Northpark Center

R1070

Re: Northpark Center

Postby R1070 » 06 Jan 2023 08:21

I think Saks is more of a pipe dream and probably wouldn't do well in Dallas proper (better suited for Southlake, etc.). Bloomies isn't really direct competition with NM though, they tend to target different types of shoppers. I think the Macy's store is a bit too large for the newer stores Bloomies is rolling out though. Dillard's needs to be torn down and rebuilt or just go away (which is highly unlikely). As for Corner Bakery, I could see the expanded luxury wing taking over that space eventually.

acclar11

Postby acclar11 » 06 Jan 2023 17:08

R1070 wrote:I think Saks is more of a pipe dream and probably wouldn't do well in Dallas proper (better suited for Southlake, etc.). Bloomies isn't really direct competition with NM though, they tend to target different types of shoppers. I think the Macy's store is a bit too large for the newer stores Bloomies is rolling out though. Dillard's needs to be torn down and rebuilt or just go away (which is highly unlikely). As for Corner Bakery, I could see the expanded luxury wing taking over that space eventually.

Bloomingdale's is situated in between Dillard's & Nordstrom luxury-wise. Nordstrom focuses more on designer clothing and shoes, while Bloomingdale's does a better job with fine jewelry and handbags. Although at Nordstrom, all stores carry different levels of designer goods, Bloomingdale's tends to keep the same brands throughout all their locations. This means that in some markets, Bloomingdale's will be viewed as much better when compared to Nordstrom, and vice versa.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 06 Jan 2023 18:30

I think there's a plan in that section where Toni & Guy was. The other spots right there are now vacant as well. Could Visionworks be closing as well (hopefully)? Could see something like a Samsung Experience going in there.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 07 Jan 2023 03:01

acclar11 wrote:
R1070 wrote:I think Saks is more of a pipe dream and probably wouldn't do well in Dallas proper (better suited for Southlake, etc.). Bloomies isn't really direct competition with NM though, they tend to target different types of shoppers. I think the Macy's store is a bit too large for the newer stores Bloomies is rolling out though. Dillard's needs to be torn down and rebuilt or just go away (which is highly unlikely). As for Corner Bakery, I could see the expanded luxury wing taking over that space eventually.

Bloomingdale's is situated in between Dillard's & Nordstrom luxury-wise. Nordstrom focuses more on designer clothing and shoes, while Bloomingdale's does a better job with fine jewelry and handbags. Although at Nordstrom, all stores carry different levels of designer goods, Bloomingdale's tends to keep the same brands throughout all their locations. This means that in some markets, Bloomingdale's will be viewed as much better when compared to Nordstrom, and vice versa.

Nordstrom doesn't carry most of their high-end luxury brands at the majority of their locations. A lot of those that are available at NorthPark aren't as available at the Stonebriar and Galleria stores. I haven't shopped at Bloomingdales before, but I'm tempted to put Nordstrom on the same level as Dillards considering they also carry typical mall brands too, like Vans, Topshop, Urban Outfitters, Pacsun, and ASOS. Which is a good thing, I like that Nordstrom has an appeal to such a broad range of customers. But I don't see it as a luxury department store as it is made out to be.

Considering the success of Market by Macy's, it would be interesting to see if, rather than a full on conversion of the NorthPark Macy's, which I'd love, if they'd consider opening up a Bloomie's store on Knox street. I could see it working out very well there.

Addison

Postby Addison » 07 Jan 2023 06:37

I'd put Bloomingdales above Nordstrom, but maybe a step below Saks and Neimans.

Unlike Nordstrom, the key with Bloomingdales is the exclusivity of their locations (they only operate in upscale/luxury malls, and not in all metros), their pricing is higher overall, and (as stated) they don't have the broad appeal that Nordstrom does.

As far as Dillard's, I'd rank it between Macy's and Nordstrom.
Last edited by Addison on 07 Jan 2023 13:56, edited 1 time in total.

