Forney/Terrell HEB

cp14

Forney/Terrell HEB

Postby cp14 » 20 Nov 2020 12:24

[url]https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2020/11/10/heb-kaufman-county.html
[/url]
Looks like H-E-B is back in the Dallas area looking to expand. Not sure if they are just buying land and holding it or are considering building a store. Forney/Terrell is about the same distance from Dallas as is Fort Worth and Hudson Oaks/Weatherford. From what I've seen online there are 3 sites in total that are being considered from for a store. First site is in Forney behind RaceTrack/new McDonalds corner of FM548/FM1641. Second site is in Forney/Heartland on the Southwest corner of I20/FM741. Third site is in Terrell in the Crossroads of Terrell development by Bucees. I had seen a photo of a potential site plan for the first site on Facebook, had a Sept 2020 date on it - I tried looking it for it just now but couldn't find it anymore.

Going to be interesting, there is also development on northeast corner of FM548/FM741 that is suppose to have Toms Thumb as a grocery anchor. Noting official, but that's been the talk and the land is under contract.

I actually do see H-E-B building in Forney or Terrell due to its similar location to Hudson Oaks, and the enormous growth both cities are going through. Lots of housing growth in Forney, and ground has broke on the Las Lomas development in Terrell. Roads are a mess but won't be fixed/expanded by TXDot until its over its capacity.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Re: Forney/Terrell HEB

Postby tamtagon » 20 Nov 2020 13:00

When a distribution center is announced, the population center will begin to get flooded with HEBs. North Texas will probably require two or more distribution center to really cover the area.

I45Tex

Postby I45Tex » 20 Nov 2020 13:25

What is H-E-B's distribution point for the open stores in Corsicana, Ennis, Waxahachie, Cleburne and Granbury?

What ever became of the Metroplex distribution center(s) Food Lion built?

CTroyMathis
Site Admin

Postby CTroyMathis » 20 Nov 2020 13:53

Their closest major distribution point is Temple I think, but, not positive. But, I would also imagine the next step in their supply chain has some warehousing in the DFW area prior to going to the storefronts? All in one spot? No idea.