galleria has a permanent store so maybe it did well and they are expanding to Dallas. However I would have expected a permanent store to open in the Design District or Knox-Henderson area over Northpark.

Butters

Postby Butters » 23 Feb 2018 17:33

Jasimm - Have you looked at Lik's store locations. They are all high profile busy locations that attract tourists. It's obvious why they choose the busiest luxury shopping center in the metroplex. They want lots of foot traffic and tourists. You don't get that at any of those other locations. Since it doesn't have a barricade up I would venture to guess it is just a temp lease.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 23 Feb 2018 20:54

Which spot will this be going into?

Butters

Postby Butters » 24 Feb 2018 09:47

Lik Fine Art is going into former Gregorys space.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 24 Feb 2018 11:16

...just wondering out loud whether finishing these three initiatives will be stand alone or bundled projects: finishing the second floor, the 5-star resort hotel, office space.

The hotel's spa and pampering center could actually have a retail presence on the second floor next to Neimans... or Dillards depending what brand comes to the mall. and actually as while typing I thought why one category of hotel, one that's near the top of the market next to Neimans of course, and one that's in that between the middle and the top of the market between Dillards and Macy's. hum

Butters

Postby Butters » 25 Feb 2018 14:02

NorthPark has publicly commented multiple times they would like to add hotels, more restaurants, some office and possibly residential. Like everything NorthPark does, they have a longterm view and they make sure the flow and layout works well with the shopping center all while doing it at a High level of quality. Incorporating these additions into the center with easy access and parking doesn't just happen quickly. Now throw in all the retail disruptions that are going on over the last 18 months and I'm sure they are doing their best to analyze all scenarios if things change even more.

I bet they announce something this year. That's my guess.

Tivo_Kenevil

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 25 Feb 2018 14:11

I wish they would Move to Downtown. I know it's a pipe dream.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 25 Feb 2018 15:03

Butters wrote:I bet they announce something this year. That's my guess.

I wonder if there's some sort of equity building timeline... it's been five and a half years since Nasher-Haemisegger bought out the 2006 expansion partner, and about three years since they sold 60% stake to a "fund" so ya, sure seems like it's about time for something big.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 13 Mar 2018 16:02

Clarins is opening Summer 2018

"Founded in Paris in 1954, Clarins was born in a Spa and is the #1 prestige skincare brand in Europe. Clarins has always believed in the power of plants and science. Every plant is precious and Clarins researchers strive to develop the highest-performing botanical complexes. Clarins is also known for its spa expertise and “Clarins Touch” method, a 100% manual technique that stimulates blood circulations and the lymphatic system. Clarins believes that beauty comes from the heart and is proud supporter of philanthropic causes helping women and children. One of them is a partnership with FEED that has helped provide over 20 million meals to children around the world over the past 6 years. "

R1070

Postby R1070 » 13 Mar 2018 21:23

I assume the Clarins store will go in next to Hublot.

Butters

Postby Butters » 13 Mar 2018 23:43

Clarins is going in the former Teavana space. They aren’t luxury to be placed between Hublot and Fabiana Filippi. It’s only a temp store too like the other Clarin boutiques they have opened in other top location around the country...

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 14 Mar 2018 12:51

Top Jeweler Moves Into Posher, Bigger NorthPark Digs: Step Inside David Yurman’s New Domain
"When we last caught up with David Yurman in Dallas, he was hosting a swanky shopping event with Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott at his NorthPark Center boutique. Later this month, the jewelry designer and sculptor moves from his current space — where he’s held court since 2006 — into much larger, more posh digs just down the hall.

Steps away from Neiman Marcus on the first floor, the new shop expands to 3,450 square feet, almost two times the size of its predecessor.A few of its design elements that complement David’s collections: rich jewel-tone fabrics, custom pendant lights, and a white-gold-leaf decorative panel with a hand-applied bluebonnet pattern.

The new boutique also includes a designated space for men’s jewelry, fashioned in darker materials, and a private salon showcasing David Yurman Wedding and High Jewelry collections. Perhaps the most meaningful element in the store is a heritage wall in the entrance lobby, which tells the story of David and his artist wife Sybil’s transition from art to jewelry. In the nearly 40 years since the couple jointly launched the David Yurman brand (solidifying the signature cable motif as one of the most recognizable jewelry designs), it’s become synonymous with classic American luxury.

To commemorate his exciting venture, David Yurman created a delicate Lone Star amulet — available in silver and gold — exclusive to NorthPark Center. After a VIP cocktail party and preview of the new space on Thursday, March 29, he arrives in Dallas for the grand opening on Thursday, April 12."
https://www.papercitymag.com/fashion/da ... neak-peek/

"The iconic jewelry store is getting a bigger boutique at NorthPark Center, and it is set to open at the end of the month on level one. Measuring in at 3,450 square feet, it will be filled with Sybil Yurman's paintings, custom-made furnishings, and rich fabric upholstery. This new store, second in size only to the Madison Avenue Townhouse boutique, will feature a special men's jewelry area and a private salon to discover David Yurman Wedding and High Jewelry collections. It also will carry a new new amulet. Lone Star, exclusive to the NorthPark boutique."
http://dallas.culturemap.com/news/fashi ... x/#slide=0

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 16 Mar 2018 15:24

I am hearing rumors that Outdoor Voices is opening a permanent store at Northpark Center, moving from it's temporary home on Travis in Knox-Henderson District.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 16 Mar 2018 15:45

Jasimm wrote:I am hearing rumors that Outdoor Voices is opening a permanent store at Northpark Center, moving from it's temporary home on Travis in Knox-Henderson District.

