Frisco: Hall Office Park

Tnexster

Frisco: Hall Office Park

Postby Tnexster » 11 Nov 2016 12:20

Developer Craig Hall eyes plan that could double his Frisco office park

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/real ... ffice-park

Developer Craig Hall is close to completing plans that could more than double the size of his office park in Frisco.

The hugely successful Hall Park at Dallas North Tollway and Gaylord Parkway already has more than 2 million square feet of office space.

"We are planning for another 3.5 million square feet — maybe more" of construction by building on parking lots and adding garages, Hall said. "We are finishing the master plan now."

tamtagon
Site Admin

Re: Frisco: Hall Office Park

Postby tamtagon » 11 Nov 2016 12:21

Amazing!

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 11 Nov 2016 12:22

If he fills up parking lots he's got a lot of room. Decent plan.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 10 Jan 2017 16:01

Frisco's Hall Park lands first restaurant in its soon-to-open eatery row

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/ ... j=77035281

Frisco's Hall Park has landed its first restaurant — Newk's Eatery — within a soon-to-be-completed development that will bring new dining options to the office park.

The Mississippi-based restaurant concept will set up shop in 4,500 square feet at Park Plaza, which is Hall Park's new retail destination. Newk's will anchor the eatery row and be the first of a number of concepts expected to open within the 15,000-square-foot retail property.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 30 Jan 2017 12:10

Developer Craig Hall gets $57M in debt to build tallest building in Frisco

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/ ... build.html

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 30 Jan 2017 12:17

12 stories would be the tallest in Frisco?

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 30 Jan 2017 12:22

^Tallest in Hall Office park, the new hotel at The Star is taller.

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 30 Jan 2017 12:44

Tnexster wrote:Developer Craig Hall gets $57M in debt to build tallest building in Frisco

That article and headline are a mess. DBJ should be embarrassed. According to the story, the loan will be used to build a 12-story building. Again, according to the story, the "tallest building in Frisco" will be a 17-story building, already under construction (and apparently not connected to the loan. The headline is false and does not even reflect what the story tells us.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 30 Jan 2017 12:45

oop! should have read that more closely

texasstar

Postby texasstar » 01 Feb 2017 20:05

Tucy wrote:
Tnexster wrote:Developer Craig Hall gets $57M in debt to build tallest building in Frisco

That article and headline are a mess. DBJ should be embarrassed. According to the story, the loan will be used to build a 12-story building. Again, according to the story, the "tallest building in Frisco" will be a 17-story building, already under construction (and apparently not connected to the loan. The headline is false and does not even reflect what the story tells us.

That kind of sloppy reporting is why I dropped my pricy subscription.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 22 Jun 2017 15:05

Frisco tops out construction on its tallest office tower

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... fice-tower

Thymant

Postby Thymant » 23 Jun 2017 17:21

From This Past Weekend:

By Me

DAFW

Postby DAFW » 23 May 2018 18:12

Updated vision for Frisco's Hall Park includes a long-sought-after performing arts hall

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/frisco/2018/05/22/updated-vision-friscos-hall-park-includes-long-sought-after-performing-arts-hall

Exciting! There was a LOT mentioned in the article, I took out the most interesting bits and included them in the quotes below.

What makes this proposal stand out is Hall's vision for an entertainment district that flows from his neighbor to the north, The Star in Frisco, and would include green space rivaling Dallas' Klyde Warren Park.

The Star already has a main thoroughfare lined with retail and restaurants leading into the complex's Ford Center...Hall's idea would extend that thoroughfare south of Warren Parkway as a park. Multi-story buildings on either side would have retail and restaurants on the ground floor. Office space or, if the city approves, residential units, would fill out the upper floors. At the end of the park would be the entrance to a new performing arts hall.

"Suburban office parks are yesterday's news," Hall said at a recent work session with the City Council and the Planning & Zoning Commission.

"We have to make some updates to our zoning or we're not going to be relevant," he said. "We're not going to be the future — we're going to be the past."

