Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Kelley USA

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 05 Mar 2021 12:13

After it was long mentioned on this thread, it's official now. Sprouts will be moving into the space right next to Total Wine & More off MacArthur in Las Colinas.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/ret ... ew-stores/

ignition

Postby ignition » 05 Mar 2021 14:51

caddiesense wrote:Signage has already been removed from the Best Buy and the store is closed. Of course, Fry's Electronics is also officially out of business as well but I guess that should probably be in the Cypress Waters thread since it's closer to that.

I would LOVE for 24 Hour Fitness to buy that space where Fry's was and expand their gym. With the 24 Hour Fitness off of 183 closed permanently, that, the Fitness Connection near the Irving mall, and the Las Colinas LA Fitness are the only gyms anywhere in the vicinity of Las Colinas.

The LA Fitness is packed to the gills constantly and the Fitness Connection out near the mall is pretty "rustic" so I would think 24 Hour would want to capitalize on basically having a monopoly on that side of town.

As for not having an electronics store, I don't think anyone is really going to miss it. If you're not already buying your electronics online, I imagine Target, Wal-Mart, and Costco/Sam's Club are the places you'll want to go for in-store shopping.

Super excited about the CHRISTUS building going in - my office overlooks that canal/waterfall area so it'll give me something to stare at when they start construction... although I'm sure the traffic disruptions are going to be a b*tch.

Also excited to hear about the Hudson House going in where Taco Diner was... I was pretty concerned when that shut down. And for those curious, there's a bank (can't recall which one) going in next door to Aspire Allergy in that same plaza (the storefront where Jos. A Bank used to be). Hopefully something will go in where Champps was and fill that plaza back out.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 08 Mar 2021 12:21

ignition wrote:
caddiesense wrote:Signage has already been removed from the Best Buy and the store is closed. Of course, Fry's Electronics is also officially out of business as well but I guess that should probably be in the Cypress Waters thread since it's closer to that.

I would LOVE for 24 Hour Fitness to buy that space where Fry's was and expand their gym. With the 24 Hour Fitness off of 183 closed permanently, that, the Fitness Connection near the Irving mall, and the Las Colinas LA Fitness are the only gyms anywhere in the vicinity of Las Colinas.

The LA Fitness is packed to the gills constantly and the Fitness Connection out near the mall is pretty "rustic" so I would think 24 Hour would want to capitalize on basically having a monopoly on that side of town.

As for not having an electronics store, I don't think anyone is really going to miss it. If you're not already buying your electronics online, I imagine Target, Wal-Mart, and Costco/Sam's Club are the places you'll want to go for in-store shopping.

Super excited about the CHRISTUS building going in - my office overlooks that canal/waterfall area so it'll give me something to stare at when they start construction... although I'm sure the traffic disruptions are going to be a b*tch.

Also excited to hear about the Hudson House going in where Taco Diner was... I was pretty concerned when that shut down. And for those curious, there's a bank (can't recall which one) going in next door to Aspire Allergy in that same plaza (the storefront where Jos. A Bank used to be). Hopefully something will go in where Champps was and fill that plaza back out.

FYI, actually CityVet is going in where Jos. A Bank used to be... That's probably a good location for them! There is a Brazilian Steakhouse scheduled to go into the old Champps space called Brasao. They have 1 location in San Antonio, but apparently opening a 2nd location at the Shops at Legacy. I guess this would be their 3rd? Put me in the category that doesn't understand the fascination with Brazilian Steakhouses. We've actually had 2 close somewhat recently in Las Colinas, so not sure the format is a popular one for Irving. Who knows!

vman

Postby vman » 09 Mar 2021 12:04

ignition wrote:
caddiesense wrote:

24 Hour Fitness is having a tough time right now. I doubt if they'll be expanding anytime soon. I dropped them after probably 15 years right before the pandemic after I discovered Planet Fitness was not only open 24 hours (I work around 4AM), but kept their gyms much cleaner and nicer than 24 Hour. You really notice cleanliness if you shower at the gym the way I do. 24 Hour is notorious for letting their gyms go downhill. Their locker rooms at many, I'll say most, locations are awful.

I'm waiting for Irving to get another Planet Fitness location north of 183. I've been going to the Euless location simply because it's easier to get there for me than south Irving.

