Retail / shopping issues

itsjrd1964

Retail / shopping issues

Postby itsjrd1964 » 19 Nov 2018 15:45

The Galleria has decided this year to be closed all day Thanksgiving. Exceptions are the department store anchors.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/ret ... y-shopping

Tnexster

Re: Retail / shopping issues

Postby Tnexster » 23 Nov 2018 10:57

More pain in traditional retail....

Gap CEO says it plans to close 'hundreds' of its namesake stores

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/ret ... ake-stores

exelone31

Postby exelone31 » 26 Nov 2018 10:09

Tnexster wrote:More pain in traditional retail....

Gap CEO says it plans to close 'hundreds' of its namesake stores

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/ret ... ake-stores

Wow, that's interesting. I wonder if at some point they will try to consolidate their three brands into single stores. I don't know if that would be viable at all, but it seems like they've got quite a bit of expense tied up in their real estate footprint between Banana Republic, Gap and Old Navy. If not all three, then maybe Gap and Banana Republic?

Cbdallas

Postby Cbdallas » 26 Nov 2018 11:30

The problem with the Gap is that is sits between the low end Old Navy and the upper end Banana Republic and since the middle markets of most retail is vanishing they are hurting and will continue to do so until something can prop back up the middle class consumer. We will see a lot more of this in retail as this all shakes out.

I45Tex

Postby I45Tex » 26 Nov 2018 16:05

So you're saying there's a gap?

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 26 Nov 2018 16:30

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I45Tex wrote:So you're saying there's a gap?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The_Overdog

Postby The_Overdog » 26 Nov 2018 17:46

The problem with the Gap is that is sits between the low end Old Navy and the upper end Banana Republic

In my opinion, the problem with The Gap is that their clothes choices for both women and men are dreadful. They stopped making clothes that people could wear to office work so they could chase styles. Half the clothes there now look like flannel that you can get better quality versions of at so many places for less money, but how many people wear flannel to office jobs?

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 26 Nov 2018 21:07

The last time I was in a Gap store was probably at least five years ago and that was in West Village. I just remember it being a mess, never walked into another one. I think dreadful sums it up quite well.

itsjrd1964

Postby itsjrd1964 » 09 Jan 2019 00:54

Retail occupancy rate hits 92.4 percent in Dallas-Fort Worth despite rise of online shopping

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/ret ... -stabilize