Legacy West Retail

Proquest20

Re: Legacy West

Postby Proquest20 » 16 Jul 2023 20:03

luxeshop97 wrote:David Yurman is now open!

Vuori is coming soon.

I’m so glad they opened something other than what’s already at the Galleria. Interestingly YSL is opening at Clearfork but NOT Legacy West.

acclar11

Postby acclar11 » 17 Jul 2023 09:44

Proquest20 wrote:

Vuori is coming soon.

I’m so glad they opened something other than what’s already at the Galleria. Interestingly YSL is opening at Clearfork but NOT Legacy West.

They also opened Tory Burch and Golden Goose, but to be fair, there's already a Tory Burch at HP Village, so not anything too impressive.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 17 Jul 2023 18:43

acclar11 wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:

Vuori is coming soon.

They also opened Tory Burch and Golden Goose, but to be fair, there's already a Tory Burch at HP Village, so not anything too impressive.

Tory Burch also has a store in Fort Worth. It’s like Coach level luxury.

It would be really nice if Dallas could have another high end shopping center somewhere like Highland Park Village, with other designer brands either not in the market or with only one store at the moment. David Yurman has to be the most impressive store to open at Legacy West so far.

But it also makes me wonder about how these things are going to age. Obviously Legacy West is doing well at the moment, but with all the other development happening up north (PGA, JW Marriott, Universal, etc) it does make me wonder if we’ll see even more of this coming soon to other locations.

I’d say I’m actually surprised Grapevine Mills hasn’t tried to add designer outlet stores or that some of these aren’t in Southlake Town Square yet, which would be nice due to the airport.

acclar11

Postby acclar11 » 18 Jul 2023 13:03

Proquest20 wrote:
acclar11 wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:

It would be really nice if Dallas could have another high end shopping center somewhere like Highland Park Village, with other designer brands either not in the market or with only one store at the moment. David Yurman has to be the most impressive store to open at Legacy West so far.

But it also makes me wonder about how these things are going to age. Obviously Legacy West is doing well at the moment, but with all the other development happening up north (PGA, JW Marriott, Universal, etc) it does make me wonder if we’ll see even more of this coming soon to other locations.

I’d say I’m actually surprised Grapevine Mills hasn’t tried to add designer outlet stores or that some of these aren’t in Southlake Town Square yet, which would be nice due to the airport.

Some of the Tory Burch ready to wear stuff is on the same price point as Max Mara/St. John/ZImmermann, but their leather goods, shoes, and jewelry is around the same price point (if not cheaper) than Coach.

But yeah it's disappointing that there's no luxury outlet shopping in Dallas. Park Lane is okay, but the selection at Saks is mostly just their private label stuff, mixed in with Theory, Vince, 7 For All Mankind, and Hugo Boss. Nordstrom Rack is always busy, but that's not really a special discount place, as it's almost the same as a runway TJ Maxx store. Bloomingdale's outlet used to be great, but now it's hardly ever fully stocked, and most of the handbags and shoes there are Michael Kors, Steve Madden, Nine West, Calvin Klein, etc.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 18 Jul 2023 17:21

acclar11 wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:
acclar11 wrote:They also opened Tory Burch and Golden Goose, but to be fair, there's already a Tory Burch at HP Village, so not anything too impressive.

Some of the Tory Burch ready to wear stuff is on the same price point as Max Mara/St. John/ZImmermann, but their leather goods, shoes, and jewelry is around the same price point (if not cheaper) than Coach.

But yeah it's disappointing that there's no luxury outlet shopping in Dallas. Park Lane is okay, but the selection at Saks is mostly just their private label stuff, mixed in with Theory, Vince, 7 For All Mankind, and Hugo Boss. Nordstrom Rack is always busy, but that's not really a special discount place, as it's almost the same as a runway TJ Maxx store. Bloomingdale's outlet used to be great, but now it's hardly ever fully stocked, and most of the handbags and shoes there are Michael Kors, Steve Madden, Nine West, Calvin Klein, etc.

For sure. Allen Outlets added Armani and Tory Burch, but I still feel like in terms of outlet luxury shopping there is a lot to be desired. I definitely feel like Grapevine Mills would benefit from going the upscale route, as they still have one of the last Neiman Last Call stores and are located near DFW.

Houston Premium Outlets, in contrast, has stores like Burberry as well.

Personally I feel like the DFW shopping scene is lacking in comparison to some other cities. I know it has to do with there being so many different “upscale centers” and with the upscale shopping malls here struggling to maintain that reputation (Galleria, Willow Bend, even NorthPark to an extent), but sometimes it feels like we see a lot of repeats and not enough new brands (it took us until now to get a Prada when Atlanta and Scottsdale have had one?) We're lucky to be the hometown of Neiman Marcus as it's clearly done great things for our shopping scene (Prada and Balmain) that otherwise would likely not have happened.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 13 Aug 2023 21:51

A restaurant Uchiko (https://uchiko.uchirestaurants.com/) is opening in the spot next to David Yurman, so I guess that was the last retail space in that luxury section to get filled.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 13 Aug 2023 23:07

R1070 wrote:A restaurant Uchiko (https://uchiko.uchirestaurants.com/) is opening in the spot next to David Yurman, so I guess that was the last retail space in that luxury section to get filled.

This was announced a while ago, surprised it took this long to happen.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 30 Aug 2023 09:53

Frontgate is leaving LW and moving to Preston Hollow. This will open up a big space.

luxeshop97

Postby luxeshop97 » 16 Nov 2023 17:24

Lululemon is allegedly preparing to take a larger space, perhaps Frontgate? Watches of Switzerland is in a temporary spot as well since they are prepping for an expansion. The expansion will include a Rolex and Cartier boutique.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 16 Nov 2023 20:04

Lululemon is moving into the space that was vacated next to J. Crew. It's pretty close to opening if it hasn't already.

The old watches space will be home to a new Vuori store.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 21 Nov 2023 00:26

The Lululemon is now open, the same weekend as the NorthPark one did too.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 29 Nov 2023 23:09

Aritzia is announced as coming soon.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 29 Nov 2023 23:24

Thank god is coming here and not Stonebriar, lol their Willow Bend store was awesome back in the day

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 08 Jan 2024 14:22

Last edited by undefinedprocess on 25 Feb 2024 12:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated subject.

Kelley USA

Re: Legacy West Retail

Postby Kelley USA » 19 Mar 2024 09:18

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 19 Mar 2024 20:36

We've known that. Funny they talk about NorthPark as their first location when Willow Bend used to have one pre-covid. Nice to have them back in Plano.

Addison

Postby Addison » 20 Mar 2024 14:35

Proquest20 wrote:We've known that. Funny they talk about NorthPark as their first location when Willow Bend used to have one pre-covid. Nice to have them back in Plano.

Was Willow Bend the first location though?

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 20 Mar 2024 17:12

Addison wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:We've known that. Funny they talk about NorthPark as their first location when Willow Bend used to have one pre-covid. Nice to have them back in Plano.

Was Willow Bend the first location though?

They had it before Aritzia began to expand rapidly. It coexisted with the NorthPark location for a little bit.