CONFIRMED. (via Northpark's Instagram-signage is already up)

Outdoor Voices will be opening at Northpark Center Summer 2018 in previous Lululemon Space
Last edited by Jasimm on 16 Mar 2018 16:30, edited 1 time in total.

LongonBigD

Postby LongonBigD » 16 Mar 2018 15:48

Jasimm wrote:I am hearing rumors that Outdoor Voices is opening a permanent store at Northpark Center, moving from it's temporary home on Travis in Knox-Henderson District.

So is that an indication that OD is tired of waiting on a new space in Knox District (due to sale from Sarofim to M Dell) or a sign that M Dell is ready to plow that block down and get moving on new mixed use there FINALLY?

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 16 Mar 2018 15:52

LongonBigD wrote:

So is that an indication that OD is tired of waiting on a new space in Knox District (due to sale from Sarofim to M Dell) or a sign that M Dell is ready to plow that block down and get moving on new mixed use there FINALLY?

From all the plans I have seen that entire side of Travis is supposed to be built up and across at the new Weir furniture development will be years of construction. Excited to see what OV does with the Northpark space, the store in San Francisco was well planned and designed.

Butters

Postby Butters » 16 Mar 2018 16:56

I am 99.9% sure they choose NorthPark over waiting for a permanent space on Knox because Outdoor Voices will do at least twice the sales and be exposed to way more people from DFW. It's a no brainer...

It's no difference than Apple and Lululemon who do way more at NP over Knox.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 01 Apr 2018 20:24

Ilori has closed and the build out for Aesop has started. The new David Yurman is very nice and the old space has bee consolidated with a portion of the previous Design Within Reach for the new Ferragamo. This has created a new smaller space that will eventually house the new Versace location. Sperry appears to be on it's way out and Morphe will go into that space. I'm surprised that Sperry would go as that is a pretty new store for them. NorthPark has surprised us in the past. I'm also surprised that Cotton On is still there or haven't at least remodeled their store as wood paneling has fallen off the exterior of the store. I'll be curious to see if Splendid closes or moves to make room for 7 for all Mankind.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 01 Apr 2018 22:50

R1070 wrote:Ilori has closed and the build out for Aesop has started. The new David Yurman is very nice and the old space has bee consolidated with a portion of the previous Design Within Reach for the new Ferragamo. This has created a new smaller space that will eventually house the new Versace location. Sperry appears to be on it's way out and Morphe will go into that space. I'm surprised that Sperry would go as that is a pretty new store for them. NorthPark has surprised us in the past. I'm also surprised that Cotton On is still there or haven't at least remodeled their store as wood paneling has fallen off the exterior of the store. I'll be curious to see if Splendid closes or moves to make room for 7 for all Mankind.

Aesop will be a welcome addition, and the new David Yurman looked outstanding.

I will be happy once all the movements in the luxury corridor are finished when Ferragamo & Versace move, and then replacements for the old Williams Sonoma, Valentino, MAC, etc.

Does Morphe has signage up? I saw that the Galleria Dallas has them as coming soon and would be surprised for Dallas to get two at once when they only have 4 or 5 locations nationally.

I would be glad to see Cotton On leave for something else, maybe a relocated Splendid ?

R1070

Postby R1070 » 02 Apr 2018 21:12

Cotton On is supposed to renovate it's space. I saw Morphe on the mall map in the place that currently houses Sperry. Splendid could be good next to Johnny Was on the 1st floor.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 02 Apr 2018 21:15

I feel like NorthPark is getting heavy on makeup stores. I remember when they got all of the high end watch stores around the same time. Now it's makeup. I would like to see more unique clothing stores that aren't ultra luxury.

Butters

Postby Butters » 09 Apr 2018 13:08

I'm hearing that Scotch & Soda is joining NorthPark this year. With Warby Parker, AG, Shinola, Rodd & Gunn, Zara, Sam Edelman and now Scotch & Soda this is a cool line up near Apple. All good additions.

Also hearing good additions in the luxury area are in the works.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 09 Apr 2018 14:01

Butters wrote:I'm hearing that Scotch & Soda is joining NorthPark this year. With Warby Parker, AG, Shinola, Rodd & Gunn, Zara, Sam Edelman and now Scotch & Soda this is a cool line up near Apple. All good additions.

Also hearing good additions in the luxury area are in the works.

That would be a welcome addition, they have nice pieces and good sales. I am still waiting for some edgier ones like APC, Acne Studios, Sandro, Reiss to make their debut but all in good time as some of those might prefer stand alone buildings elsewhere.

I wonder who will open in the luxury corridor there are a lot of empty spaces and more moves on the way from current tenants. I was thinking Prada might make a return to Dallas.I am hoping for something Texas exclusive like Goyard, Givenchy, Loewe, Marni...etc

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 09 Apr 2018 14:44

I suspect the Texas exclusives like Prada, Goyard, Givenche, Loewe, Marni or whatever other brands I don't know (hahaha) will compete for stalwart space at NorthPark when there's a 5 Star Resort Hotel anchor. More than likely, this elusive hotel will be a favorite brand of Latin Americans.

Brettoj

Postby Brettoj » 09 Apr 2018 14:58

tamtagon wrote:I suspect the Texas exclusives like Prada, Goyard, Givenche, Loewe, Marni or whatever other brands I don't know (hahaha) will compete for stalwart space at NorthPark when there's a 5 Star Resort Hotel anchor. More than likely, this elusive hotel will be a favorite brand of Latin Americans.

LaQuinta?