Addison

Postby Addison » 07 Jan 2023 06:43

Proquest20 wrote:
acclar11 wrote:

Nordstrom doesn't carry most of their high-end luxury brands at the majority of their locations. A lot of those that are available at NorthPark aren't as available at the Stonebriar and Galleria stores. I haven't shopped at Bloomingdales before, but I'm tempted to put Nordstrom on the same level as Dillards considering they also carry typical mall brands too, like Vans, Topshop, Urban Outfitters, Pacsun, and ASOS. Which is a good thing, I like that Nordstrom has an appeal to such a broad range of customers. But I don't see it as a luxury department store as it is made out to be.

Considering the success of Market by Macy's, it would be interesting to see if, rather than a full on conversion of the NorthPark Macy's, which I'd love, if they'd consider opening up a Bloomie's store on Knox street. I could see it working out very well there.

A small format Bloomie's still wouldn't be the same as a full line department store though. It'll basically be the same as a Bloomingdale's Outlet but with new releases at retail price instead of clearance items.

The thing is DFW is by far the largest metro without a full-line Saks or Bloomingdales department store (after us, it's MSP which is half our size). Surely, the demand is there, especially if we can somehow support 4 Gucci, LVs and Tiffany's. IMO, the fact that DFW has neither department store kind of cheapens the city/region's reputation as a shopping destination. Having a variety of options, including exclusive retailers, is just as important as the shopping experience.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 07 Jan 2023 12:18

Addison wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:
acclar11 wrote:Bloomingdale's is situated in between Dillard's & Nordstrom luxury-wise. Nordstrom focuses more on designer clothing and shoes, while Bloomingdale's does a better job with fine jewelry and handbags. Although at Nordstrom, all stores carry different levels of designer goods, Bloomingdale's tends to keep the same brands throughout all their locations. This means that in some markets, Bloomingdale's will be viewed as much better when compared to Nordstrom, and vice versa.

A small format Bloomie's still wouldn't be the same as a full line department store though. It'll basically be the same as a Bloomingdale's Outlet but with new releases at retail price instead of clearance items.

The thing is DFW is by far the largest metro without a full-line Saks or Bloomingdales department store (after us, it's MSP which is half our size). Surely, the demand is there, especially if we can somehow support 4 Gucci, LVs and Tiffany's. IMO, the fact that DFW has neither department store kind of cheapens the city/region's reputation as a shopping destination. Having a variety of options, including exclusive retailers, is just as important as the shopping experience.

How many of those other metros have 4 Neiman Marcus locations though? With one of the locations always competing for the top performance NM?

I have seen two new Bloomingdales location in the SF Bay Area (Palo Alto & San Jose) they are smaller in footprint but not to be overlooked as they are more selective in the retail they stock and generally very high end. Definitely would be a nice replacement to the current Macy's.

However, I would dream of a Forty Five Ten Flagship location opening instead, supporting the locals and changing the location to match their modern aesthetic. Probably would be too much of a footprint though, and would need to give some sqft back for another use possibly a coffee bar and multiple restaurants?

R1070

Postby R1070 » 07 Jan 2023 13:30

Other metros don't have the NM hometown presence/history that we do and we have Stanley Korshak and Forty Five Ten. Lots of homegrown luxury options right here that would pull away from Saks. Like I mentioned before, I do think Saks would do well in an area far from a NM store, like Southlake, etc.. Bloomies re-entering the market would do well though as it targets a specific demographic.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 07 Jan 2023 19:05

R1070 wrote:Other metros don't have the NM hometown presence/history that we do and we have Stanley Korshak and Forty Five Ten. Lots of homegrown luxury options right here that would pull away from Saks. Like I mentioned before, I do think Saks would do well in an area far from a NM store, like Southlake, etc.. Bloomies re-entering the market would do well though as it targets a specific demographic.

