Legacy West Retail

Tivo_Kenevil

Re: Legacy West

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 04 Nov 2020 22:51

texasstar wrote:
undefinedprocess wrote: What would y'all like to see in the Legacy West area/development itself?

Nothing. I want to see everything new in the area migrate across the 121 to Frisco's Platinum District. :D

I believe it's called the Platinum Corridor. If there ever was a cringe name, this is it.
SoGood takes runner up

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 05 Nov 2020 05:56

Somewhere in Collin County, I'd like to see an arts/cultural/community district of some sort, something that serves the population within 10-12 miles but is complimentary to the institutions in Fort Worth and Dallas.

I'd like to see the vast corporate presence in Plano/Frisco really contribute to the curriculum, endowment and recruitment moxy of UNT, for Collin County campus but especially the Denton campus. With strong and consistent support from the public company world, UNT can make the move to Tier One - certainly needs the help - with the additional financial, decision making and long-term commitment from the corporate world, UNT can get deliver mundane research and academic prestige for the business world, but more importantly the university can become a better music and art university.

The_Overdog

Postby The_Overdog » 05 Nov 2020 12:24

I don't get the feeling Legacy is stalled at all. Plans for more Granite Park towers are in the works, the JC Penny campus stuff is moving forward, and plans for additional residential towers on the east side of DNT & Legacy are still underway. Just be patient.

This one is not tall, but for example:
https://communityimpact.com/dallas-fort ... ness-park/

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 05 Nov 2020 13:31

Does anyone have an update on the Tiffany and Louis Vuitton stores that are coming to Legacy West? When announced back in March, it was said they were to be completed in September and October.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 06 Nov 2020 09:32

Tucy wrote:Does anyone have an update on the Tiffany and Louis Vuitton stores that are coming to Legacy West? When announced back in March, it was said they were to be completed in September and October.

I think construction on the building has taken longer than anticipated. Within the past 2 weeks though they have put up plywood on those spots and put up signage for Tiffany, Louis and another brand which I don't recall right now.

P.S.> Just remembered the other one is Gucci.

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 06 Nov 2020 10:16

Kelley USA wrote:
Tucy wrote:Does anyone have an update on the Tiffany and Louis Vuitton stores that are coming to Legacy West? When announced back in March, it was said they were to be completed in September and October.

I think construction on the building has taken longer than anticipated. Within the past 2 weeks though they have put up plywood on those spots and put up signage for Tiffany, Louis and another brand which I don't recall right now.

P.S.> Just remembered the other one is Gucci.

I haven't even seen the Tiffany signage yet, but I haven't been in Legacy West as often as of late. I do know that Tory Burch is also going in Block H (to the right of Gucci, I believe). Instrata (the new apartments on the west side of Block H) are nearly done, and move-ins are starting soon. I wonder how the office portion of that project is going... Obviously, retail won't be open until spring of 2021, but the residential and office are a lot further along, I believe.

I still want The Campus at Legacy West to happen. https://dallasnews.imgix.net/1525784630-campuslegacywest.jpg

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 06 Nov 2020 11:07

Thanks Kelley and Undefined. Interesting that there has been secrecy about the Gucci and Tory Burch stores. I haven't seen anything in the news and cannot find anything on-line about either.

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 06 Nov 2020 11:23

Tucy wrote:Thanks Kelley and Undefined. Interesting that there has been secrecy about the Gucci and Tory Burch stores. I haven't seen anything in the news and cannot find anything on-line about either.

I believe D Magazine is the only place I've seen anything whatsoever regarding Gucci. A few construction filing sites mention Gucci, but otherwise, I only found out about it through the actual signage that was put up beginning of October.

Also, this question goes to everyone on here, but didn't want to create a new thread (don't want to get yelled at lol)... Would anyone be interested in a Discord server for this kind of stuff? Would love to have a quicker, more candid place to speak about development stuff for those of us who are... beyond obsessed. :?

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 12 Nov 2020 13:59

The_Overdog wrote:I don't get the feeling Legacy is stalled at all. Plans for more Granite Park towers are in the works, the JC Penny campus stuff is moving forward, and plans for additional residential towers on the east side of DNT & Legacy are still underway. Just be patient.

