Dallas Fort Worth Urban Forum

Las Colinas/North Irving Development

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 518
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 08 Jul 2019 16:00

Looks like HomeWorks at Water Street has quietly packed up the rest of their belongings and closed shop... It's an empty shell yet again. I think this is a positive. I had heard they were basically a pop-up tenant anyways, but it makes available a key end-cap spot. I think a cool running / bike store would be a good add, but it'll probably be another restaurant (which I'm cool with too). Might even be a good spot for the long rumored Hopdoddy.

User avatar
kwilliam
Posts: 4
Joined: 13 Sep 2018 21:52

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby kwilliam » 08 Jul 2019 21:13

Anybody have news on the recent passage of liquor sales in Irving? Is Total Wine still planning to move into the old Toys R Us?

User avatar
TXGunLover
Posts: 92
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:10

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby TXGunLover » 08 Jul 2019 21:16

I haven't seen anything definitive about TW&M other than rumors.

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 518
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 09 Jul 2019 09:18

kwilliam wrote:Anybody have news on the recent passage of liquor sales in Irving? Is Total Wine still planning to move into the old Toys R Us?


I think one positive sign is that Total Wine is a somewhat fairly new member of the Irving / Las Colinas Chamber of Commerce. Seems like an obvious first step to opening up a location!

User avatar
TXGunLover
Posts: 92
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:10

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby TXGunLover » 09 Jul 2019 09:26

Kelley USA wrote:
kwilliam wrote:Anybody have news on the recent passage of liquor sales in Irving? Is Total Wine still planning to move into the old Toys R Us?


I think one positive sign is that Total Wine is a somewhat fairly new member of the Irving / Las Colinas Chamber of Commerce. Seems like an obvious first step to opening up a location!


I wasn't aware of that, and yes, that's a great sign.

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 518
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 09 Jul 2019 10:38

TXGunLover wrote:
Kelley USA wrote:
kwilliam wrote:Anybody have news on the recent passage of liquor sales in Irving? Is Total Wine still planning to move into the old Toys R Us?


I think one positive sign is that Total Wine is a somewhat fairly new member of the Irving / Las Colinas Chamber of Commerce. Seems like an obvious first step to opening up a location!


I wasn't aware of that, and yes, that's a great sign.


Okay, did a little digging on this property. Not saying my sleuthing skills are all that great but noticed the property was recently pulled from LoopNet. It is no longer for sale or lease. Since 2011 it was owned by EDK Toys who obviously had leased the property to Toys R Us. If you remember the property was originally an Albertson's. Could things be coming full circle? Possibly! I noticed a permit was recently filed on this property for interior demo work. The owner was listed as ABS, TX Investor. A quick search shows that company with an address in Boise, ID which just happens to be the exact same address for Albertson's corporate. And who does Albertson's own? Well Market Street of course! Could this be the reason they bailed on the Shops of Las Colinas development, to open here instead?

User avatar
ContriveDallasite
Posts: 273
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 03:34
Location: München

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby ContriveDallasite » 09 Jul 2019 12:05

Kelley USA wrote:
TXGunLover wrote:
Kelley USA wrote:
I think one positive sign is that Total Wine is a somewhat fairly new member of the Irving / Las Colinas Chamber of Commerce. Seems like an obvious first step to opening up a location!


I wasn't aware of that, and yes, that's a great sign.


Okay, did a little digging on this property. Not saying my sleuthing skills are all that great but noticed the property was recently pulled from LoopNet. It is no longer for sale or lease. Since 2011 it was owned by EDK Toys who obviously had leased the property to Toys R Us. If you remember the property was originally an Albertson's. Could things be coming full circle? Possibly! I noticed a permit was recently filed on this property for interior demo work. The owner was listed as ABS, TX Investor. A quick search shows that company with an address in Boise, ID which just happens to be the exact same address for Albertson's corporate. And who does Albertson's own? Well Market Street of course! Could this be the reason they bailed on the Shops of Las Colinas development, to open here instead?