But speaking of 24 Hour...anyone know what is being built on the northwest corner of the Valley Ranch location?

cp14

Postby cp14 » 09 Mar 2021 16:35

Looks like a one story office building. Probably a medical office.

https://www.b2bsalesleadstexas.com/january-31

cp14

Postby cp14 » 09 Mar 2021 16:42

Thoughts on residential development in Irving? A lot of the 114, 635 land is filled now. Past 10+ years we’ve had new subdivisions coming one after another - and most are now filled. I can’t think of that many new subdivisions in Irving. There is one being developed by 183/Tom Braniff.

I would love to see 183 areas start to be redeveloped. Especially the mall area. Lots of potential in that area.

ignition

Postby ignition » 11 Mar 2021 11:12

cp14 wrote:Looks like a one story office building. Probably a medical office.

https://www.b2bsalesleadstexas.com/january-31

I would imagine some sort of urgent care or something similar - the moment they added the carport along the north side of the building it dawned on me it was something medical.

ignition

Postby ignition » 11 Mar 2021 11:16

Kelley USA wrote:FYI, actually CityVet is going in where Jos. A Bank used to be... That's probably a good location for them! There is a Brazilian Steakhouse scheduled to go into the old Champps space called Brasao. They have 1 location in San Antonio, but apparently opening a 2nd location at the Shops at Legacy. I guess this would be their 3rd? Put me in the category that doesn't understand the fascination with Brazilian Steakhouses. We've actually had 2 close somewhat recently in Las Colinas, so not sure the format is a popular one for Irving. Who knows!

Oh interesting about CityVet! The people at Aspire clearly don't know their new neighbors :lol: (they were the ones who told me about the bank).

Brasao will be closed, I'm sure, within a few years. There's no desire for one, let alone multiple. And I assume Rodizio Grill is closed permanently, so why the heck wouldn't a new place take over the existing spot and save themselves the build-out?

vman

Postby vman » 16 Mar 2021 10:14

State Bank of Texas is building a new four-story headquarters office near State Highway 114 in Irving.

Construction is set to start later this year on the project in the Las Colinas Urban Center.

State Bank of Texas says it will consolidate operations from Dallas, Chicago and Atlanta in the 48,000-square-foot building that will open in 2023. It will also have a bank retail location on the ground floor.

“We are tremendously pleased to be locating our headquarters in the vibrant Las Colinas Urban Center,” State Bank of Texas CEO Chan Patel said in a statement. “This investment further strengthens our commitment to the Irving/Las Colinas community and allows our business ample room to continue growing.”
State Bank of Texas is a $1 billion assets financial firm that was founded in 1987.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... dquarters/

LocatingLasColinas

Postby LocatingLasColinas » 17 Mar 2021 11:13

I love the input everyone continues to bring to the table!
This forum is a great opportunity to really be in the know within the community! Thank you all for your support and information!

From what I've gathered:

1.) Best buy and Frys are out of business. Leaving two very large commercial vacancies along 635.

2.) Champs, Original Pancake House, Coolriver, Taco Diner, Nemo's, and Jinbeh have all shut down in the food and dining sector.

3.) New Developments and business' include -
Sprouts - Old Steinmart
Dennys - Old Pancake house purposed to be divided into a commercial suite as well.
New Vet office - Old JOS Bank
Brazilian steakhouse - Old champs
Paws Colinas - Sidewalk has been paved. Continue working on Landscaping.
Christus office Towers & SBT - Approved to start building
Indigo Hotel - Approved to build along the Canal
Star park restaurants & hotel - PF Changs to go, Starbucks, Moxies, and Sandman Hotel
Lifetime Fitness - Along Las colinas Blvd and HWY 161

Now that the Las Colinas Urban Center starting to fill out some of the vacant lots:

My questions are..

1.) Any Update on the property across from TMF or are we still had landholding status?
2.) Any word on what the slotted hotel beside the New Indigo will be?
3.) Any news on the Loop 12/183/35 Master Plan?
4.) Anything on what future development could look like across the Dallas university?
5.) Does anyone have any insight on what the master renovation plan will be for the retail area inside the canal of Mandalay towers will be?
6.) Any updates on the Mandalay canals lot owned by Skypass will be across from the Levi, I read the thread about the Hilton hotel, still the same?
7.) Does anyone know what the building BEHIND the previous champs will be?

Also on the land property owned by Verizon along 114, I see they've cleared a path straight into the heart of the wooded area. Any word on what's going on in there? (headed west on 114) before champs.

Hope everyone is doing well! This thread and conversation make my day! Would love to grab coffee with any of you really active users and talk Irving Dev.

My personal email is Derek@PTMRealty.com if anyone is ever interested!
Last edited by LocatingLasColinas on 17 Mar 2021 11:39, edited 1 time in total.

