Addison Misc. Development

Addison

Addison Misc. Development

Postby Addison » 25 May 2021 20:58

Came across this recently. According to the brochure, it should be 11 stories with office space anywhere between 250,000 and 350,000 sq. ft

With the working name of 15555 North Dallas Parkway, this would go up on the currently empty parcel just north of the Millennium Tower at DNT and Arapaho.

https://images1.loopnet.com/d2/j-bP7vmr ... ochure.pdf

Addison

Re: Addison Misc. Development

Postby Addison » 01 Jun 2021 18:54

West Coast wine bar makes Texas debut in Addison with whiskey and snacks

https://dallas.culturemap.com/news/rest ... belt-line/

A San Francisco-based wine bar-restaurant is bringing its Bay Area panache to Texas: Called District, it'll open its first Lone Star State location at Village on the Parkway, at 5100 Belt Line Rd. in the former Mercy Wine Bar space.

According to a release, it'll open in the fall with globally inspired shareable plates, wine and whiskey.

District was founded in San Francisco in 2007, and currently has three locations in California; Addison will be the fourth. Helping usher it into Dallas is Johnny Carros, who last opened Sugarbacon Proper Kitchen, now closed, and previously worked at Chamberlain's Steak and Chop House and Jasper's, among others.

Jon D'Angelica and his partner Ryan Vance built the first District as a wine bar concept with shareable plates; as the concept evolved, they added whiskeys to the mix. The menu was created by executive chef Bob Cina and changes often based upon the seasons and availability of product.

Core menu items include:

Fontina and Spinach Arancini with smoked tomato sauce
Lamb Meatballs made with house ground lamb & pork, chermoula tomato sauce and manchego cheese
Tempura Avocado with jalapeño-lime aioli and sweet ‘n spicy sea salt
Calabrian Sausage Pizza with Calabrian chili sauce, arugula, cippolini onion, pecorino
Zucchini Blossom Flatbread with baby squashes and herbs, truffled ricotta, Texas sweets
Diver Scallops with Cali caviar, leak & salsify soubise, tempura mushroom, citrus sea foam
Smoked Lamb Chops with pistachio-parmesan polenta frita, Castelvetrano lamb jus, minted salsa verde

Wines will be both new and old-world, and the whiskeys will focus on high quality and small-batch production. Beers will be from local brewers including Tupps Brewery and Peticolas Brewing Company.

The cocktail menu will feature classic recipes with a modern twist, using fresh herbs, fresh squeezed juices, and house-made syrups. Standouts include the Sazerac Barrel Aged Old Fashion and Lavender Tom Collins made with gin, house made lavender syrup, lemon juice and topped with soda.

Addison

Postby Addison » 18 Jun 2021 15:15

Warby Parker, La La Land coming to Addison’s updated Prestonwood Place

An Addison shopping center has attracted eyewear retailer Warby Parker and socially conscious café La La Land to its recently redeveloped mix of retail and restaurants.

Prestonwood Place, a 133,000-square-foot center at the southeast corner of Belt Line Road and Montfort Drive, has updated its mix with a new generation of restaurants and services as it tries to be a go-to errand stop for the workers in the surrounding office market.

Attracting Warby Parker, one of the first digital retailers to open brick-and-mortar stores, to the small shopping center is notable because so far the New York-based retailer has gone into high-profile shopping districts such as Austin’s South Congress, Legacy West and Southlake Town Square. One of its first stores in the U.S. is still open on hip Henderson Avenue in East Dallas.

Dallas-based Northwood Retail owns the shopping center just east of the Dallas North Tollway and spent the last year updating the property, which dates back to when Belt Line Road first became a trendy place to go eat and drink in Far North Dallas.

Earlier this year, Catapult Health leased a two-story building on the 16-acre property located next to Village on the Parkway and Prestonwood Town Center.

Warby Parker, a company that disrupted the prescription eyewear business 20 years ago, opens in the center in June.

Another Dallas-based restaurant, The Biscuit Bar, which started out in Plano and has five locations, will open in the center later this winter. Massage Heights, which provides massage and facial services and is based in San Antonio, is opening in June...