NM’s history in the DFW area likely contributes to the fact that it’s the only real high end department store in Fort Worth as well. I could see a small-format Bloomies doing well in Clearfork as another area. Southlake Town Square doesn’t have any real department stores in it, so it would be interesting if they’d open one up there eventually. I wish the Nordstrom at Northeast didn’t fully shutter and just relocated elsewhere in Tarrant County, maybe even taking over the Sears at Hulen or building the only department store at Southlake Town Square.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 07 Jan 2023 19:11

Addison wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:
acclar11 wrote:Bloomingdale's is situated in between Dillard's & Nordstrom luxury-wise. Nordstrom focuses more on designer clothing and shoes, while Bloomingdale's does a better job with fine jewelry and handbags. Although at Nordstrom, all stores carry different levels of designer goods, Bloomingdale's tends to keep the same brands throughout all their locations. This means that in some markets, Bloomingdale's will be viewed as much better when compared to Nordstrom, and vice versa.

The demand for these higher end department stores is for sure there, especially as more people from other metro areas move to DFW, they likely want more options than Neiman Marcus and the NorthPark Nordstrom for luxury goods, as the Frisco and Galleria locations fail to cater to that demographic. The issue is that Saks and Bloomingdales chose the wrong locations within the city for their stores, which is why they’ve failed to succeed, with Bloomingdales having a location at Valley View, and Saks having locations at Willow Bend, NorthEast, and the Galleria, all three of which are going through visible struggles nowadays, and were beginning to decline at the time of Saks pulling out. I’d like to say they would be much more successful had they opened at NorthPark, especially Bloomingdales.

acclar11

Postby acclar11 » 07 Jan 2023 20:09

Proquest20 wrote:
Addison wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:

The demand for these higher end department stores is for sure there, especially as more people from other metro areas move to DFW, they likely want more options than Neiman Marcus and the NorthPark Nordstrom for luxury goods, as the Frisco and Galleria locations fail to cater to that demographic. The issue is that Saks and Bloomingdales chose the wrong locations within the city for their stores, which is why they’ve failed to succeed, with Bloomingdales having a location at Valley View, and Saks having locations at Willow Bend, NorthEast, and the Galleria, all three of which are going through visible struggles nowadays, and were beginning to decline at the time of Saks pulling out. I’d like to say they would be much more successful had they opened at NorthPark, especially Bloomingdales.

Don't get me wrong, Eataly was an awesome addition, and Arhaus is a solid furniture store, but I really would have like to see a smaller format Bloomingdale's or Saks in the Lord & Taylor/Barneys spot. I seriously wonder that if the Bloomie's concept was a thing around 2013 or 2018, we would have seen that instead of Pirch or Eataly.

Addison

Postby Addison » 08 Jan 2023 07:36

Proquest20 wrote:
Addison wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:

In the case of Saks, I don't think it's so much that they chose the wrong location. At the time they settled on the Galleria, it was *THE SOLE* luxury mall in DFW.

That said, a number of unfortunate things (2 of which were beyond its control) happened to hurt that location and the Galleria as a whole.

1. NorthPark's owners made major upgrades and did a major expansion to one-up the Galleria as a luxury shopping destination (people are going to naturally navigate to the new and shiny thing).

2. Saks did themselves in by opening 2 full-line stores within a 10-mile radius of each other (Willow Bend and the Galleria). Surely, they cannibalized each other's sales/traffic

3. By the time Saks finally closed one of the stores (Willow Bend), the Galleria then suffered from the big I-635 construction project steering customers away.

It is true now though, the trouble is that there's really no good spot available at the present time for Saks or Bloomingdale's to plant their flag. The family who owns NorthPark has shown no interest in further expansion, the population density up around Stonebriar/Legacy West isn't quite high enough yet, and the owners/managers at the Galleria don't seem interested in trying to court them to revive that part of the mall.

I keep hearing the suggestion that Saks would be better fit in an area like Southlake, but that simply won't work. The population density is not nearly high enough to support a full-line department store out there, let alone a luxury one like Saks. That's why the only vibrant shopping centers out there have no real anchor stores.
Last edited by Addison on 08 Jan 2023 08:45, edited 1 time in total.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 08 Jan 2023 08:07

I'm wondering why no one has mentioned a location in greater downtown for the Saks, Bloomingdales etc.