$1 billion Plano redevelopment of former J.C. Penney HQ transfers to lender Beal Bank

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/real-estate/2020/11/11/1-billion-plano-redevelopment-project-transferred-to-lender/

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 16 Nov 2020 09:49

The_Overdog wrote:I don't get the feeling Legacy is stalled at all. Plans for more Granite Park towers are in the works, the JC Penny campus stuff is moving forward, and plans for additional residential towers on the east side of DNT & Legacy are still underway. Just be patient.

This one is not tall, but for example:
https://communityimpact.com/dallas-fort ... ness-park/

Do you have any links to proposals or plans to the future residential towers on the west & east side of DNT (Legacy area) that you're referring to? Just saw this post and I haven't seen anything myself, so I'd love love love to see anything you've seen. I want Legacy to continue to explode... :D

I apologize for overly nerding out lol

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 16 Nov 2020 09:50

Tucy wrote:

$1 billion Plano redevelopment of former J.C. Penney HQ transfers to lender Beal Bank

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/real-estate/2020/11/11/1-billion-plano-redevelopment-project-transferred-to-lender/

I'm sad that The Campus at Legacy West (at least the original plans) are most likely not happening now since all of this has happened... If you were to take a guess, what do you think Beal Bank taking control of this means for the future of the area?

texasstar

Postby texasstar » 21 Nov 2020 21:29

CTroyMathis
Site Admin

Postby CTroyMathis » 22 Nov 2020 15:02

Great photos, Sam!

texasstar

Postby texasstar » 23 Nov 2020 16:15

Thanks, Troy.

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 24 Nov 2020 10:00

Interesting news:

JC Penney Has Quietly Moved Out of its (former) Plano Headquarters
https://www.dallasnews.com/business/ret ... dquarters/

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 24 Nov 2020 10:06

Tucy wrote:Interesting news:

JC Penney Has Quietly Moved Out of its (former) Plano Headquarters
https://www.dallasnews.com/business/ret ... dquarters/

I saw this too! This is some prime real estate they are currently sitting on, I wonder if it could be put to better use.

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 30 Nov 2020 11:38

According to DMN, JC Penney made their HQ exit official. (But I'm not completely convinced; they rejected the lease in bankruptcy court, but I would think they still might enter into a new (much smaller) lease at the current location, rather than go to the expense and disruption of a relocation.)

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/ret ... rt-filing/

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 17 Dec 2020 01:55

Legacy West to add five luxury retailers as it completes its final building with storefronts

"The Plano mixed-used development just completed its final building that will have storefronts on the street level and turned the spaces over to Louis Vuitton, Tiffany & Co., Gucci and Tory Burch....

Another concept that’s new to North Texas, Chanel Fragrance and Beauté boutique, will open in a space vacated by Sugarfina, which closed all of its stores last year. There are only seven Chanel beauty boutiques in the U.S. and one other in Texas at Domain Northside in Austin....

The new building has four spaces that range from 2,060 square feet for Tory Burch to 5,237 square feet for Gucci. Tiffany & Co. will be in 4,132 square feet, and Louis Vuitton will occupy 4,439 square feet."

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/ret ... orefronts/

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 28 Jan 2021 09:17

Just dropping these here in their development's thread, don't mind me.
Legacy West Core.JPG

Legacy from Ohio & 121.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 28 Jan 2021 10:32

Nice pics, that's quite a little skyline that has developed up there.

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 28 Jan 2021 10:42

Tnexster wrote:Nice pics, that's quite a little skyline that has developed up there.

Thank you, I appreciate it! And yes, it is. I love all that Legacy is, as well as Granite Park (and just west Plano period). I really would love to see continued growth and a true Plano skyline to develop. Shame that The Campus at Legacy West redevelopment plans got shot down from a combination of NIMBYs & COVID difficulties. Would've taken Legacy to an entirely different level in my opinion, and I hope that somehow, it still comes to fruition.