...The shopping center company, which also owns the Shops at Park Lane across from NorthPark Center and Hillside Village at Mockingbird Lane and Abrams Road in Dallas, said more new tenants are planned for Prestonwood Place this fall and winter...

Addison

Postby Addison » 05 Aug 2021 18:26

Addison wrote:Came across this recently. According to the brochure, it should be 11 stories with office space anywhere between 250,000 and 350,000 sq. ft

With the working name of 15555 North Dallas Parkway, this would go up on the currently empty parcel just north of the Millennium Tower at DNT and Arapaho.

https://images1.loopnet.com/d2/j-bP7vmr ... ochure.pdf

So this project apparently has a name now. It's called Addison Station.

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 06 Aug 2021 08:50

Hey Addison, thanks for the updates on Addison Station in Addison. :lol:

Addison

Postby Addison » 06 Aug 2021 09:07

undefinedprocess wrote:Hey Addison, thanks for the updates on Addison Station in Addison. :lol:

I literally just drove by the site yesterday and noticed it had a new leasing sign front out with that name, lol.

flyswatter

Postby flyswatter » 30 Aug 2021 11:17

Loro BBQ is looking to bulldoze and build a new building at the former Flying Saucer location. They have a location in East Dallas already. I live around the corner and was hoping another beer place would move in :(

https://agendas.addisontx.gov/docs/2021 ... ressed.pdf

https://www.loroeats.com/

exelone31

Postby exelone31 » 30 Aug 2021 11:24

flyswatter wrote:Loro BBQ is looking to bulldoze and build a new building at the former Flying Saucer location. They have a location in East Dallas already. I live around the corner and was hoping another beer place would move in :(

I don't know that I've ever seen such a bittersweet piece of news. Loro is supposed to be awesome, but I am also bummed that a great beer spot didn't move into the old Saucer space.

Addison

Postby Addison » 30 Aug 2021 11:25

flyswatter wrote:Loro BBQ is looking to bulldoze and build a new building at the former Flying Saucer location. They have a location in East Dallas already. I live around the corner and was hoping another beer place would move in :(

Not exactly Addison proper (it's adjacent in Farmers Branch), but a separate new BBQ place is also opening on Midway and Alpha, in the old Wayback Burgers space.

I forget the name of it though. Will have to drive by again to find out.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 30 Aug 2021 12:32

Addison wrote:

Not exactly Addison proper (it's adjacent in Farmers Branch), but a separate new BBQ place is also opening on Midway and Alpha, in the old Wayback Burgers space.

You're thinking of Bundu Khan BBQ. It's Pakistani BBQ. BUT, there actually is a new BBQ place going in near this general area. It's called Crossbuck BBQ - 4400 Spring Valley Rd (technically where Dallas, Farmers Branch & Addison all sort of collide).

Addison

Postby Addison » 30 Aug 2021 15:05

Kelley USA wrote:
Addison wrote:

You're thinking of Bundu Khan BBQ. It's Pakistani BBQ. BUT, there actually is a new BBQ place going in near this general area. It's called Crossbuck BBQ - 4400 Spring Valley Rd (technically where Dallas, Farmers Branch & Addison all sort of collide).

The name "Khan" rings a bell. That sounds right.

I have to chuckle at all of these new BBQ joints suddenly descending into Cattleack's territory. I guess they're trying to get in on some of that hype.

The standard is going to be pretty darn high though compared to Cattleack. I hope they get it right.

flyswatter

Postby flyswatter » 30 Aug 2021 22:46

Kelley USA wrote:
Addison wrote:

Pakistani BBQ sounds neat! Also, Crossbuck BBQ sounds like it is right by Odd Muse Brewing? Potentially a great combo right there.

Addison

Postby Addison » 26 Sep 2021 19:56

VanTrust Launching New Addison Station Office Tower Catering To Evolving Hybrid Office Trend

https://www.bisnow.com/dallas-ft-worth/ ... end-109859

A new 12-story office tower is taking shape on the Dallas North Tollway in Addison — and developers say it will be built with a coming hybrid workforce in mind.