That would be a funny full circle turn around considering Albertsons was in the location for ages before Toys R Us.

User avatar
Brettoj
Posts: 42
Joined: 24 Oct 2016 17:26

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Brettoj » 09 Jul 2019 12:18

Anyone know what all the balloons are for on the piece of land across the lake from Williams Square?

User avatar
TXGunLover
Posts: 92
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:10

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby TXGunLover » 19 Jul 2019 08:51

Mexican Sugar has been permitted as expected next to Whiskey Cake.

User avatar
TXGunLover
Posts: 92
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:10

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby TXGunLover » 19 Jul 2019 09:46

Totally 3rd hand information, but one of the workers in the Toys 'R Us building told someone else that asked they were working on a new Total Wine & More. If true, YAY!

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 518
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 19 Jul 2019 10:03

^^ Good info! Also, looks like Big Air Trampoline will be taking over the former Dick's Sporting Goods Store on 635.

https://www.bigairusa.com/lascolinas/

User avatar
ignition
Posts: 16
Joined: 25 Oct 2017 14:30

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby ignition » 19 Jul 2019 14:50

Not sure if it's been mentioned or not but just learned that the WeYogis yoga studio in Water Street is closing effective next Friday (7/26). I learned that right after my class last night... pretty annoyed and, honestly, surprised as all the classes I've ever attended there have ranged from pretty full to completely full. I'm hoping another yoga studio moves in there to take advantage of the space.

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 518
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 22 Jul 2019 09:54

I do know that a number of the tenants at Water Street were considered "pop-up" stores. I think WeYogis might have been one of those along with Homeward Hound and HomeWorks. That would make sense. Their build-out was very minimal and perhaps they don't see enough activity to sign a long-term lease moving forward.

On another Water Street note, the build-out for the new coffee shop (Pax & Beneficia) is cruising right along. If you get a chance peek in the window. It's going to be a beautiful little shop. Very impressive!

User avatar
ignition
Posts: 16
Joined: 25 Oct 2017 14:30

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby ignition » 23 Jul 2019 09:00

Darn. Well I'm hoping another yoga studio takes the space because I've gotten used to my weekly stretch class!!

Although I'm thinking there might be more than meets the eye with We Yogis given that they've recently shuttered two other locations in DFW so they might just have overextended themselves.

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 518
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 05 Aug 2019 11:15

A few notes from Water Street...

1. Was riding my bike yesterday and decided to peek in the window to see how progress was going on the new Pax & Beneficia Coffee spot. There were 2 guys inside who saw me peeking in the window and waived me in. Turns out it was the 2 owners. They gave me a little tour and couldn't have been nicer! They are so excited, super sharp guys. The build-out is absolutely beautiful. They said they hope to open in 2-3 weeks. Furniture should arrive this week. They even have a little room to the side that you can use for office meetings. Interesting note... I was telling them how surprised I was that a coffee shop hasn't already opened in the area. They told me they were actually bidding against Starbuck's for the same spot. Assuming the developers and leasing agent wanted to go with someone local?!


Also, looks like the Homeward Hound pet place moved into the vacant HomeWorks spot. Again, they are just a pop-up shop. I've been told that Well Health has signed a lease for that space. It's basically like a Care Now facility from what I can tell.

User avatar
TNWE
Posts: 182
Joined: 03 May 2017 09:42

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby TNWE » 05 Aug 2019 13:46

Kelley USA wrote:A few notes from Water Street...

1. Was riding my bike yesterday and decided to peek in the window to see how progress was going on the new Pax & Beneficia Coffee spot. There were 2 guys inside who saw me peeking in the window and waived me in. Turns out it was the 2 owners. They gave me a little tour and couldn't have been nicer! They are so excited, super sharp guys. The build-out is absolutely beautiful. They said they hope to open in 2-3 weeks. Furniture should arrive this week. They even have a little room to the side that you can use for office meetings. Interesting note... I was telling them how surprised I was that a coffee shop hasn't already opened in the area. They told me they were actually bidding against Starbuck's for the same spot. Assuming the developers and leasing agent wanted to go with someone local?!


