Allen: Stacy Green

jrd1964

Allen: Stacy Green

Postby jrd1964 » 14 May 2018 12:10

Yet another project in the works... Stacy Rd./US 75 (SW corner) is the location for a new mixed-use development called Stacy Green. Office, retail, restaurant, hotel, and movie theater are all mentioned as part of the mix. No specific tenants listed; late next year is the projection for the first places to be finished and open.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... round-week
Last edited by jrd1964 on 16 May 2018 21:14, edited 1 time in total.

exelone31

Re: Allen: Stacy Green

Postby exelone31 » 14 May 2018 12:57

Haha, what retail/restaurant is there left to build out there?

They'll now have Allen Premium Outlets (which I think is also expanding northward), The Village at Allen and The Village at Fairview all in addition to this new development.

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 14 May 2018 13:09

I actually drive by this area quite a bit and noticed a few months ago that the house that used to occupy some of this land was sold off and razed, so I figured it was only a matter of time.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 14 May 2018 13:43

I think I remember a guy from college named Stacy Green, I wonder if he's the same one in Allen. oh, wait, different, not the same.

The_Overdog

Postby The_Overdog » 14 May 2018 14:03

I think I remember a guy from college named Stacy Green, I wonder if he's the same one in Allen. oh, wait, different, not the same.

It really does sound like the marketing department has run out of clever names for this one. "We've used up all the presidents, islands, rivers, trees, and states. What do we do?" "IDK, name it after the CEO".

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 14 May 2018 20:17

Monarch City plus this, that's a lot of space to fill.

jrd1964

Postby jrd1964 » 16 May 2018 17:27

Several restaurants are already being mentioned for this project:
* Blue Fish Sushi
* ChopShop
* Hopdoddy
* Lazy Dog
* Lupe Tortilla
* Whiskey Cake

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... estaurants

BiscuitHead

Postby BiscuitHead » 24 May 2018 07:12

Dirt work has started.

aachterhof

Postby aachterhof » 07 Sep 2018 09:09

Super Chix
Lazy Dog Restaurant & Bar
Salata
Potbelly Sandwiches
The Gents Place
CycleBar
Lupe Tortilla
Urban Bricks Pizza
Whiskey Cake
Hopdoddy Burger Bar
Blue Fish Sushi
Original ChopShop
Rosa’s Café
Jamba Juice
Outback Steakhouse
Embassy Suites
Spec’s Liquor Store
Starbucks
Wendy’s
QT
Yogurtland
Chipotle
Ideal Dental

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 07 Sep 2018 10:07

It's funny to me on a slightly personal note; I have a cousin who's lived in Plano for ~30 years, and about 15 years ago her mom moved to Allen to be close to family but still out of town and in the country. I suggested Allen might have couple decades of rural life left.

Anecdotes like this are common, and I would think a big part of the backlash in Plano to increased density. Establishing firm urban/suburban growth boundaries is reaching the point of no return. The future of Hwy 360 from McKinney to Denton has been argued off and on for decades; a 50 year decision will have to come pretty soon. The best case scenario for that decision is balanced upon Urban/Suburban growth boundaries AND Rural, ranching-wilderness preservation.

muncien

Postby muncien » 07 Sep 2018 10:45

tamtagon wrote:It's funny to me on a slightly personal note; I have a cousin who's lived in Plano for ~30 years, and about 15 years ago her mom moved to Allen to be close to family but still out of town and in the country. I suggested Allen might have couple decades of rural life left.

Anecdotes like this are common, and I would think a big part of the backlash in Plano to increased density. Establishing firm urban/suburban growth boundaries is reaching the point of no return. The future of Hwy 360 from McKinney to Denton has been argued off and on for decades; a 50 year decision will have to come pretty soon. The best case scenario for that decision is balanced upon Urban/Suburban growth boundaries AND Rural, ranching-wilderness preservation.

Have any self imposed 'growth boundaries' ever been actually established where such a boundary didn't coincide with a geographical obstruction?

I am honestly curious about this...
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 07 Sep 2018 11:12

^I know there's some good science to guide line drawing, and I'm really only aware of growth boundaries by that name happening in Portland. Over the years, I've been treated to private messages from at least two forum participants regarding urban growth boundaries. One mentioned actual interest from Collin County entity(s) about the topic.

I'm not aware of any Sunbelt population center making a concerted effort to direct development and preserve rural and wilderness areas. As far as I'm concerned, the whole concept is as simple as it could be: a thriving vibrant '24 Hour' downtown is fantastic! thriving vast friendly suburban family neighborhoods are fantastic! but if the millions of people do not have immediate access to emptiness the quality of life is downgraded. As beautiful as a mountain backdrop is or as thrilling and/or meditative as the seashore is, the benefit of both is emptiness and a view.

In general, too, the topography of North Texas is probably the best directive for geographic boundaries. Seasonal weather events being the drivers of how much buffer to build. Flash flood and drought are pretty clear to tell us how much room we need to keep Trinity River System clean and productive as a source for drinking water.

This is probably the most important policy mandate NCTCOG should be managing today.