Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Kelley USA

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 07 Jun 2023 15:08

J Crew is coming to Las Colinas. Really liking the new approach at MacArthur Park with Sephora, James Avery, Victoria's Secret.

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/ ... 2023020915

R1070

Postby R1070 » 07 Jun 2023 16:52

Yea... I wish they'd expand on this and open more of this type of retail. The area has the money and workers to support some nice shops.

TXGunLover

Postby TXGunLover » 12 Jul 2023 11:37

I think it's safe to say, other than the storage rental aspect of the Fry's property, the project is stalled- nothing related to HEB/Costco/etc. in that area since January.

vman

Postby vman » 12 Jul 2023 12:18

TXGunLover wrote:I think it's safe to say, other than the storage rental aspect of the Fry's property, the project is stalled- nothing related to HEB/Costco/etc. in that area since January.

I'm still keeping my hopes up :lol: .

I did notice some materials in the parking lot of the old movie theater north of the Walmart (Valley Ranch). Anyone heard if anything is going on there? The old theater and Fry's are two huge properties just sitting vacant out there...and I heard a rumor that 24 Hour Fitness is next.

The Green Acres nursery is a great addition to Irving btw.

TXGunLover

Postby TXGunLover » 18 Jul 2023 10:21

vman wrote:
TXGunLover wrote:I think it's safe to say, other than the storage rental aspect of the Fry's property, the project is stalled- nothing related to HEB/Costco/etc. in that area since January.

I did notice some materials in the parking lot of the old movie theater north of the Walmart (Valley Ranch). Anyone heard if anything is going on there? The old theater and Fry's are two huge properties just sitting vacant out there...and I heard a rumor that 24 Hour Fitness is next.

I heard they're refurbishing the theater with "restaurants and shops"

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 24 Jul 2023 10:00

One of the cranes went up a few days ago at the Wells Fargo development. Also found some construction cams on the KDC website if anyone is interested.

https://app.oxblue.com/?openlink=kdc/wellsfargo

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 24 Jul 2023 10:26

Kelley USA wrote:One of the cranes went up a few days ago at the Wells Fargo development. Also found some construction cams on the KDC website if anyone is interested.

https://app.oxblue.com/?openlink=kdc/wellsfargo

Thanks for posting. Nice views, I see the base for the second and would guess they'll have at least four. At least you get a good feel for the overall shape of each tower.

citygeek

Postby citygeek » 24 Jul 2023 11:36

Thank you for posting.
"To love ..(a).. city and to have a part in its advancement and improvement is the highest priority and duty of a citizen."
Daniel Burnham, 1909

CTroyMathis
Site Admin

Postby CTroyMathis » 24 Jul 2023 14:31

Well, if anything, you can check out the view of Las Colinas! Because, this is an incredibly underwhelming project given the fairly unique location.

Pukar2000

Postby Pukar2000 » 07 Aug 2023 11:28

Good news for Las Colinas APT system. It seems they’ve won a small grant to retrofit existing structures to support modern automated cars. With the big spike in population in recent years, this investment would truly be a value-add for urban center to attract more residents, tourists, and larger employers. Here is the link to the news

- https://communityimpact.com/dallas-fort ... ct-in-dfw/

I45Tex

Postby I45Tex » 07 Aug 2023 13:55

Thanks Pukar!

txjdirv

Postby txjdirv » 09 Aug 2023 17:51

Elevated restaurant celebrating Indian cuisines to open in old Ginger Man space.

https://whatnowdfw.com/elevated-restaur ... in-irving/

vman

Postby vman » 10 Aug 2023 08:09

A new Cinnaholic has opened in Cypress Waters (it has an Irving address). I went last night and it was delicious. It seems someone posted on social media that this location is Black owned and that seemed to be a big draw for many customers.
I was sad to see the Newk's location next door has closed. I really liked that place, but I've been going to the Frisco location which is close to my office and haven't been to the Irving location in a while. It seemed to do a good business there, especially weekday lunch, but post-covid office changes might have taken them out.