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 28 Jan 2021 10:46

Sorry for spamming this thread everyone, but figured I'd drop this photo too. It's from January 13th (been forgetting to post), so facade is probably further along right now, but this is the Reata tower (or at least first one) in the Trammell Crow project at SW corner of Legacy & Communications. Not sure if it's topped out yet or not, either, but really hoping this is one of the ~20+ story towers that are mentioned in the project.
IMG_5552.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 14 Apr 2021 16:45

Some sort of pedestrian "improvements" underway along Legacy Dr over DNT. This is great and all, but I still think the deck park would be huge for the area, and the better long-term play (don't yell at me about its feasibility).
Also, sorry for the bad photo. Know it's somewhat difficult to see what's going on, but I had to take a video and pull a still from it because I saw all that last minute.
What are y'all's thoughts?
IMG_6967.jpg

THRILLHO

Postby THRILLHO » 14 Apr 2021 17:06

Were the deck park plans abandoned? I hadn't heard anything so I just assumed it was going to happen eventually.

Well, this is better than it was before that's for sure. The Legacy developments are so inward facing that it will be difficult to glue them together without a deck park.

Tivo_Kenevil

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 14 Apr 2021 17:54

THRILLHO wrote:Were the deck park plans abandoned? I hadn't heard anything so I just assumed it was going to happen eventually.

Well, this is better than it was before that's for sure. The Legacy developments are so inward facing that it will be difficult to glue them together without a deck park.

I don't see why you want deck park.. there's garages on both sides of legacy.. there's not much to connect to..

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 15 Apr 2021 09:06

Tivo_Kenevil wrote:
THRILLHO wrote:Were the deck park plans abandoned? I hadn't heard anything so I just assumed it was going to happen eventually.

I don't see why you want deck park.. there's garages on both sides of legacy.. there's not much to connect to..

Because in my mind (and I know this is stars align level stuff), build deck park. Check. People love deck park, and companies see that. They see KWP, and they like the fact that Plano's a little cheaper. They want deck park and DNT frontage. Developer make parking garage go boom boom, replace them with something new new!

All joking and caveman-talk aside, but that's literally why. I too hate all of the parking garages along DNT from Spring Creek to Headquarters, and in my fantasy, a deck park would spark a different approach to developments fronting the Tollway.

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 15 Apr 2021 09:29

It's a shame there wasn't more vision in this area initially. You have Legacy West, Shops at Legacy, and Granite Park all reasonably close to each other, but all feel so isolated and separate. I get that they are not all the same developer, but it is still wild to me how hard it is to walk from The Boardwalk on Granite Park to Shops at Legacy.

I also am not expecting much from this 'connection' over DNT. I also don't know if a deck park would have the same appeal as KWP, either. The roads surrounding the hypothetical park would have cars speeding down a lot faster, making it feel a bit more dangerous and less approachable. I'm not really sure enough people care to walk from one side to the other. There are enough things on either side, so I'm guessing people will just pick one side and hang out there for the night.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 15 Apr 2021 11:20

I did like the note that a new Nike prototype store is set to open at Legacy West in May, along with a Free People...

THRILLHO

Postby THRILLHO » 15 Apr 2021 11:50

Tivo_Kenevil wrote:

It's such a short hop and skip from one walkable area to another walkable area, and yet it's psychologically preferable to climb back up the parking garage and get back in your car. The areas don't have to be so cut off from each other when they're so close and when part of their appeal is being walkable once you've hopped out of the car.
But this ain't my part of town so it's no sweat off my back. Just seems like a missed opportunity.

The_Overdog

Postby The_Overdog » 15 Apr 2021 13:15

They aren't that close together in my opinion. It's over a mile from the Granite Park boardwalk to Legacy Drive shops. It's over 1/3 of a mile just to cross the DNT at the Legacy intersection, where the 'deck park' or widened pedestrian crossings are going to be. I honestly think it's going to be the same issues with a place like the Shops at Park Lane for example or I345 downtown - at some point the huge highway is in the way and I'm not sure there are any easy solutions.

vman

Postby vman » 15 Apr 2021 13:29

The_Overdog wrote:They aren't that close together in my opinion. It's over a mile from the Granite Park boardwalk to Legacy Drive shops. It's over 1/3 of a mile just to cross the DNT at the Legacy intersection, where the 'deck park' or widened pedestrian crossings are going to be. I honestly think it's going to be the same issues with a place like the Shops at Park Lane for example or I345 downtown - at some point the huge highway is in the way and I'm not sure there are any easy solutions.