So cool! I'll be sure to check them out - it's great to see some non-starbucks coffee culture springing up in the suburbs. Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with starbucks now and again, but local places are the sort of thing that will make the Urban center apartments a neighborhood, not just a residence of cost/convenience

User avatar
aalmog001
Posts: 2
Joined: 31 May 2019 11:49

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby aalmog001 » 06 Aug 2019 11:27

Has anyone heard anything on the Verizon Hidden Ridge Development?

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 518
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 06 Aug 2019 12:01

aalmog001 wrote:Has anyone heard anything on the Verizon Hidden Ridge Development?


It's been very quiet to say the least... I've seen a few mentions in council agendas, and council approved the new DART station stop several months ago. But for the most part no real noise being heard. Assuming lots of stuff might be going on behind the scenes?? Could be they're waiting to attract another office relocation before they start with the retail / hotel / apartment portion. I know they can't start the apartments until a certain percentage of office and retail is started.

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 518
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 19 Aug 2019 12:59

It's official, Total Wine has pulled permits for half of the old Toy's R Us space... Good to see!! On another note, Bar Louie has also pulled permits for an additional 2800 sq ft at the Music Factory. They're taking the whole building. Appears that they're going to redo the entire patio, move the bar to the new space etc... So obviously things are going well for BL if they're expanding and investing!

User avatar
kwilliam
Posts: 4
Joined: 13 Sep 2018 21:52

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby kwilliam » 19 Aug 2019 13:30

Half of the Toys R Us space... Any idea how much sqft that is, and how that compares to their other Total Wine stores?

User avatar
TXGunLover
Posts: 92
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:10

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby TXGunLover » 19 Aug 2019 13:33

kwilliam wrote:Half of the Toys R Us space... Any idea how much sqft that is, and how that compares to their other Total Wine stores?

It's almost perfectly in line with their Lewisville store...

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 518
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 19 Aug 2019 13:49

kwilliam wrote:Half of the Toys R Us space... Any idea how much sqft that is, and how that compares to their other Total Wine stores?


The permit indicates 27,317 sq ft... The total vacant space was 55K since it was a co-branded Toy's R Us & Babies R Us. Assuming they'll take the endcap spot on Las Colinas Blvd.

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 518
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 19 Aug 2019 13:53

Also, did a little bit more digging on the new Blue Star Project at 114 and 161. Looks like both Starbucks and Firebird restaurant Group have signed LOI's. Firebird is the company that owns Meso Maya, La Ventana, Snuffer's and Village Burger Bar. My hunch is we'll see a Meso Maya, but could possibly see a combo of 2 of the concepts. In Addison they have a combo La Ventana and Snuffer's. Would honestly love to see any of these!

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 971
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby muncien » 20 Aug 2019 10:08

Kelley USA wrote:Also, did a little bit more digging on the new Blue Star Project at 114 and 161. Looks like both Starbucks and Firebird restaurant Group have signed LOI's. Firebird is the company that owns Meso Maya, La Ventana, Snuffer's and Village Burger Bar. My hunch is we'll see a Meso Maya, but could possibly see a combo of 2 of the concepts. In Addison they have a combo La Ventana and Snuffer's. Would honestly love to see any of these!


Still pretty bummed that we didn't get more out of this prime site... But, if they manage to put a Snuffers in there, at least I could use the ranch soaked fried mushrooms to make me feel better about it. lol

Also... as for Bar Louis.... That place has been killin it. The bar is full almost every evening before 5pm. Glad they're expanding it. It would be cool if they incorporated a dedicated stage area and brought in some more entertainment.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 518
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 20 Aug 2019 15:58

I think Music Factory is starting to come into it's own... The Bar Louie expansion and the new Taco place and Mama Tried should help further develop the project. What's really missing, and something I think would do killer business is something like Punch Bowl Social. A place with good food, a few bowling lanes, arcade games, maybe some bocce ball, ping pong tables. People need entertainment, not just restaurants and bars!

