Legacy West Retail

Addison

Re: Legacy West

Postby Addison » 20 Jun 2021 07:15

What's so special about Uniqlo?

My underatanding is that it's just a Japenese Old Navy...

R1070

Postby R1070 » 20 Jun 2021 14:41

Addison wrote:What's so special about Uniqlo?

My underatanding is that it's just a Japenese Old Navy...

They are special as in they aren’t everywhere. It’s probably more aligned with Zara and H&M than Old Navy.

mdg109

Postby mdg109 » 21 Jun 2021 09:51

I'd rather have this kind of retail (Uniqlo, Zara) downtown, especially with the popularity of ATT Discovery and the opening of The Exchange.

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 21 Jun 2021 10:51

My understanding is that it's just a Japanese Old Navy...

As far as everyday basics go, Uniqlo is great, so it's nice to have the physical retail presence to go grab a piece or two. Plus, they do some cool collabs with a wide variety of brands, so hey, I'll take the chance to grab a shirt or two every now and then in person. I'd love to see them open in Legacy West as originally planned/proposed, but just anywhere in the Plano/Frisco area at this point.

And as far as this goes:
mdg109 wrote:I'd rather have this kind of retail (Uniqlo, Zara) downtown, especially with the popularity of ATT Discovery and the opening of The Exchange.

Agreed, I would too, however I'm being selfish and wanting a location in Downtown and Legacy-ish. I don't think there'd be any issues sustaining two locations in DFW, considering how big we are.

Also, nobody has any thoughts about what I said in regards to a smaller, Royal Blue-style grocer going in the last few spaces of Block H in Legacy West..? Really curious as to if that's one, even feasible (based on space, etc.), and two, even remotely likely to happen... Would love to see a grocery option in Legacy. Ugh.
undefinedprocess wrote:Actually, don’t know if it’s even feasible, but I’d love to see the remaining space in Block H (the building where LV, Gucci, etc. are) have a small grocery store. Groceries, basic household items, etc.
1) Do y’all think that’s feasible? Like with the space leftover (think Royal Blue size)..?
2) Would it ever even happen?

THRILLHO

Postby THRILLHO » 21 Jun 2021 11:47

undefinedprocess wrote:I want to see Uniqlo, so damn badly.

Seriously. I have heard rumors floating around about Uniqlo coming here for what seems like a decade at this point but nothing ever materializes.

Addison

Postby Addison » 21 Jun 2021 21:20

undefinedprocess wrote:

My understanding is that it's just a Japanese Old Navy...

As far as everyday basics go, Uniqlo is great, so it's nice to have the physical retail presence to go grab a piece or two. Plus, they do some cool collabs with a wide variety of brands, so hey, I'll take the chance to grab a shirt or two every now and then in person. I'd love to see them open in Legacy West as originally planned/proposed, but just anywhere in the Plano/Frisco area at this point.

And as far as this goes:
mdg109 wrote:I'd rather have this kind of retail (Uniqlo, Zara) downtown, especially with the popularity of ATT Discovery and the opening of The Exchange.

Agreed, I would too, however I'm being selfish and wanting a location in Downtown and Legacy-ish. I don't think there'd be any issues sustaining two locations in DFW, considering how big we are.

Also, nobody has any thoughts about what I said in regards to a smaller, Royal Blue-style grocer going in the last few spaces of Block H in Legacy West..? Really curious as to if that's one, even feasible (based on space, etc.), and two, even remotely likely to happen... Would love to see a grocery option in Legacy. Ugh.
undefinedprocess wrote:Actually, don’t know if it’s even feasible, but I’d love to see the remaining space in Block H (the building where LV, Gucci, etc. are) have a small grocery store. Groceries, basic household items, etc.
1) Do y’all think that’s feasible? Like with the space leftover (think Royal Blue size)..?
2) Would it ever even happen?

That's the thing for me. It's a store that sells everyday basics. I get that it's not everywhere, but that wasn't my point. More importantly, it's not exactly exclusive.