VanTrust Real Estate has teamed up with Colliers to start pre-leasing on Addison Station, set to open in 2023 near the Addison Transit Station along the new DART Silver Line. The 250K to 350K SF facility at 15555 North Dallas Parkway near the intersection of the Dallas North Tollway and Arapaho Road will offer easy access to transit and roadways, flexible space and amenities geared toward new ways of working.

“The planned DART advancements and continual infrastructure updates in Addison and its adjoining cities position Addison Station as a part of a growing Dallas corridor built to accommodate the corporate residents and the changes to typical work schedules we see continuing in the future,” VanTrust Executive Vice President Bill Baumgardner, who heads the company’s Texas office, said in a release.

VanTrust is also developing the 242-acre mixed-use Frisco Station, which will eventually offer 1.5M SF of mid-rise office space with an additional 2M SF of campus-style product.

The Class-A Addison Station will feature on-site facilities such as an 8K SF rooftop amenity deck, an indoor and outdoor tenant lounge and attached terrace, a fitness center with locker rooms and a conference center.

“We are anticipating a significant amount of interest from corporate users looking to establish a presence in DFW and utilize an environment made with the hybrid work schedule in mind,” Colliers Executive Vice President Sara Terry said of the project, which is set to break ground next month.

“The built-to-suit customization of Addison Station and its access to the broadest cross-section of labor in the region allows companies in need a space that adapts to their unique culture while effortlessly attracting others to its flexible work environment.”...

Addison

Postby Addison » 10 Apr 2022 14:51

The TOD for DART's Silver Line is on the City Council agenda for this week. They have selected a developer (AMLI) and the purpose of this meeting is to establish a Memorandum of Understanding with them, with a projected groundbreaking in Summer 2023 and completion in phases through 2028.

https://agendas.addisontx.gov/docs/2022 ... %20MOU.pdf

Highlights include:

Phase 1

*13-story high rise building with 250-residential units and 10,000 sq. ft. of retail

*7-story mid rise building with 450-residential units and 5,000 sq. ft. of retail

*6-story 150,000 sq. ft. Class A office building and 9,000 sq. ft. of retail with a 625 space parking garage

*Indoor/Outdoor entertainment and dining venues centerd around green space, and facing Addison Circle Park.

Phase 2

*Additional 6-story 150,000 sq. ft. Class A office building with a 850 space parking garage

*Garage will include space for DART passengers who want to park & ride.

Phase 3

*120-room boutique hotel

Addison

Postby Addison » 10 Apr 2022 14:52

Also, things seem to be moving forward with the Benihana's as they submitted a variance request for their sign.

https://agendas.addisontx.gov/docs/2022 ... tation.pdf

Addison

Postby Addison » 10 Apr 2022 14:55

Lastly, the rezoning request for the parcel of land at the corner of Addison Road and Airport Pkwy (yes, where the animals are now ) goes in front of Council this week for approval.

This will be another 5-over-1 Apartment building with 287-units and 5,000 sq. ft. or retail spiace.

https://agendas.addisontx.gov/docs/2022 ... tation.pdf

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 13 Apr 2022 10:30

Addison picks developers for $472 million transit development tied to Silver Line
Office, apartment and retail project will be ready in time for DART’s new Silver Line.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... velopment/

IcedCowboyCoffee

Postby IcedCowboyCoffee » 13 Apr 2022 12:02

I love that central area that directly bridges the station to circle park, the walking experience looks to be fantastic.
It's refreshing seeing TOD happening so quickly for a station.

flyswatter

Postby flyswatter » 13 Apr 2022 12:08

Little surprised the FAA is letting them build buildings that "tall" next to the runway but I guess it's just far enough away from the runway. This will look great once it is done. Maybe Addison Circle will finally get bars/restuarants/shops to stick around with more residents and businesses right next to it. Besides a few places it has high turnover and many vacant storefronts.

This would be a great spot for Flying Saucer to make its Addison return (I'm still bitter about it closing)

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 13 Apr 2022 13:08

IcedCowboyCoffee wrote:I love that central area that directly bridges the station to circle park, the walking experience looks to be fantastic.
It's refreshing seeing TOD happening so quickly for a station.

But does it "directly" bridge the station to the park? Looking forward to seeing renderings from the other side to see the actual connectivity to the station. (I'm pretty sure the tracks are between this development and the actual station. Will there be a cross over of some kind or will they have to go down to the street, cross the tracks and then back up to the station?)

