Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Kelley USA

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 08 Feb 2018 09:09

Gloria's is now Open at the Music Factory. Went last night, decent crowd. Once people realize it's open it'll be packed. Place looks great! It's much bigger inside than it looks from the outside. Patio in both the front and back that no doubt will be very popular in the Spring and Summer. The place was running like a well oiled machine!

muncien

Postby muncien » 08 Feb 2018 09:21

Kelley USA wrote:Gloria's is now Open at the Music Factory. Went last night, decent crowd. Once people realize it's open it'll be packed. Place looks great! It's much bigger inside than it looks from the outside. Patio in both the front and back that no doubt will be very popular in the Spring and Summer. The place was running like a well oiled machine!

Ha! I was next door at Yard House last night. Peaked into Glorias a couple of times. I agree about the patios... Once the weather warms up, these places will be going bonkers. I'm already surprised by the sizes of mid week crowds.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

FoghornLeghorn

Postby FoghornLeghorn » 11 Feb 2018 12:41

So the old Sweet Tomatoes beside 54th Street Restaurant has been reformatted into a Hooters? I also see they have finally started construction of the Texas Road House in front of Home Depot.

Alien

Postby Alien » 11 Feb 2018 12:59

Texas Roadhouse will be a great addition!

Waldozer

Postby Waldozer » 15 Feb 2018 17:12

April opening for Drafthouse Las Colinas. Jeez.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 16 Feb 2018 09:11

^^ What a buzzkill! First it was suppose to open in early December, then that was moved back to mid-February and now April. It's been slow going but they have made significant progress on it lately. You can look up into the lobby windows and see quite a bit has finally been done.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 16 Feb 2018 13:42

El Famoso at Water Street is open... Looks like a cool place! Might get lost in the shuffle a bit until a number of other restaurants open in the area. They're tucked down the side and nothing around them is even remotely close to opening.

https://dallas.eater.com/2018/2/14/1701 ... ing-irving

Also, the latest site plan has both Mudsmith and Pints & Quarts listed. Owned by the same person- both locations originally started on Lower Greenville. Looks like they'd be perfect for Water Street!

muncien

Postby muncien » 16 Feb 2018 13:49

I saw the article about El Famoso the other day, that said it was about to open. Then, I drove by very slowly and didn't see anything that looked close to opening other than the two small places already going. Ill have to walk and get a closer look... The concept sounds awesome (for a California transplant anyway). Cant wait to check it out!

Waldozer

Postby Waldozer » 16 Feb 2018 22:06

Went to El Famoso with my wife tonight. She’s a skeptic Californian but she really liked it. It was surprisingly packed. We will be going back soon.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 19 Feb 2018 09:34

Went to El Famoso for lunch on Sunday... Good but not great. I guess they give you chips to snack on but no salsa, so I ordered some queso. Ordered the Tacos Al Carbon which came out like fajitas. Supposed to come with rice, beans and cheese none of which came with the meal. I didn't bother asking for it since I wasn't all that hungry (and I already had a cup of queso). They're still working on a limited menu right now. I got there about 11:15- only 1 other table was taken. By the time I left though I guess about 7 or 8 tables were taken. I think once the kitchen really gets rolling this will be a great place. Patio is nice, place is cool. Going to be packed in the Summer for sure! If I'm being honest, I think Water Street is going to be much more inviting than the Music Factory with the park and the patios and the fountains. Almost a cool little neighborhood development!

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 19 Feb 2018 09:42

Any bars, lounges, clubs etc coming to Las Colinas?

Waldozer

Postby Waldozer » 19 Feb 2018 10:04

Kelley USA wrote:Went to El Famoso for lunch on Sunday... Good but not great. I guess they give you chips to snack on but no salsa, so I ordered some queso. Ordered the Tacos Al Carbon which came out like fajitas. Supposed to come with rice, beans and cheese none of which came with the meal.

The green and red salsas (which are fresh but not that tasty) are already on the table in the squeeze jars. I don’t remember getting beans, rice, and cheese with our tacos. I don’t think it’s supposed to come with it. That’s why the tacos are only like $3 each.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 19 Feb 2018 11:12

I sat at the bar so I didn't see any bottles of salsa. Would have been helpful to know. Yes, the tacos do not come with beans and rice (you can add on for $4 though). The enchiladas and Tacos Al Carbon do come with beans & rice (or at least the menu said they do). I still think it'll be a great place though!

