Frisco: Stonebriar Centre mall

Addison

Re: Frisco: Stonebriar Centre mall

Postby Addison » 21 Mar 2023 06:59

Proquest20 wrote:In general, shopping centers need to evolve. The Galleria is surrounded by plenty of business parks and major hotels, has its own office towers, and hotel, and yet, if it retained the same look it had in the 1970s today, it definitely wouldn’t have aged as well as it did. Now obviously, it has its issues, like department stores not exactly doing well there, but it is far from a dead mall, at least when I was there this past weekend. Grapevine Mills, the most visited mall in the entire region, also underwent renovations a couple years ago so that it no longer had that “theme park” look a lot of Mills malls used to have. It also has stellar demographics, being so close to the DFW Airport, along with resort hotels and having plenty of entertainment options.

In general, I don’t see a reason as to why Stonebriar should keep up with its dated early 2000s/late 1990s look if it truly is in a different tier from Parks or Town East, which it really isn’t. It definitely brings me back to Collin Creek, but not in a good way.

Part of the Galleria's problem is also its proximity to NorthPark. There's a significant overlap between their trade areas.

I will say, Stonebriar is a lot busier than the Galleria as of late. It's pretty common to go to Stonebriar and everyone's packed in like sardines with hardly any parking available. Stonebriar. Same goes for NorthPark in fact. That's not as much the case when I go to the Galleria on the weekends.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 23 Mar 2023 21:56

Yes, there is quite a good overlap in trade area between NorthPark and the Galleria, but both centers target completely different customers. The Galleria, for example, tends to attract stores that are more trendy, such as Garage, Stance, Intimissi, and Mango - none of which are particularly high end, but are popular among travelers who may be staying at the nearby hotels. If, say, Park Lane continued to attract more regular mall stores, then there could be a little bit more of an issue. The luxury stores seem to be the trendier ones, such as Gucci, Louis Vuitton, and Tiffany, but they seem to obviously be doing well, considering both Louis Vuitton and Bachendorfs seem to be undergoing expansions. Many of these high end brands don’t need that many locations in Dallas, as there are some Highland Park Village brands that probably could open at NorthPark but still haven’t. Whereas, NorthPark appeals to the wealthy neighbourhoods to the south of it in the Park Cities, and the entire region as a whole, while obviously still specifically targeting the upper class/young professional crowd.

As for parking, the Galleria literally has over 10K parking spaces, more than any other mall in the region, which is likely a contributing factor to why it may be easier to find a parking spot. From what I’ve noticed, the garages at Stonebriar are very poorly designed, especially the one at the side facing 121. Every time I go to NorthPark, it’s also relatively easy to find a parking space, but I will also say I kind of learned which area is the best to find a parking space at. Still, the mall is busy, and the Galleria last Saturday looked nothing like a Willow Bend.

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 21 Jul 2023 14:08

Anyone know what's going on with the JCPenney at Stonebriar? It seems to still be listed on JCPenney's website, but Stonebriar's website doesn't list it and doesn't show it on their map.

Addison

Postby Addison » 21 Jul 2023 14:41

Tucy wrote:Anyone know what's going on with the JCPenney at Stonebriar? It seems to still be listed on JCPenney's website, but Stonebriar's website doesn't list it and doesn't show it on their map.

My guess is that it's just a website error on Stonebriar's part.

There's no indication anywhere that it's closed or closing.

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 21 Jul 2023 14:45

Addison wrote:
Tucy wrote:Anyone know what's going on with the JCPenney at Stonebriar? It seems to still be listed on JCPenney's website, but Stonebriar's website doesn't list it and doesn't show it on their map.

Wow. That would be a monumentally bad website error, especially to have made the same error twice (on both the list and the map). I suppose anything is possible. You may be right.

Addison

Postby Addison » 21 Jul 2023 14:48

Tucy wrote:
Addison wrote:

Wow. That would be a monumentally bad website error, especially to have made the same error twice (on both the list and the map). I suppose anything is possible. You may be right.

I've seen worse website errors, lol...

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 21 Jul 2023 15:00

Should mention that the Capital One Cafe and the North Face are now open.

acclar11

Postby acclar11 » 15 Jan 2024 23:38

Forever 21 is closing. Possible Zara or Uniqlo as a replacement?

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 16 Jan 2024 12:19

acclar11 wrote:Forever 21 is closing. Possible Zara or Uniqlo as a replacement?

Forever 21 is such a dying brand. I think this is where the proposed Zara will be. They said this location would close a couple years ago along with the one at Willow Bend, but then it stayed, so who knows.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 16 Jan 2024 15:56

With Mango opening there, I could see it being a Zara.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 16 Jan 2024 17:20

R1070 wrote:With Mango opening there, I could see it being a Zara.

I don’t why they’d open at Stonebriar but not Clearfork or Southlake Town Square. Fort Worth is deprived of exclusive retailers and Stonebriar is not far from the Galleria.

acclar11

Postby acclar11 » 07 Feb 2024 10:11

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/ret ... ay-on-top/
"A large retailer has committed, but the mall said it can’t yet disclose the name that’s partly responsible for some of the recent moves."
You think they're talking about Uniqlo or Zara?

Addison

Postby Addison » 07 Feb 2024 10:36

acclar11 wrote:https://www.dallasnews.com/business/retail/2024/02/07/friscos-stonebriar-centre-is-writing-the-suburban-mall-playbook-for-how-to-stay-on-top/
"A large retailer has committed, but the mall said it can’t yet disclose the name that’s partly responsible for some of the recent moves."
You think they're talking about Uniqlo or Zara?

Zara.

https://www.businessinsider.com/zara-st ... ist-2023-3

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 07 Feb 2024 16:42

It’s definitely Zara. That came out a while ago and their spaces are generally large, as for Uniqlo they probably would’ve announced it with the Arlington store. They should open a Zara on the Fort Worth side of the metro also! It takes about an hour to get from Fort Worth to Frisco or Dallas.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 09 Feb 2024 16:52

Forever 21 is just remodeling. Mango is going into level 1 by Hollister. Oakley and WHBM are relocating from their current spots. Zara seems to be taking those spots and the others on that side of the Nordstrom corridor in the upper level.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 24 Mar 2024 17:15

It looks like Express is moving downstairs into some of the Forever 21 space. Not sure if Forever 21 will take the other side with a smaller store or not.
Chubbies is opening across the hall from the space and Garage is opening on the 2nd level across from the food court.