Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

Las Colinas/North Irving Development

User avatar
TXGunLover
Posts: 92
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:10

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby TXGunLover » 28 Jan 2019 12:16

Went to see the early showing of Lego movie 2 on Saturday. Work was being done at both the Green Gator and the other restaurant pad in the plaza. Things were more busy than normal when the movie got out, I supposed because of the Toni Braxton concert. Alamo, was as always, great.

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 524
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 29 Jan 2019 16:32

WeWork taking 3 floors at Williams Square...

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... w-location

Also, the Green Gator at Toyota Music Factory is hiring. They should be opening soon. It was probably an easy transition. I don't think they bothered to do any build-outs. I mean the place was already nice and the current design sort of fits their concept. It's basically put up the sign, hire some folks and open the doors.

Speaking of the TMF... I'm curious why they never bothered to hire an outside leasing company like CBRE or Shop Companies. I know they got a little greedy and the early interest didn't really warrant hiring one, but they have struggled to lease any of the remaining vacant spots. After Big Beat closed the ARK Group came out and said interest was very high for all the remaining spaces. I'm sorry, but if the best they can do is Green Gator & The Reservoir then there's definitely a problem.

Also, The Gingerman at Water Street has started their build-out. They have walls up and they do seem to be moving quickly. I would guess maybe a May or June opening?!

User avatar
ignition
Posts: 16
Joined: 25 Oct 2017 14:30

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby ignition » 04 Feb 2019 17:34

Speaking of things taking forever to open up at TMF, anyone have any insight on Burgerim? This has been "coming soon" since TMF announced and I can't for the life of me figure out what's taking so long for the build out.

I get why Kitchen 101 and the Violet Room are taking long given their placement literally under the Pavilion but a burger place should take just a few months to be constructed.

User avatar
vman
Posts: 121
Joined: 24 Oct 2016 07:44

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby vman » 05 Feb 2019 07:24

Walk-On's is open on Regent. I tried it this weekend and really enjoyed it. Anyone know what is being built next to Walk-On's? I looked up Green Gator and it looks somewhat similar to Walk-On's. I do enjoy Cajun, so I look forward to trying it. I also noticed another place in the retail strip west of Walk-on's called Jam + Toast and it doesn't appear to be a CHAIN. Irving definitely is in need of more breakfast spots..so this is definitely on my list. Maybe I'll make fewer trips to Dallas for my weekend brunch fix.

User avatar
TXGunLover
Posts: 92
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:10

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby TXGunLover » 05 Feb 2019 07:44

Lupe's Tortilla is next to Walk On's. Mexican Sugar will be next to Whiskey Cake.

Jam + Toast is outstanding.
Last edited by TXGunLover on 05 Feb 2019 09:33, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 524
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 05 Feb 2019 09:16

^^Actually it's called Lupe Tortilla... It's a Tex-Mex chain from Houston that's making it's way to DFW. It's more in the mold of a Pappasito's or Uncle Julio's. I have friends in Houston that love it so it should be a nice addition. https://tex-mex.com/

As for Burgerim, that is the slowest build-out in the history of build-outs. Apart from putting up the sign the inside has looked basically the same for the past 3 months.

User avatar
clubtokyo
Posts: 7
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 21:02

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby clubtokyo » 06 Feb 2019 19:41

Lupe T is fantastic, best filet fajitas in Texas. Be sure and check them out.

itsjrd1964
Posts: 675
Joined: 28 Jul 2018 07:38

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby itsjrd1964 » 07 Feb 2019 02:25

Nosh & Bottle Brings a Wine Shop, Market, Deli and Date Spot to Toyota Music Factory

https://www.dallasobserver.com/restaura ... y-11546508

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 524
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 07 Feb 2019 14:02

Permits have been pulled for the new 7 story Embassy Suites Hotel on 114. This will be in the lot right behind Champps. This was the last rendering that was posted:

https://www.facebook.com/Embassy-Suites ... 320208193/

User avatar
R1070
Posts: 723
Joined: 26 Oct 2016 21:00

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby R1070 » 07 Feb 2019 20:32

Nice!