Well, I work in Legacy West and last Friday, it was beautiful outside and I had just discovered there was an Original Chop House located in the Shops at Legacy. I thought about walking over, but once I walked out of Legacy West and looked at the DNT, I walked back to the parking garage and drove to Chop House. I then noticed the pedestrian improvements as I drove, and although it looks very nice, I'm still not sure I would walk from one development to the other. It just looks like an unpleasant, car-dodging walk.

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 15 Apr 2021 13:39

DPatel304 wrote:It's a shame there wasn't more vision in this area initially. You have Legacy West, Shops at Legacy, and Granite Park all reasonably close to each other, but all feel so isolated and separate. I get that they are not all the same developers, but it is still wild to me how hard it is to walk from The Boardwalk on Granite Park to Shops at Legacy.

I also am not expecting much from this 'connection' over DNT. I also don't know if a deck park would have the same appeal as KWP, either. The roads surrounding the hypothetical park would have cars speeding down a lot faster, making it feel a bit more dangerous and less approachable. I'm not really sure enough people care to walk from one side to the other. There are enough things on either side, so I'm guessing people will just pick one side and hang out there for the night.

Sure, it wouldn't have the same KWP effect, because it isn't Dallas. However, I think it would create new momentum, and if the potential to get rid of some of the excessive parking garages lining Dallas Pkwy in Legacy West, as well as on the east side, there'd be a ton of interest. Traffic calming measures on Dallas Pkwy could be implemented. What's very interesting to me is the remaining undeveloped land. I know part of it is owned (or used to be owned) by Ryan LLC. Supposedly, they were going to build a 10-20 story (give or take a few floors) office tower. Not sure if those plans died due to COVID, but they'd been around since 2017. Whether it happens or not, it'll be interesting to see what else goes up on that land at the SW corner of 121/DNT. Pretty decent amount of space, and with frontage to both roads, plus the residential component of Windrose Tower, LVL29, and Windsor Metro West right there, I feel there could be some dining/retail...
Hope it's developed sooner than later, and not just with office. Having a mix down at that "end" of Legacy West would be nice, since it could split foot traffic depending on what theoretically goes up.

itsjrd1964

Postby itsjrd1964 » 20 Apr 2021 12:24

More about the retail activity at Legacy West

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/luxur ... t/2608387/

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 28 May 2021 09:58

Anyone have $450M laying around? Can we crowdfund it through the forum? I'd like to make a purchase.

Former JCPenney headquarters listed for $450M, DMN reports
https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2021/05/27/jcpenney-hq.html

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 16 Jun 2021 09:45

TC is looking to start the second tower in a supposed four-tower complex at the SW corner of Legacy & Communications. First tower is already far along (shared some photos a few months ago so scroll up in the thread for reference). Haven't seen it in awhile but I can only assume facade/glass is nearly done.

The tower that's currently under construction is 21 stories, and this new proposal is 25.

Will be interesting to see how these look on the "skyline." Don't roast me alive for that, I know they're basic TC office towers, I'm just speaking as a photographer who loves to shoot cityscapes.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/real-estate/2021/06/15/developer-crow-co-eyes-new-plano-high-rise-project/

potatocoins

Postby potatocoins » 16 Jun 2021 11:01

undefinedprocess wrote:Will be interesting to see how these look on the "skyline." Don't roast me alive for that, I know they're basic TC office towers, I'm just speaking as a photographer who loves to shoot cityscapes.

Haha, I'd call it a skyline at this point. My parents have a place on Lake Lewisville, and in the distance you can see the skyline forming from the lake. It's quite remarkable to see given that I grew up in Plano when it was just starting to boom in the late 90s.

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 16 Jun 2021 11:05

potatocoins wrote:
undefinedprocess wrote:Will be interesting to see how these look on the "skyline." Don't roast me alive for that, I know they're basic TC office towers, I'm just speaking as a photographer who loves to shoot cityscapes.

Haha, I'd call it a skyline at this point. My parents have a place on Lake Lewisville, and in the distance you can see the skyline forming from the lake. It's quite remarkable to see given that I grew up in Plano when it was just starting to boom in the late 90s.

Oh yeah I know it's a skyline, I just try not to say it too much on here in fear of getting attacked by the northern burb haters. :D

In between McKinney and Princeton, a good 17 miles away from Legacy West/the DNT corridor, I can easily see the Plano/Frisco skyline with the drone just a hundred feet up.