On another note, a new hotel project was proposed and passed P&Z last night. Location is at 455 Hwy 114 on the corner of Brazos & 114. Scheduled to be an 8 story Cambria Hotel and a 13 story Indigo Hotel. They will share a 2 level underground parking garage. The Indigo will have a restaurant / bar on the 13th floor. Like the height on these!

User avatar
vikachuuu
Posts: 3
Joined: 25 Aug 2019 19:42

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby vikachuuu » 25 Aug 2019 19:45

Does anyone know the status / plan for the proposed shopping center at the intersection of Las Colinas Blvd and 161? Is it still slated for the Market Street grocery store + restaurants?

User avatar
TXGunLover
Posts: 92
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:10

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby TXGunLover » 25 Aug 2019 19:49

vikachuuu wrote:Does anyone know the status / plan for the proposed shopping center at the intersection of Las Colinas Blvd and 161? Is it still slated for the Market Street grocery store + restaurants?


The whole commerical part of the development was cancelled.

User avatar
vikachuuu
Posts: 3
Joined: 25 Aug 2019 19:42

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby vikachuuu » 25 Aug 2019 20:15

TXGunLover wrote:
vikachuuu wrote:Does anyone know the status / plan for the proposed shopping center at the intersection of Las Colinas Blvd and 161? Is it still slated for the Market Street grocery store + restaurants?


The whole commerical part of the development was cancelled.


Man, what a bummer. Do you know if they are still building a hotel there or is that gone too? I am wondering why they have leveled out that land right on the 161 Frontage recently.

User avatar
TXGunLover
Posts: 92
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:10

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby TXGunLover » 25 Aug 2019 20:28

My understanding was that the residential section would continue, but that the rest had been put on the market for other development, whether that be commercial or residential.

User avatar
tamtagon
Site Admin
Posts: 1720
Joined: 16 Oct 2016 12:04

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby tamtagon » 25 Aug 2019 21:29

It's like Las colinas needs a new marketing plan or something

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 971
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby muncien » 27 Aug 2019 10:31

tamtagon wrote:It's like Las colinas needs a new marketing plan or something


I always felt that this intersection was poor for retail. There are so many options along the busy Macarther corridor and I635, while this little section of 161/Las Colinas gets hardly any. The sprawling corporate campuses just south of here don't provide the traffic density to support the area and the 161 frontage road here fizzles out right after this plot.

A denser residential developement would fit well here, with maybe a coffee shop or drug store integrated, but prob not much more than that. Unfortunately, the neighbors freaked out when apartments were previously proposed. So... here we are.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 518
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 27 Aug 2019 12:22

The city would be smart to keep the zoning as retail... It's basically the last available parcel for a significant retail development in Las Colinas. I think we need new updated inventory as the area continues to grow. Before the project was cancelled you already had restaurants like Chuy's, Lazy Dog, Hopdoddy, and PF Chang's that had signed on to the project. The reality is there's very limited space, and quality space, for retailers / restaurants to enter the market.

I would love to see Las Colinas Village on 114 sort of reposition itself as a more upscale shopping center. It has some nice bookends with Taco Diner / Starbucks and The Ranch / The Keg, but the reality is about 60% of the tenants are just crap. There's been quite a bit of turnover in many of the spots. The right owner could pump some $$ into this development and really turn it into something special (park area, fountains, some cool new restaurants). Maybe find a place for Trader Joe's in here.

User avatar
TXGunLover
Posts: 92
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:10

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby TXGunLover » 27 Aug 2019 12:25

Kelley USA wrote:The city would be smart to keep the zoning as retail... It's basically the last available parcel for a significant retail development in Las Colinas. I think we need new updated inventory as the area continues to grow. Before the project was cancelled you already had restaurants like Chuy's, Lazy Dog, Hopdoddy, and PF Chang's that had signed on to the project. The reality is there's very limited space, and quality space, for retailers / restaurants to enter the market.