Addison

Postby Addison » 08 Jan 2023 08:51

tamtagon wrote:I'm wondering why no one has mentioned a location in greater downtown for the Saks, Bloomingdales etc.

Again, population density would be an issue. There simply aren't enough roofs in the greater downtown area.

Not to mention, luxury department stors like to cluster around other luxury boutiques (there are none in the greater downtown area).

Even the flagship Neimans downtown isn't doing all that hot, The city of Dallas has had to gvie them generous incentives just to keep the store open.

acclar11

Postby acclar11 » 08 Jan 2023 09:11

Addison wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:
Addison wrote:

In the case of Saks, I don't think it's so much that they chose the wrong location. At the time they settled on the Galleria, it was *THE SOLE* luxury mall in DFW.

That said, a number of unfortunate things (2 of which were beyond its control) happened to hurt that location and the Galleria as a whole.

1. NorthPark's owners made major upgrades and did a major expansion to one-up the Galleria as a luxury shopping destination (people are going to naturally navigate to the new and shiny thing).

2. Saks did themselves in by opening 2 full-line stores within a 10-mile radius of each other (Willow Bend and the Galleria). Surely, they cannibalized each other's sales/traffic

3. By the time Saks finally closed one of the stores (Willow Bend), the Galleria then suffered from the big I-635 construction project steering customers away.

It is true now though, the trouble is that there's really no good spot available at the present time for Saks or Bloomingdale's to plant their flag. The family who owns NorthPark has shown no interest in further expansion, the population density up around Stonebriar/Legacy West isn't quite high enough yet, and the owners/managers at the Galleria don't seem interested in trying to court them to revive that part of the mall.

I keep hearing the suggestion that Saks would be better fit in an area like Southlake, but that simply won't work. The population density is not nearly high enough to support a full-line department store out there, let alone a luxury one like Saks. That's why the only vibrant shopping centers out there have no real anchor stores.

I think it's less of the Galleria management not wanting to add better stores and more of luxury tenants aren't interested in opening a store at the Galleria when there are better options like HP Village, Northpark, and now Legacy West.

acclar11

Postby acclar11 » 08 Jan 2023 09:23

Addison wrote:
tamtagon wrote:I'm wondering why no one has mentioned a location in greater downtown for the Saks, Bloomingdales etc.

Again, population density would be an issue. There simply aren't enough roofs in the greater downtown area.

Not to mention, luxury department stors like to cluster around other luxury boutiques (there are none in the greater downtown area).

Even the flagship Neimans downtown isn't doing all that hot, The city of Dallas has had to gvie them generous incentives just to keep the store open.

The downtown Neiman's is purely open for historic purposes at this point. I fully expected it to close once the chain filed for bankruptcy and when COVID-19 started impacting retail the same year.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 08 Jan 2023 10:11

I could see one of those department store at the Goldman Sachs development,

R1070

Postby R1070 » 08 Jan 2023 13:49

tamtagon wrote:I could see one of those department store at the Goldman Sachs development,

Next to Super Target! :)

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 08 Jan 2023 20:58

I’ve always thought more retail would look great to compliment the offerings of Forty Five Ten, Neiman Marcus, and Traffic LA, but at the same time it seems like retail in most urban downtowns is struggling quite a bit. For example, a decent amount of stores have closed on Chicago’s Magnificent Mile. Now, without the tourist draw Chicago has, they’d probably suffer even more in Dallas. Still, there’s quite a number of stores I’d love to see open downtown, including an Apple store.

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 09 Jan 2023 01:47

tamtagon wrote:I could see one of those department store at the Goldman Sachs development,

LOL. That’s about as likely as your old favorite prediction of Delta Airlines establishing a hub at DFW Airport.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 09 Jan 2023 05:48

Tucy wrote:

LOL. That’s about as likely as your old favorite prediction of Delta Airlines establishing a hub at DFW Airport.

