Frisco: Fields Ranch development

itsjrd1964

Frisco: Fields Ranch development

Postby itsjrd1964 » 07 Aug 2018 20:30

The large tract (outlined in red) has just sold to Hunt Realty Investments and is planned for a proposed mixed-use development. The article mentions the possible relocation of the PGA as a potential part of the project. The total area spans over 2500 acres in size, and is billed as the largest undeveloped tract in Frisco.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... ject-plans

itsjrd1964

Re: Frisco: Fields Ranch development

Postby itsjrd1964 » 09 Aug 2018 01:59

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 09 Aug 2018 05:59

They've certainly got the backing of the regions big money and big planners.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 09 Aug 2018 08:30

Yeah and Frisco is not about to let the chance of scoring the PGA HQ and most likely take the Byron Nelson away from Dallas eventually because of it. At least the Trinity Golf Course could become a park for public access instead of a private golf course like it is now.
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”

DAFW

Postby DAFW » 10 Aug 2018 03:35

So many ideas and thoughts whirring in my head for this place, I'll throw them out just for the sake of discussion:

- I think what excites me most about this project is that Fehmi Karahan is going to be involved... Plus at this point, I could say with certainty that PGA will be moving its headquarters somewhere in here.
Also hearing that they are doing something "Big and Exciting" by such big names has me on the edge of my seat for this one... Hope they mean it. Although the only mentions of zoning are common terms such as "commercial buildings, offices, retail, single-family and multifamily homes" I really hope they push the boundaries on these and try things that have never been done before especially with all that space. As for Education? Did they mean the UNT Frisco Satellite Campus or is that somewhere else?

- Hopefully, the single-family neighborhood is more modern and up-to-date in architecture to match the new Lesso Mall which is being built nearby.

- Creating a major destination is mentioned too, Perhaps in the tract somewhere, a rival much bigger and one that solves all the problems of Plano's Legacy West will rise from these rolling hills and farmland.

- Also I know this is a long shot but I hope they try a more touristy/international destination/one of a kind type of thing, with all that space it would be a shame if they just put a giant single-family neighborhood and then packed an urban center somewhere... I want something like what Grandscape is doing! a small residential neighborhood and a HUGE one of a kind shopping/retail destination that you can't find anywhere else in the U.S. or (if they're really bold) the world.

-Also everything better be walkable. All 2,500+ acres of it. Give us programmed parks in the middle of a giant urban center, Give us an urban center with absolutely no roads, only autonomous shuttles and a giant Uber/hyperloop Beehive in the center to travel in and out of it, Give us the reason to leave our car at home and be able to take a walk reasonably around all of it. Oh and Give us engaging nightclubs and a reason to stay up till past 1am on any day of the week...

lets discuss,

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 10 Aug 2018 08:41

I doubt all of that. They will make the area 5G ready with AT&T and maybe some bike share around a suburban park trail they would likely integrate into the project. Probably some sculpture too.
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”

exelone31

Postby exelone31 » 10 Aug 2018 09:34

Yeah I'm pretty skeptical that it will be anything that's too earth shattering. We shall see, but I'd think it will likely be much of the same of what's up there now.

itsjrd1964

Postby itsjrd1964 » 10 Aug 2018 10:48

And that 'engaging nightclubs' thing? Won't happen till Frisco quits having the no-more-drinking-and-clubs-after-midnight mentality every time there is an election. They keep giving 2 hours of potential revenue away every night to Plano and other cities. It's almost as bad as Arlington's anti-transit irritation, but oh well. But, surely, there's some good potential in some way or another, with 2500 acres to work with. Turning it all into a pretentious urban heat island won't do anyone any good.

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 10 Aug 2018 11:08

itsjrd1964 wrote:And that 'engaging nightclubs' thing? Won't happen till Frisco quits having the no-more-drinking-and-clubs-after-midnight mentality every time there is an election. They keep giving 2 hours of potential revenue away every night to Plano and other cities.

How does Concrete Cowboy get away with it?
Last edited by DPatel304 on 10 Aug 2018 11:08, edited 1 time in total.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 10 Aug 2018 11:08

itsjrd1964 wrote:And that 'engaging nightclubs' thing? Won't happen till Frisco quits having the no-more-drinking-and-clubs-after-midnight mentality every time there is an election.