I won't thumb my nose at Uniqlo if it comes (more options are always a good thing), but I would be much more thriled about getting new-to-market brands/stores that add prestige to Dallas' luxury shopping experience (Prada, Bugatti, Bvlgari, Saks, Graff, etc.).

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 27 Jun 2021 00:17

acclar11 wrote:I also wanted to add this-
I found this PDF online about a year ago that has the original proposed layout of Legacy West, but it looks like several of the retailers backed out/went out of business.

http://properties.cbre.us/legacy-west/a ... teplan.pdf

Another interesting thing I see is the proposed RH gallery. Something tells me they were planning on backing out of Willow Bend, which would make sense since Willow Bend is almost completely dead now with RH and Crate and Barrel being its last redeeming factor. That's now where the luxury stores are. Allen Edmonds and Anthropologie, are also stores that were most likely planned to move out of Willow Bend, and now I wonder where they're going to relocate to now that that mall's almost dead and Legacy West is starting to lease up most of its space.

Addison

Postby Addison » 27 Jun 2021 08:06

Proquest20 wrote:
I found this PDF online about a year ago that has the original proposed layout of Legacy West, but it looks like several of the retailers backed out/went out of business.

Another interesting thing I see is the proposed RH gallery. Something tells me they were planning on backing out of Willow Bend, which would make sense since Willow Bend is almost completely dead now with RH and Crate and Barrel being its last redeeming factor. That's now where the luxury stores are. Allen Edmonds and Anthropologie, are also stores that were most likely planned to move out of Willow Bend, and now I wonder where they're going to relocate to now that that mall's almost dead and Legacy West is starting to lease up most of its space.

Neiman Marcus is still at Willow Bend too.

As long as it doesn't go anywhere, the mall should continue to limp along.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 27 Jun 2021 16:47

Addison wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:

Neiman Marcus is still at Willow Bend too.

As long as it doesn't go anywhere, the mall should continue to limp along.

Either way, it’s very much obvious that the developers of Legacy West planned to speed up that mall’s ageing process. They’ve somewhat succeeded, as they did get the J. Crew to relocate.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 19 Jul 2021 13:26

Developer Crow seeks planning approval for new 25-story Plano tower
The Legacy business park project is being pitched to large office tenants.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... ano-tower/

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 09 Sep 2021 13:37

Legacy West development would add two office towers
Ryan LLC would anchor the office project planned near the tollway and State Highway 121.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... ce-towers/

Two office towers are in the works for one of the last building sites in Plano’s $3 billion Legacy West development.

Dallas-based tax services firm Ryan LLC bought the more than 6-acre development site near the southwest corner of the Dallas North Tollway and State Highway 121 in 2017. The vacant block is north of Liberty Mutual Insurance and JPMorgan Chase’s huge Legacy West office campuses.

Since the purchase, Ryan, which is now based on LBJ Freeway in the Galleria Dallas complex, has been working on plans for the Legacy West site.

Now the firm has filed plans with the city of Plano for 23-story and 10-story buildings on the property at Communications Parkway and S.H. 121.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 09 Sep 2021 17:55

There’s plenty of land to build on in that upper corner. I hope some more residential towers can get squeezed in there.

The_Overdog

Postby The_Overdog » 10 Sep 2021 16:13

A second car dealership is looking to open in Legacy West.
https://www.lucidmotors.com/ Lucid Electric Cars is replacing the closed Barnes & Noble. Seem to be copying Tesla's model, with little inventory and all cars special ordered.

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 11 Sep 2021 13:20

R1070 wrote:There’s plenty of land to build on in that upper corner. I hope some more residential towers can get squeezed in there.

I've been saying this. Known about the plans for the Ryan LLC offices in that corner for years now, but we just didn't know when they'd finally happen, and glad to see it's happening, but I hope that they leave space for some more residential. Too much office going in IMO. And for it to be going in on that end of LW... Would hope to see a bit of ground-floor retail or a cafe or something to serve all the residents on that side.
Trammell Crow has their office project on the south side of Legacy West, and it's only going to expand.
More residential, please.

acclar11

Postby acclar11 » 14 Sep 2021 20:34

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/ret ... -pandemic/

I don't expect those 4 spaces near Tory Burch to stay vacant long. I wonder if we’re going to see more luxury soon at Legacy West.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 18 Sep 2021 14:22

I’m so glad that Legacy West exists in times like this, so that these kinds of stores don’t end up in the hellhole that is Stonebriar.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 23 Sep 2021 11:38

Proquest20 wrote:I’m so glad that Legacy West exists in times like this, so that these kinds of stores don’t end up in the hellhole that is Stonebriar.

