The Railhead

DAFW

The Railhead

Postby DAFW » 11 Nov 2017 19:16

Frisco's $1.5 billion Railhead project will start with office high-rise and apartments

The 80-acre Railhead development is on the west side of the tollway near Frisco's Wakeland High School. Newman Real Estate, Shula Netzer Real Estate and Koa Partners received approval this week from Frisco's City Council to start the mixed-use project.

Dallas-based Koa Partners said it will build a 250,000-square-foot, 10-story office building.

Along with the commercial building, 1,200 multifamily units are planned in the initial phases of the Railhead, Lake said...

"We are commencing construction soon and are in discussions with potential tenants seeking to be part of a truly walkable community anchored by a central green space nearly the size of Klyde Warren Park in Dallas," Lake said. "We are delivering an innovative office solution in the heart of one of the most talent-rich and business-friendly cities in our nation.”

...Development plans for the property on the west side of the tollway show almost two dozen buildings constructed around a central park. Office buildings, a hotel and retail would occupy most of the land closest to the tollway. Architect CallisonRTKL did the land plan.

Hmmm... Looking at the land plan, Im disappointed in the giant parking garages facing the DNT. I wish they would mask them with high-rises or condos. Would be a much better use of all that space. I love 5G collaborative's Portfolio, The Langham Resort they designed for Wade Park is absolutely stunning, and I am just as pleased to see their work on the office towers for the Railhead. Not much is known so far (or from what I could gather) The majority of the information I as able to extract from was from the Koa Partners website/ brochure for the building.

The_Overdog

Re: The Railhead

Postby The_Overdog » 12 Nov 2017 09:52

Looking at the land plan, Im disappointed in the giant parking garages facing the DNT. I wish they would mask them with high-rises or condos

In most of the suburbs, it's against zoning to put housing up against highways due to noise, horrific effects of pollution, etc. Most require a buffer close to 100 yards.

DAFW

Re: The Railhead

Postby DAFW » 12 Nov 2017 20:08

In most of the suburbs, it's against zoning to put housing up against highways due to noise, horrific effects of pollution, etc. Most require a buffer close to 100 yards.

Makes sense, although near the shops of legacy they are putting a 25 story residential tower along the DNT, and its right on the tollway. Its stacked on 6 stories of parking garages which might act as the buffer, If thats the case then they could just as easily do the same concept in the Railhead, put the buildings on top of the garages. Would still be a better use of land than just leaving it as 4 story parking structures.