Personally, I think alcohol serving businesses should be allowed to stay open 24-7-365 if they have customers and want to.... but the turn-in early sentimentality always seems to go hand-in-hand with the exurban edge and deep into the suburban body. Let it go as slow as it wants, whatever, it's not for me, but it surely is for the majority in Dallas' northern burbs.

Panther Creek basin should be designated a wilderness preserve before it is destroyed.

The_Overdog

Postby The_Overdog » 10 Aug 2018 11:32

How does Concrete Cowboy get away with it?

I haven't gone drinking in Frisco in so long its embarrassing (that I'm old) but according to online most places stay open until 1-2:00am, so they either allow it or must be granting variances like they are candy.

DAFW

Postby DAFW » 10 Aug 2018 18:07

exelone31 wrote:Yeah I'm pretty skeptical that it will be anything that's too earth shattering. We shall see, but I'd think it will likely be much of the same of what's up there now.

perhaps. I wish they would try something new and out of the box though. It'd be a great place to try something different up there with all that space.

itsjrd1964

Postby itsjrd1964 » 25 Jun 2019 03:43

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 08 Mar 2020 14:22

Innovation Hub Called 'Silicon Valley of Golf' Ready to Tee Off in Texas

PGA of America Focuses on Golf Innovation

https://www.costar.com/article/25284278 ... f-in-texas

itsjrd1964

Postby itsjrd1964 » 11 Mar 2020 18:37

Frisco okays site plans for new PGA Omni hotel and resort

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... nd-resort/

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 13 Jun 2020 11:36

PGA of America gives updated timeline on forthcoming Frisco HQ move

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... -move.html

Unless another act of god like COVID-19 occurs, the PGA of America’s new headquarters could deliver ahead of schedule, PGA COO Darrell Crall told the Dallas Business Journal Tuesday. However, not everything on the project will deliver on time.

The PGA is setting its sights on an August groundbreaking for its new 100,000-square-foot headquarters building, which is set to bring at least 100 jobs from Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., to Frisco. It could even deliver ahead of its June 2022 timeline, said Crall.

“We're all dealing with a brave new world in so many different ways, and the PGA of America is certainly among those that are. However, (we) remain incredibly bullish about PGA Frisco, and while we have been modestly delayed with the beginning of construction, we are now forecasted to break ground in mid-August and complete the project well in advance of June 2022,” Crall said.

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 16 Nov 2020 10:01

DAFW wrote:So many ideas and thoughts whirring in my head for this place, I'll throw them out just for the sake of discussion:

- I think what excites me most about this project is that Fehmi Karahan is going to be involved... Plus at this point, I could say with certainty that PGA will be moving its headquarters somewhere in here.
Also hearing that they are doing something "Big and Exciting" by such big names has me on the edge of my seat for this one... Hope they mean it. Although the only mentions of zoning are common terms such as "commercial buildings, offices, retail, single-family and multifamily homes" I really hope they push the boundaries on these and try things that have never been done before especially with all that space. As for Education? Did they mean the UNT Frisco Satellite Campus or is that somewhere else?

- Hopefully, the single-family neighborhood is more modern and up-to-date in architecture to match the new Lesso Mall which is being built nearby.

- Creating a major destination is mentioned too, Perhaps in the tract somewhere, a rival much bigger and one that solves all the problems of Plano's Legacy West will rise from these rolling hills and farmland.

- Also I know this is a long shot but I hope they try a more touristy/international destination/one of a kind type of thing, with all that space it would be a shame if they just put a giant single-family neighborhood and then packed an urban center somewhere... I want something like what Grandscape is doing! a small residential neighborhood and a HUGE one of a kind shopping/retail destination that you can't find anywhere else in the U.S. or (if they're really bold) the world.