Couldn't agree more!

Cmacemm

Postby Cmacemm » 24 Sep 2021 13:56

THRILLHO wrote:

Seriously. I have heard rumors floating around about Uniqlo coming here for what seems like a decade at this point but nothing ever materializes.

I'm late to this but 95% of my wardrobe comes from Uniqlo. Now I'm really digging Primark too

flyswatter

Postby flyswatter » 24 Sep 2021 14:07

It is actually a bit surprising that Uniqlo has not entered any Texas markets.

Addison

Postby Addison » 24 Sep 2021 15:39

flyswatter wrote:It is actually a bit surprising that Uniqlo has not entered any Texas markets.

They had plans to open in Houston right before the Pandemic hit.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 26 Sep 2021 21:22

Cmacemm wrote:
THRILLHO wrote:

I'm late to this but 95% of my wardrobe comes from Uniqlo. Now I'm really digging Primark too

I’ve been saying that both of these stores really need to come to Willow Bend. It’s the perfect spot - not only do they have tons of space to lease, but new-to-market stores like these would most definitely draw crowds back there. Uniqlo could take up the space A’gaci vacated, while Primark can take up the building where the movie theatre was supposed to go.

acclar11

Postby acclar11 » 27 Sep 2021 20:46

Proquest20 wrote:
Cmacemm wrote:
THRILLHO wrote:Seriously. I have heard rumors floating around about Uniqlo coming here for what seems like a decade at this point but nothing ever materializes.

I’ve been saying that both of these stores really need to come to Willow Bend. It’s the perfect spot - not only do they have tons of space to lease, but new-to-market stores like these would most definitely draw crowds back there. Uniqlo could take up the space A’gaci vacated, while Primark can take up the building where the movie theatre was supposed to go.

As much as people want Willow Bend to add more stores, they just won't. The mall has been open 20 years, and has never done well. I think the ship has sailed for WB. Once Vineyard Vines, Brooks Brothers, L'Occitane, Loft, Anthropologie, & Swarovski head out, the mall will probably follow suit.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 27 Sep 2021 22:22

acclar11 wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:
Cmacemm wrote:I'm late to this but 95% of my wardrobe comes from Uniqlo. Now I'm really digging Primark too

As much as people want Willow Bend to add more stores, they just won't. The mall has been open 20 years, and has never done well. I think the ship has sailed for WB. Once Vineyard Vines, Brooks Brothers, L'Occitane, Loft, Anthropologie, & Swarovski head out, the mall will probably follow suit.

I think that, with the growing density of Plano and the way that Legacy West, the Shops at Legacy, and Stonebriar are all mostly leased, the new owners of Willow Bend do have a chance to bring it back. Unfortunately, with notable stores like Sephora, Aritzia, Apple and Hollister closing and many others following along, this is going to be a huge challenge. Yes, I think if those stores somehow ended up at WB it would really help turn it around, but at the end of the day there’s so many other places they can end up, maybe even in Dallas proper. Downtown, Park Lane, Knox-Henderson, or even the Galleria would all be good locations, or maybe the new Collin Creek development once they finish it.

Addison

Postby Addison » 27 Sep 2021 22:34

The entire DNT corridor is struggling with retail redundancy.

For example, before COVID, there were 3 Banana Republic store along the route between I-635 and Highway 121. Was the demand really there for that?

