Las Colinas/North Irving Development

bozekimb94

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby bozekimb94 » 15 Sep 2022 19:02

Is there any word as to when this development will be completed?

quote="vman"]
TXGunLover wrote:
lwtx wrote:Say Kelley, looks like construction has started again on the site at Bush Tpk and Las Colinas Blvd (where Market Street was going to be). Any idea what’s planned now? I’m guessing retail since there’s a “For Lease” sign by the road. Good to see movement again after they dozed the trees then stopped.

Lifetime fitness...

Is Lifetime the only thing going there? The entire plot of land has been cleared and it's a huge space.[/quote]

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 16 Sep 2022 09:24

bozekimb94 wrote:Is there any word as to when this development will be completed?

quote="vman"]
TXGunLover wrote:
lwtx wrote:Say Kelley, looks like construction has started again on the site at Bush Tpk and Las Colinas Blvd (where Market Street was going to be). Any idea what’s planned now? I’m guessing retail since there’s a “For Lease” sign by the road. Good to see movement again after they dozed the trees then stopped.

Lifetime fitness...

Is Lifetime the only thing going there? The entire plot of land has been cleared and it's a huge space.
[/quote]

No, to date there will also be an Outback Steakhouse, Frost Bank and a 7-11 up on the corner. Looks to be one off the new prototype 7-11's that has the Laredo Taco Co. located inside. There are 5 - 6 additional pad sites, so more tenants will be coming. Hopefully a few more restaurants, but this development isn't really super exciting. It's a complete letdown from the previous 3 - 4 proposals. This was one of my favorite proposals:

https://www.behance.net/gallery/1146194 ... as-Colinas

TXGunLover

Postby TXGunLover » 26 Sep 2022 12:33

Kelley USA wrote:
bozekimb94 wrote:Is there any word as to when this development will be completed?

quote="vman"]
TXGunLover wrote:Lifetime fitness...

Is Lifetime the only thing going there? The entire plot of land has been cleared and it's a huge space.

No, to date there will also be an Outback Steakhouse, Frost Bank and a 7-11 up on the corner. Looks to be one off the new prototype 7-11's that has the Laredo Taco Co. located inside. There are 5 - 6 additional pad sites, so more tenants will be coming. Hopefully a few more restaurants, but this development isn't really super exciting. It's a complete letdown from the previous 3 - 4 proposals. This was one of my favorite proposals:

https://www.behance.net/gallery/1146194 ... as-Colinas[/quote]
Yes, in general it's a disappointing site.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 10 Oct 2022 09:21

Wells Fargo has officially purchased land on Lake Carolyn. I'm guessing we're probably still 6 - 12 months from seeing any activity here, but good to see things are still progressing.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... ng-campus/

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 11 Oct 2022 11:28

Official announcement from the State of Texas, including comments from Gov Abbott, Irving Mayor and Wells Fargo spokesperson. Now just looking for those finalized renderings. :)

https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/governo ... -in-irving

Pukar2000

Postby Pukar2000 » 12 Oct 2022 08:40

It’s about to officially get Ritzy in Las Colinas! Four Seasons will certainly be taken over by Ritz Carlton in 2024.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/ ... ernational

Pukar2000

Postby Pukar2000 » 12 Oct 2022 08:42

Are they building only the Sandman Signature hotel or also the Sutton hotel in Star Park together? Both are Canadian chain of hotels. The entire perimeter seems to be blocked off; so I remain hopeful.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 12 Oct 2022 09:18

Pukar2000 wrote:It’s about to officially get Ritzy in Las Colinas! Four Seasons will certainly be taken over by Ritz Carlton in 2024.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/ ... ernational

Yep, sounds like it's going to be great! Nice $55 million investment into the property. Looking forward to the new John Tesar Knife Italian and his Burger Bar concept. Should be great additions!

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 12 Oct 2022 09:20

Pukar2000 wrote:Are they building only the Sandman Signature hotel or also the Sutton hotel in Star Park together? Both are Canadian chain of hotels. The entire perimeter seems to be blocked off; so I remain hopeful.

Right now, it is just the Sandman Signature. They have not pulled any permits for the Sutton (both concepts are owned by Northland Properties). The only question pertaining to the Sandman is if they're still going to include a Moxie's. Last I heard it was going to be a last-minute decision as to if it's included or not. I do think Moxie's would do very well here though!

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 12 Oct 2022 15:53

I was worried the property would downgrade, but sure seems the opposite is happening! That's great!

cp14

Postby cp14 » 13 Oct 2022 15:57

Pukar2000

Postby Pukar2000 » 05 Dec 2022 23:13

Anyone know what is being built in the tiny green space behind the ‘Stand Up Paddle’ (SUP) hut and sorta under the new/unused APT station at the Water Street property? More retail (per original design renderings) or just more parking spaces?