As for bars opening, I mean we have Bar Louie that's in the area. There will also be a few bars, lounges opening as part of Big Beat Dallas in the Music Factory. The Londoner Pub is also opening at Water Street. Other than that, the bar areas at Thirsty Lion and YardHouse stay pretty packed.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 19 Feb 2018 12:53

What about museums, or art galleries. Performance venues? Hum, Shakespeare on The Lake might be fun, but is there an amphitheater or anything close to that on Lake Caroline?

The concert venue is a giant step toward a developing character, becoming a part of town, a destination different from others, if not unique. There's absolutely no 'scene' in Las Colinas, though. One of these days it'll come together, and it is very likely to be something the old guard may not appreciate.

What ever happened with the Cricket League searching for a place in North Texas?

WilCo

Postby WilCo » 19 Feb 2018 16:49

Your concern about character of the area is not unfounded, even with the new development. The new music venue and its surroundings are better than nothing, but definitely not the entire solution. The bars are all chains that can be found down the street in Addison. The difference is due to their progressive attitude toward alcohol law, Addison also has at least a few unique bars that are frequented by young people. The times I've been, Thirsty Lion has been dead on weekend nights, relatively speaking, and closes at 1 AM. Bar Louie is just not a good bar. Every location it has receives terrible reviews due to service. Yardhouse is way too expensive for what it offers, which is basically a restaurant with tall drinks glasses. The new venues are very small and the $10 cover is going to run people off unless it has something to offer that Cowboys Red River, Addison, or Grapevine (Willhoits and Tolberts) don't. At first glance I won't even compare them to anything in Dallas, just 15 minutes away.
I agree that water street has much more potential. Especially if lower greenville staples like Mudsmiths comes here. That and non-suburban bars is a good start. I can't complain about finally having food options in the area, but that was just a matter of time. Now they just have to do it right. High-end retail and not more nail salons is a must. Right now it's just every once in a while restaurants, a couple fast options, and after work happy hour bars. Better than nothing, but people who live in the area will want more.

muncien

Postby muncien » 20 Feb 2018 09:51

I've been hoping, and continue to hope, that the long vacant Mandalay canal spots get filled with some independent bar/lounge options. I know the 'Avacados' place has had several attempts, but they have always been lousy concepts. They were also up against older alcohol laws that have been greatly relaxed.
I tend to think that once Water Street and Music Factory bring in more traffic with their chain stuff, that will open the door to several successful underground bars/lounges/pubs along the older section of the canal... so long as they are done right. Hell, I myself have even considered trying it...

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 20 Feb 2018 10:05

It only makes sense for Las Colinas to continue the evolution from a suburban office masterplan to an actual Urban Centre.... the location within the region is a huge benefit for high density office and residential. Lake Caroline and the canals become more and more valuable as the open spaces along 183/114 continue to fill in. Right now, development at the Irving Convention Center Station is critical.

muncien

Postby muncien » 20 Feb 2018 10:19

Another simple fix that I think would greatly benefit the Urban Center would be for the Las Colinas Association to loosen corporate naming rights and lighting guidelines for buildings in the Urban Center proper. I know the Music Factory had to go through numerous hoops to get their exemptions, but now that the area is getting lit up, it only makes sense to carry that throughout the development. It doesn't have to be Dallas snazzy, but there are times during the night that look like a scene out of 'I am Legend'. Gotta bring some more life throughout the area...

WilCo

Postby WilCo » 20 Feb 2018 15:12

The only thing keeping Las Colinas from fully developing into a true urban center is that the city limits of Dallas are not a few hundred feet further west. It has all the elements: access to mass transit, commercial high rises, mix used development, high density urban apartments, etc. The only thing missing is a policy that will facilitate retail and entertainment growth. They took a step but now its time to take a leap. I hope the new development will spur further higher quality development like you said. As someone from southern Irving who now lives in Las Colinas, I don't think it makes sense for south irving politics to dictate Las Colinas's development.

Right now, I think we need some drivers of foot traffic. In the Dallas area, that means high-end retail and independent bars clustered together (see: Uptown). Wondering what ever happened to the plans for a retail district near the convention center or if those plans are still in the works...