Even now, I don't think the corridor can support 2 LV / Gucci / Tiffany stores (and I tend to believe the clock is just running out on their leases at the Galleria), but time will tell. I also don't think it can support 3 Macy's stores.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 28 Sep 2021 00:41

Which is why, I feel, that it is very necessary that these shopping centers focus on bringing new-to-market experiences rather than having such redundancies. For example, Neiman Marcus, unlike Macy’s, is able to have more success at Willow Bend due to the fact that it’s their only location in Collin County, along with the DNT corridor. It’s also why I feel that, Primark and Uniqlo may be able to bring more success to a center that many may consider to be bland and dead. The furniture stores at Willow Bend obviously do great business too, as I remember Legacy West trying to snag RH from them in an early leasing plan.

Legacy West has done a good job at attracting retailers that either only have one location in the metro area, or are new to market. Sure, some of the retailers, like Victoria’s Secret or MAC, may seem redundant due to the surrounding locations at Willow Bend and the Galleria, and it seems like an odd choice that Coach keeps their Stonebriar store open after opening at Legacy West (I hope they close at Stonebriar soon; it feels out of place), but they’re able to compliment the other stores like Filson, Fabletics, and Bonobos, some of which are new to the metro area entirely. The Galleria and Willow Bend seem to have lost most of these stores to places like NorthPark and Legacy West which combine regular, every-day outlets with brand new experiences.

I do agree that those luxury stores at the Galleria will probably leave once their leases end, especially with them opening stores in Plano and Fort Worth in past years and expanding/renovating at NorthPark. It’s interesting that the metro area has more Louis Vuitton stores than, say, Zara stores.

vman

Postby vman » 28 Sep 2021 07:17

Proquest20 wrote: especially with them opening stores in Plano and Fort Worth in past years

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Fort Worth stores. I've heard that the Neiman's and some other luxury stores in the Clearfork development have been underperforming even before the pandemic.

Addison

Postby Addison » 28 Sep 2021 08:03

vman wrote:
Proquest20 wrote: especially with them opening stores in Plano and Fort Worth in past years

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Fort Worth stores. I've heard that the Neiman's and some other luxury stores in the Clearfork development have been underperforming even before the pandemic.

Not surprised to hear that.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 28 Sep 2021 09:05

Addison wrote:
vman wrote:

In that case, it’s Willow Bend part 2. The location is kind of weird - it has proximity to Hulen Mall, but I do think this type of development would have done much better near Sundance Square or the Stockyards. Most people probably don’t even know it exists.

acclar11

Postby acclar11 » 28 Sep 2021 16:48

Proquest20 wrote:
Addison wrote:
vman wrote:It will be interesting to see what happens with the Fort Worth stores. I've heard that the Neiman's and some other luxury stores in the Clearfork development have been underperforming even before the pandemic.

In that case, it’s Willow Bend part 2. The location is kind of weird - it has proximity to Hulen Mall, but I do think this type of development would have done much better near Sundance Square or the Stockyards. Most people probably don’t even know it exists.

I don't think there's enough luxury demand in Fort Worth for Clearfork to do well. I know most of their customers come from TCU, but how many Louis Vuitton bags can a college kid buy?

Addison

Postby Addison » 28 Sep 2021 17:16

acclar11 wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:
Addison wrote:

I don't think there's enough luxury demand in Fort Worth for Clearfork to do well. I know most of their customers come from TCU, but how many Louis Vuitton bags can a college kid buy?

Agreed.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 28 Sep 2021 17:45

acclar11 wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:
Addison wrote:

Right - if they’re going to do luxury in Fort Worth, it would be so much better to do it in a tourist area that attracts a wider variety of people than in a hidden center with only a college campus nearby. I could see those stores doing much better at Sundance Square.

acclar11

Postby acclar11 » 29 Sep 2021 10:02

Proquest20 wrote:
acclar11 wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:In that case, it’s Willow Bend part 2. The location is kind of weird - it has proximity to Hulen Mall, but I do think this type of development would have done much better near Sundance Square or the Stockyards. Most people probably don’t even know it exists.

Right - if they’re going to do luxury in Fort Worth, it would be so much better to do it in a tourist area that attracts a wider variety of people than in a hidden center with only a college campus nearby. I could see those stores doing much better at Sundance Square.