Hahaha

A major Skyteam/Delta hub in NTX is by far one of my favorites. Another fancy department store in the greater downtown area would be great on paper.

Doesn't the downtown Neimans get a lot of it's business from personal shoppers filling client orders? Generates very little foot traffic, but significant revenue?

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 09 Jan 2023 10:48

I remember back when Forever 21 left NorthPark back in 2016, there was talk about more retail coming to downtown Dallas, with Elm Street having more mid-range retail (Forever 21, H&M, etc) and Main Street having higher end retail. Sad that none of those plans seemed to come to light, more retail in that area would definitely be convenient for those who stay in the hotels nearby, and would compliment the offerings of Neiman Marcus and Forty Five Ten.

In the chance that Macy’s at NorthPark does convert into a Bloomingdales, it would be nice to see a Market by Macy’s open in Downtown Dallas, although it would also be good on Knox Street.

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 09 Jan 2023 12:30

Proquest20 wrote:I remember back when Forever 21 left NorthPark back in 2016, there was talk about more retail coming to downtown Dallas, with Elm Street having more mid-range retail (Forever 21, H&M, etc) and Main Street having higher end retail. Sad that none of those plans seemed to come to light, more retail in that area would definitely be convenient for those who stay in the hotels nearby, and would compliment the offerings of Neiman Marcus and Forty Five Ten.

None of those “plans” came to light because there were no plans - just a bunch of internet fantasy chatter, not like this thread the last couple of days.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 10 Jan 2023 17:56

Old Rebecca Taylor spot being split into two stores (I assume Marni and Jil Sander).
Old Ann Taylor will be a temp location for Tiffany.
Old Toni&Guy space looks to be consolidating with the old currency exchange spot next to it. Not sure what the plan is for the iMart space.

Paciugo has reopened and Breitling is now open.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 10 Jan 2023 19:37

R1070 wrote:Old Rebecca Taylor spot being split into two stores (I assume Marni and Jil Sander).
Old Ann Taylor will be a temp location for Tiffany.
Old Toni&Guy space looks to be consolidating with the old currency exchange spot next to it. Not sure what the plan is for the iMart space.

Paciugo has reopened and Breitling is now open.

Finally. Tiffany was looking dated compared to other boutiques I have visited. Wish they had the space to add the "Breakfast at Tiffany's" like in NYC and Costa Mesa.

I am hoping that Swarovski renovates to its new concept as well because the stores are so striking now with the new designs.

Rhone & Creed Store Openings are finally added to mall maps as well.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 15 Jan 2023 14:48

Morphe parent files for bankruptcy, ends deal with Grande's r.e.m.

"Forma Brands, the beauty company that made the most of influencer culture, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in the US and is being taken over by its lenders.

Customers will also be able to continuing shopping its portfolio of brands through their online platforms, at speciality retailers and through the company's international Morphe retail stores. Earlier this month it had emerged that the company was closing all of its US stores."

Guess this explains the sudden close of the Northpark location.

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 15 Jan 2023 15:29

Jasimm wrote:
Addison wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:

How many of those other metros have 4 Neiman Marcus locations though? With one of the locations always competing for the top performance NM?

I have seen two new Bloomingdales location in the SF Bay Area (Palo Alto & San Jose) they are smaller in footprint but not to be overlooked as they are more selective in the retail they stock and generally very high end. Definitely would be a nice replacement to the current Macy's.

However, I would dream of a Forty Five Ten Flagship location opening instead, supporting the locals and changing the location to match their modern aesthetic. Probably would be too much of a footprint though, and would need to give some sqft back for another use possibly a coffee bar and multiple restaurants?

Is Forty Five Ten still in business? The last time I tried to go there (during hours their website says they are open), their doors were locked. The restaurant is "permanently closed", per Open Table . . .