EDIT: The only rendering I have found of the Addison Transit Center station suggest this development may have direct access to the west-bound platform, but not to the east-bound platform.

potatocoins

Postby potatocoins » 13 Apr 2022 13:35

Definitely refreshing to see this TOD really come alive, but also not terribly surprising either. This wasn't a 'build it and they will come' station, it was positioned in a pretty great location.

I could this being very attractive for office tenants looking for a more suburban location, too. DART gives them convenient access to the DFW airport, and they are very convenient to DNT, 635, and Bush. If companies are going to move to the suburbs, I'd rather they pick something that has DART access and isn't terribly far out there as well, so this would be a good places to check off both of those boxes.

IcedCowboyCoffee

Postby IcedCowboyCoffee » 13 Apr 2022 14:11

It looks like the park-side platform will have direct access to the development. No roadway disconnecting it from all the retail pointing to the park so that's nice. The other side will still have the roadway for the bus transit center, but that 'welcome to addison' building on the parking lot will really condense the feel of the space. Should turn out great if it all gets built.

Edit: I see what you mean actually. I can't imagine they would run a fence all the way down to the street without someway of getting down the station platform on the north side... I can only hope :shock:
addison1.JPG

addison2.JPG

addison3.JPG

addison4.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 17 Apr 2022 23:03

If what Tucy is pointing out is the case & there's no way to cross the tracks to the other side of the platform (without going all the way down to the end of the street, crossing, then back up), that's a huge uh-oh. Seriously hope this is just an oversight in the renderings...

Addison

Postby Addison » 18 Apr 2022 09:05

IcedCowboyCoffee wrote:It looks like the park-side platform will have direct access to the development. No roadway disconnecting it from all the retail pointing to the park so that's nice. The other side will still have the roadway for the bus transit center, but that 'welcome to addison' building on the parking lot will really condense the feel of the space. Should turn out great if it all gets built.

Edit: I see what you mean actually. I can't imagine they would run a fence all the way down to the street without someway of getting down the station platform on the north side... I can only hope :shock:
addison1.JPG
addison2.JPG
addison3.JPG
addison4.JPG

So just to clarify, the images you posted are a rendering by a different architect (not AMLI) and that was approved before the developer selection took place. Below is a link to that presentation.

https://agendas.addisontx.gov/docs/2021 ... Design.pdf

And here is the AMLI rendering:

https://addisontx.new.swagit.com/videos/167310?ts=1602

That being said, I will say that both AMLI's rendering and the renderings above kind of suck with respect to detail for the station itself. For example, AMLI's rendering seems to only show 1 rail line (versus two rail lines with 1 for each direction). Meanwhile, the other set of renderings do at least suggest that a crossing to/from park was considered on page 16, but it looks like it was hastily added at the last second.

In any event, the question about direct connectivity to the park is a good one. I guess we'll have to wait to find out what the finished product looks like.

IcedCowboyCoffee

Postby IcedCowboyCoffee » 18 Apr 2022 12:30

Thanks for the info! I assume AMLI wouldn't have anything to do with any design elements of the station itself, including any staircase/ramp connection towards the north. But hopefully there's something of that sort when it's all said and done.

For posterity I pulled some other angles of the render from the presentation you shared.
addison15.jpg

addison8.jpg

addison11.jpg

addison12.jpg

addison13.jpg

addison14.jpg

addison16.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tivo_Kenevil

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 20 Apr 2022 19:16

That darkened water tower. Lol :lol:

R1070

Postby R1070 » 22 Apr 2022 09:21

Looks great and I'm excited to see hibachi come back to the Kobe spot.

flyswatter

Postby flyswatter » 27 Apr 2022 03:07

Looks like Meso Maya is leaving and they are splitting the building in half to have Postino and SweetGreen replace it.

https://agendas.addisontx.gov/docs/2022 ... 0Plans.pdf
https://agendas.addisontx.gov/docs/2022 ... 0Plans.pdf

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 27 Apr 2022 10:52

Addison is sort of a funny restaurant market. Everybody thinks they need to open a location in Addison, but I see so many concepts open & close. Even a number of successful concepts seem like they're just getting by. I love Meso Maya, but it was never really that crowded for some reason. Now some concepts absolutely thrive here (i.e. Hudson House, Chuy's, Ida Claire, Kenny's).

flyswatter

Postby flyswatter » 27 Apr 2022 12:55

Dallasites love patios, and Addison has some terrible patios.