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 21 Feb 2018 09:41

I'll sort of take a different approach to this... All of the things that you guys want in terms of retail, bars, clustering, building momentum etc... are all the same things the City wants. The problem isn't the City or the Las Colinas Assoc., the problem is that developers just aren't wanting to spend their money and develop in Las Colinas. Perhaps the City is doing a poor job of getting the word out or attracting developers?? I have seen numerous plan after plan after plan come before P&Z and the City for big retail / mixed use type developments that just never materialize. Here's a recap of what could have been.

- Northshore has never gotten off the ground. Back in 2010 they even partnered with Hunt and Trademark Property to develop a huge project. It was later scaled back and they eventually couldn't reach a deal with the City to pay for infrastructure.

- Water Street. Remember the early incarnations of Water Street? It was a massive mixed use project that at one point included a Hotel ZaZa and Capital Grille. It included the hotel, about 300,000 sq ft of retail and apartments. Snippet from article- The Boca Raton, FL-based Gables Residential Trust will start work in August on the first phase to its $400-million Water Street, the first residential construction in the Urban Center, a clearance that opened the door last year for other developers to follow suit with requests. Gables' first phase includes 300,000 sf of retail in an urban package of high-end shops and nearly 800 apartments

- 114 and 161- This land which is now under control of Blue Star Land and finally has some promise of development has gone through about 5 different developers. The previous owner was Alberta Development Company that was planning a mixed use development with 200,000 sq ft. They went so far as to sign and announce iPic Theatres as a lead tenant along with a rumored Central Market grocery store. That was scaled down to 50,000 sq ft of restaurant space before Alberts finally pulled out of the deal and sold the land.

- Las Colinas Blvd and 161- This project has transformed from a massive mixed use development with high quality retail, movie theatre, etc... Here's a snippet from an article I came across. . Joining in the development frenzy is Fort Worth-based Woodmont Co., which was to close yesterday on a 65-acre purchase from Houston-based Hines to develop the Terraces of Las Colinas. Weymouth says the project will put one million sf of retail, restaurant and entertainment space, two hotels, 200 residential units and 200,000 sf of office at the intersection of Texas 161 and Las Colinas Boulevard.

- O'Connor and Riverside- Remember the ICON project? $280-million plan for two office towers and one residential high rise on 25 acres, which will be developed by Dallas-based ICON Partners.

- The original plan for The Music Factory- Snippet from article- A 40-acre city-owned tract along Texas 114 and west of Las Colinas Boulevard will hold the $700-million Las Colinas Live. Development group Texas Spirit already has landed a Conde Nast acclaimed Watermark Hotel, with 142 suites averaging 600 sf and a 20,000-sf spa, for the project, which will be anchored by a performance hall, retail and conference center. Ground was set to break in August, but word is it might have been pushed just a couple months

TXGunLover

Postby TXGunLover » 21 Feb 2018 09:56

After living in Las Colinas for 20 years, I can say the following:

1) No area is better for living close to your work, which, regardless of what people say, they desire.
2) Lack of a good school district (Irving or Carollton-Farmers Branch don't compare to Frisco/Plano/Marcus) is a HUGE factor why the area can't reach critical mass for housing, business AND nightlife.
3) Irving is a very diverse city, and the types of restaurants and nightlife differ among that diverse population.

WilCo

Postby WilCo » 21 Feb 2018 10:16

I have to disagree the schools have anything to do with it. Yes, they have an impact if you are trying to market yourself as a Frisco/West Plano suburban development, and want that type of work/live/play but cookie-cutter environment with good schools.

I would argue they should not, and that's exactly my frustration. They need to decide whether they want to be a true urban center, in the form of development similar to nearby Dallas, or a suburban office park. Right now they seem to be meddling in the middle somewhere, which as a Rangers fan I can tell you is not a fun place to be.

Maybe the developers just aren't coming, but I think the city can do a better job of doing due diligence on those that do want to come, and zone/approve accordingly as to not waste the dwindling amount of space we do have. That's my main beef, is that one day the urban center will all be fully developed and we will have run out of space. I want the development taking up that space to be the right type. Even if that means being patient. Building rows upon rows of apartments but neglecting to attract the retail/amenities to go along with all those new residents is poor planning.

muncien

Postby muncien » 21 Feb 2018 10:27

The North Shore location is a critical juncture at this point. With Water Street, Music Factory, CC Hotel all coming online, that plot MUST be top of the line. The city should immediately zone it accordingly, and stand their ground. If I see a handful of townhouses plop down on that lot I'm going to throw up.
I am actually glad the current owner is marketing the land and I really hope a serious player steps in with something more appropriate than what they have drawn up. Water Street is nice and all, but it really should have been so much more. This last remaining, large chunk of land has all the surrounding support it needs, and how it plays out is a true test for the city, IMO.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 21 Feb 2018 10:34

The Irving School District can be a sore subject, because yes, it's not that great. However, much of Las Colinas where the growth is actually lies in the Coppell, Carrollton-Farmers Branch school district. Single family housing is actually booming in many parts of Irving regardless of the school district.