-Also everything better be walkable. All 2,500+ acres of it. Give us programmed parks in the middle of a giant urban center, Give us an urban center with absolutely no roads, only autonomous shuttles and a giant Uber/hyperloop Beehive in the center to travel in and out of it, Give us the reason to leave our car at home and be able to take a walk reasonably around all of it. Oh and Give us engaging nightclubs and a reason to stay up till past 1am on any day of the week...

lets discuss,

Not even sure if you're still around, and I know this post is super old, but what issues were/are you referring to when you mentioned Legacy West? Would like to know what you think the main issues are/were

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 21 May 2021 10:52

Progress photo from the Fields IG account of the Omni Resort & the PGA courses. Going to try to go by again this weekend to fly the drone and take some more photos myself because the land truly is beautiful. If y'all want to see let me know.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 29 May 2021 12:17

1M-SF office campus? Developer of The Link in Frisco discusses corporate activity, planned amenities of $1 billion project

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... pital.html

Next year could be a particularly exciting one for Frisco. The delivery of PGA of America's new headquarters? Check. The opening of two new championship golf courses? Check. The announcement of a 1 million-square-foot corporate relocation? To be determined.

Last week, Dallas-based Stillwater Capital announced The Link, a 240-acre, $1 billion mixed-use project located next to the future PGA Frisco development, of which Stillwater is also a partner. The Link will include 2.5 million square feet of office space; 400,000 square feet of retail, restaurant and entertainment space; more than 2,000 residential units including both condos and apartments; and a boutique hotel. Among the planned office space will be room for a 1 million-square-foot campus, Stillwater says.

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 29 Jul 2021 09:43

So this looks to be one of the first parts of Fields to break ground aside from the PGA HQ. This project, "North Fields," will be a roughly 175-acre mixed-use chunk built around a lake. Fehmi Karahan, who I'm sure you all know is behind Legacy & now this project, compared this to Legacy Town Center.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/real-estate/2021/07/29/urban-mixed-use-project-will-anchor-north-end-of-friscos-huge-fields-development/

This is directly south of 380, north of the PGA HQ (as you can see in the render. What's interesting to me (and maybe I'm reading too deeply into this, so let me know if I am) is the lack of any of the previous "Fields City Center" towers/core in this render. It definitely shows "The Preserve," which is the neighborhood where the high-end homes overlooking the golf course will be. But at least according to the plans/renders for the main chunk of Fields in the past, the city center would be just on the other side of that (where the highest density office/resi would be).

NorthFieldsRender.jpeg

Maybe I'm reading too deeply into this as I said, but I think it's interesting that none of that is shown here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 29 Jul 2021 11:02

There are actually several developments planned for this area, you have The Fields as mentioned above, and also The Links which has already received approval.

https://www.stillwatercap.com/propertie ... nt-center/

If this area can attract a couple of corporate clients, perhaps even a Fortune 500 company, look out!

Addison

Postby Addison » 29 Jul 2021 12:15

Kelley USA wrote:There are actually several developments planned for this area, you have The Fields as mentioned above, and also The Links which has already received approval.

If this area can attract a couple of corporate clients, perhaps even a Fortune 500 company, look out!

Ideally from out of state (or specifically outside of DFW) and not just from another part of the Metroplex.

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 29 Jul 2021 12:49

Kelley USA wrote:There are actually several developments planned for this area, you have The Fields as mentioned above, and also The Links which has already received approval.

Oh yeah, I'm familiar with The Link and many of the other developments/developers that are scrambling to grab any land in the area lol. Actually used to work with some people who're part of Stillwater Capital. Just find it odd how the core of Fields isn't shown in this render considering you're looking essentially due south. Also, North Fields is really just a subdistrict/section of the entire Fields project if I remember correctly, and being that this is all Karahan/KDC/Hunt, that's why I'm so surprised.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 29 Jul 2021 14:43

I’m sure it will evolve.

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 11 Nov 2021 10:16

Here's the direct link to the update video on the PGA Frisco courses that they released exclusively through the Dallas Business Journal. Paywall who? Enjoy! :)

PGA Frisco - October 2021 Update:
http://players.brightcove.net/6057940550001/LDnoXxj7ax_default/index.html?videoId=6281352062001

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Re: Frisco: Fields (Fields West)

Postby undefinedprocess » 21 Apr 2022 15:23

Frisco is getting a Ritz...
And the first portion of the "core" of Fields is set to break ground with this project.
Legacy West developer Fehmi Karahan is teaming up with Hunt Realty Investments to build a 180-acre mixed-use project on the Dallas North Tollway near PGA of America’s new headquarters. It will be part of Frisco’s more than 2,500-acre Fields development.

