Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

Legacy West

Tivo_Kenevil

Re: Legacy West

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 04 Nov 2020 22:51

texasstar wrote:
undefinedprocess wrote: What would y'all like to see in the Legacy West area/development itself?

Nothing. I want to see everything new in the area migrate across the 121 to Frisco's Platinum District. :D

I believe it's called the Platinum Corridor. If there ever was a cringe name, this is it.
SoGood takes runner up

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 05 Nov 2020 05:56

Somewhere in Collin County, I'd like to see an arts/cultural/community district of some sort, something that serves the population within 10-12 miles but is complimentary to the institutions in Fort Worth and Dallas.

I'd like to see the vast corporate presence in Plano/Frisco really contribute to the curriculum, endowment and recruitment moxy of UNT, for Collin County campus but especially the Denton campus. With strong and consistent support from the public company world, UNT can make the move to Tier One - certainly needs the help - with the additional financial, decision making and long-term commitment from the corporate world, UNT can get deliver mundane research and academic prestige for the business world, but more importantly the university can become a better music and art university.

The_Overdog

Postby The_Overdog » 05 Nov 2020 12:24

I don't get the feeling Legacy is stalled at all. Plans for more Granite Park towers are in the works, the JC Penny campus stuff is moving forward, and plans for additional residential towers on the east side of DNT & Legacy are still underway. Just be patient.

This one is not tall, but for example:
https://communityimpact.com/dallas-fort ... ness-park/

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 05 Nov 2020 13:31

Does anyone have an update on the Tiffany and Louis Vuitton stores that are coming to Legacy West? When announced back in March, it was said they were to be completed in September and October.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 06 Nov 2020 09:32

Tucy wrote:Does anyone have an update on the Tiffany and Louis Vuitton stores that are coming to Legacy West? When announced back in March, it was said they were to be completed in September and October.

I think construction on the building has taken longer than anticipated. Within the past 2 weeks though they have put up plywood on those spots and put up signage for Tiffany, Louis and another brand which I don't recall right now.

P.S.> Just remembered the other one is Gucci.

undefinedprocess

Postby undefinedprocess » 06 Nov 2020 10:16

Kelley USA wrote:
Tucy wrote:Does anyone have an update on the Tiffany and Louis Vuitton stores that are coming to Legacy West? When announced back in March, it was said they were to be completed in September and October.

I think construction on the building has taken longer than anticipated. Within the past 2 weeks though they have put up plywood on those spots and put up signage for Tiffany, Louis and another brand which I don't recall right now.

P.S.> Just remembered the other one is Gucci.

I haven't even seen the Tiffany signage yet, but I haven't been in Legacy West as often as of late. I do know that Tory Burch is also going in Block H (to the right of Gucci, I believe). Instrata (the new apartments on the west side of Block H) are nearly done, and move-ins are starting soon. I wonder how the office portion of that project is going... Obviously, retail won't be open until spring of 2021, but the residential and office are a lot further along, I believe.

I still want The Campus at Legacy West to happen. https://dallasnews.imgix.net/1525784630-campuslegacywest.jpg

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 06 Nov 2020 11:07

Thanks Kelley and Undefined. Interesting that there has been secrecy about the Gucci and Tory Burch stores. I haven't seen anything in the news and cannot find anything on-line about either.

undefinedprocess

Postby undefinedprocess » 06 Nov 2020 11:23

Tucy wrote:Thanks Kelley and Undefined. Interesting that there has been secrecy about the Gucci and Tory Burch stores. I haven't seen anything in the news and cannot find anything on-line about either.

I believe D Magazine is the only place I've seen anything whatsoever regarding Gucci. A few construction filing sites mention Gucci, but otherwise, I only found out about it through the actual signage that was put up beginning of October.

Also, this question goes to everyone on here, but didn't want to create a new thread (don't want to get yelled at lol)... Would anyone be interested in a Discord server for this kind of stuff? Would love to have a quicker, more candid place to speak about development stuff for those of us who are... beyond obsessed. :?

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 12 Nov 2020 13:59

The_Overdog wrote:I don't get the feeling Legacy is stalled at all. Plans for more Granite Park towers are in the works, the JC Penny campus stuff is moving forward, and plans for additional residential towers on the east side of DNT & Legacy are still underway. Just be patient.

$1 billion Plano redevelopment of former J.C. Penney HQ transfers to lender Beal Bank

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/real-estate/2020/11/11/1-billion-plano-redevelopment-project-transferred-to-lender/

undefinedprocess

Postby undefinedprocess » 16 Nov 2020 09:49

The_Overdog wrote:I don't get the feeling Legacy is stalled at all. Plans for more Granite Park towers are in the works, the JC Penny campus stuff is moving forward, and plans for additional residential towers on the east side of DNT & Legacy are still underway. Just be patient.

This one is not tall, but for example:
https://communityimpact.com/dallas-fort ... ness-park/

Do you have any links to proposals or plans to the future residential towers on the west & east side of DNT (Legacy area) that you're referring to? Just saw this post and I haven't seen anything myself, so I'd love love love to see anything you've seen. I want Legacy to continue to explode... :D

I apologize for overly nerding out lol

undefinedprocess

Postby undefinedprocess » 16 Nov 2020 09:50

Tucy wrote:

$1 billion Plano redevelopment of former J.C. Penney HQ transfers to lender Beal Bank

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/real-estate/2020/11/11/1-billion-plano-redevelopment-project-transferred-to-lender/

I'm sad that The Campus at Legacy West (at least the original plans) are most likely not happening now since all of this has happened... If you were to take a guess, what do you think Beal Bank taking control of this means for the future of the area?

texasstar

Postby texasstar » 21 Nov 2020 21:29

CTroyMathis
Site Admin

Postby CTroyMathis » 22 Nov 2020 15:02

Great photos, Sam!

texasstar

Postby texasstar » 23 Nov 2020 16:15

Thanks, Troy.

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 24 Nov 2020 10:00

Interesting news:

JC Penney Has Quietly Moved Out of its (former) Plano Headquarters
https://www.dallasnews.com/business/ret ... dquarters/

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 24 Nov 2020 10:06

Tucy wrote:Interesting news:

JC Penney Has Quietly Moved Out of its (former) Plano Headquarters
https://www.dallasnews.com/business/ret ... dquarters/

I saw this too! This is some prime real estate they are currently sitting on, I wonder if it could be put to better use.