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 15 Jan 2023 17:47

Tucy wrote:
Jasimm wrote:
Addison wrote:

Is Forty Five Ten still in business? The last time I tried to go there (during hours their website says they are open), their doors were locked. The restaurant is "permanently closed", per Open Table . . .

It is open, but for appointment only on Monday and Tuesdays. Wednesday through Saturday it is open from 11 through 5 per their Instagram account, which is still active.

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 15 Jan 2023 18:02

Proquest20 wrote:
Tucy wrote:
Jasimm wrote:

It is open, but for appointment only on Monday and Tuesdays. Wednesday through Saturday it is open from 11 through 5 per their Instagram account, which is still active.

I know that's what their website says. too .. but as mentioned, I tried to go there on a Friday, shortly after noon (well within their stated W-S 11-5 hours) and all the doors were locked. No sign indicated anything special going on. Just locked.

Oh, and their phone number does not appear to work either... If they are indeed still in business now, not sure how long a retail store can carry on like that...

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 17 Jan 2023 14:01

Tecovas Opening at Northpark Center

"Now the company is opening a 5,600-square-foot location in NorthPark Center, the shopping mall in Dallas off U.S. 75, according to state licensing records. The location appears to be the space formerly occupied by Justice, the girls clothing retailer. The $2 million project to finish out the tenant space is expected to be complete by early July.

This will be the Austin-based cowboy boot retailer's fourth store in Dallas-Fort Worth with brick-and-mortar locations, already has storefronts in the Fort Worth Stockyards; in Knox Henderson District in Dallas along U.S. 75; and in Plano at Legacy West..."

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/busi ... rylink=cpy

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 17 Jan 2023 14:07

Tucy wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:
Tucy wrote:

I know that's what their website says. too .. but as mentioned, I tried to go there on a Friday, shortly after noon (well within their stated W-S 11-5 hours) and all the doors were locked. No sign indicated anything special going on. Just locked.

Oh, and their phone number does not appear to work either... If they are indeed still in business now, not sure how long a retail store can carry on like that...

I emailed Forty Five Ten, told them about trying to shop there during their stated business hours. I got a canned response repeating the same hours as shown on their website. Lesson No. 1 in bricks and mortar retail: Unlock the front door. Lesson No. 2: answer the phone. I'm guessing they would have already moved to less costly digs in a better location if (a) they weren't owned by Headington who wants to create synergy with his hotel and other investments and (b) they could find someone to buy or leased the building.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 17 Jan 2023 16:31

Jasimm wrote:Tecovas Opening at Northpark Center

"Now the company is opening a 5,600-square-foot location in NorthPark Center, the shopping mall in Dallas off U.S. 75, according to state licensing records. The location appears to be the space formerly occupied by Justice, the girls clothing retailer. The $2 million project to finish out the tenant space is expected to be complete by early July.

This will be the Austin-based cowboy boot retailer's fourth store in Dallas-Fort Worth with brick-and-mortar locations, already has storefronts in the Fort Worth Stockyards; in Knox Henderson District in Dallas along U.S. 75; and in Plano at Legacy West..."

Justice? They were located where Fossil/Starbucks is. Maybe this is going in upstairs where Morphe was? That would make sense with Pinto Ranch up there.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 17 Jan 2023 16:33

R1070 wrote:

Justice? They were located where Fossil/Starbucks is. Maybe this is going in upstairs where Morphe was? That would make sense with Pinto Ranch up there.

