Frisco 45

DAFW

Frisco 45

Postby DAFW » 04 Oct 2018 00:02

http://starlocalmedia.com/friscoenterprise/news/frisco-approves-rezoning-for-million-mixed-use-project/article_7c987b0e-c741-11e8-8a4e-171438316052.html

I'm surprised I haven't seen news coverage on this until now since its caused a HUGE ruckus among local residents on the nextdoor app. Nevertheless, The rezoning has been approved after the original (larger) plans were reduced. According to some pdfs posted by the city it will be called "Frisco 45?". The Value of the project is around $850 Million. Unfortunately, the original buildings were supposed to be larger and taller, but because of nearby residents' complaints about traffic, the maximum building heights have been reduced to 5 floors for residential and 14 floors for office and hotel. Its supposed to be more upscale and it was noted that they are seeking "high-end tenants" I checked the approved plans filed with the city, and It calls for four 14 story Office buildings facing a central park area, and a 14 story 350 key Hotel.

Here are some quotes,

Project leaders said there will be four offices with a maximum of 1.4 million square feet and about 80,000 square feet of retail, with the option to increase that within the office area. It will have a hotel, which is expected to have a minimum of 350 rooms.

The project will also have 22 percent open space throughout.

Jim Knight, senior principal of development firm Stantec, said the project will be “a mixed-use project with a campus corporate office focus.”

Knight said real estate firm KDC will be searching for high-end tenants.

“We want to bring the first Fortune 500 Company to this community,” Knight said.

“We don’t want them to constantly be across the street from where we are.”

Lots of complaints about the double density, The project is going to be denser than Frisco Station, The Gate, and The Rail.

“The residents have asked you time and again not to shove apartments down our throat,” Works said.

Resident Bill Short said more conversation should have taken place by the Planning and Zoning Commission about the property being reclassified as a transit-oriented development (TOD), which allows for 50 percent residential. The P&Z recommended approval for the project earlier in the night.

Works said a reasonable number of apartments would be 25 percent residential.

Linda Kelly, president of the Stonebriar Country Club Estates HOA, said she is concerned about traffic congestion she said is already bad near her neighborhood.

“If we double the density here, we’re going to create a lot more problems,” Kelly said.
Last edited by DAFW on 08 Oct 2018 17:33, edited 2 times in total.

Tnexster

Re: Frisco 45

Postby Tnexster » 05 Oct 2018 14:54

That's the best picture they could come up with?

The_Overdog

Postby The_Overdog » 05 Oct 2018 15:26

That's just the land use picture used for Planning and Zoning review. They generally don't do renderings for most projects, unless there is something special or different that needs to be shown.

DAFW

Postby DAFW » 08 Oct 2018 17:29

Here's better images,

and I updated the original post to include these.

Source: http://sire.friscotexas.gov/sirepub/cac ... 719985.PDF

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 09 Oct 2018 20:56

Much better, thanks!

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 10 Oct 2018 15:48

New $850 million mixed-use development in the works at Frisco's south gateway

So now I am wondering, more competition for Wade Park, better location and KDC is involved.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... th-gateway