I would love to see Las Colinas Village on 114 sort of reposition itself as a more upscale shopping center. It has some nice bookends with Taco Diner / Starbucks and The Ranch / The Keg, but the reality is about 60% of the tenants are just crap. There's been quite a bit of turnover in many of the spots. The right owner could pump some $$ into this development and really turn it into something special (park area, fountains, some cool new restaurants). Maybe find a place for Trader Joe's in here.


The demographics don't support that sort of upscale spend. Income does not represent spending habits, and the density of population doesn't support more than what is already there, unfortunately.

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 971
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby muncien » 27 Aug 2019 13:30

Kelley USA wrote:The city would be smart to keep the zoning as retail... It's basically the last available parcel for a significant retail development in Las Colinas. I think we need new updated inventory as the area continues to grow. Before the project was cancelled you already had restaurants like Chuy's, Lazy Dog, Hopdoddy, and PF Chang's that had signed on to the project. The reality is there's very limited space, and quality space, for retailers / restaurants to enter the market.

I would love to see Las Colinas Village on 114 sort of reposition itself as a more upscale shopping center. It has some nice bookends with Taco Diner / Starbucks and The Ranch / The Keg, but the reality is about 60% of the tenants are just crap. There's been quite a bit of turnover in many of the spots. The right owner could pump some $$ into this development and really turn it into something special (park area, fountains, some cool new restaurants). Maybe find a place for Trader Joe's in here.


I understand what you are saying here, but I feel like a lot of the energy has been pulled west of Macarthur towards Beltline due to The Sound and other neighboring projects going in. There is still quite a bit of space over there to support more retail. On the easter side however, most of the new stuff has been single family and all of that ends at the Elm Fork of the Trinity without much room for anything else.
Instead, I'd like some of the aging retail along Macarthur and Market to reinvent itself. Seeing the former Dicks Sporting Goods turn into a trampoline park isn't exactly a good sign of Retail demand. I wish there were more of an effort to integrate these places into a more cohesive destination instead of dozens of places within a stones throw of eachother that you still need to drive from one to another. But, that is a bit ambitious.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 518
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 28 Aug 2019 14:06

I noticed that David Weekly has all but abandoned the townhomes they started building on Promenade Pkwy in the Urban Center (right by Dart Station and Texican Court Hotel). They started 5 or so units within 1 building and then abruptly quit. The property has been dead for at least 2 months and the project no longer shows up on their website.

If I'm being honest I wasn't that impressed with what they were doing. They were basically building a gated community with a brick wall around it. I was hoping they'd do something similar to what InTown Homes did at the corner of Las Colinas Blvd and Lake Carolyn Pkwy with rooftop patios to take in the views.

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 971
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby muncien » 28 Aug 2019 14:55

Kelley USA wrote:I noticed that David Weekly has all but abandoned the townhomes they started building on Promenade Pkwy in the Urban Center (right by Dart Station and Texican Court Hotel). They started 5 or so units within 1 building and then abruptly quit. The property has been dead for at least 2 months and the project no longer shows up on their website.

If I'm being honest I wasn't that impressed with what they were doing. They were basically building a gated community with a brick wall around it. I was hoping they'd do something similar to what InTown Homes did at the corner of Las Colinas Blvd and Lake Carolyn Pkwy with rooftop patios to take in the views.


Wow... No kidding. InTown did it right. I really didn't think the density was what it should have been, but at least InTown units interacted well withe the street. That David Weekly project was terrible and I'm not sad at all to see it die. Unfortunately, the zoning and everything is already approved, so I suspect whomever takes over will just complete what they started. That should never have been approved in the first place.