I was also confused on the location. I vaguely remember Justice on the second level before moving to the lower level before starbucks but I can't be sure. Still a good addition to the lineup. Surprised they would open a 4th location in the area with the Knox Henderson location being so close. Must be popular!
Last edited by Jasimm on 17 Jan 2023 16:55, edited 1 time in total.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 17 Jan 2023 16:46

Retail Updates 1/17/2023:

New Stores:
Blue Nile- Coming Soon (Previous Brighton Collectables space)
Bretling- Now Open (Previous Helen Ficalora space)
CAVA- Coming Soon (Previous Which Wich space)
Creed- Coming Spring 2023 (Previous 1 of 2 Panerai spaces)
Joey- Coming Summer 2023 (Previous Seasons 52 space)
Jil Sander- Coming Spring 2023
Marni- Coming Spring 2023
Rhone- Coming Spring 2023 (Previous Temp Peloton space)
Tecovas- Coming Summer 2023
Todd Snyder- Coming Spring 2023 (Previous Frye Space)

Store Relocations:
Gucci- (Previous Burberry, LK Fine Art, 1 of 2 Panerai spaces)
Nike- (Previous H&M spaces)
Victoria's Secret -(Previous Gap Space)

Soon to be Vacant/Vacant:
-Current Tiffany & Co Temp Space
-Current Bottega Veneta Temp Space
-Current Omega Temp Space
-Current Sunglasses Hut Temp Space
-Current Gucci Space
-Current Victoria's Secret/PINK Spaces
-Current Nike Space
-Previous (1 of 2) Rebecca Taylor Spaces
-Previous (2 of 2) Rebecca Taylor Spaces
-Previous Charolette Russe Space
-Previous Disney Store Space
-Previous La Duni Space
-Previous (1 of 2) Microsoft Spaces
-Previous Morphe Space
-Previous Green House Market Space
-Previous BareMinerals Space
-Previous The Theodore Space
-Previous AMC Dreamscape Space
-Previous Toni & Guy Space
-Previous iMart Space
-Previous Travelex Space
-Previous TGI Friday's Space
-Previous Rockport Space
-Previous GNC Live Well Space
-Previous Texas Treasures Space
-Previous Gamestop Space
-Previous Regis Salon Space
-Previous Mavericks Ultimate Fan Shop Space

acclar11

Postby acclar11 » 17 Jan 2023 17:20

Jasimm wrote:
R1070 wrote:

I was also confused on the location. I vaguely remember Justice on the second level before moving to the lower level before starbucks but I can't be sure. Still a good addition to the lineup. Surprised they would open a 4th location in the area with the Knox Henderson location being so close. Must be popular!

TDLR has its location at the current Fossil/Starbucks spot, but that could be an error. Who knows.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 17 Jan 2023 18:57

My guess for that large of a space would possibly be the previous Disney space or previous Dreamscape. The Morphe space might be too small.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 18 Jan 2023 19:37

Nike has closed, so the new location should be opening very soon. Also, the Ugg temporary space has closed, so I wonder what's going on there.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 19 Jan 2023 12:06

R1070 wrote:Nike has closed, so the new location should be opening very soon. Also, the Ugg temporary space has closed, so I wonder what's going on there.

Nike website has the store reopening in 7 days so we will see...

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 20 Jan 2023 23:47

Bottega Veneta has reopened in its refurbished space next to Rolex.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 21 Jan 2023 23:15

Jasimm wrote:Bottega Veneta has reopened in its refurbished space next to Rolex.

I am very impressed with this space, they are easily my favourite space in the NorthPark luxury wing by far. They even made good use of their temporary space, in comparison to Louis Vuitton and Burberry.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 22 Jan 2023 09:31

Now we wait and see what will come of that temp space.

Also, with Visionworks closing, that whole section by Macy's could be some sort of two-story retailer coming in there (Mango, Uniqlo, etc.).

acclar11

Postby acclar11 » 22 Jan 2023 17:49

Interesting news- According to TDLR, space B-217 will be the future Marni store. According to an older Northpark directory from 2006/7, space 217 is where Robert Graham is currently. If the directory is accurate (and it usually is), we should expect to see Robert Graham move or close by February.
https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/ ... 2023009600

R1070

Postby R1070 » 22 Jan 2023 18:30

I was expecting to see some action with Robert Graham. I’m thinking where the temp Ugg space was. And we should see something with lululemon at some point. Any word on Jil Sander? Perhaps that’s going into the old Bottega temp space.

hjkll

Postby hjkll » 22 Jan 2023 22:19

Whenever I doubt Northpark it seems like they usually pull through. Exciting to see that wing of the mall turn into true luxury corridor.

