Startups in Dallas-Fort Worth make strong

reagand6

Startups in Dallas-Fort Worth make strong

Postby reagand6 » 03 Nov 2016 12:22

Dallas-Fort Worth startups have picked up the pace with fundraising -- raking in more than $274 million in the third quarter of 2016, according to an analysis by The Dallas Morning News.

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/entr ... rd-quarter

DPatel304

Re: Startups in Dallas-Fort Worth make strong

Postby DPatel304 » 03 Nov 2016 19:48

Thanks for sharing. I'd be curious to see how we stack up against other cities, as I still feel like the start-up scene is our only area that could greatly use improving at this point in time.

cowboyeagle05

Re: Startups in Dallas-Fort Worth make strong

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 21 Nov 2016 09:53

Actually, Dallas is doing very well on the StartUp scene. We have a rapidly growing market in Downtown. Dallas keeps being mentioned in articles as the newest Startup sweetheart spot. You have most of the West End now dedicated to "creative office space" aka office space targeting tech companies. Then there is a large number of coworking spaces in the CBD as well. I can list 5 or 6 of them off right now in Downtown. More are coming because the market is strong for it.

Deep Ellum has some space dedicated to the startup scene as well. We just had the Capitol One Tech Week which before now has stayed only in certain large enough startup cities. Dallas made the cut.

Of course, you also have Alto 211 which its sole purpose is creative office space and has the world famous Tech Wildcatters incubator offices. They have over 100 companies every quarter that they accept into their program. Many of whom call Alto 211 their HQ. I will remind you those companies come from all over the world as well because the Tech Wildcatters are one of the top five startup incubators in the world.

Dallas is doing lots of great things in the startup scene and its growing.
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”