As someone that has lived in Las Colinas for the past 10 years I'll provide a different take on being urban / suburban. I think the thing I really love about it and have come to appreciate is that it's a nice mix of both. I don't really care to live in an Uptown / Downtown environment. I like walking around the Urban Center and enjoying the lake and the pretty manicured medians, and the cleanliness of the area. I don't think Las Colinas wants to be all that Urban personally. I think it wants to be Las Colinas which I'm totally fine with it. I would like to see some more height and a few more office buildings get off the ground, but Las Colinas is one of the prettiest places in the DFW area. They do an incredible job of keeping it clean and always improving on the beauty of it. I've become more impressed with the Water Street development and how it appears to be turning into a cool development with quaint little shops and restaurants, and I like that the Texican Court will provide a unique boutique hotel experience in the Urban Center. I personally prefer development like this and I think it's what will continue to make Las Colinas so unique. Just my 2 cents! : )

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 21 Feb 2018 10:45

Kelley USA wrote:... Las Colinas is one of the prettiest places in the DFW area. They do an incredible job of keeping it clean and always improving on the beauty of it.

I think Las Colinas has been that way for a long time.

Just like we're seeing with the CBD, Las Colinas urban centre retail, dining, entertainment venues variety will expand with the resident population. More people living within walking distance of the lake will continue to have dramatic impact on the tone of the place. I certainly wouldn't want to the attempt to be replicating Downtown Fort Worth or Downtown Dallas. But just as much, I want the scale to be similar.

WilCo

Postby WilCo » 21 Feb 2018 10:47

To clarify, I don't think it should or will ever be like Uptown. I just think the entertainment/shopping options should be at least be on par with Addison. Since we do not have a decent mall in the area, that means high-end retail in areas like Water Street or the North Tram project that never came to be, similar to Preston Center. Addison Circle is a suburban-urban development, but they still have a decent nightlife that attracts the young people who live in the area. That's all I'm talking about. That falls squarely on the city and its antiquated alcohol law policy for decades. Now we are trying to play catch-up and can't imagine why non-chain bars would shy away from the area.

muncien

Postby muncien » 21 Feb 2018 11:15

Another recent Urban Center topic that has come up recently... The city recently purchased the plot of land along Las Colinas blvd adjacent to the south side of Lake Carolyn. This is where the fireworks are typically held and it was announced as a planned park.
Does anyone know anything about this plan? I have always been torn about the fact that the Urban Center never had a true 'park', yet at the same time I figured the promenade itself acted as a park for the entire area. The southern side of the Urban Center has long been stagnant, and I am curious what the city has planned for this park and if they intend to lure developers on the adjacent properties, or if they are just content with a big slice of grass.

https://www.google.com/maps/@32.8617719,-96.9328853,363m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 21 Feb 2018 12:38

I can speak somewhat to the park plan... The City will spend about $5 million to acquire the land. I think it's all very early in the design and planning phase, but from the initial talk it'll be nothing more than a gathering place with benches etc... I personally would love to see something with a few amenities like Klyde Warren- maybe a cool restaurant overlooking the lake with a 2nd floor rooftop patio, a designated place for food trucks on the weekend, maybe a children's learning and playing area, a nice stretch of grass where people can throw a football or play some cricket etc... Maybe a place where free yoga is offered on weekends?!? I would encourage you to email the Council and Mayor and tell them your wishes for such a park. Let's do it right!

muncien

Postby muncien » 21 Feb 2018 13:19

Great thought! .....and, done! :)

WilCo

Postby WilCo » 22 Feb 2018 10:32

I noticed on my way to the Music Factory the other day that it appears they're also clearing the land directly next to the new Texican hotel. Any idea what they're doing there if anything?

muncien

Postby muncien » 22 Feb 2018 11:40

WilCo wrote:I noticed on my way to the Music Factory the other day that it appears they're also clearing the land directly next to the new Texican hotel. Any idea what they're doing there if anything?