A $3 billion project

Hall and his team are proposing to update and expand the $450 million, 2.5 million-square-foot Hall Park into a $3.5 billion development with about 8 million square feet. The acreage would remain the same as would the amount of green space.

With all that's been built at Hall Park over the years — and what's still to come — a more accurate slogan would be the "Eight Billion Mile and a Quarter," Hall said.

...they will need the city's approval for taller buildings, especially along the tollway. Parking garages would be built on the lower levels of buildings rather than as separate structures. A few existing buildings would be torn down to make way for newer, bigger ones. They also need the OK to add residential units, which are not allowed under plans now on file with the city.

The residential piece would add more foot traffic. And the park would be a strong draw for residents.

Also, We have some very interesting renderings! They mentioned tearing down some of the older structures and I know the ones they are talking about, They look like white "L" shaped boxes that were built on a whim a while back and scattered all over the park, I'm glad they will be removing them and making way for MUCH nicer buildings.

These new buildings will reach up to 25 stories (according to the request for a zoning change) And in the article, it was stated that almost 5.5 Million Sq Ft of Office space was going to be added from new projects totaling over $3 Billion dollars. This would bring the total value of the development to around $3.5 Billion. And the total value of the developments around the coined "5 billion dollar mile", (Without including the now defunct Wade Park) to ~ NINE ~ $9 Billion. Amazing.

Also, This is part of the Hall park Masterplan that will take approximately 25 years to complete.

Last edited by DAFW on 24 May 2018 17:25, edited 1 time in total.

exelone31

Postby exelone31 » 24 May 2018 10:36

It would be a pretty dramatic transformation if this all comes to fruition. Add to that the "Music City" venue and Alamo Drafthouse going in nearby, and you've got a pretty complete district in terms of office, retail and entertainment. I wonder if at some point a small grocery (ie Trader Joe's) makes sense?

The_Overdog

Postby The_Overdog » 24 May 2018 10:49

I think it's kind of interesting that Frisco and Allen both are done with being typical suburbs - and there is surprisingly little pushback from local residents. Elder statesmen Plano & Richardson are also trying but the pushback is much more organized and they aren't going to be changing further without some real zoning fights. It's also sad the Frisco's minor league park will have the 2nd best connectivity to a neighborhood, behind the AAC and way ahead of anything in Arlington.

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 24 May 2018 10:57

What I like about this development is they seem to get two major things right:
1) Connect upcoming development with existing development (The Star)
2) Parking should be part of a larger building and not stand-alone

These two things alone will put this development ahead of most other suburban/urban centers. It's definitely an ambitious project, and I'd imagine this will take years and years to complete, but if they can stick to this plan, this could be a very cool area.

The_Overdog wrote:I think it's kind of interesting that Frisco and Allen both are done with being typical suburbs - and there is surprisingly little pushback from local residents. Elder statesmen Plano & Richardson are also trying but the pushback is much more organized and they aren't going to be changing further without some real zoning fights. It's also sad the Frisco's minor league park will have the 2nd best connectivity to a neighborhood, behind the AAC and way ahead of anything in Arlington.

Is it possibly because Frisco/Allen are doing a better job of keeping the urban development segregated from existing houses? It seems like people in the suburbs like these urban developments as long as they are far away from their own houses.

Or maybe Frisco/Allen have seen the benefits of Shops at Legacy and want the same thing in their cities.

The_Overdog

Postby The_Overdog » 24 May 2018 11:19

Is it possibly because Frisco/Allen are doing a better job of keeping the urban development segregated from existing houses?

No not really, Hall Office Park is surrounded by single family. The new developments in Allen are too.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 24 May 2018 21:40

Those renderings at Hall look dense, I'd like to see the layout and maybe some different angles.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 09 Oct 2018 20:59

Frisco scores another headquarters move to Hall Park on the tollway

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... rk-tollway

itsjrd1964

Postby itsjrd1964 » 11 Jan 2019 23:44

Frisco's Hall Park gets go-ahead for more than 2,000 housing units, taller buildings

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... -buildings

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 12 Jan 2019 18:52

This will certainly make that corner more dense, too bad there isn't anything connecting these four corners.