Addison

Postby Addison » 12 May 2022 06:26

Puttshack Inks Agreement to Open in Dallas

https://www.fsrmagazine.com/content/put ... pen-dallas

Puttshack, the world’s first and only upscale, tech-infused mini golf experience with global food and drink, announced today the signing of a new lease at the Village on the Parkway, an open-air shopping destination within the Dallas metropolitan area. Located at 5100 Belt Line Road in Addison, this new location joins Puttshack’s growing list of upcoming destinations and will be the second in Texas, opening in Summer 2023. Puttshack will be a major entertainment destination for Dallas area residents and visitors alike. With 28,000 square-feet expanding across a two-story space, Puttshack Dallas will offer a never-before-seen game component within Puttshack’s mini golf experience. It will feature four custom-made, tech-driven, highly competitive mini golf courses, powered by the brand’s leading patented Trackaball technology that keeps score for you as you play. The game play is matched by an innovative, globally inspired dining menu, signature cocktails and full-service bar, as well as world-class hospitality and a high-energy, upscale nightclub vibe. The new location will hold multiple private event spaces for exclusive parties, including a mezzanine area. The main bar itself will extend across two floors...

https://www.puttshack.com/the-experience

flyswatter

Postby flyswatter » 12 May 2022 10:23

Must be going into the old 24 hour fitness space. Can't think of any other space big enough for this at Village on the Parkway

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 12 May 2022 13:26

Unless Amazon shutters Whole Foods lol
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 12 May 2022 15:37

Addison wrote:Puttshack Inks Agreement to Open in Dallas

https://www.fsrmagazine.com/content/put ... pen-dallas

Puttshack, the world’s first and only upscale, tech-infused mini golf experience with global food and drink, announced today the signing of a new lease at the Village on the Parkway, an open-air shopping destination within the Dallas metropolitan area. Located at 5100 Belt Line Road in Addison, this new location joins Puttshack’s growing list of upcoming destinations and will be the second in Texas, opening in Summer 2023. Puttshack will be a major entertainment destination for Dallas area residents and visitors alike. With 28,000 square-feet expanding across a two-story space, Puttshack Dallas will offer a never-before-seen game component within Puttshack’s mini golf experience. It will feature four custom-made, tech-driven, highly competitive mini golf courses, powered by the brand’s leading patented Trackaball technology that keeps score for you as you play. The game play is matched by an innovative, globally inspired dining menu, signature cocktails and full-service bar, as well as world-class hospitality and a high-energy, upscale nightclub vibe. The new location will hold multiple private event spaces for exclusive parties, including a mezzanine area. The main bar itself will extend across two floors...

https://www.puttshack.com/the-experience

"world's first and only upscale, tech-infused mini golf"
Puttery in Grandscape & across the country would like a word

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 17 May 2022 18:31

Can I add "synergy" to that mix?
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”

Addison

Postby Addison » 12 Jun 2022 19:51

Kelley USA wrote:Addison is sort of a funny restaurant market. Everybody thinks they need to open a location in Addison, but I see so many concepts open & close. Even a number of successful concepts seem like they're just getting by. I love Meso Maya, but it was never really that crowded for some reason. Now some concepts absolutely thrive here (i.e. Hudson House, Chuy's, Ida Claire, Kenny's).

Very true.

I'm surprised Addison was left mostly unscathed by the COVID restaurant closures. Remington's, Kobe Japanese Steakhouse, Chamberlain's Fish Market and Flying Saucer were the only big casualities. But the kicker is the spaces for all of these (except Remington's) have already been spoken for with new restaurants under developmemt (Benihana, Biscuit Bar and some Asian BBQ concept).

I suspect part of the issue is staffing. There are so many restaurants in close proximity that these franchise and corporate operations struggled to compete for high quality workers. I've noticed a lot of the chains with Addison locations tend to have poorer reviews than others.