Called Fields West, the project at Panther Creek Parkway and tollway will include 325,000 square feet of retail, restaurant and entertainment space, 2,800 apartments, more than 4 million square feet of offices and three hotels.

The Fields West developers have just inked an agreement with Marriott International Inc. for a Ritz-Carton Hotel.

The developers hope to open the first phase of the project in late 2024.

“We are now going in full speed with this development,” Karahan said.

The just-completed agreement with Marriott is a major accomplishment, he said. “The Ritz-Carlton will be the first five-star hotel in the northern section of D-FW.”

FieldsWest01.jpeg

FieldsWest02.jpeg

FieldsWest03.jpeg

FieldsWest04.jpeg

Addison

Postby Addison » 21 Apr 2022 15:40

Why in the hell do we need 3 Ritz-Carltons in DFW?

Why can't we get a different 5-star flagship hotel for once? :x

ajderry2017

Postby ajderry2017 » 22 Apr 2022 07:44

I see 5 - 10 story buildings galore. What happened to the rendering of the skyscrapers? Isn’t this on the same plot of land?

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 22 Apr 2022 13:34

These things always seem to water down.

itsjrd1964

Postby itsjrd1964 » 25 Aug 2022 11:47

The PGA headquarters complex must have opened up this week. A big splashy reception for staff and members was held Monday to show off all the amenities. It will have golf simulators,
large bunker, chipping and putting areas, indoor/outdoor hitting bays and instructional technology
, as well as a museum-like display area showing off past and present golf equipment, PGA artifacts, and other displays.

https://starlocalmedia.com/friscoenterp ... 1d74a.html

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 10 Jan 2023 13:30

This could be interesting.... Hmmmm?!?!

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... heme-park/

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 10 Jan 2023 14:23

^^ But if I had to guess, this might be the new $100 million Dude Perfect Theme Park. They're already headquartered in Frisco and most of the guys live in Frisco.

IcedCowboyCoffee

Postby IcedCowboyCoffee » 10 Jan 2023 14:37

Kelley USA wrote:^^ But if I had to guess, this might be the new $100 million Dude Perfect Theme Park. They're already headquartered in Frisco and most of the guys live in Frisco.

Definitely seems the most likely given the size of the space.
Not personally interested though. I want to see an actual theme park, but that ship has probably already sailed. I just want some actual competition to Six Flags for once. Do their competitors really not see how easily they could walk in and do circles around SFOT without breaking a sweat? There's nearly 8million people here always looking for something to do... Paging Cedar Fair...

I often wonder about an alternate realty where Euro Disney didn't weigh down the Disney company in the 90s. With Virginia rejecting Disney's proposed park it's easy to imagine Disney having landed on a big tract of unoccupied Frisco back then.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 11 Jan 2023 11:06

WOW, actually going to be a Universal Studios Theme Park.

IcedCowboyCoffee

Postby IcedCowboyCoffee » 11 Jan 2023 11:23

Kelley USA wrote:WOW, actually going to be a Universal Studios Theme Park.

WHOAH! I am honestly genuinely shocked. Universal was notably absent from that list of excluded advertisers but I surely didn't think it could actually be them.
The space is 1/5th the size of their park in Orlando, and it seems it will be exclusively themed to their kid-oriented properties, but this is still very exciting.

Universal Plans New Family Resort in Texas, Las Vegas Horror Attraction - Bloomberg
The company plans to build a family-focused resort aimed specifically at younger kids on 97 acres of land it’s acquired in the Dallas suburb of Frisco, Texas. It will include rides, shows and a hotel, as well as character meet and greets tied to the company’s library of film and TV properties, which include Minions and Shrek. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-01-11/universal-plans-kid-friendly-texas-resort-las-vegas-horror-attraction?srnd=premium&leadSource=uverify%20wall

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 11 Jan 2023 11:26

Yes, that Bloomberg article has a rendering. Looks pretty, but no roller coasters or crazy big rides. Looks like a pretty docile theme park for the young kids. But definitely still a nice get for the area. I did notice in the DMN article that the Theme Park will actually replace land that was set aside for Mixed Use, so apparently the amount of retail space is dropping significantly for the Fields project.