TXGunLover

Postby TXGunLover » 17 Aug 2023 21:04

So.... the deal IS signed for the "Big Box" store + self storage at the old Fry's... still no name...

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 22 Aug 2023 09:34

TXGunLover wrote:So.... the deal IS signed for the "Big Box" store + self storage at the old Fry's... still no name...

That's great to hear! Also, sounds like Delucca Pizza has signed a lease at Star Park near Tupelo Honey. That'll be another great addition to the center.

TXGunLover

Postby TXGunLover » 28 Aug 2023 14:40

Anyone know what "Project MM" is for the City CounciL?

CTroyMathis
Site Admin

Postby CTroyMathis » 28 Aug 2023 17:46

Maybe this dude (?) : Mehrdad Moayedi

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 29 Aug 2023 10:33

I always see these projects pop up on the Executive Session portion of Council meetings, but rarely do you ever hear of one coming to fruition. The most recent, and one that actually did come to fruition, was Project Falcon, which turned out to be the Wells Fargo development. Mehrdad Moayedi might be a good guess. Centurion is pretty active.

Also, seeing a few things posted that The Music Factory is trying the paid parking approach again. I think you get 3 hours free with a restaurant validation, but people don't like jumping through hoops to get free parking. We'll see how it goes!

anpatel00

Postby anpatel00 » 31 Aug 2023 11:33

"Irving To Go Back To Twice Per Week Trash Pickup In December"
https://www.irvingweekly.com/s/5981/Irv ... cember.php

It's about time, once a week was the worst move the city has ever made.

anpatel00

Postby anpatel00 » 31 Aug 2023 11:39

TXGunLover wrote:
vman wrote:

Looks like someone submitted to the city to become "Fun N Furious Family Entertainment Center"
"alteration of cinema into entertainment center go kart arcade bowling ax throwing dining bar"

Just glad to hear it won't be multifamily

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 31 Aug 2023 16:46

anpatel00 wrote:
TXGunLover wrote:
vman wrote:I'm still keeping my hopes up :lol: .

Looks like someone submitted to the city to become "Fun N Furious Family Entertainment Center"
"alteration of cinema into entertainment center go kart arcade bowling ax throwing dining bar"

Just glad to hear it won't be multifamily

Yes, that's the old movie theatre space off 635 & MacArthur near Walmart. They've already been doing some alterations to the inside.

Also, YOLK will be joining the lineup at Star Park. It'll be nice to have a brunch spot in that development, plus give Tupelo Honey a little company. This will be the 4th location for Yolk in DFW.

txjdirv

Postby txjdirv » 07 Sep 2023 15:55

I noticed Homegrown Hounds has vacated their space at Water Street. Nothing new on the leasing plan but Google maps list that space as PlayTri Las Colinas. It will be nice to have a Swim/Bike/Run store in the area.

http://alturl.com/nwykm
https://www.facebook.com/playtrilascolinas

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 18 Sep 2023 12:05

Irving looks at overhaul for its five-year-old Toyota Music Factory
The entertainment district in Las Colinas hasn’t lived up to original expectations.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... c-factory/

So they heard a lot and out of that they they think bold artwork and signage will fix things? Seems like at the end of the day they have the same thing with fresh paint.

The global real estate firm’s new path for the entertainment center includes a revamp of the central plaza, bold artwork and signage and other upgrades.

“We feel that Toyota Music Factory is not hitting its full potential,” Brookfield’s Chase Martin said in a city council work session. “We took over a year to listen and learn. We heard a lot.”

TXGunLover

Postby TXGunLover » 19 Sep 2023 14:20

Tnexster wrote:Irving looks at overhaul for its five-year-old Toyota Music Factory
The entertainment district in Las Colinas hasn’t lived up to original expectations.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... c-factory/

So they heard a lot and out of that they they think bold artwork and signage will fix things? Seems like at the end of the day they have the same thing with fresh paint.

The global real estate firm’s new path for the entertainment center includes a revamp of the central plaza, bold artwork and signage and other upgrades.

