West DFW Suburban / Exurban Development (Weatherford, Aledo, Hudson Oaks, etc.)

Addison

West DFW Suburban / Exurban Development (Weatherford, Aledo, Hudson Oaks, etc.)

Postby Addison » 25 Aug 2021 09:01

I thought it would be a good idea to create a thread to track development in this often overlooked part of the Metroplex, especially with the possibility of Rivian coming as it could really accelerate growth/development in this area.

Legacy cattle ranch just west of Fort Worth to become new residential community

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... community/

An historic ranch just west of Fort Worth has sold in one of the biggest land deals in North Texas this year.

The Veale Ranch has almost 3,800 acres and sprawls across the border of Tarrant and Parker counties.

The property – only about 11 miles from downtown Fort Worth – has been a cattle ranch owned by the same family since 1935.

The ranch is south of Interstate 20, between Fort Worth and Weatherford.

Back in 2017, Veale Ranch was up for grabs with a price tag of $95 million.

Now the historic property has been purchased by Dallas-based community developer PMB Capital which has large residential projects in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

“The Veale Ranch represents one of the most unique investment development opportunities in the entire D-FW area,” said real estate broker Rex Glendenning who represented the Veale family in the sale. “This ranch is strategically located near the Fort Worth central business district and will allow for a true mixed use master planned development.

“The ranch adjoins the new proposed Rivian automotive production plant to be located on a portion of the adjacent Walsh Ranch.”

Previous development studies indicated that Veale Ranch could support future development of a community with a population of up to 30,000.

“A large portion of the ranch is located within the highly sought after Aledo School District,” Glendenning said. “This property is keenly positioned for success.”

Addison

Re: West DFW Suburban / Exurban Development (Weatherford, Aledo, Hudson Oaks, etc.)

Postby Addison » 18 Sep 2021 11:33

As West Fort Worth Prepares To Boom, Traffic Planners Try To Keep Up

https://patch.com/texas/arlington-tx/we ... s-try-keep

BigTex

Re: West DFW Suburban / Exurban Development (Weatherford, Aledo, Hudson Oaks, etc.)

Postby BigTex » 07 Oct 2021 12:24

Any movement on this?

itsjrd1964

Postby itsjrd1964 » 09 Oct 2021 16:22

BigTex wrote:Any movement on this?

Movement on?

The Veale Ranch sale in the OP just happened.

Walsh Ranch (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=525&hilit=Walsh) has been in early phasing for a little while.

Bear Creek Ranch (part of the Fort Worth misc. thread (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=386)), being combined with another ranch as part of its plans, was announced last November.

I'm not sure how much dirt is flying west of I-820, but it sounds like there is genuine developer interest out there. If there is any delay at all, it could be financing, or infrastructure (roads/highways/utilities) blanks that need filling in.

Addison

Postby Addison » 09 Oct 2021 20:27

itsjrd1964 wrote:

Movement on?

The Veale Ranch sale in the OP just happened.

Walsh Ranch (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=525&hilit=Walsh) has been in early phasing for a little while.

Bear Creek Ranch (part of the Fort Worth misc. thread (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=386)), being combined with another ranch as part of its plans, was announced last November.

I'm not sure how much dirt is flying west of I-820, but it sounds like there is genuine developer interest out there. If there is any delay at all, it could be financing, or infrastructure (roads/highways/utilities) blanks that need filling in.

This thread was created more so as a placeholder than anything.

Expectations are that the pace of growth/development in the western DFW suburbs is going to be highly dependent on Rivian formally announcing their 7.5K job / $5 billion project is a go.

But, the original posts in this thread do highlight that the land grabs and proposals have already started rolling in, and given the economic impact a project of Rivian's scale has based on past history, the sheer number of projects in the area will probably be worthy of their own thread.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 09 Oct 2021 20:53

Really hoping the I-35 corridor picks up several EV manufacturing plants!

itsjrd1964

Postby itsjrd1964 » 27 Jan 2024 23:10

According to reports, a new Costco is coming to Weatherford. It will be at I-20/CenterPoint Road. Completion/opening is set for early next year.

https://www.weatherforddemocrat.com/new ... af3b9.html