Addison

Postby Addison » 11 Jan 2023 11:45

Details aside, what's most important about this announcement is that Universal will now have a sizable operation in DFW that they will surely expand upon if it's wildly successful.

IcedCowboyCoffee

Postby IcedCowboyCoffee » 11 Jan 2023 12:09

Folks, we even have the official concept art (Edit: ah I guess the Bloomberg article added it as well). Looks incredible.
https://corporate.universalparks.com/universal-parks-resorts-plans-to-bring-new-concept-for-families-with-young-children-to-frisco-texas/
friscouniversal3.jpg

IcedCowboyCoffee

Postby IcedCowboyCoffee » 11 Jan 2023 12:44

And I just want to say I hope hope hope Universal has the foresight to secure some of the surrounding land. This is a good market test but I want them ready to expand when this succeeds as I'm 99% sure it will. As I already said, SFOT has been resting on their laurels and it won't take much for Universal to eat their lunch if Universal expands this park with an additional "land" to fit thrill rides for teens and adults.
The concept art has an obvious expansion path in the back, but without knowing how this is oriented on the land it's difficult to tell if that hazy road behind it all is just a road or if it represents the highway.

The midwest and both coasts are chock full of good theme parks and amusement parks. Given our population size and growth, it's always baffled me how abysmal Texas's offerings have been when it comes to this stuff. It feels like we've just been waiting for Disney or Universal to finally take the step and it looks like Universal will be the one to do it, which isn't surprising considering how many years it's taken Disney to merely duplicate one of their existing rides (Tron), while Universal is over their building an entirely new Orlando park.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 11 Jan 2023 14:08

IcedCowboyCoffee wrote:And I just want to say I hope hope hope Universal has the foresight to secure some of the surrounding land. This is a good market test but I want them ready to expand when this succeeds as I'm 99% sure it will. As I already said, SFOT has been resting on their laurels and it won't take much for Universal to eat their lunch if Universal expands this park with an additional "land" to fit thrill rides for teens and adults.
The concept art has an obvious expansion path in the back, but without knowing how this is oriented on the land it's difficult to tell if that hazy road behind it all is just a road or if it represents the highway.

The midwest and both coasts are chock full of good theme parks and amusement parks. Given our population size and growth, it's always baffled me how abysmal Texas's offerings have been when it comes to this stuff. It feels like we've just been waiting for Disney or Universal to finally take the step and it looks like Universal will be the one to do it, which isn't surprising considering how many years it's taken Disney to merely duplicate one of their existing rides (Tron), while Universal is over their building an entirely new Orlando park.

The article on Travel + Leisure mentions plans for expansion.

IcedCowboyCoffee

Postby IcedCowboyCoffee » 11 Jan 2023 16:55

Well my curiosity got the best of me and I couldn't resist making a visual comparison to see just how much room Universal has to work with.

This first comparison is just for fun because the huge caveat of this image is that none of the parks here include their massive parking infrastructure which of course this park will have to figure out as well. I'm also just making up the exact shape of Universal's parcel, but this is what 97 acres looks like on that corner, which is how much Universal says they bought.
All of these are to scale:
universalstudiosfrisco2.jpg

For comparison, if you take all of Disney's California Adventure + the 750-room Grand Californian Hotel you get roughly the same number of acres as the frisco project.
disneycaliforniaadventure.jpg

However, probably the best point of realistic comparison is Legoland in San Diego. When you include parking, the separate water park, and their two 250-room hotels, you get just over a hundred acres.
legoland.jpg

Given what we see in the concept art for this Frisco park, it looks like all the attractions coming on day one would probably only occupy 1/3 or 1/2 of Legoland's park space, so there should be ample room to expand.

rono3849

Postby rono3849 » 12 Jan 2023 00:24

This is a true game changer for Frisco. Who knows what this will bring in the coming years to the area? Universal brings a lot of momentum for a new kind of business to D/FW. Six Flags is an amusement park while Universal is a notch above that with unique rides & shows that Six Flags can never achieve.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 12 Jan 2023 09:54

It's been so funny to see all the Frisco people bitching & complaining about this... More traffic, more noise, higher home values, cost of living etc... Ummm, you live in Frisco, what were you expecting?? I personally think this is awesome, and I think the entire Fields development has the ability to be the best mixed-use project in the entire country. Would be an awesome place to live and raise a family. This coupled with the fact that the PGA will bring multiple PGA Championships and a future Ryder Cup, I mean, pretty cool!

