Dallas Mayor Pro-Tem Dwaine Caraway Resigns, Pleads Guilty to Fed Corruption Charges

Matt777

Dallas Mayor Pro-Tem Dwaine Caraway Resigns, Pleads Guilty to Fed Corruption Charges

Postby Matt777 » 09 Aug 2018 16:27

Info in the link. Glad to see a little of the corruption in this city being rooted out, especially after John Wiley Price got away with it. More please!

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local ... -581980734

itsjrd1964

Re: Dallas Mayor Pro-Tem Dwaine Caraway Resigns, Pleads Guilty to Fed Corruption Charges

Postby itsjrd1964 » 10 Aug 2018 10:35

I always wondered about whether he had his ducks in a row or not, but I wasn't expecting this spectacular of a downfall. This makes me wonder how well Albert Black's campaign and election will go. Hope there is at least a silver lining for the Council--they don't need any more craziness and potential division.

trueicon

Re: Dallas Mayor Pro-Tem Dwaine Caraway Resigns, Pleads Guilty to Fed Corruption Charges

Postby trueicon » 10 Aug 2018 13:05

Such a shame someone in power would abuse people's trust like that.

I can't help but think about the deck park under construction by the Dallas zoo. It's conveniently in his district. I never understood what the value was in connecting two sides of i35e that clearly aren't very walkable, unless your idea of walkability is the drive thru of Jack in the Box. I hope the prosecutors looked into any possible funny business with developers who could've persuaded him to push so hard for it and in turn bank on increased property values.

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 10 Aug 2018 13:16

trueicon wrote:I can't help but think about the deck park under construction by the Dallas zoo. It's conveniently in his district. I never understood what the value was in connecting two sides of i35e that clearly aren't very walkable, unless your idea of walkability is the drive thru of Jack in the Box. I hope the prosecutors looked into any possible funny business with developers who could've persuaded him to push so hard for it and in turn bank on increased property values.

It did seem like an odd location, but, I just assumed that the idea was to gentrify the entire area and eventually create a smooth transition between the Bishop Arts District and the Zoo.

trueicon

Postby trueicon » 10 Aug 2018 14:14

DPatel304 wrote:It did seem like an odd location, but, I just assumed that the idea was to gentrify the entire area and eventually create a smooth transition between the Bishop Arts District and the Zoo.

I completely agree, but we're still many years (IMHO) away from the the Bishop Arts gentrification crossing Jefferson, much less 35e. I get it, eventually it will happen, but I can think of many better locations for a deck park where that type of walkable development exists on either side of the freeway today.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 10 Aug 2018 14:27

Yeah, fair enough, I'll agree with that. A deck park is something that would probably make more sense 10 years from now, and something we would have been fine without in the meantime. I also agree there are definitely other places that make more sense, and I actually remember saying that when the park was proposed.

lakewoodhobo

Postby lakewoodhobo » 13 Aug 2018 09:43

I'd like to think that the deck park was carried by real estate players on the D1 side, not D4, but I may be wrong. And while it's tempting to think that Dwaine Caraway got bags full of money for supporting the project, he probably didn't have enough power to kill it and he would've been caught anyway.

I disagree that I-35 between Marsalis and Ewing is not a good location for the Oak Cliff deck park (something that's only possible because of the Southern Gateway project). Without the Dallas Zoo there to serve as an anchor and many acres of underused land immediately north, it would be DOA. To say that Oak Cliff doesn't deserve this because the next deck should go on I-30 south of downtown is missing the point.

Also remember that this isn't expected to be completed before 2022, something like 6 years after it was first announced.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 14 Aug 2018 09:13

https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/disgraced-dallas-city-council-member-dwaine-caraway-banished-from-city-hall-11019898

JIM SCHUTZE | AUGUST 14, 2018 | 4:00AM

...If the Dallas Cowboys married the Dallas Citizens Council, their first-born son would be Caraway...

hahahaha

exelone31

Postby exelone31 » 14 Aug 2018 11:42

Yeah I've got no problems with the deck park going in, even if the development isn't expected to catch up until a few years after. I feel like it's been somewhat similar with Klyde Warren. The park was built, then everything else has followed.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 01 Mar 2019 10:55

There are good freaks and there are bad freaks. Here's another freak of the worst kind:

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/dallas- ... ing-bribes

Former Dallas City Council member Carolyn Davis pleads guilty to taking bribes

Written by Robert Wilonsky

How in the world the prosecution was not able to convict John Wiley Price is hard to believe. Remarkable, actually that the county commissioner got away it while the city councilpersons have not. whatever

All you have to do is look at all the stagnation in Dallas south of the Trinity and you should know without a doubt the municipal decision makers are on the hook.

The irony of the graft breaks bones, crushes spirits.... these good folks gain and stay in power by tapping the spiritual history of racial injustice in Dallas and then they rip the very people they promise to uplift.

Lock 'em, they are crooks of the worst kind. We're lucky Paul Quinn survived at all! hopefully that university and UNT will be one primary fulcrum upon which all future South County municipal decision makers are balanced.

Remember Dwaine Carroway sourcing Grandma to get young adults to abandon a fashion trend! Fuck you Dwaine, Grandma says dont steal from your own people. Jerk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dallaz

Postby dallaz » 01 Mar 2019 13:54

tamtagon wrote:There are good freaks and there are bad freaks. Here's another freak of the worst kind:

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/dallas- ... ing-bribes

Former Dallas City Council member Carolyn Davis pleads guilty to taking bribes

Written by Robert Wilonsky

How in the world the prosecution was not able to convict John Wiley Price is hard to believe. Remarkable, actually that the county commissioner got away it while the city councilpersons have not. whatever

All you have to do is look at all the stagnation in Dallas south of the Trinity and you should know without a doubt the municipal decision makers are on the hook.

The irony of the graft breaks bones, crushes spirits.... these good folks gain and stay in power by tapping the spiritual history of racial injustice in Dallas and then they rip the very people they promise to uplift.

Lock 'em, they are crooks of the worst kind. We're lucky Paul Quinn survived at all! hopefully that university and UNT will be one primary fulcrum upon which all future South County municipal decision makers are balanced.

Remember Dwaine Carroway sourcing Grandma to get young adults to abandon a fashion trend! Fuck you Dwaine, Grandma says dont steal from your own people. Jerk

This is so damn sad! Corruption in Southern Dallas County is so rampant, it’s sickening. Honestly, this is embarrassing as hell for the City.
Last edited by dallaz on 02 Mar 2019 08:16, edited 1 time in total.

Matt777

Postby Matt777 » 01 Mar 2019 14:03

KEEP THEM COMING! We have plenty of room in prison for all of them.