TXGunLover

Postby TXGunLover » 17 Mar 2021 11:28

Behind champs is an embassy suites... Announced 15 years ago I think.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 17 Mar 2021 12:36

I can speak to a few of these... As far as I know Sprouts is actually scheduled to go into the space right next to Total Wine & More. I could be wrong, but that was the initial plan. As far as Star Park, looks like Velvet Taco and Parry's Pizza have also signed leases. PF Chang's To Go is the only tenant to start build-out at this point. Also note that Hudson House as apparently leased the old Taco Diner location...

As for the property across from the TMF, it was purchased by the owner of RealPage. He controls 4 different parcels in that area including the land right behind The Texican Court Hotel. I have friends that work for RealPage who have basically said there is no plan for the property. This is just a real estate holding. As for the retail on the Mandalay canal, there have been no proposals or talk as of this point. Nothing has come before P&Z or Council and no plans have been filed with the State. Probably not happening anytime soon. Same goes for the Skypass property. Nothing has come before P&Z or Council and nothing filed with the State. This project was rumored to have a Conrad by Hilton Hotel, but that seems a bit unrealistic to me. Who knows though!

Not sure about the Verizon property, but my guess is they're building a path to connect to the new Dart Station from the Pioneer HQ. The Verizon project is basically on-hold until a tenant comes along and leases space for a new building.

vman

Postby vman » 17 Mar 2021 14:47

LocatingLasColinas wrote:I love the input everyone continues to bring to the table!
This forum is a great opportunity to really be in the know within the community! Thank you all for your support and information!

1.) Best buy and Frys are out of business. Leaving two very large commercial vacancies along 635.

The Best Buy off 183 is still open. That location closed and moved to a newly built smaller location in the same shopping strip a few years ago. For some reason, the 183 location always seemed to do better business than the 635 one and the staff was more helpful, so I've always preferred that one. I'm looking for a new television, so I'm so glad they're still there. I have lots of points to use!!

Oh and I also noticed the Lowes that closed on the southern side of 183 has reopened as a Lowes Outlet. And the Los Lupes that was located in Irving Mall closed is now remodeling and taking over the closed Taco Bueno on Beltline.

I can't help but think this area of Irving would greatly improve if that mall was closed and redeveloped. A good friend of mine has a lovely home off Country Club on the hills so I visit this area often. I think it's slowly getting better. Plus, there's some really good local food choices down there. There's a Black gentleman that has a food truck open every weekend on Beltline and Country Club and his food is AMAZING. Shoutout to BOUT TYME BBQ!!

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 18 Mar 2021 11:03

9Round Boxing has also leased space at Las Colinas Village. That's almost 10K sf of new leased space. I do like that the new owners are taking a more upscale approach to leasing. There's a difference when a company both owns and leases a property. Good to see some positive signs here!

CTroyMathis
Site Admin

Postby CTroyMathis » 18 Mar 2021 14:56

I've only recently noticed the boxing-type fitness center trend, if that is what it is. I've seen 3 different coming soon locations for the Mayweather-branded one and now this one. Has it been going on for awhile now? I'm going guess it has just been under my radar.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 07 Apr 2021 10:33

The new Dart Station at Hidden Ridge will open on Monday April 12th... Not really sure how many people this is going to serve, since the Hidden Ridge Development is basically on-hold pending a tenant. Perhaps a few of the workers from the nearby apartments or Pioneer Natural Resources will use it??

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/transpo ... next-week/

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 23 Apr 2021 11:01

Here's a video on the Williams Square plaza renovation. Should start fairly soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRdd4h6gyOY&t=1s

Also, just a few other notes. As of today only PF Chang's To Go & Starbucks have pulled any permits or registered with the State for build-out at Star Park. My assumption is Velvet Taco and Parry's Pizza may have pulled out? The complex has been complete for at least 6 weeks and there's virtually no activity. In fact, Lincoln Property has put leasing signs in pretty much every space and their site plan hasn't been updated in about 14 months.

Also, construction on the Embassey Suites (behind the old Champps) has basically come to a halt. Only a few workers on site each day. They got up 2 floors and then things stalled out. It's been a good month since any additional vertical work has happened. So, not exactly sure what's going on.

Looks like the only location having some success is the Las Colinas Village with the signing of Hudson House, CityVet and Round 9. Nothing new to report at Water Street or TMF.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 27 Apr 2021 09:18

CHRISTUS Health has registered their New HQ with the State. Project is valued at $107 million.