But who knows... maybe we'll be surprised.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
vikachuuu
Posts: 3
Joined: 25 Aug 2019 19:42

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby vikachuuu » 28 Aug 2019 22:46

Kelley USA wrote:I noticed that David Weekly has all but abandoned the townhomes they started building on Promenade Pkwy in the Urban Center (right by Dart Station and Texican Court Hotel). They started 5 or so units within 1 building and then abruptly quit. The property has been dead for at least 2 months and the project no longer shows up on their website.

If I'm being honest I wasn't that impressed with what they were doing. They were basically building a gated community with a brick wall around it. I was hoping they'd do something similar to what InTown Homes did at the corner of Las Colinas Blvd and Lake Carolyn Pkwy with rooftop patios to take in the views.


I was wondering about that one too! It does look abandoned. IMO that community was way too close to the DART station. Convenience is one thing but the property literally backs up to the platform.

User avatar
quacksax
Posts: 4
Joined: 17 Feb 2019 01:47
Location: Las Colinas

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby quacksax » 29 Aug 2019 21:32

Does anyone know if there are plans to add sidewalks / bike lanes to Promenade Pkwy? It'd be nice to easily walk to the DART and Music Factory from the apartments on Lake Carolyn Pkwy.

This could be a great mixed use, TOD corridor, so I hope it doesn't end up being skinny sidewalks next to 4 lanes of high-speed traffic and medium-density residential.

User avatar
AM15
Posts: 1
Joined: 30 Aug 2019 20:27

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby AM15 » 30 Aug 2019 20:42

Do you guys think Las Colinas large South Asian population hurts its opportunities for high end retail development. I know for the most part their incomes are high but South Asians aren’t known to be as material driven as other groups. They’re actually smart with their money.

User avatar
TXGunLover
Posts: 92
Joined: 20 Oct 2016 13:10

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby TXGunLover » 30 Aug 2019 20:46

AM15 wrote:Do you guys think Las Colinas large South Asian population hurts its opportunities for high end retail development. I know for the most part their incomes are high but South Asians aren’t known to be as material driven as other groups. They’re actually smart with their money.


Precisely. The diversity is nice, but it doesn't mean the retail opportunities are the same as with different demographics.

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 971
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby muncien » 03 Sep 2019 12:26

Nothing earthshattering here by any means, but I do like how this apartment complex will make use of it's location on the water by providing paddle boards and kayaks to residents...

The Legacy at Lake Carolyn: Urban Living with Lakeside Flair
https://www.rees.com/about/news/05312018-0943

DMN version...
https://www.dallasnews.com/business/real-estate/2019/09/03/new-lakeside-apartments-being-built-in-irving-s-las-colinas-community/
The rental units will offer lake views, a fitness center, outdoor kitchens with grilling stations, a pool and hot spa and a dock with paddleboards and kayaks for residents' use.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
ContriveDallasite
Posts: 273
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 03:34
Location: München

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby ContriveDallasite » 04 Sep 2019 10:57

muncien wrote:Nothing earthshattering here by any means, but I do like how this apartment complex will make use of it's location on the water by providing paddle boards and kayaks to residents...

The Legacy at Lake Carolyn: Urban Living with Lakeside Flair
https://www.rees.com/about/news/05312018-0943

DMN version...
https://www.dallasnews.com/business/real-estate/2019/09/03/new-lakeside-apartments-being-built-in-irving-s-las-colinas-community/
The rental units will offer lake views, a fitness center, outdoor kitchens with grilling stations, a pool and hot spa and a dock with paddleboards and kayaks for residents' use.


I can't believe this took so long. I wonder if there were legal hurdles keeping the other developers from doing this, or if they thought residents just want to look at the lake from their window.

User avatar
tamtagon
Site Admin
Posts: 1720
Joined: 16 Oct 2016 12:04

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby tamtagon » 04 Sep 2019 13:42

ContriveDallasite wrote:
muncien wrote:
The rental units will offer lake views, a fitness center, outdoor kitchens with grilling stations, a pool and hot spa and a dock with paddleboards and kayaks for residents' use.