“We feel that Toyota Music Factory is not hitting its full potential,” Brookfield’s Chase Martin said in a city council work session. “We took over a year to listen and learn. We heard a lot.”

Demographics, demographics, demographics

vman

Postby vman » 20 Sep 2023 10:30

TXGunLover wrote:

Could you expound on that?

TXGunLover

Postby TXGunLover » 20 Sep 2023 11:35

Good news forthcoming on the Fry's property!

TXGunLover

Postby TXGunLover » 20 Sep 2023 11:36

vman wrote:
TXGunLover wrote:

Could you expound on that?

As was shared originally when the MF project was proposed... the surrounding demographics of Las Colinas do not support such a venue. It's honestly far more successful than anyone dreamed.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 03 Oct 2023 09:40

Got some news on the MF that should be well received. If this is an indication of things to come, then I'm excited!

So The Green Gator has closed, Mama Tried will be sliding down and taking The Green Gator space, and then JAXON (yes, that JAXON that was at AT&T Discovery District) will taking both the Mama Tried space and the space above. They'll take approximately 10K sf across 2 floors. From what I'm hearing, they'll also be in charge of musical programming for the Plaza Stage. Can't wait to see how they build-out the space and create that sort of beer garden feel.

TXGunLover

Postby TXGunLover » 03 Oct 2023 10:10

That's good news, thanks Kelley!

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 12 Oct 2023 09:05

So looks like Delucca Pizza & Wine will actually be taking over the old Keg Steakhouse space. Nice addition for that area!

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 24 Oct 2023 16:44

Christus Health opens its new Irving headquarters
The Las Colinas high-rise will house almost 2,000 workers for the international hospital firm.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... dquarters/

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 25 Oct 2023 14:06

This one actually turned out pretty nice! Impressed with the building, appreciate how they at least tried to enhance the outside of the parking garage, and the overall landscaping is pretty lush. Nice to see something a bit more modern in the Urban Center. Also, just seeing Wells Fargo going up, it's going to be quite imposing as it sits so much closer to the street than I had anticipated. Both are pretty great adds.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 25 Oct 2023 15:04

Kelley USA wrote:This one actually turned out pretty nice! Impressed with the building, appreciate how they at least tried to enhance the outside of the parking garage, and the overall landscaping is pretty lush. Nice to see something a bit more modern in the Urban Center. Also, just seeing Wells Fargo going up, it's going to be quite imposing as it sits so much closer to the street than I had anticipated. Both are pretty great adds.

Speaking of....I see those are both coming along.

vman

Postby vman » 06 Nov 2023 07:08

Has anyone heard that the 54th Street restaurant off 635 is closing? A neighbor said yesterday was their last day. It's still open according to the restaurant's website.

Addison

Postby Addison » 06 Nov 2023 08:29

vman wrote:Has anyone heard that the 54th Street restaurant off 635 is closing? A neighbor said yesterday was their last day. It's still open according to the restaurant's website.

It's no longer showing up on Google Maps (it's listed as Permanently Closed), FWIW...

CTroyMathis
Site Admin

Postby CTroyMathis » 06 Nov 2023 10:54

TXGunLover

Postby TXGunLover » 06 Nov 2023 13:48

I suspect Japan House (the old Hooters, old Sweet Tomatoes) will be gone soon.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 06 Nov 2023 15:38

It's funny how that whole shopping strip and adjacent restaurants have struggled and everything around there does well.

vman

Postby vman » 07 Nov 2023 07:09

R1070 wrote:It's funny how that whole shopping strip and adjacent restaurants have struggled and everything around there does well.

The 54th Street always seemed to do good business, but that area has always suffered from poor accessibility. It would be a good location for apartments; retail, not so much.

Addison

Postby Addison » 07 Nov 2023 07:32

I also wonder if 54th Street was leasing that location.

Failure to renew due to incompetence (that's what happened with the Meso Maya in Addison) or an unreasonable rent increase would cause them to close as well despite doing good business.

TXGunLover

Postby TXGunLover » 07 Nov 2023 09:01

R1070 wrote:It's funny how that whole shopping strip and adjacent restaurants have struggled, and everything around there does well.