Tnexster
Posts: 2255
Joined: 22 Oct 2016 16:33
Location: Dallas

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Tnexster » 10 Feb 2019 14:17

Kelley USA wrote:Permits have been pulled for the new 7 story Embassy Suites Hotel on 114. This will be in the lot right behind Champps. This was the last rendering that was posted:

https://www.facebook.com/Embassy-Suites ... 320208193/


Interesting, have not seen or maybe I have not seen a new one for a while but there is no atrium on this hotel. Wiki claims that feature has been abandoned on new hotels.

itsjrd1964
Posts: 675
Joined: 28 Jul 2018 07:38

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby itsjrd1964 » 10 Feb 2019 21:08

IINM, the new downtown Amarillo Embassy doesn't have an atrium, either. I think that's a mistake on Hilton's part. Atriums have been one of the signature elements of an Embassy Suites property, pretty much anywhere you go. Without an atrium, Embassy will look like any other chain. Similar to Marriott de-emphasizing Courtyard's courtyard.

User avatar
flyswatter
Posts: 153
Joined: 02 Nov 2016 07:31

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby flyswatter » 10 Feb 2019 21:13

Probably realized having a large open lobby was easier to maintain and cheaper to build than a massive 8+ story atrium while still being able to provide the same amenities. Plus it allows them to enter smaller markets that wouldn't justify a massive hotel.

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 979
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby muncien » 11 Feb 2019 10:49

Fun Fact: Embassy suites originally proposed a hotel on this site back in the 90's. If I'm not mistaken, they have owned the land ever since.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
TXGunLover
Posts: 92
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:10

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby TXGunLover » 11 Feb 2019 10:51

muncien wrote:Fun Fact: Embassy suites originally proposed a hotel on this site back in the 90's. If I'm not mistaken, they have owned the land ever since.

Yep that's correct.

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 524
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 11 Feb 2019 11:11

TXGunLover wrote:
muncien wrote:Fun Fact: Embassy suites originally proposed a hotel on this site back in the 90's. If I'm not mistaken, they have owned the land ever since.

Yep that's correct.


Actually I'm not sure that is correct... Embassy isn't the owner, this hotel is being developed by a company in Louisiana and will be managed by a local company. It'll just carry the Embassy flag. I think someone else has owned the property for quite awhile now. I've seen a number of proposals come before council for this plot, everything from 20K sq ft of new retail space, an extension of Las Colinas Village, other hotels, office buildings etc... And speaking of, there is a plan for a new 2 story office component right next to where the Embassy will be.

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 979
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby muncien » 11 Feb 2019 14:20

Kelley USA wrote:
TXGunLover wrote:
muncien wrote:Fun Fact: Embassy suites originally proposed a hotel on this site back in the 90's. If I'm not mistaken, they have owned the land ever since.

Yep that's correct.


Actually I'm not sure that is correct... Embassy isn't the owner, this hotel is being developed by a company in Louisiana and will be managed by a local company. It'll just carry the Embassy flag. I think someone else has owned the property for quite awhile now. I've seen a number of proposals come before council for this plot, everything from 20K sq ft of new retail space, an extension of Las Colinas Village, other hotels, office buildings etc... And speaking of, there is a plan for a new 2 story office component right next to where the Embassy will be.


Yeah... I thought it was weird that they would still own the property since many hotels don't own the physical land below them, and that would be a loooong time for a company to sit on a piece of land (probably not a good business practice). Looking back at DCAD records, it looks like Embassy Suites former parent company (Promus Hotels) sold this piece of land in 2006. But it was most definitely proposed to be an Embassy Suites prior to that. I just found it funny that it has come full circle.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 524
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 15 Feb 2019 13:20

Got this word from the City of Irving regarding the Shops of Las Colinas (Market Street) development. I knew something was going on. They cleared the land about 2 months and have done nothing since...

We received word about 2-3 weeks ago that the land owner had decided to suspend the development pending their ability to sign more pre-leases. The residential component is still underway but the retail is on hold.

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 524
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 18 Feb 2019 15:55

Verizon is ready to move full speed ahead on the Lifestyle Center portion of the Hidden Ridge Development. Plans should start moving rather quickly for the retail, restaurant, townhomes, apartments and possible hotel. They will be turning Green Park Drive from 6 lanes into 3 lanes to make the Lifestyle Center more pedestrian friendly (wider sidewalks too). Plans have also been approved and work should start soon on the DART Station stop. No word on additional office though. Also, if you remember the plan calls for 1200 apartments, 400 of which must be in a 7+ story building. The remaining 800 must be in a minimum of 5+ story buildings. In order for the City to issues any certificate of occupancy for the apartments at least 60,000 sq ft of retail must be at the beam stage of construction and the townhomes must also be under construction.