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 12 Jan 2023 10:31

IcedCowboyCoffee wrote:Well my curiosity got the best of me and I couldn't resist making a visual comparison to see just how much room Universal has to work with.

This first comparison is just for fun because the huge caveat of this image is that none of the parks here include their massive parking infrastructure which of course this park will have to figure out as well. I'm also just making up the exact shape of Universal's parcel, but this is what 97 acres looks like on that corner, which is how much Universal says they bought.
All of these are to scale:
universalstudiosfrisco2.jpg

For comparison, if you take all of Disney's California Adventure + the 750-room Grand Californian Hotel you get roughly the same number of acres as the frisco project.
disneycaliforniaadventure.jpg

However, probably the best point of realistic comparison is Legoland in San Diego. When you include parking, the separate water park, and their two 250-room hotels, you get just over a hundred acres.
legoland.jpg

Given what we see in the concept art for this Frisco park, it looks like all the attractions coming on day one would probably only occupy 1/3 or 1/2 of Legoland's park space, so there should be ample room to expand.

Additional info re: relative scale —. From the DMN article: Unlike Universal Studios’ sprawling parks in Orlando, Los Angeles and abroad, the Frisco development will be a much smaller attraction — the first of multiple such projects the company plans.

Also: The new park concept will be about one-quarter the size of traditional resorts in Los Angeles and Orlando with an adjacent hotel.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/busi ... rylink=cpy
Last edited by Tucy on 12 Jan 2023 12:41, edited 1 time in total.

I45Tex

Postby I45Tex » 12 Jan 2023 10:34

IcedCowboyCoffee wrote:…The midwest and both coasts are chock full of good theme parks and amusement parks. Given our population size and growth, it's always baffled me how abysmal Texas's offerings have been when it comes to this stuff. It feels like we've just been waiting for Disney or Universal to finally take the step...

Texans are comfortable with traveling long distances due to living in Texas, but to some extent the next county over, or the one beyond that, can be “a foreign culture” to some of the residents on the east coast. Traveling to another nation for a vacation is familiar to them but the greater density of amusement parks is still a part of pre-car historic patterns in many cases where they just didn’t go to theme parks many hours away

IcedCowboyCoffee

Postby IcedCowboyCoffee » 12 Jan 2023 13:55

Edit: wow, all this theorizing below is completely moot! Thanks for the link Scattcat!

Tucy wrote:Additional info re: relative scale —. From the DMN article: Unlike Universal Studios’ sprawling parks in Orlando, Los Angeles and abroad, the Frisco development will be a much smaller attraction — the first of multiple such projects the company plans.

Also: The new park concept will be about one-quarter the size of traditional resorts in Los Angeles and Orlando with an adjacent hotel.

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/busi ... rylink=cpy

Thanks! Apparently the direct quote says "roughly a quarter size of our big parks in Orlando." Their two parks there are 110 and 125 acres, so that puts the planned park space somewhere in the range of 24~34 acres. The Legoland comparison is very apt it seems.

universallegocomparison2.jpg

I'm leaning towards that number being on the low end of that range. What we see in the concept art just doesn't look like it would need more than 25 acres as there doesn't seem to be many (if any) traditional rides that would require large buildings. It looks most likely to be a mix of gentle carnival style rides and indoor experiences (shows, interactive exhibits, character meet and greets, dining, that sort of stuff).

In which case, using Legoland as a baseline example, that could give them anywhere from 10 to to even 25 acres of additional park expansion room, and even more if they opt to use a parking garage instead of a massive lot.
Articles have mentioned retail and restaurants as part of the project, but I'm not sure if that simply means the shops and restaurants that will be inside the park space or if they plan on building a separate shopping district outside the park entrance.

IcedCowboyCoffee

Postby IcedCowboyCoffee » 12 Jan 2023 15:06

A very rough overlay I did. Tried to get it as accurate as possible.
universalfrisco.jpg

Casa Linda

Postby Casa Linda » 12 Jan 2023 16:36

This reminds me of Great Wolf Lodge with an outdoor area. Massive parking. They should have added just 1 or 2 levels of covered parking like Grandscape.