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 06 Dec 2022 09:22

Pukar2000 wrote:Anyone know what is being built in the tiny green space behind the ‘Stand Up Paddle’ (SUP) hut and sorta under the new/unused APT station at the Water Street property? More retail (per original design renderings) or just more parking spaces?

Well sadly it's just going to be more parking. They're also putting in additional parking in the little green space right by the pet store (or whatever that is). Not too much going on in Irving / Las Colinas at the moment.

vman

Postby vman » 06 Dec 2022 10:39

Kelley USA wrote:
Pukar2000 wrote:A
'Not too much going on in Irving / Las Colinas at the moment.

Ain't that the truth. I saw a new Spectrum store opening in the Whole Foods shopping strip. This has to be the lamest Whole Food anchored shopping strip I've ever seen.

Oh, but Dave's Hot Chicken is open off 635. It's really good; so there's that.

Addison

Postby Addison » 06 Dec 2022 10:45

vman wrote:
Kelley USA wrote:

Ain't that the truth. I saw a new Spectrum store opening in the Whole Foods shopping strip. This has to be the lamest Whole Food anchored shopping strip I've ever seen.

Not too much going on anywhere aside from the area along DNT from SR 121 to Highway 380 (Frisco).

It sucks...

CTroyMathis
Site Admin

Postby CTroyMathis » 06 Dec 2022 12:47

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 06 Dec 2022 13:29

CTroyMathis wrote:https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/Project/TABS2023006840 Info re: Wells Fargo

Just saw that! They're actually starting sooner than I thought, assuming they actually do start in January. It'll be fun to watch this one go up. Looking forward to seeing some more / better renderings too.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 06 Dec 2022 13:33

vman wrote:
Kelley USA wrote:

I did notice that Sleep Number has closed in that shopping center. Hopefully they'll be able to attract a cool little restaurant or something. That Dave's Hot Chicken seems pretty busy whenever I drive by. Good for them!

Only other things I've really noticed, is that build-out for Tupelo Honey is underway at Star Park. Also, Fogo de Cho is looking to build a standalone restaurant on 635 on the corner right next to the 7-11 HQ. It's technically part of Cypress Waters, but it comes before council this Thursday.

TXGunLover

Postby TXGunLover » 09 Dec 2022 10:14

vman wrote:
Kelley USA wrote:

We're lucky to have the Whole Foods, they nearly canceled the project right before opening and it remains their lowest revenue store in DFW.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 09 Dec 2022 11:16

TXGunLover wrote:
vman wrote:
Kelley USA wrote:

We're lucky to have the Whole Foods, they nearly canceled the project right before opening and it remains their lowest revenue store in DFW.

I do remember it took them quite some time to finally commit. The initial rumor was the developer was negotiating with both WF and Central Market. But I do know folks within the City, and people at CBRE that lease the property, have indicated this is actually a high-volume store for WF. CBRE even markets the property as a high-volume WF anchored center. I do know it always seems to be packed when I drive by.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 09 Dec 2022 11:17

Found this on the Corgan website. It's clearly the old Texas Stadium site, and I'm sure this plan is super old, but neat to see the possibilities. Assuming this may have been part of the Irving pitch for Amazon HQ2.

https://www.corgan.com/projects/project ... evelopment

vman

Postby vman » 09 Dec 2022 13:19

Kelley USA wrote:Found this on the Corgan website. It's clearly the old Texas Stadium site, and I'm sure this plan is super old, but neat to see the possibilities. Assuming this may have been part of the Irving pitch for Amazon HQ2.

https://www.corgan.com/projects/project ... evelopment

No pictures of that "signature" bridge over 114? I can't stand that thing. It looks like a 10-year-old designed it.

TXGunLover

Postby TXGunLover » 14 Dec 2022 19:14

Kelley USA wrote:
TXGunLover wrote:
vman wrote:

I do remember it took them quite some time to finally commit. The initial rumor was the developer was negotiating with both WF and Central Market. But I do know folks within the City, and people at CBRE that lease the property, have indicated this is actually a high-volume store for WF. CBRE even markets the property as a high-volume WF anchored center. I do know it always seems to be packed when I drive by.

It's actually the lowest producing store in DFW. HEB was never interested despite being begged go join the discussion.

TXGunLover

Postby TXGunLover » 16 Dec 2022 15:53

Strange things are afoot at the Frys :)

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 19 Dec 2022 10:08

TXGunLover wrote:Strange things are afoot at the Frys :)

Yes, I can speak to that. That location is being turned into 2 separate tracts. The Fry's will be turned into indoor storage units. The outside of the building will be completely refaced. The south tract, closest to 635, will be developed as retail (1 large tenant). Speculation is that Costco will be the tenant on that tract, but could change.