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 979
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby muncien » 18 Feb 2019 16:56

^
Good to hear! Thx. I was getting a little concerned that we had been baited.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 524
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 19 Feb 2019 12:40

The Ark Group is looking to amend the current lease for the Toyota Music Factory. They're wanting to convert all ground level and 2nd floor space in the B Building into office use. This would be all the space south of TCBY and around the corner to where BurgeRim is going in (and all of the space above it). Apparently they've had a really tough time leasing the remaining space.

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 979
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby muncien » 19 Feb 2019 13:17

Kelley USA wrote:The Ark Group is looking to amend the current lease for the Toyota Music Factory. They're wanting to convert all ground level and 2nd floor space in the B Building into office use. This would be all the space south of TCBY and around the corner to where BurgeRim is going in (and all of the space above it). Apparently they've had a really tough time leasing the remaining space.


I honestly wouldn't have a problem with that. IMO, the existing office space is quite limited, and with NO RESIDENTIAL allowed in the master plan, and nothing happening with North Shore yet, there is an overabundance of restaurant right now. Perhaps any changes can be short term? IDK... But having more daytime population on site would be helpful.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
TXGunLover
Posts: 92
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:10

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby TXGunLover » 24 Feb 2019 08:25

Went to see a movie at Alamo last night... Green Gator was open when we left at 9, had about 4 people inside.

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 524
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 25 Feb 2019 09:21

Yes, Green Gator started to open just for lunch a few days ago and extended the hours starting this past Friday. They are now open 11am - 12pm. I walked by yesterday around 5:30 and only a few people inside. It was nice to see the door open and the lights and tv's on again. I thought Billy Bob actually did a pretty good job on the original build-out of the place. Green Gator didn't change anything. If the food is good and if they can get some live music going it could be a cool place!

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 979
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby muncien » 26 Feb 2019 08:56

Kelley USA wrote:Yes, Green Gator started to open just for lunch a few days ago and extended the hours starting this past Friday. They are now open 11am - 12pm. I walked by yesterday around 5:30 and only a few people inside. It was nice to see the door open and the lights and tv's on again. I thought Billy Bob actually did a pretty good job on the original build-out of the place. Green Gator didn't change anything. If the food is good and if they can get some live music going it could be a cool place!


Awesome... I'll probably swing by this evening. Been waiting on this one.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 524
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 05 Mar 2019 12:14

I could be wrong, but appears we have yet another casualty at TMF. On Sunday it looked like stuff was being removed from Top Round. A quick glance at the TMF website and they have disappeared from the list of restaurants. I have to say I'm not surprised. Not because the food was bad, but because the location is terrible. No parking on that side and touch to get to. I generally do eat healthy, but I visited Top Round probably a dozen times and ALWAYS really enjoyed my meal. Staff was great and I thought the food was fantastic. I saw it coming though. I think Freshii could be next on the list along with TCBY. And there's no doubt that the Poke place at Water Street will close by the end of the year!

User avatar
TXGunLover
Posts: 92
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:10

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby TXGunLover » 05 Mar 2019 12:28

Not surprising... it's not the first and won't be the last. With so many open spaces, it won't be long before there is more vacant than occupied.

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 979
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby muncien » 05 Mar 2019 12:54

That is a bummer about Top Round. I really, really, loved that place. But, then again, my employer has a shuttle to take us there and back at lunch and I never had to drive. They seemed to do decent at lunch time, but most of these places are ghost towns outside of that. The happy hour places tend to do real good though. Top Round was definitely not one of those.
I did hit up Green Gator last week. They have great craft/draft specials on Tuesdays. I wasn't all that impressed with the food or service. They inherited great build out, but the music could use a change (they were playing bad 80's music), and could be a bit louder. There were at least a couple dozen people there when I went, but only about six or eight by the time I left. Their grand opening is today, I believe.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 524
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 05 Mar 2019 13:39

I think Grimaldi's, YardHouse, Gloria's, Bar Louie and Thirsty Lion are all doing pretty solid business! I can see them still being around 10 years from now.

Also went to Green Gator last week (Friday night). I'll take a differetn stance, but me and my friends actually loved the 80's music and the level it was playing. We didn't feel like we had to yell across the table. The restaurant was about 50% full around 6:15, by 7:30 every table in the place was taken. They also had live musci that started at 8. Some guy that was in the Top 5 of American Idol last year was playing. Great stuff! As for the food, you're right, it's nothing great but it also wasn't that bad. I'd go back! They do have a setup for game watching!