I have friends that go to TCU, and they don't even know that it exists. I went there for the first time this summer, and I had to take all these back roads to finally get inside the shopping center.

Addison

Postby Addison » 29 Sep 2021 11:07

acclar11 wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:
acclar11 wrote:I don't think there's enough luxury demand in Fort Worth for Clearfork to do well. I know most of their customers come from TCU, but how many Louis Vuitton bags can a college kid buy?

I have friends that go to TCU, and they don't even know that it exists. I went there for the first time this summer, and I had to take all these back roads to finally get inside the shopping center.

Location is definitely weird too.

Besides Sundance Square, somewhere in North Fort Worth would have been a better fit, perhaps where Highway 287 and I-35W intersect.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 29 Sep 2021 22:12

I agree. That area near Tanger seems to do really well.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 05 Oct 2021 09:56

Multi-tenant office tower to break ground early next year at Legacy West

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... 7#cxrecs_s

Minneapolis-based Ryan Companies US is gearing up to break ground on a 400,000-square-foot multi-tenant office tower at Legacy West in Plano.

Located at State Highway 121 and Windrose Drive, the 24-story tower is already 50% pre-leased. According to a news release, Ryan Companies is planning to break ground in Q1 2022.

“Legacy West is already a booming retail and dining destination for the City of Plano and surrounding area,” said Paul Rowsey, vice president of real estate development, Ryan Companies, in a prepared statement. “A Class AA office building will complement the existing amenities and offer future tenants an elevated experience.”

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 05 Oct 2021 09:59

Not a bad looking building but can't capture the image, maybe somebody else can.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 05 Oct 2021 12:20

First look: New tower on the way at Plano’s $3 billion Legacy West
Ryan LLC will move its headquarters from Far North Dallas to new office high-rise on S.H. 121.

DBJ pic is better but this one isn't bad.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... gacy-west/

THRILLHO

Postby THRILLHO » 05 Oct 2021 12:43

Well it certainly fits in... :?

Legacy really answering the question of what a skyline would look like if it were made up entirely of glass tissue boxes.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 05 Oct 2021 15:10

THRILLHO wrote:Well it certainly fits in... :?

Legacy really answering the question of what a skyline would look like if it were made up entirely of glass tissue boxes.

Isn't LVL 29 a giant oval? And to be fair most buildings that go up end up being giant boxes, look at NewPark and what they want to build. Boxes, just bigger boxes than we see here.

THRILLHO

Postby THRILLHO » 05 Oct 2021 16:07

Tnexster wrote:Isn't LVL 29 a giant oval? And to be fair most buildings that go up end up being giant boxes, look at NewPark and what they want to build. Boxes, just bigger boxes than we see here.

Yeah, that's kinda what I'm getting at. But anything built downtown has the benefit of being surrounding by a mix of architectural styles built over decades.

But when you're creating a 'skyline' from scratch right now when the trend is glass boxes, you get, well, just a bunch of glass boxes.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 05 Oct 2021 16:23

THRILLHO wrote:
Tnexster wrote:Isn't LVL 29 a giant oval? And to be fair most buildings that go up end up being giant boxes, look at NewPark and what they want to build. Boxes, just bigger boxes than we see here.

Yeah, that's kinda what I'm getting at. But anything built downtown has the benefit of being surrounding by a mix of architectural styles built over decades.

But when you're creating a 'skyline' from scratch right now when the trend is glass boxes, you get, well, just a bunch of glass boxes.

I tend to agree, I would be okay if they would build something a little more architecturally significant in the midst of all these boxes. LVL is better than a box but Legacy needs a signature tower as does Hall Office Park. I guess the box is efficient and that's why its there. It's cheap and easy.

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 05 Oct 2021 20:56

Here's the render from the DBJ article.
One thing... The empty land on the bottom left corner of this image; do they own that, too? If so, that feels like a huge waste to have nothing there. Another tower (residential or office, whatever, with ground-floor retail/cafe/whatever) could go there, easily. Sigh if that's the case.
RyanLLCHQLegacyWest.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LongonBigD

Postby LongonBigD » 05 Oct 2021 23:47

I’m pretty sure there are two lots available at that corner (split by Windrose Ave). This tower would be west side, that empty lot depicted would still be available.