The Bottega space is fantastic. Lulu should move to wear Victoria's Secret is, which should leave the mall until they have an Abercrombie-esque comeback. Between Nike and Lulu that could fit another what- 5 luxury stores?

Robert Graham is horrific and I wouldn't mind seeing it leave altogether even with their upper middle price points.

Fingers crossed for what comes into the Nike space. Hopefully Prada takes part of it, but I'd love to see a "get" like HPV got with Goyard and NP get a Delvaux.

Also not 100% confirmed but a friend of a friend says Everlane is coming to NP.

I had a friend who pre-COVID was interviewing for Givenchy in HPV, but they never opened. Would be interesting if they're looking for a Dallas outpost again.

I also wonder what stores in Northpark has outgrown their spaces. I wonder if Tory Burch will move to a larger spot, and if Apple will create an even bigger flagship location like they are around the world with trees.

Addison

Postby Addison » 23 Jan 2023 01:09

hjkll wrote:Whenever I doubt Northpark it seems like they usually pull through. Exciting to see that wing of the mall turn into true luxury corridor.

The Bottega space is fantastic. Lulu should move to wear Victoria's Secret is, which should leave the mall until they have an Abercrombie-esque comeback. Between Nike and Lulu that could fit another what- 5 luxury stores?

Robert Graham is horrific and I wouldn't mind seeing it leave altogether even with their upper middle price points.

Fingers crossed for what comes into the Nike space. Hopefully Prada takes part of it, but I'd love to see a "get" like HPV got with Goyard and NP get a Delvaux.

I had a friend who pre-COVID was interviewing for Givenchy in HPV, but they never opened. Would be interesting if they're looking for a Dallas outpost again.

I also wonder what stores in Northpark has outgrown their spaces. I wonder if Tory Burch will move to a larger spot, and if Apple will create an even bigger flagship location like they are around the world with trees.

Givenchy is one I've been really looking forward to (Houston already has one).

Hopefully, we will get a location soon...
Last edited by Addison on 23 Jan 2023 09:32, edited 2 times in total.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 23 Jan 2023 08:41

Addison wrote:
hjkll wrote:Whenever I doubt Northpark it seems like they usually pull through. Exciting to see that wing of the mall turn into true luxury corridor.

Givnechy is one I've been really looking forward to (Housotn already has one).

Hopefully, we will get a location soon...

Houston has a Givenchy inside a dept store, not a stand alone boutique like what just opened in Atlanta.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 23 Jan 2023 12:52

I know that Everlane had a pop-up a few years ago at Nordstrom, so assuming that did well maybe they are looking to expand in the market.

From a previous comment looks like Robert Graham will be relocating to make space for the incoming Marni boutique.

With Nike/Lulu leaving that would be an incredible opening for new spaces to be developed... Prada, Miu Miu, Loewe, Givenchy, Chloe, DSquared2, Marc Jacobs, AMIRI, Acne Studios..... possibly a Giorgio Armani or Bvlgari return to market?

I think Moynat or Faure Le Page would be a good Northpark counter to HP Village Goyard, but Delvaux would be a great addition regardless.

Just have to see what HP Village & Northpark have in store with both having a lot of movement/renovations currently for new stores to come...

hjkll

Postby hjkll » 26 Jan 2023 04:56

Looks like Tecovas will be going into part of the old Microsoft spot by Breadwinners

ArtVandelay

Postby ArtVandelay » 27 Jan 2023 09:54

I don't understand La Duni - that place was rocking and fit nicely into NP's target market. I get COVID, but you would think they could have worked something out. How long is it going to sit vacant?

IMO Kona Grill doesn't fit the profile...maybe 10 years go, but not in 2023.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 27 Jan 2023 12:40

DMN has an article listing 12 new stores coming to Northpark Center. Can anyone get past the paywall and read?