It looks like Reservoir is coming along. I peeked over the wall. They're putting some $$ into the build-out, looks nice. I can see this being a popular spot for sure as long as the food and drinks are good.

itsjrd1964
Posts: 675
Joined: 28 Jul 2018 07:38

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby itsjrd1964 » 05 Mar 2019 13:58

So is there any cure for the "bad location" restaurant spots? Or is any restaurant that locates in one of them certain to end up like Top Round? I'm guessing the problem is that those spots are on another side or not very visible compared to the others? At least the whole place isn't a bust.

User avatar
TXGunLover
Posts: 92
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:10

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby TXGunLover » 05 Mar 2019 14:03

itsjrd1964 wrote:So is there any cure for the "bad location" restaurant spots? Or is any restaurant that locates in one of them certain to end up like Top Round? I'm guessing the problem is that those spots are on another side or not very visible compared to the others? At least the whole place isn't a bust.


I think if you talked to the operators of the other establishments, you might be surprised at how weak their business is.

User avatar
murlindale
Posts: 2
Joined: 22 Sep 2017 17:13

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby murlindale » 05 Mar 2019 14:08

TXGunLover wrote:Went to see a movie at Alamo last night... Green Gator was open when we left at 9, had about 4 people inside.



Julio Iglesius was in concert from roughly 8 to 10:30PM at the Music Factory on Saturday February 23rd. During the time of a show most of the tenants at the music factory are dead. That night it was extremely busy in Yard House before the show. I think in general most of the places get busy before and after a show at the pavilion. Of course some shows bring more people than others. From my experience I believe locals avoid that area during shows. I typically don't wont to deal with the traffic and the influx of people to that area when they are having an event. I live on lake Carolyn and frequent all the places in Water Street and the Music Factory.

User avatar
TXGunLover
Posts: 92
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:10

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby TXGunLover » 05 Mar 2019 14:11

murlindale wrote:
TXGunLover wrote:Went to see a movie at Alamo last night... Green Gator was open when we left at 9, had about 4 people inside.



Julio Iglesius was in concert from roughly 8 to 10:30PM at the Music Factory on Saturday February 23rd. During the time of a show most of the tenants at the music factory are dead. That night it was extremely busy in Yard House before the show. I think in general most of the places get busy before and after a show at the pavilion. Of course some shows bring more people than others. From my experience I believe locals avoid that area during shows. I typically don't wont to deal with the traffic and the influx of people to that area when they are having an event. I live on lake Carolyn and frequent all the places in Water Street and the Music Factory.

We've only been there for one show, and everything was busy. We've been several dozen times during non-show nights, and it's absolutely deserted.

User avatar
murlindale
Posts: 2
Joined: 22 Sep 2017 17:13

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby murlindale » 06 Mar 2019 10:48

Went to Green Gator last night in the Music Factory. Extremely busy. I assume because of Fat Tuesday. It was shoulder to shoulder people at the bar sometimes 2 to 3 deep and every table was taken. They had a live DJ and more people than they could serve. There was no show that night in the Pavilion but that place was packed.

User avatar
TXGunLover
Posts: 92
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:10

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby TXGunLover » 06 Mar 2019 10:50

murlindale wrote:Went to Green Gator last night in the Music Factory. Extremely busy. I assume because of Fat Tuesday. It was shoulder to shoulder people at the bar sometimes 2 to 3 deep and every table was taken. They had a live DJ and more people than they could serve. There was no show that night in the Pavilion but that place was packed.

That's great news.

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 979
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby muncien » 06 Mar 2019 11:05

murlindale wrote:Went to Green Gator last night in the Music Factory. Extremely busy. I assume because of Fat Tuesday. It was shoulder to shoulder people at the bar sometimes 2 to 3 deep and every table was taken. They had a live DJ and more people than they could serve. There was no show that night in the Pavilion but that place was packed.


:D Ha! I probably saw you there... You may even be in this pic. Cheers
greengator.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 524
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 06 Mar 2019 11:24

Here's a story about the closing of Top Round... Apparently TMF was caught off-guard, although within 1 day they had already out leasing signs up in the window.

http://dallas.culturemap.com/news/resta ... alifornia/

User avatar
TXGunLover
Posts: 92
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:10

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby TXGunLover » 07 Mar 2019 12:04

Kelley USA wrote:Here's a story about the closing of Top Round... Apparently TMF was caught off-guard, although within 1 day they had already out leasing signs up in the window.

http://dallas.culturemap.com/news/resta ... alifornia/


They're relocating to 4800 Bryan St. in East Dallas, across the street from Jimmy's Food Store.