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 30 Nov 2020 14:20

Well, DMN & DBJ both have articles pertaining to more detailed plans on this. Proposed 27-story & 36-story residential towers in the first couple phases. This would be insane to see this come to fruition, especially if all of these 10 proposed high-rises are built (granted, I know it'll take time).
By the time they would be done, though, I'm assuming the Fields project's urban center would be somewhat built out though. High-rises all the way from DNT & Legacy to DNT & 380.

What do y'all think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

texasstar

Postby texasstar » 01 Dec 2020 08:26

And it would also be nice to someday fill that hole in the ground at Lebanon and Dallas Parkway.

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 01 Dec 2020 14:31

texasstar wrote:And it would also be nice to someday fill that hole in the ground at Lebanon and Dallas Parkway.

Oh yeah, the Wade Park outdoor aquarium? :| I’m sick and tired of it being there too. Now that Legacy West, Frisco Station, The Star, The Gate, and in the future, Fields & Hall Park are/will be built up and all somewhat unique in their own ways, whenever Wade Park eventually changes hands, the new developer needs to redo the plans. It’s so generic and uninspiring. They should also prioritize connecting it over/under DNT with pedestrian bridges, deck park, etc. Frisco Station & The Gate directly across from it, so they should capitalize off of that.

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 06 Jan 2021 12:03

Tnexster wrote:This will certainly make that corner more dense, too bad there isn't anything connecting these four corners.

I know your post is nearly a year old, but what do you think would be the most viable option to connect the four corners of DNT/121? Also, put aside viable... What's the *dream* method of connecting them? I'm a little too invested in these four corners, hence why I'm posting about them way too much and bumping a year-old comment... Oops...

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 06 Jan 2021 12:31

undefinedprocess wrote:
Tnexster wrote:This will certainly make that corner more dense, too bad there isn't anything connecting these four corners.

I know your post is nearly a year old, but what do you think would be the most viable option to connect the four corners of DNT/121? Also, put aside viable... What's the *dream* method of connecting them? I'm a little too invested in these four corners, hence why I'm posting about them way too much and bumping a year-old comment... Oops...

I am not a transportation planner but one thing I could see is a streetcar system that goes over the top of the tollways and runs through the four corner projects which all have significant office and residential components plus a huge retail footprint, one in Plano and one in Frisco. I like the streetcar system in part because it seems easily expandable and utilizes existing street systems. Just my two cents but maybe some others can chime in.

quixomniac

Postby quixomniac » 06 Jan 2021 23:09

Tnexster wrote:
undefinedprocess wrote:

I am not a transportation planner but one thing I could see is a streetcar system that goes over the top of the tollways and runs through the four corner projects which all have significant office and residential components plus a huge retail footprint, one in Plano and one in Frisco. I like the streetcar system in part because it seems easily expandable and utilizes existing street systems. Just my two cents but maybe some others can chime in.

They could do an automated version of the people mover in Las Colinas. Uses elevated pathways is isolated from the streets. I just dont trust frisco with multimodal transportation yet. :?

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 07 Jan 2021 12:08

quixomniac wrote:
Tnexster wrote:
undefinedprocess wrote:I know your post is nearly a year old, but what do you think would be the most viable option to connect the four corners of DNT/121? Also, put aside viable... What's the *dream* method of connecting them? I'm a little too invested in these four corners, hence why I'm posting about them way too much and bumping a year-old comment... Oops...

They could do an automated version of the people mover in Las Colinas. Uses elevated pathways is isolated from the streets. I just don't trust Frisco with multimodal transportation yet. :?

Plano & Frisco definitely need to work on something to connect these four corners. Really wish the dealerships that are at the northwest corner of DNT/121 would be, um, replaced...

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 03 Jun 2021 09:38

Frisco City Council approved the 1,500 seat PAC in Hall Park as part of the redevelopment.

Highlights:
• A main performance hall with at least 1,250 seats
• A smaller venue with at least 250 seats
• A multi-story parking garage with 1,100 spaces
• A five-acre park, similar to Klyde Warren Park, with a playground
• A professional-quality sound and lighting system
• Facility office space and ticketing booths
• Concession areas

Parking garage and PAC will be publicly owned.