Addison

Postby Addison » 19 Dec 2022 12:13

Kelley USA wrote:

Yes, I can speak to that. That location is being turned into 2 separate tracts. The Fry's will be turned into indoor storage units. The outside of the building will be completely refaced. The south tract, closest to 635, will be developed as retail (1 large tenant). Speculation is that Costco will be the tenant on that tract, but could change.

It begs the question of what wil happen to either the Southlake or Lewisville Costco if that is true. They're all kind of close to each other.

TXGunLover

Postby TXGunLover » 20 Dec 2022 11:32

Kelley USA wrote:

That's not the retailer I was told that was in the NDA, but time will tell. Costco would be nice to not drive to the Southlake one (the Lewisville one is always poorly stocked).

Addison

Postby Addison » 20 Dec 2022 14:52

TXGunLover wrote:
Kelley USA wrote:

That's not the retailer I was told that was in the NDA, but time will tell. Costco would be nice to not drive to the Southlake one (the Lewisville one is always poorly stocked).

Could it be H-E-B? :mrgreen:

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 28 Dec 2022 09:56

I meant to post this earlier, but the entire 300 acre Exxon Mobil campus has been purchased by Capital Commercial Investments. They're hoping to create a luxury master-planned community that will help attract additional Fortune 500 companies. We'll see what comes of it, but could be promising. Same company that also purchased the JC Penny HQ in Plano.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... -investor/

TXGunLover

Postby TXGunLover » 28 Dec 2022 18:29

Copper & Vine is replacing Fish City Grill.

coppernvine.com
Last edited by TXGunLover on 01 Feb 2023 12:41, edited 2 times in total.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 29 Dec 2022 10:32

TXGunLover wrote:Copper & Vine is replacing Fish City Grill.

Never heard of it... Just a one-off restaurant from a local company?

Addison

Postby Addison » 29 Dec 2022 11:04

Kelley USA wrote:
TXGunLover wrote:Copper & Vine is replacing Fish City Grill.

Never heard of it... Just a one-off restaurant from a local company?

There is a restaurant called Copper Vine in New Orleans.

Not sure if they're affiliated with this supposed place
in Las Colinas...

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 03 Jan 2023 14:05

Looks like The Gingerman is on the way out. A new restaurant called Tivona will be taking over the space. Could be that maybe The Gingerman will be moving into the old Ouzi space, as that space does have a LOI on it?? I think it would be missed if it closed all together.

homeworld1031tx

Postby homeworld1031tx » 03 Jan 2023 15:51

TXGunLover wrote:

That's surprising to hear. I'd have guessed the Lakewood Whole Foods is the lowest performing store. That place is dead.

TXGunLover

Postby TXGunLover » 08 Jan 2023 19:37

Fogo de Chao is taking over the old Walk-ons it seems.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 09 Jan 2023 09:08

TXGunLover wrote:Fogo de Chao is taking over the old Walk-ons it seems.

I know they just approved a new ground-up build for Fogo on the other side of 635 (right on the corner near the 7-11 HQ, where the new Green Acres nursery is opening). But I guess they could save a little bit of $$ if they revamped the Walk-ons. But they just approved the new build a month ago.

TXGunLover

Postby TXGunLover » 09 Jan 2023 10:12

Kelley USA wrote:
TXGunLover wrote:Fogo de Chao is taking over the old Walk-ons it seems.

I know they just approved a new ground-up build for Fogo on the other side of 635 (right on the corner near the 7-11 HQ, where the new Green Acres nursery is opening). But I guess they could save a little bit of $$ if they revamped the Walk-ons. But they just approved the new build a month ago.

I misread the January 2023 development map location. Surprised since there are already like 23 Brazilian steakhouses in Las Colinas that are always empty... including the new one in the old Champps...

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 17 Jan 2023 09:14

Watching a presentation on the Wells Fargo project, better renderings than what I have seen so far. Looks like the buildings will at least look better than I thought. Not sure I knew they have space for four towers but may have just missed that. Looks like all four would be the same. Of course the garage is gigantic at 4000 spaces. Landscaping looks good, lots of focus on that during the presentation.

CTroyMathis
Site Admin

Postby CTroyMathis » 17 Jan 2023 10:00

The garage is absolutely ridiculous. And, lol to the 23 empty Brazilian steakhouses. That was low-key funny as hell.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 17 Jan 2023 10:08

CTroyMathis wrote:The garage is absolutely ridiculous. And, lol to the 23 empty Brazilian steakhouses. That was low-key funny as hell.