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 524
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 07 Mar 2019 12:08

TXGunLover wrote:
Kelley USA wrote:Here's a story about the closing of Top Round... Apparently TMF was caught off-guard, although within 1 day they had already out leasing signs up in the window.

http://dallas.culturemap.com/news/resta ... alifornia/


They're relocating to 4800 Bryan St. in East Dallas, across the street from Jimmy's Food Store.


Yea, I read that over on Dallas Eater. I'm happy for them! They were actually really nice people with a cool concept and good food. I think Top Round deserves a place in the DFW Food scene. I just don't think the TMF was the best place to launch. This should be a better location for them. I can even see a Plano, Frisco or even a Grapevine / Southlake location doing well. Might be a more appealing concept to families too!

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 524
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 11 Mar 2019 12:40

It looks like the Hotel Development at 114 and 161 is imminent. This is the parcel that Tom Gaglardi (Dallas Stars owner) bought from Jerry Jones. It'll have 2 hotels and a Moxie's Restaurant. I believe the 2 hotel flags are Signature Sandman & Sutton Place.

I noticed the area has been staked off and an excavation trailer was recently moved onto the property. The 2 hotels are just 8 acres of the 36 acre development. The remaining land will be additional restaurants, apartments (Lincoln Property) and office.

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 524
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 25 Mar 2019 09:54

Wanted to share my weekend experiences at Water Street and Music Factory...

Friday Night- Weather was great so a friend and I decided to head down to Water Street to grab some dinner. The entire place was packed! We thought we'd grab a pizza at Olivella's, but they were on a 20 minute wait. Their patio was full. So we thought we'd walk up to Cork & Pig to check. Passed by El Famoso and not an empty table inside or outside. Got to Cork & Pig and they were on a 30 minute wait. They added a number of new tables to their patio and every single table was taken inside and out. We stood around for about 5 minutes when 2 people got up from the bar. Score! It was a great scene. People walking around with ice cream from Creamistry, sitting in the park, kids playing etc...

Saturday Night- A friend and I walked down to grab some dinner. Decided Gloria's sounded good. Grabbed the 2 last spots at the bar. Looked around and I would say maybe 90% of the restaurant was full. After dinner walked over to YardHouse about 9pm to grab a drink. Pretty good scene. I would say maybe 70% full and the bar was packed. Thought we'd walk by The Green Gator on our way out. Had a few people on the patio, some live music and maybe 70% full inside. It was good to see! Also, I think the Reservoir is getting close to opening. I've been very impressed with their build-out and how they've extended the patio and added some planter boxes. Looks really good. Also, I noticed they added turf to the plaza. Actually looks really cool if you haven't seen it yet.

User avatar
vman
Posts: 121
Joined: 24 Oct 2016 07:44

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby vman » 25 Mar 2019 11:58

Kelley USA wrote:Wanted to share my weekend experiences at Water Street and Music Factory...

Friday Night- Weather was great so a friend and I decided to head down to Water Street to grab some dinner. The entire place was packed! We thought we'd grab a pizza at Olivella's, but they were on a 20 minute wait. Their patio was full. So we thought we'd walk up to Cork & Pig to check. Passed by El Famoso and not an empty table inside or outside. Got to Cork & Pig and they were on a 30 minute wait. They added a number of new tables to their patio and every single table was taken inside and out. We stood around for about 5 minutes when 2 people got up from the bar. Score! It was a great scene. People walking around with ice cream from Creamistry, sitting in the park, kids playing etc...

Saturday Night- A friend and I walked down to grab some dinner. Decided Gloria's sounded good. Grabbed the 2 last spots at the bar. Looked around and I would say maybe 90% of the restaurant was full. After dinner walked over to YardHouse about 9pm to grab a drink. Pretty good scene. I would say maybe 70% full and the bar was packed. Thought we'd walk by The Green Gator on our way out. Had a few people on the patio, some live music and maybe 70% full inside. It was good to see! Also, I think the Reservoir is getting close to opening. I've been very impressed with their build-out and how they've extended the patio and added some planter boxes. Looks really good. Also, I noticed they added turf to the plaza. Actually looks really cool if you haven't seen it yet.