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/

On the same note, BOKA Powell has updated their website showing this project. It will be 15 stories with a 10 story parking garage. Lots of new photos on the site. Construction set to start in June.

http://www.bokapowell.com/project/chris ... dquarters/

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 27 Apr 2021 12:33

Kelley USA wrote:CHRISTUS Health has registered their New HQ with the State. Project is valued at $107 million.

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/

On the same note, BOKA Powell has updated their website showing this project. It will be 15 stories with a 10 story parking garage. Lots of new photos on the site. Construction set to start in June.

http://www.bokapowell.com/project/chris ... dquarters/

Kinda cool. Nothing special, but hey, at least it's not a standard rectangular box. If only they'd integrate the garage... Oh well, that's asking too much. Site selection is cool though.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 29 Apr 2021 13:34

Another good win for Las Colinas! Caterpillar moving its Electric Power Division to Las Colinas and bringing several hundred jobs. They'll be taking multiple floors in Williams Square.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... fice-move/

TXGunLover

Postby TXGunLover » 29 Apr 2021 13:38

Alamo Drafthouse will re-open in July.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 10 May 2021 13:31

The Hotel Indigo has registered with the State... $18 million project. Construction scheduled to start in July.

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/ ... 2021015248

https://www.type-six.com/

quixomniac

Postby quixomniac » 10 May 2021 17:58

Kelley USA wrote:The Hotel Indigo has registered with the State... $18 million project. Construction scheduled to start in July.

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/ ... 2021015248

https://www.type-six.com/

Nice. Wish the APT elevated people mover on the left was automated instead of running 6 to 6pm only. It would benefit all the developments and residents surrounding it, instead of empty bridge littering the landscape.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jeffbrown2002

Postby jeffbrown2002 » 21 May 2021 20:54

quixomniac wrote:Nice. Wish the APT elevated people mover on the left was automated instead of running 6 to 6pm only. It would benefit all the developments and residents surrounding it, instead of empty bridge littering the landscape.

The Dallas County Utility and Reclamation District (the agency responsible for maintaining the Las Colinas APT) was looking into automating and other improvements to make the system more useful as recently as last year. Anybody's guess as to whether they'll actually follow through though:

https://www.dcurd.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Las-Colinas-APT-Technology-Upgrade-and-Expansion-Project-RFI.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

quixomniac

Postby quixomniac » 22 May 2021 00:34

jeffbrown2002 wrote:The Dallas County Utility and Reclamation District (the agency responsible for maintaining the Las Colinas APT) was looking into automating and other improvements to make the system more useful as recently as last year. Anybody's guess as to whether they'll actually follow through though:

Wow! a direct answer with concrete information, the type of quality posts you can't get anywhere else other than this forum. thanks alot!

Hopefully it pans out and it merits an expansion of the system around the rest of las colinas. Ideally along lake carolyn parkway too. It only goes to one dart station right? It should go to both of them.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 02 Jun 2021 14:49

CHRISTUS Health breaks ground on future Las Colinas headquarters

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... rters.html

On Thursday morning, CHRISTUS Health will break ground on its new build-to-suit headquarters in Las Colinas.

The 15-story, 456,000-square-foot facility will be located on a 4.2-acre parcel of land at the northwest corner of N. O’Connor and W. Las Colinas boulevards. The multinational health care system finalized its purchased the land in February from State Bank of Texas, which has plans for its own future headquarters next door.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 02 Jun 2021 15:14

It's going to be great to see some vertical construction in the Urban Center! Should be a nice project.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 03 Jun 2021 10:46

Looks like Spec's will be taking over the former Best Buy on 635 (25K sf). That's such a weird little shopping center. I never really understood why Dick's Sporting Goods and Best Buy opened up shop here. Access is not all that easy into the center, and it was oddly designed to slightly face away from 635. Now don't get me wrong, I went to that Dick's Sporting Goods ALL THE TIME.

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/ ... 2021016902

THRILLHO

Postby THRILLHO » 03 Jun 2021 12:38

Kelley USA wrote:It's going to be great to see some vertical construction in the Urban Center! Should be a nice project.

I always find myself cheering on any sort of development in this area just for the APT, to drive more use of those cute little trains and keep them running.

It's a miracle the APT wasn't decommissioned ages ago, yet it's still hanging on to its 80's urbanist dream. I wish we had more of them.
With the DART connection it reminds me of the original city plans for Epcot, which would have had heavy citywide train lines connecting to short neighborhood people-mover systems all over the place.