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 11 Oct 2021 15:31

This may be a longshot, but if what LongonBigD says is true about the lots, do y'all think a little "extension" of "Legacy West" (the core Windrose strip) could work down here?

Let's say one of these lots gets filled up by a residential tower (unlikely but that'd be great). Cool, have a little ground floor cafe or something down there. Could get a decent amount of business from Liberty Mutual, Chase, and future Ryan employees, as well as LVL29, Windrose Tower, and Windsor Metro West residents. But on these remaining lots, could some retail/dining be supported? On that side of Headquarters (the north side), there's a lot of residential and commercial already, so could an extra bit of retail/restaurants potentially pull some of the activity from the main part of Windrose across Headquarters?

Or am I dreaming/talking out my ass? Let me know. Very likely that I am, especially since what I just described has a 99.999% chance of not happening.

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 13 Oct 2021 16:26

Someone humor me and reply regarding the above post I made. ^ lol

Just curious as to everyone's thoughts on what I wrote above.

LongonBigD

Postby LongonBigD » 13 Oct 2021 16:41

Other than services for the immediate tenants, whether residential or office, I don’t see major retail here. To get from Legacy West shopping, you would have to walk 2-3 blocks north past LM parking monstrosity and then two more donut apt complexes. I just don’t see it connecting. That’s close enough if you live in one of those apts, so not much motivation to expand retail IMHO.

New construction may not have much (a deli perhaps??) or not. Consider that Chase is self contained. They have a Starbucks store, Chase bank branch and two food courts only accessible inside the compound.

That being said, I retract it all if they build a hotel at the north end of Windrose. Then you might have enough demand to connect both ends. Anybody have insight into the Renaissance’s occupancy at Legacy West?

vman

Postby vman » 14 Oct 2021 08:01

^^^
A LARGE hotel on the north side of Headquarters could possibly help connect both sides of Legacy West, but it's still a stretch. It's really a dead zone on that end.

On another note, now that construction is done on the pedestrian walkaway across the tollway, I've noticed more people actually walking between Legacy West and The Shops at Legacy. I might walk it one day while I'm at work.

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 15 Oct 2021 10:50

vman wrote:^^^
A LARGE hotel on the north side of Headquarters could possibly help connect both sides of Legacy West, but it's still a stretch. It's really a dead zone on that end.

On another note, now that construction is done on the pedestrian walkaway across the tollway, I've noticed more people actually walking between Legacy West and The Shops at Legacy. I might walk it one day while I'm at work.

Hadn't though about a hotel. That'd definitely help... Would be interesting to see what sort of hotel could/would go in there if it were to happen. Not even sure what brand doesn't have a flag in the immediate area.

And honestly, the walkway is underwhelming, but still good at the same time. They have some planters and rainbow lights that add some really mediocre spice at night, but I gotta admit, it's more than I expected from Plano, especially since it seems the previously approved deck park will never happen.

Although it isn't much, it does help connect Legacy West & Shops at Legacy, so that's good. If only Dallas Pkwy could be put on a diet/speed reduction from Spring Creek or Tennyson all the way up to Headquarters, both northbound/southbound.

vman

Postby vman » 15 Oct 2021 13:04

undefinedprocess wrote:
especially since it seems the previously approved deck park will never happen.

That's a shame because if any area would greatly benefit from a deck park, this is it.

Speaking of parks...is that some sort of park on the north end of Headquarters between the highrise apartment tower and the midrise one? I only drive by it on my way to work and it's always still dark , so I've never seen it in the light.

vman

Postby vman » 15 Oct 2021 13:05

vman wrote:
undefinedprocess wrote:
especially since it seems the previously approved deck park will never happen.

That's a shame because if any area would greatly benefit from a deck park, this is it.

Speaking of parks...is that some sort of park on the north end of Communications Pkway between the highrise apartment tower and the midrise one? I only drive by it on my way to work and it's always still dark , so I've never seen it in the light.