Wow that's a great report. I read Friday that Bar Louie is expanding its space and Gloria's has or is doing the same.
I'm going to Alamo Drafthouse around 4:00 today. I'm going to try and get there early so I can walk around.

Anyone know how The Texican Hotel is doing so far in regards to occupancy? I read some reviews a while back ago and they were mostly very positive.

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 524
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 26 Mar 2019 10:00

I hadn't heard that about Bar Louie... I mean they certainly could seeing as the space right next door is still vacant. I think Gloria's is boxed in, although they did upgrade their patio facing the plaza. I think the Reservoir has the potential to take some of the Bar Louie clientele once they open.

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 524
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 26 Mar 2019 15:46

A new Axe throwing franchise is Coming to the TMF... I think this is a pretty solid addition!

http://dallas.culturemap.com/news/enter ... ry-irving/

User avatar
vman
Posts: 121
Joined: 24 Oct 2016 07:44

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby vman » 27 Mar 2019 07:43

Kelley USA wrote:A new Axe throwing franchise is Coming to the TMF... I think this is a pretty solid addition!

http://dallas.culturemap.com/news/enter ... ry-irving/

Mmmm..never knew this was a thing

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 979
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby muncien » 27 Mar 2019 10:07

Axe throwing... I had no idea. lol But, I agree... Good addition.

As for Gloria's. There is some expansion room on the plaza side. I'm not sure if that is their plan, or if they were simply referencing their recent patio changes.

A couple things about the area...
After some time at Bar Louie (gotta have that $5 burger on Tuesdays), we walked over to Water Street.
El Famoso really needs a bigger bar area.
Cork & Pig looks super nice... too nice for me last night... lol
Then walked over to Hops & Vines... Bad news! The KJ's at city hall are forcing him to close while they deal with some license issues. Apparently, they have moved the goal posts on him and are forcing him to bring FOOD (30% sales) into the establishment to continue to operate. He had a different type of license (one of only two in the city) that didn't previously require food sales, but now that has changed. Even though he was closed yesterday, I was able to sit down with him and discuss it for a bit. He says that the city insists is not trying to shut him down, but there are elements in city hall that are both for and against him. More to come on this in the next few days. Best of luck to him. I love that place, and it's exactly what residents of Las Colinas needs.
Later, back at Music Factory, I saw that a couple of beverage booths have been setup in the plaza on the nice new turf. Unlike the monstrosities that Billy Bob had installed, these booths are more approachable and quite nice. Last night was their first night from what the bar tender told me and they weren't going to start serving until 10pm (post concert).
Then to Green Gator to enjoy their $3 craft all day Tuesday (still highly recommended). Decent crowd, but they kicked us out just after 10pm to shut down. That was a bummer. They need to have longer hours on concert nights.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
exelone31
Posts: 496
Joined: 31 Oct 2016 11:35

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby exelone31 » 27 Mar 2019 14:18

Axe throwing is a ton of fun. I've been a couple of times to a spot in Richardson (hidden within an industrial park off Arapaho), and it's cool.

I could see that being a huge hit there, and it doesn't require quite as much space as similar attractions like bowling.

User avatar
ContriveDallasite
Posts: 274
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 03:34
Location: München

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby ContriveDallasite » 29 Mar 2019 13:54

Anyone care to snap some updates of TMF and Water Street?

User avatar
ignition
Posts: 16
Joined: 25 Oct 2017 14:30

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby ignition » 29 Mar 2019 14:15

On the subject of Hops and Vines... I'd really like to know what's going on between the owner and the city. I've heard lots of hubbub in the craft beer community about how the owner has been trying to get up and running for ages BUT... I wonder how much of that is coming from the owner.

I used to love Las Colinas Beverages. It had a great selection and the owner was always pretty friendly. Then 2 years passed as he tried to "get licenses" and whatnot. I'm not exactly sure that takes 24 months.

The fact that he has a growler bar is awesome but he NEVER updates his listings on either his Facebook or other app pages. Honestly he kind of lost my business because of that. I really, really hope that place succeeds but he's somewhere stuck between trying to operate a bar and a bottle shop. He needs to just pick one option and go with it.

User avatar
TXGunLover
Posts: 92
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:10

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby TXGunLover » 29 Mar 2019 14:19

Everyone remember to vote for the new liquor allowance law in May.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Login