But I personally like the fact that a lot of the establishment are generally not as busy.

flyswatter

Postby flyswatter » 13 Jun 2022 11:08

Staffing is surely a big part of it and it is definitely noticeable. I think a lot of these places also heavily rely on the business traffic. Now that most corporations have brought people back into the offices around here and rush hour traffic is a thing people want to avoid again, the crowds are quite big between 5-8pm and even during lunch these places seem to get slammed.

Flying Saucer only ever felt busy pre-COVID during happy hour times so no surprise when it lost the corporate people who wanted to grab a drink after work it couldn't survive. Did some minor bar hopping on a weekday recently and Sidecar Social had 2 corporate groups there...Lazy Dog and TKs both had a corporate thing as well.

Addison

Postby Addison » 15 Jun 2022 10:44

Kelley USA wrote:Addison is sort of a funny restaurant market. Everybody thinks they need to open a location in Addison, but I see so many concepts open & close. Even a number of successful concepts seem like they're just getting by. I love Meso Maya, but it was never really that crowded for some reason. Now some concepts absolutely thrive here (i.e. Hudson House, Chuy's, Ida Claire, Kenny's).

According to CultureMap, it wasn't Meso Maya's decision to close. The landlord chose not to renew their lease.

In fact, they said business was quite good and they had invested a lot into that location.

https://dallas.culturemap.com/news/rest ... -el-fenix/

Addison

Postby Addison » 15 Jun 2022 11:00

Oh, and as far as Flying Saucer, I heard part of the reason they closed is because the city of Addison was giving them the flux with approvals to renovate/upgrade their building. It was a pretty old structure.

And that doesn't surprise me after I saw them put Benihana through the ringer over their Sign variance request.

The_Overdog

Postby The_Overdog » 15 Jun 2022 11:37

city of Addison was giving them the flux with approvals to renovate/upgrade their building

Per the owner, The Flying Saucer wanted to add a patio, but couldn't due to city parking regulations (LOL parking for a bar), so instead they choose not to renew their lease.

Addison

Postby Addison » 28 Jun 2022 21:37

Get your fill in delicious Addison, the restaurant capital of the U.S.

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/tra ... staurants/

Addison

Postby Addison » 05 Oct 2022 14:01

Addison wrote:

Very true.

I'm surprised Addison was left mostly unscathed by the COVID restaurant closures. Remington's, Kobe Japanese Steakhouse, Chamberlain's Fish Market and Flying Saucer were the only big casualities. But the kicker is the spaces for all of these (except Remington's) have already been spoken for with new restaurants under developmemt (Benihana, Biscuit Bar and some Asian BBQ concept).

I suspect part of the issue is staffing. There are so many restaurants in close proximity that these franchise and corporate operations struggled to compete for high quality workers. I've noticed a lot of the chains with Addison locations tend to have poorer reviews than others.

But I personally like the fact that a lot of the establishment are generally not as busy.

It seems the old space for Remington's is now spoken for too.

The Toasted Yolk Cafe is currently going through zoning/license approvals to open a location there.
Last edited by Addison on 05 Oct 2022 14:27, edited 1 time in total.

Addison

Postby Addison » 05 Oct 2022 14:17

And while this is technically Addison-adjacent, it seems both Burlington and HomeGoods have signed leases to take over the former Best Buy & Office Depot spaces at Prestonwood Town Center.

And of course, construction's moving fast with the Sprouts at Trinity Mills & DNT.

It's always nice to see more new-to-market retail in this submarket with the somewhat dour discussions that take place in the Galleria thread.

Addison

Postby Addison » 19 Dec 2022 23:34

Several new developments in the pipeline:

1. Dallas (OK, Addison) Is Finally Getting a Nando’s

https://www.dmagazine.com/food-drink/20 ... -a-nandos/

Nando’s is an international chain of peri peri chicken restaurants with more than a thousand locations worldwide. Peri peri chicken, if you don’t know it yet, is a preparation of marinated and grilled chicken with loads of citrus, vinegar, and hot bird’s eye chile peppers. It’s the product of a cultural exchange between Brazil (which supplied the peppers), southern Africa (which supplied the grilling and now grows the peppers), and Portugal (which brought the food to the rest of the world).