Been trying to find the best spot on Lake Lewisville to get some images of it in the distance, but haven't had any luck yet. Can see the core of it, but not the composition I want.

Lake Lewisville being underutilized and swarmed into oblivion by tract housing is a whole different conversation (and one I'd love to have, tbh).

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 16 Jun 2021 14:40

Really would be nice to have a couple+ towers in the 500' range to make a stronger visual impact for the area.

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 17 Jun 2021 08:49

tamtagon wrote:Really would be nice to have a couple+ towers in the 500' range to make a stronger visual impact for the area.

Oh definitely. I'd love that, but will that ever happen? Not sure, unless I get money lol.

It will be interesting to see Hall Park get redeveloped. Very very interesting, as a few of the residential & office towers on that new master plan are at heights of like 390' and 400', so that'll be great to see in the general area. I believe that proposed residential tower is supposed to be 36 stories, so that'll be cool to see. It'll have a nice little bit of extra height over LVL29.

Anyways, yeah, I'd love to see a few 500 footers go up here, but also many many more 200-350' buildings, just to fill things in (obviously taking "street" level interaction into account). Hopefully, though, if that did happen, it wouldn't be solely office. More residential is needed (and would thrive) over here.

vman

Postby vman » 17 Jun 2021 09:24

I can't find an announcement, but Tiffany's and Louis Vuitton should be opening any day now, maybe today even. I just went downstairs to take a walk and and stores are totally done and look fantastic; paper came off the windows last night I guess. Lots of activity, cameras and "big wigs" inside.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 17 Jun 2021 12:35

vman wrote:I can't find an announcement, but Tiffany's and Louis Vuitton should be opening any day now, maybe today even. I just went downstairs to take a walk and and stores are totally done and look fantastic; paper came off the windows last night I guess. Lots of activity, cameras and "big wigs" inside.

Looks like today...

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/ret ... -openings/

R1070

Postby R1070 » 17 Jun 2021 17:38

It will be interesting to see what other luxury stores set up shop there in the other spots.

acclar11

Postby acclar11 » 17 Jun 2021 21:50

R1070 wrote:It will be interesting to see what other luxury stores set up shop there in the other spots.

If I had to predict who would open in the 4 remaining stores, I would say: Burberry, Montblanc, Bachendorf's, & CH Carolina Herrera.
Personally, I would like for Salvatore Ferragamo, David Yurman, St. John, & Golden Goose to all open second DFW locations, but that might not happen anytime soon :( .

R1070

Postby R1070 » 18 Jun 2021 10:45

I could see Burberry and possibly Kate Spade joining that line up. Those stores seem to follow the ones that have recently opened.

Addison

Postby Addison » 18 Jun 2021 12:55

Does Legacy West even have the space for these other retailers?

At this point, Windrose Avenue is pretty much at full build out.

acclar11

Postby acclar11 » 18 Jun 2021 13:48

Addison wrote:Does Legacy West even have the space for these other retailers?

At this point, Windrose Avenue is pretty much at full build out.

There are four vacant storefronts past Tory Burch, and there are also one or two empty spaces in the older part.

acclar11

Postby acclar11 » 18 Jun 2021 13:52

I also wanted to add this-
I found this PDF online about a year ago that has the original proposed layout of Legacy West, but it looks like several of the retailers backed out/went out of business.

http://properties.cbre.us/legacy-west/a ... teplan.pdf

R1070

Postby R1070 » 18 Jun 2021 21:53

That’s an interesting find. Seeing Uniqlo and COS listed there. I wonder if they will try to find other space in the area at some point.

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 20 Jun 2021 02:20

I want to see Uniqlo, so damn badly.
Also, I think Aesop would be a great addition, at least personally.
I would like to see a cafe or something go in on in one of the spaces on the corner of Headquarters and Windrose, as I think that intersection is well suited for it. Lots of pedestrians going from LVL29, Windrose Tower, and Windsor Metro West so I bet you they’d enjoy that.

Actually, don’t know if it’s even feasible, but I’d love to see the remaining space in Block H (the building where LV, Gucci, etc. are) have a small grocery store. Groceries, basic household items, etc.
1) Do y’all think that’s feasible? Like with the space leftover (think Royal Blue size)..?
2) Would it ever even happen?