Additionally, the article mentions the following:

Through a separate agreement, the Frisco Economic Development Corporation plans to provide $5 million in combined infrastructure and grants to support the redevelopment of Hall Park, according to the news release. The improvements would include redeveloping a 15-story luxury office building to include two hotels and a parking garage and the addition of a luxury, residential high-rise apartment building with 214 units.

So it looks like Phase 1 of the Hall Park redevelopment is actually going to get underway. Would love to see that 36-story residential tower as part of Phase 1, but I'll take it. It'll be nice to have more activity/things to do once this phase (and all later phases, sooner than later hopefully) is completed. Hall Park is already incredibly nice to be in, but there's obviously nothing to do. I love all of the water and sculptures through, so going mixed-use plus verticality here (especially with the residential component) will be great.

Link to DMN article: https://www.dallasnews.com/business/real-estate/2021/06/02/frisco-approves-agreement-for-114-million-performing-arts-center-and-park-in-hall-park-development/

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 27 Aug 2021 10:37

Looks like the Hall Park redevelopment will be kicking off next month with a new office tower. One render from DMN article, another I found by digging through the Hall website.
Also, supposedly they're going to be kicking off a 12-story residential tower somewhat soon with around 200 units? Not bad, would be good to start some residential and get some constant population in there sooner than later.
HallParkNewOfficeTower2.png

HallParkNewOfficeTower1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 27 Aug 2021 12:06

Well thats a little more interesting.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 13 Oct 2021 16:23

Frisco high-rise project will kick off later this month at Hall Park
New towers near the Dallas North Tollway will include residential, hotel and office space.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... hall-park/

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 13 Oct 2021 16:25

Tnexster wrote:Frisco high-rise project will kick off later this month at Hall Park
New towers near the Dallas North Tollway will include residential, hotel and office space.

Yep, just saw the article and came to post. Couple months ago they were supposed to start "next month," but here we are looking at an end-of-October groundbreaking. Will be interesting to see if they actually stick to this plan or delay further. I'm really excited for residential to be going into Hall Park, finally, even if it's only one tower to begin with.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 28 Oct 2021 09:58

Well more kick off articles with new pics.. plus this little tid bit..
Developer launches first phase of a $7 billion redevelopment of Frisco’s Hall Park

“We actually started working on this in about 2017,” said developer Hall. “We had come to the conclusion that office parks were going the same way as malls.

“Over time, office parks are not the right thing for the needs of the future,” he said. “We’ve spent a fair amount of time, effort, energy and money to reconceive Hall Park and up our game to make sure we thought of everything we could to make it mixed-use and walkable.”

BUQ2VACQNRAPDJI5B6NDIISBEA.jpg

DBYW3XW3HVGLRDOGVTD57NC3J4.jpg
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 28 Oct 2021 10:04

cowboyeagle05 wrote:Well more kick off articles with new pics.. plus this little tid bit..
Developer launches first phase of a $7 billion redevelopment of Frisco’s Hall Park

“We actually started working on this in about 2017,” said developer Hall. “We had come to the conclusion that office parks were going the same way as malls.

“Over time, office parks are not the right thing for the needs of the future,” he said. “We’ve spent a fair amount of time, effort, energy and money to reconceive Hall Park and up our game to make sure we thought of everything we could to make it mixed-use and walkable.”

BUQ2VACQNRAPDJI5B6NDIISBEA.jpg
DBYW3XW3HVGLRDOGVTD57NC3J4.jpg

Seems like they're finally about to start for real. The aerial view of the park in the article... If they stick with that plan, damn. That's a cool ass park, especially considering it's right in front of that food hall. Good start to the redevelopment, especially considering these are two of the smaller towers to start off with.

eburress

Postby eburress » 28 Oct 2021 10:22

Very cool! With all those parking lots, they have a lot of space with which to work.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 28 Oct 2021 11:22

It looks like it has all the elements of Klyde Warren for sure. Not that Klyde Warren invented contemporary park design but in DFW I think it set a major tone for future developments. Every developer now wants some sort of Klyde Warren like park associated with their "urban" project.