The new Nando’s will be at that giant development in Addison where Belt Line Road meets Dallas North Tollway, the one with the Whole Foods, Gorji, and new Loro. I’m not sure which space it is, specifically, but it will have a shaded patio seating 90 in addition to an interior designed by a London-based architecture firm. The estimated opening time is late spring 2023.

2. Modern Animal Announces First Expansion Beyond California, Arriving in Austin, Dallas Summer 2023.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 75004.html

Los Angeles-based veterinary upstart Modern Animal today revealed plans to bring their fully-integrated veterinary experience to the pet owners and care providers of Austin and Dallas, Texas next summer.

Modern Animal is a next-generation veterinary company that passionately believes in the need to reimagine veterinary care on human terms. Modern Animal focuses on drastically improving the relationship between pet owners and care providers by offering an innovative membership model that lowers the barriers to care for pet owners, building technology that enables greater ease and flexibility, and creating thoughtful clinic spaces that make care more comfortable. It currently operates 6 general practice veterinary clinics in Los Angeles and San Francisco, serving tens of thousands of pet owners.

^^^Modern Animal was on the 12/14 agenda for the Planning & Zoning commission. The address will be 5290 Belt Line Road, Suite #134.

3. A 3-story office & retail building is being proposed on the last vacant lot in Village on the Parkway (next to Whole Foods).

^^^This was also on the 12/14 agenda for the Planning & Zoning commission.

https://agendas.addisontx.gov/agenda_pu ... 94&prev=0#

GunnerDallas

Postby GunnerDallas » 20 Dec 2022 09:54

The new Nando’s will be at that giant development in Addison where Belt Line Road meets Dallas North Tollway, the one with the Whole Foods, Gorji, and new Loro. I’m not sure which space it is, specifically, but it will have a shaded patio seating 90 in addition to an interior designed by a London-based architecture firm. The estimated opening time is late spring 2023.

I wonder if that's what is going in where the Flying Saucer used to be.

Addison

Postby Addison » 20 Dec 2022 14:47

GunnerDallas wrote:

I wonder if that's what is going in where the Flying Saucer used to be.

Loro (an Asian BBQ restaurant) is where Flying Saucer was. Apparently, they just opened.

potatocoins

Postby potatocoins » 20 Dec 2022 15:03

Awesome! I thought we'd be waiting longer for Nando's to open up here, glad it won't be as long of a wait.

Addison

Postby Addison » 22 Dec 2022 17:34

Work has started on HomeGoods as well.

I assume it's the same contractor that's working on Burlington...

Addison

Postby Addison » 04 Jan 2023 17:30

The opening date for Sprouts is February 24th.

Addison

Postby Addison » 29 Apr 2023 14:05

A few Addison observations / updates:

1. The old Humperdinks has been demoloshed. I believe Frost Bank intends to open a full service branch there.

2. Work is ongoing at the old Los Lupes. Not sure what ia destined for the site.

3. Significant progress has been made with the novations at the old Remington's, destined for the Toasted Yolk Cafe.

4. Significant progress has been made with the renovations at the old Chamberlain Fish Market (destined for Oak'd BBQ). Signange is up as well.

5. Jeremiah's Italian Ice, a chain that is undergoing a DFW expansion, recently opened a location in the same plaza as the Tom Thumb on Marsh Lane.

6. New townhomes are under construction at the corner of Spring Valley and Vitruvian Way.

6. Significant progress has been made on the townhomes next to the Raising Cane's on Belt Line. They're now listed For Sale.

7. Salad & Go next to the old Humperdinks seems to be just about done. I think it's set to open in May.

8. The city of Addison is planning to rejuvenate Montfort Drive (the portion within its borders), similar to what they're doing on Midway.

9. Construction barriers are surrounding the site at the corner of Airport Pkwy. and Addison Road, destined for a 5-over-1 Apartment Complex. The animals are all gone as well.

10. Significant progress has been made on the new (but small) spec office building on Arapaho next to the Radisson. All the steal beams are in place and the crane is gone.

11. Significant progress has been made with renovation of the old Meso Maya. The Sweetgreen signage is already up.