If you are referring to the stretch behind the Texican, heading toward the train station... That is supposed to be a small office building, followed by Townhomes... and then a little cul-de-sac for the station access. If I remember correctly.
On the otherside of the little station road, will be two apartment communities. Four Level, I believe.

WilCo

Postby WilCo » 22 Feb 2018 12:44

Ok, I had read about the townhomes but didn't know they were already starting with construction. I think that is what it is, and the new apartments you mentioned. In other news, this is the first time in my adult life my rent hasn't increased at renewal time. I think this is a rare instance in DFW of supply outpacing demand. You have to think these developers know what they're doing but the amount of apartments being built seems to be getting ridiculous.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 01 Mar 2018 11:30

I noticed on the last City Council Work Session Agenda there were a few Executive Session items with code names Project Spring Break and Project Boost. Interesting! You don't see these things pop up too often on Agendas, but someone is kicking tires on something...

muncien

Postby muncien » 01 Mar 2018 11:35

Kelley USA wrote:I noticed on the last City Council Work Session Agenda there were a few Executive Session items with code names Project Spring Break and Project Boost. Interesting! You don't see these things pop up too often on Agendas, but someone is kicking tires on something...

Not saying its related at all, but I heard the next round of Amazon HQ2 proposals are due in the next week or so. While I know there is the regional proposal for HQ2 sites, I also understand that Las Colinas threw together their own. Probably not related, but I would suspect a more detailed proposal would likely need to clear city counsel before full submission. At least it would give your proposal stronger legs, anyway.

WilCo

Postby WilCo » 03 Mar 2018 12:18

The Londoner has a map listing on google at Water Street now. Don't know where it is in the development to see if it is really close to opening or if they are just way early getting it listed.

Conflicting opening dates for the Big Beat bars/restaurants & Burgerim. City of Irving website said Burgerim opening today, but I went today and it's not open. Music Factory website says Monday. Music Factory website says Big Beat opening is March 15th, but City of Irving says public opening is Easter weekend. I believe city of Irving on that one because the marketing guy said that weekend in a video too.

WilCo

Postby WilCo » 03 Mar 2018 12:21

Also if anyone is itching for a new bar/beer store make sure to check out Hops & Vines on Las Colinas boulevard. The owner just moved there from their MacArthur location next to Tom Thumb. It is a smaller place but has tons of local and beyond craft beers and a growler station/bar. They also get people to play music on the weekends. Really need more things like this in the Urban Center so show them your support.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 04 Mar 2018 17:54

The Londoner is going to be at the back of the development on the water. As of last week they hadn't even started construction. My guess would be late Summer before they even open. As for Burgerim, as far as I can tell they have yet to start construction too. Not sure what's going on behind the wooden wall but perhaps something is happening?! Big Beat is scheduled to have a soft opening the weekend of the 17th. Crews have been on site at all of their concepts working around the clock.

WilCo

Postby WilCo » 04 Mar 2018 19:27

That's what I thought re: Londoner, but thought the map listing was interesting. I'm excited about that one, may be the first bar with some late night action depending on how Big Beat pans out.

Yeah, when I walked by all I saw was wood paneling and a sign for the other restaurant next to it, but all announcements are it opens this week. May be a case of not updating the listing. TCBY & the Popsicle place were supposed to open already too and both look close but not open yet. Also, hurry up Alamo! That opening and Big Beat may finally bring some energy to Music Factory.

TXGunLover

Postby TXGunLover » 04 Mar 2018 20:17

Tried Yard House on Friday night around 6. Great food, awful service. Everyone was waiting around for BAR drinks 15 minutes or more at their tables. Food was great quality, great atmosphere, I only ended up having 2 beers with my meal and the same for my wife, because that's all that they could get out in 1 hour.

Waldozer

Postby Waldozer » 04 Mar 2018 22:29

I second the call for more patronage to Hops & Vines. There was definitely some energy there the last couple of times my wife and I swung by to pick up some beers. Nice jazz group performing, people ordering in pizza while drinking and hanging out. They’ve got some excellent local crafts I haven’t been able to find elsewhere, like Bitter Sister’s Cat Fight IPA.