And I am fairly sure the garage is just the first of two. of they move on to phases 3 & 4.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 17 Jan 2023 11:50

Is the presentation online to view anywhere? I was hoping some additional renderings would show the project to be a bit better than what has already been shown. I'm sort of torn on the garage. I think maybe I do like having the garage on the outskirts instead of in the middle of the development?? But was really hoping for more height on this project. Seems like a pretty disappointing design for the high-visibility parcel.

And yes, the entire Wells Fargo project could grow to 1.6 million sf. There have been rumors of a HQ move once the project nears completion, but I'm not sure I'm totally buying into that.

Addison

Postby Addison » 17 Jan 2023 12:21

Kelley USA wrote:Is the presentation online to view anywhere? I was hoping some additional renderings would show the project to be a bit better than what has already been shown. I'm sort of torn on the garage. I think maybe I do like having the garage on the outskirts instead of in the middle of the development?? But was really hoping for more height on this project. Seems like a pretty disappointing design for the high-visibility parcel.

And yes, the entire Wells Fargo project could grow to 1.6 million sf. There have been rumors of a HQ move once the project nears completion, but I'm not sure I'm totally buying into that.

It would make sense though

DFW is amongst Wells Fargo's largest market, we have their largest share of employees outside of Charlotte (and maybe SF), the top brass is already in NYC and it would be on brand with all the other HQs fleeing California for Texas because of much lower taxes.

It's for many of those same reasons I see Goldman Sachs eventually relocating their HQ here as well.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 17 Jan 2023 12:31

Kelley USA wrote:Is the presentation online to view anywhere? I was hoping some additional renderings would show the project to be a bit better than what has already been shown. I'm sort of torn on the garage. I think maybe I do like having the garage on the outskirts instead of in the middle of the development?? But was really hoping for more height on this project. Seems like a pretty disappointing design for the high-visibility parcel.

No it was still considered confidential and they didn't want details in the presentation shared.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 18 Jan 2023 10:27

Curious why they'd be so secretive about the details when they're ready to break ground ASAP? I mean the fencing is already up and a construction trailer is already on site. Always thought Las Colinas had the ability to attract other development like this had they not given up all that land to apartment developers.

Addison

Postby Addison » 18 Jan 2023 11:57

Kelley USA wrote:Curious why they'd be so secretive about the details when they're ready to break ground ASAP? I mean the fencing is already up and a construction trailer is already on site. Always thought Las Colinas had the ability to attract other development like this had they not given up all that land to apartment developers.

It gives them sort of an out from a PR standpoint if they have to cancel / abandon the project before moving in (which, given the curent state of the economy and Wells Fargo's precarious situation from an operational standpoint, I wouldn't be entirely surprised if that happens).

But I do agree with you about land usage. Some municipalities are just so desperate to get any type of revenue-generating development on vacant land ASAP that they settle for anything, without good foresight for what the future could bring.

Same thing's kind of happening as of late too around the Galleria / Addison / Farmers Branch.

Pukar2000

Postby Pukar2000 » 18 Jan 2023 14:36

I’m wondering if the current project plan stays as-is, 2 of 4 WF towers and the apartment complex on the peninsula with 1 of 2 WF garage across the street. Perhaps, they are planning the 3rd and 4th WF towers and the 2nd garage on the last peninsula in Northshore space? It is possible that there may be room for another project to also get squished in there, such as more office, apartments, retail or a hotel! Just a thought…

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 27 Jan 2023 09:29

So looks like not all is lost for The Gingerman. It appears they'll actually be moving into a much smaller space. They'll be taking over the El Famoso spot, which is only about 1800sf with a much smaller patio. But assuming this may be a better fit for them!

txjdirv

Postby txjdirv » 30 Jan 2023 16:45

The Keg restaurant next to The Ranch is boarded up and Red, Hot, and Blue has a lease sign in the window. The building that housed The Keg would be a great Trader Joe's location. Here's hoping! :lol:

Pukar2000

Postby Pukar2000 » 30 Jan 2023 17:40

txjdirv wrote:The Keg restaurant next to The Ranch is boarded up and Red, Hot, and Blue has a lease sign in the window. The building that housed The Keg would be a great Trader Joe's location. Here's hoping! :lol:

I’d prefer to see Trader Joe’s find a spot in the Urban Center. The Masterplan does call for a grocery store within the Urban Center…alas!

R1070

Postby R1070 » 30 Jan 2023 18:35

But the Keg isn't in the Urban Center. Kroger and Whole Foods are right up MacArthur from there, so not sure Trader Joes would go in, but would be nice.