I don't know. Not everything has done well. The diner before the Chinese restaurant. Mattito's moved to Flower Mound, TGIF went out of business, A&W died, the Sonic is closed randomly.... it's just not a very successful area...

anpatel00

Postby anpatel00 » 07 Nov 2023 09:45

Sad to hear. That entire strip including the car wash/mechanic shop shut down as well. In fact, there was an larger number of homeless people just a couple of months ago living in that garage until IRVING PD finally came and made them move. The former Matito's is still looking for a "2nd Gen Restaurant" to fill it.

vman

Postby vman » 07 Nov 2023 11:07

TXGunLover wrote:
R1070 wrote:It's funny how that whole shopping strip and adjacent restaurants have struggled, and everything around there does well.

I don't know. Not everything has done well. The diner before the Chinese restaurant. Mattito's moved to Flower Mound, TGIF went out of business, A&W died, the Sonic is closed randomly.... it's just not a very successful area...

Yep. It seems like all the "action' moved further west off 635. Maybe the new "restaurant row" is siphoning patrons from this area.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 07 Nov 2023 12:49

I can confirm that 54th is closed. Signs have already come down off the building. Remember, they opened when the center still had Dick's & Best Buy. Once those 2 stores left, the center was pretty much doomed. As someone else mentioned, location was not the best either.

TXGunLover

Postby TXGunLover » 29 Nov 2023 09:31

Still only hearing about the self storage portion of this project-
https://bolourassociates.com/capital-fr ... certainty/

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 04 Dec 2023 16:32

Caught an updated site plan for the Lincoln Property development at 161 & Las Colinas Blvd. Looks like all the 161 pad sits have been spoken for. Frost Bank is already under construction, and 7-11 just filed their docs with the State. The other 3 parcels appear to be marked for Outback Steakhouse (previously mentioned), Carrabba's Italian (also owned by Bloomin Brands) and The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.

ajderry2017

Postby ajderry2017 » 04 Dec 2023 21:35

Kelley USA wrote:Caught an updated site plan for the Lincoln Property development at 161 & Las Colinas Blvd. Looks like all the 161 pad sits have been spoken for. Frost Bank is already under construction, and 7-11 just filed their docs with the State. The other 3 parcels appear to be marked for Outback Steakhouse (previously mentioned), Carrabba's Italian (also owned by Bloomin Brands) and The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.

Is the Sandman Hotel and Moxies still planned in the development?

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 05 Dec 2023 10:38

ajderry2017 wrote:
Kelley USA wrote:Caught an updated site plan for the Lincoln Property development at 161 & Las Colinas Blvd. Looks like all the 161 pad sits have been spoken for. Frost Bank is already under construction, and 7-11 just filed their docs with the State. The other 3 parcels appear to be marked for Outback Steakhouse (previously mentioned), Carrabba's Italian (also owned by Bloomin Brands) and The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.

Okay, that's the development at 161 & 114. This one is the one at 161 & Las Colinas Blvd. But to your question, to my knowledge, Moxie's is sort of on-hold. I would highly doubt we ever see it built, as the hotel is coming along, and where the Moxie's would connect to the hotel, it's still just dirt. As for the Sandman, it is still in the works, just might be a few years before that one gets underway.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 05 Dec 2023 10:47

Kelley USA wrote:
ajderry2017 wrote:

Okay, that's the development at 161 & 114. This one is the one at 161 & Las Colinas Blvd. But to your question, to my knowledge, Moxie's is sort of on-hold. I would highly doubt we ever see it built, as the hotel is coming along, and where the Moxie's would connect to the hotel, it's still just dirt. As for the Sandman, it is still in the works, just might be a few years before that one gets underway.

Isn't the hotel going up now the Sandman or is it another brand?

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 05 Dec 2023 10:59

R1070 wrote:
Kelley USA wrote:
ajderry2017 wrote:

Isn't the hotel going up now the Sandman or is it another brand?

Oh, I'm sorry, yes, the Sandman is going up now. The other one is called The Sutton Place. My bad!