WilCo

Postby WilCo » 05 Mar 2018 00:58

Getting a happy hour margarita on the patio at El Famoso and a drink off the taps at Hops & Vines gave me a glimpse of what could be the beginning of something really good for Urban Center. Hope more to come at Water Street and some filling in of places around the canals. Like my buddy pointed out, Music Factory is good for out-of-town concert-goers. Water Street and the rest needs to be tailored for the residents.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 05 Mar 2018 09:21

I too went to YardHouse on Friday... We waited about 30 minutes for a table. I will say that the place was packed. Even the hostess apologized saying they were overwhelmed at the moment. It was about 7:30. We actually had great service though. It was my 4th time to YardHouse. Food is great, prices are somewhat high, good atmosphere, tons of people eating and drinking at the bar. I just can't help but think though that YardHouse totally messed up on the layout of the restaurant. You have this boring blank canvas on the Las Colinas side of the building and even the side that faces the Pavilion. The entrance is at the back and they have a fairly small patio that faces the inside of the complex and gets direct sunlight. I would have put the entrance facing the Pavilion / Grimaldi's and had these inviting patios on all 3 sides. Just my opinion, but the way they designed it has an extremely boring exterior. I look at what Thirsty Lion did and it's just so much more inviting with the fire pits and TV's and nice patios.

On another note, looks like Gino's Italian has either backed out or ARK is making changes. They have yet to start any sort of construction and they no longer appear on the site plan.

WilCo

Postby WilCo » 05 Mar 2018 10:15

I think all of the Music Factors bars so far have screwed up the layout. They aren't huge bars as it is but they all have center wrap-around bars which makes it even tighter. That doesn't make you think "bar," but chain restaurant, like a Chilli's or Bennigans would have. They don't have anything to offer except to drink or eat. Many bars and breweries these days have bar games or other entertainment and the younger crowd has come to expect that. Like you mention, none of them have nice patios to make up for it either. Thirsty Lion's is the only one that faces the Lake/Urban Center. Even then, the patio is not big enough to make up for the other deficiencies. Make no sense to me.

TXGunLover

Postby TXGunLover » 05 Mar 2018 10:29

Walk On's and Pinstack in far west Irving are what folks are looking for.

WilCo

Postby WilCo » 05 Mar 2018 20:15

I have heard Pinstack has been great so far. Whiskey Cake in that area will be a great addition too. Can't speak to Walk On's because I don't have too much knowledge about it, but it doesn't really pique my interest from what I've seen.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 06 Mar 2018 09:20

A new Vib Hotel by Best Western was approved by P&Z last night for the Urban Center. If approved by Council it'll be on 114 somewhat near the Residence Inn. I'm kind of meh on it to be honest. Doesn't really bother me either way. More on Vib: https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/hotel ... s/Vib.html

muncien

Postby muncien » 06 Mar 2018 09:52

Kelley USA wrote:A new Vib Hotel by Best Western was approved by P&Z last night for the Urban Center. If approved by Council it'll be on 114 somewhat near the Residence Inn. I'm kind of meh on it to be honest. Doesn't really bother me either way. More on Vib: https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/hotel ... s/Vib.html

Can you elaborate on the location? I'm not aware of a Residence Inn within the urban center. I see the one at Walnut & Macarthur...
Is this referring to the old Sfuzzi location? I remember a hotel was supposed to go in there...

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 06 Mar 2018 10:38

Sorry, I think it's actually a Homewood Suites now. It's on Wingren. The new hotel would be at 455 E John Carpenter Fwy.

muncien

Postby muncien » 06 Mar 2018 10:44

Kelley USA wrote:Sorry, I think it's actually a Homewood Suites now. It's on Wingren. The new hotel would be at 455 E John Carpenter Fwy.

Very good to hear... thx

That Homewood Suites is so out of place. But, I'm glad to see another hotel option in the Urban Center. Hopefully, they extend the promonade along that side of the canal, and perhaps even build a bridge across to the other side. Otherwise, this place will be inaccessable despite being right next to everything.

I go exploring on that side of the canal occassionally and did notice some tire tracks about a month ago... I was curious if something was in store, but had little hope.

muncien

Postby muncien » 06 Mar 2018 14:15

Pic of Hidden Ridge developement (Pioneer Natural Resources Campus). You can also see the Convention Center Hotel rising on the left and the rest of the Urban Center and even Downtown Dallas in the background.
Not many angles to get a view of Hidden Ridge as they've got fences up all around it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.