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 11 Nov 2021 10:40

Been 5 years to the day since Txnester started this thread on this version of the forum with a post talking about the expansion/redevelopment of Hall Park. Pretty crazy that here we are, 5 years later, and they just broke ground on the first phase. Guess it goes to show how much time and thought they put into this redevelopment master plan, because they definitely could've started sooner with a far more mediocre plan.

Addison

Postby Addison » 11 Nov 2021 11:04

undefinedprocess wrote:Been 5 years to the day since Txnester started this thread on this version of the forum with a post talking about the expansion/redevelopment of Hall Park. Pretty crazy that here we are, 5 years later, and they just broke ground on the first phase. Guess it goes to show how much time and thought they put into this redevelopment master plan, because they definitely could've started sooner with a far more mediocre plan.

That's an extremely kind take on this project's "progress."

I can only strive to be more optimistic. :lol:

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 11 Nov 2021 11:10

Addison wrote:
undefinedprocess wrote:Been 5 years to the day since Txnester started this thread on this version of the forum with a post talking about the expansion/redevelopment of Hall Park. Pretty crazy that here we are, 5 years later, and they just broke ground on the first phase. Guess it goes to show how much time and thought they put into this redevelopment master plan, because they definitely could've started sooner with a far more mediocre plan.

That's an extremely kind take on this project's "progress."

I can only strive to be more optimistic. :lol:

Traitors don't get to be party-poopers, smh. :lol: Joking of course, and yeah, I know it's probably not the best take, but I guess I'm just happy to see the potential of this redevelopment finally get realized.

texasstar

Postby texasstar » 12 Jun 2022 10:20

Progress!

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 15 Jun 2022 18:05

If only some of these stroads could be put on a diet in these "urban" island areas... Add an on-street streetcar or something for some localized transit... Probably not feasible and know that's not the best solution, but man, these 4-6 lane roads are really keeping some of these developments from meshing.

I know this isn't true urban development and they're not truly walkable, but road diets would have to help connect them to a point, no?

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 09 Sep 2022 12:20

Frisco names new park to feature brightly colored sculpture, free films and concerts
The park is under construction and is set to open in late 2023.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2022/09 ... velopment/

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 09 Sep 2022 14:33

Kaleidoscope Park will thoughtfully engage the diverse and rapidly growing communities across North Texas

Let's start a practice of every time they use the word DIVERSITY, we actually post the data, so we know just how "diverse" these communities are.

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/friscocitytexas

White 61.7%
Black or African American 8.2%
Asian 22.4%
American Indian 0.5%
Two or more races 4.8%
Hispanic or Latino 12.2%

These numbers of course, don't take in account all the arguments about how white is more likely to answer a census than minorities. I just think if we are going to keep using the buzzword of diversity, we need to start having some real-world grasp on what diversity looks like in all these cities.

rickbansal

Postby rickbansal » 09 Sep 2022 17:44

Seems pretty diverse to me

vman

Postby vman » 12 Sep 2022 11:01

cowboyeagle05 wrote:
These numbers of course, don't take in account all the arguments about how white is more likely to answer a census than minorities. I just think if we are going to keep using the buzzword of diversity, we need to start having some real-world grasp on what diversity looks like in all these cities.

Well I've been working in the middle of Legacy West since last February, and at least in regards to the daytime population, when I'm out and about in the Frisco/Plano area, it seems pretty diverse to me. Everyone seems well represented out here.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 14 Sep 2022 15:14

The question is always what is diverse enough. What numbers are reasonably representative of the area, to wealth distribution, and what is "equality" actually look like. I just think we need to reexamine the numbers every time a developer or politician says their project is celebrating the diversity of the area cause many times, it's dominated by one group with an acceptable level of other groups represented. Is that diversity? It's marketable to claim diversity these days but to actually celebrate it and encourage it structurally and systematically is another thing.