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 03 Jun 2021 13:33

THRILLHO wrote:
Kelley USA wrote:It's going to be great to see some vertical construction in the Urban Center! Should be a nice project.

I always find myself cheering on any sort of development in this area just for the APT, to drive more use of those cute little trains and keep them running.

It's a miracle the APT wasn't decommissioned ages ago, yet it's still hanging on to its 80's urbanist dream. I wish we had more of them.
With the DART connection it reminds me of the original city plans for Epcot, which would have had heavy citywide train lines connecting to short neighborhood people-mover systems all over the place.

As young as I am and as little exposure as I've had to anything Epcot related, the people movers & trains have always struck me the most. I can't believe the APT hasn't been decommissioned too, and didn't know about it for awhile, but damn is it cool. I really hope it stays around. I would love to see more incredibly similar systems around different parts of DFW, obviously modernized. Long live the APT. :D

THRILLHO

Postby THRILLHO » 03 Jun 2021 14:35

undefinedprocess wrote:As young as I am and as little exposure as I've had to anything Epcot related, the people movers & trains have always struck me the most. I can't believe the APT hasn't been decommissioned too, and didn't know about it for awhile, but damn is it cool. I really hope it stays around. I would love to see more incredibly similar systems around different parts of DFW, obviously modernized. Long live the APT. :D

The history of epcot (and disneyland itself) is intensely fascinating for folks interested in city planning/urban design. EPCOT was to have all heavy roadways buried beneath the city with an interconnected system of people-movers above ground linked to a monorail. This was to leave ground-level for pedestrian activity and eliminate the need for cars. EPCOT is super cool from a transportation design pov, but the political reality of it as an actual city would have been an undemocratic, autocratic dystopian nightmare lol.
If you're interested, this is a good read:
https://www.amazon.com/Walt-Disney-Promise-Progress-City/dp/1941500269/

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 04 Jun 2021 09:14

THRILLHO wrote:
undefinedprocess wrote:As young as I am and as little exposure as I've had to anything Epcot related, the people movers & trains have always struck me the most. I can't believe the APT hasn't been decommissioned too, and didn't know about it for awhile, but damn is it cool. I really hope it stays around. I would love to see more incredibly similar systems around different parts of DFW, obviously modernized. Long live the APT. :D

The history of epcot (and disneyland itself) is intensely fascinating for folks interested in city planning/urban design. EPCOT was to have all heavy roadways buried beneath the city with an interconnected system of people-movers above ground linked to a monorail. This was to leave ground-level for pedestrian activity and eliminate the need for cars. EPCOT is super cool from a transportation design pov, but the political reality of it as an actual city would have been an undemocratic, autocratic dystopian nightmare lol.
If you're interested, this is a good read:
https://www.amazon.com/Walt-Disney-Promise-Progress-City/dp/1941500269/

Hahaha yeah from the small (more than most, probably) time and research I've put into Epcot, I've gathered that it'd really be a dystopia. However, I do think monorail/people movers could and should be utilized more. Just another mode of transportation for urban environments. Thanks for the book recommendation, will have to check it out!

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 08 Jun 2021 10:54

Looks like KDC is starting to market some of the North Shore property...

https://kdc.com/our-work/north-shore-la ... ban-center

ajderry2017

Postby ajderry2017 » 08 Jun 2021 22:45

Kelley USA wrote:Looks like KDC is starting to market some of the North Shore property...

Speaking of, and this is just me dreaming, wouldn’t this concept be perfect for Lake Carolyn? They have them in Europe

vman

Postby vman » 09 Jun 2021 08:46

ajderry2017 wrote:
Kelley USA wrote:Looks like KDC is starting to market some of the North Shore property...

Speaking of, and this is just me dreaming, wouldn’t this concept be perfect for Lake Carolyn? They have them in Europe

What if you have to go to the restroom?

TXGunLover

Postby TXGunLover » 09 Jun 2021 08:48

vman wrote:
ajderry2017 wrote:

What if you have to go to the restroom?

You do the same thing you do tubing... what else would you do? :D

TXGunLover

Postby TXGunLover » 23 Jun 2021 10:31

Paws Colinas opened Friday with an open house celebration last Saturday.

vman

Postby vman » 24 Jun 2021 10:43

Kelley USA wrote:Looks like PF Chang's To Go will be the first tenant to start build-out at Star Park. I didn't know this was a business model for them. They'll be taking 1800sf for a takeout & delivery only restaurant. My assumption is it'll go right next to where Starbucks is going in.