I can't believe this took so long.


word

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 518
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 04 Sep 2019 14:04

tamtagon wrote:
ContriveDallasite wrote:
muncien wrote:


I can't believe this took so long.


word


From what I know it's pretty hard to get a permit from DCURD... I wonder if they've obtained the actual permits or just something they've posted on the site without really looking into it... I am surprised DCURD hasn't loosened the reign on Lake Carolyn just a bit. I've always thought it would be cool to have something like what Panther Island does in the Summer with tubes and live music and food trucks and a bar. Could be a pretty fun attraction.

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 518
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 06 Sep 2019 09:41

Sambuca should have permits in-hand any day now for their Music Factory concepts. Should see work started in the next week or so. It's basically 3 concepts.

Kitchen 101- Grilled meats and prepared foods for quick grab-n-go or dine-in.. They'll have an open kitchen in the middle where they'll grill the meats.

Violet Room- This will be a higher-end restaurant that's somewhat attached to Rayleigh Underground

Rayleigh Underground- This will be an event venue where they can host small concerts, TED talks, corporate functions etc... They really want to create a venue like The Kessler or The Granada where they can bring in some pretty cool bands that play smaller spaces.

It all sounds pretty cool. I know they're pumping a ton of money into this!

User avatar
muncien
Posts: 971
Joined: 25 Oct 2016 08:46
Location: Cypress Waters

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby muncien » 06 Sep 2019 13:32

Kelley USA wrote:Sambuca should have permits in-hand any day now for their Music Factory concepts. Should see work started in the next week or so. It's basically 3 concepts.

Kitchen 101- Grilled meats and prepared foods for quick grab-n-go or dine-in.. They'll have an open kitchen in the middle where they'll grill the meats.

Violet Room- This will be a higher-end restaurant that's somewhat attached to Rayleigh Underground

Rayleigh Underground- This will be an event venue where they can host small concerts, TED talks, corporate functions etc... They really want to create a venue like The Kessler or The Granada where they can bring in some pretty cool bands that play smaller spaces.

It all sounds pretty cool. I know they're pumping a ton of money into this!


Great to hear! Thx for the update.
I just walked by this on Tuesday and was curious what the status was. Glad to hear things are still moving along.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

User avatar
ignition
Posts: 16
Joined: 25 Oct 2017 14:30

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby ignition » 06 Sep 2019 15:42

Thanks for the status update! I thought those 3 were already under build-outs so that's kind of disappointing here they're just now pulling permits.

Anyone have an update on Pacific Table? I ate at the Ginger Man last Saturday and it didn't really look like much was going on inside. I'm also disappointing that BurgerIM is STILL being built out.

User avatar
anpatel00
Posts: 1
Joined: 25 Feb 2019 10:26

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby anpatel00 » 06 Sep 2019 19:23

AM15 wrote:Do you guys think Las Colinas large South Asian population hurts its opportunities for high end retail development. I know for the most part their incomes are high but South Asians aren’t known to be as material driven as other groups. They’re actually smart with their money.


You are 100% correct on this. I have been living in this area almost my entire life and have been so hopeful we can get something like TMF and Water Street. Sad to say but it just won't work in this area. I have seen so many places open up and shut down. Went to Cork and Pig yesterday.... ghost town.

Hoping it revamps and gets more places

User avatar
tamtagon
Site Admin
Posts: 1720
Joined: 16 Oct 2016 12:04

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby tamtagon » 06 Sep 2019 19:38

...we would be lucky to get a big master plan targeting the large resident South Asian population. Everything doesn't have to be all high-end and stuff.

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 518
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Las Colinas/North Irving Development

Postby Kelley USA » 10 Sep 2019 15:35

DBJ reporting that a Fortune 20 company has signed a lease for 200,000 sq ft in Las Colinas... That's a pretty significant chunk! I have a few guesses- could just be that McKesson or ExxonMobil is looking for more space in the area, or possibly Verizon is needing more space. I don't think this is any sort of relocation, but should bring about 1000 jobs with it (whatever it is).

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... s_headline


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Login