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/ ... 2021007659

The signage is up on Starbucks and the PF Chang's To Go. I drove by and it looks like both could be opening pretty soon.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 24 Jun 2021 11:04

vman wrote:
Kelley USA wrote:Looks like PF Chang's To Go will be the first tenant to start build-out at Star Park. I didn't know this was a business model for them. They'll be taking 1800sf for a takeout & delivery only restaurant. My assumption is it'll go right next to where Starbucks is going in.

The signage is up on Starbucks and the PF Chang's To Go. I drove by and it looks like both could be opening pretty soon.

Yes, both have been hiring and both should be open soon (perhaps late July / early August). Sadly, none of the other retail space has been leased. Hopefully PFC & Starbucks can create a little energy.

Also looks like Las Colinas Village has leased the old Blue Fish space to something called Michael's of Las Colinas. Pretty spare website thus far and not much info. From the photos on the site it looks like they plan on keeping the build-out as-is. From people I know in the restaurant business, they generally will tell you how important it is to change the interior of a space if you take over a former restaurant. They're also taking 8K square feet of space, which ain't cheap for a new restaurant. So who knows about these people?!

https://www.michaelsoflascolinas.com/

Also, Zalat Pizza & Fajita Pete's have both leased space in Las Colinas.

https://www.michaelsoflascolinas.com/

vman

Postby vman » 28 Jun 2021 10:53

Kelley USA wrote:
vman wrote:

Yes, both have been hiring and both should be open soon (perhaps late July / early August). Sadly, none of the other retail space has been leased. Hopefully PFC & Starbucks can create a little energy.

PF Changs To Go opens today.

https://www.dallasnews.com/food/restaur ... ens-today/

caddiesense

Postby caddiesense » 28 Jun 2021 23:36

Correct. PF Changs opened today. I had takeout from there tonight.

TXGunLover

Postby TXGunLover » 29 Jun 2021 06:39

caddiesense wrote:Correct. PF Changs opened today. I had takeout from there tonight.

So weird.... They just have Pei Wei's items for slightly more dollars. Very disappointed.

caddiesense

Postby caddiesense » 29 Jun 2021 18:14

TXGunLover wrote:
caddiesense wrote:Correct. PF Changs opened today. I had takeout from there tonight.

So weird.... They just have Pei Wei's items for slightly more dollars. Very disappointed.

I personally like Pei Wei's food better, but thought I'd support a new opening. KellyUSA's timeline would likely have been better -- late July/early August. You could tell it was a rushed opening.

TXGunLover

Postby TXGunLover » 29 Jun 2021 18:17

They're the same recipes by the same company.

vman

Postby vman » 30 Jun 2021 08:41

caddiesense wrote:
TXGunLover wrote:

I personally like Pei Wei's food better, but thought I'd support a new opening. KellyUSA's timeline would likely have been better -- late July/early August. You could tell it was a rushed opening.

I tried it as well. It was ok, nothing special. I did like it better than Pei Wei, which I've never been that crazy about.

vman

Postby vman » 30 Jun 2021 08:48

I also noticed there's an apartment building going up on Beltline near Walnut, next to the QuikTrip. It looks like there may be retail on the lower level. I assumed all of the new residential around Beltline was going to be strictly single-family, so I was a little surprised to see this going up.

LasCo

Postby LasCo » 30 Jun 2021 09:11

TXGunLover wrote:They're the same recipes by the same company.

I believe that’s the new ‘Luxe at Las Colinas’ senior living community complex…I was not aware that it has retail on first floor. Since it strategically sits on high point, it appears taller and more prominent at that pivotal location of Las Colinas!

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 30 Jun 2021 10:34

Pei Wei and PF Chang are not the same company.

TXGunLover

Postby TXGunLover » 30 Jun 2021 10:41

Tucy wrote:

Pei Wei and PF Chang are not the same company.

The restaurant chain was created as Pei Wei Asian Diner in 2000 by P. F. Chang's China Bistro (PFCB) to compete in the fast casual restaurant segment with a Pan Asian menu and quick, made-to-order service model, while P. F. Chang's remained in the full-service restaurant segment.

They were spun off in 2017, but continue to use the same suppliers, ingredients and recipes.

LasCo

Postby LasCo » 03 Jul 2021 09:29

Does anyone have an update on the Las Colinas Urban Center Wayfinding/signage project? I love the idea that the signage strategically categorizes the urban center footprint into 5 unique zones. Other than a few at Convention Center, I have not seen these pop up at any other location so far!

https://assets.simpleviewinc.com/simple ... e745ae.pdf