Northpark Center

R1070

Re: Northpark Center

Postby R1070 » 04 Feb 2024 22:43

Retail has had its struggles in Atlanta. DFW and Houston are stronger markets.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 04 Feb 2024 23:07

R1070 wrote:Retail has had its struggles in Atlanta. DFW and Houston are stronger markets.

I see a lot of shuffling there with some of Buckhead's shops and even some of Lenox's all concentrating themselves to Phipps - probably like what happened to the Galleria when NorthPark expanded a while back, but Phipps makes NorthPark feel like Stonebriar. Still, I have a hard time calling DFW a stronger market since it seems like some retailers have struggled quite a bit here too.

The recent additions seem to be a good sign though (Prada, Amiri, Givenchy, Moncler, Balmain, LOEWE, Maison Margiela, Marni)... some of these are very late to enter the market, but I really hope Dallas supports these brands. Their entrance gives me some hope that the market can evolve.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 04 Feb 2024 23:36

I would never say any of their centers make NP look like Stonebriar. You seem to be critical of NP ever since the Claires came back. It’s not the nail in the coffin.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 04 Feb 2024 23:50

R1070 wrote:I would never say any of their centers make NP look like Stonebriar. You seem to be critical of NP ever since the Claires came back. It’s not the nail in the coffin.

To be fair I guess that center is like, way smaller than NorthPark so it's not necessarily the best comparison. HPV also puts NorthPark to shame but it's the exclusivity of these places that is why. I can almost excuse the low end additions to the Macy's wing at NorthPark now that Cotton On has left and they've still pulled a number of new and upmarket stores (while losing some good ones) but I'm a bit skeptical about what happens when a mall doesn't go mixed use in this day in age, especially as the Galleria is showing its potential again. It's nice to see positive development somewhere like the addition of a high-end hotel and athletic club. Doesn't feel right to comment on empty space when the Galleria has plenty as well, but it's definitely an issue. Just, no reason why NorthPark couldn't have pulled Bearfruit, Intimissimi, Mango, Uniqlo, etc; and instead went with a retailer they 1) kicked out when they decided to go higher end (and failed) and 2) is readily available in Macy's, CVS, and even Walmart. And the other spaces surrounding it have been empty. I'm all for filling the empty Macy's wing and not having the mall be 100% upscale, but these aren't even interesting additions in the slightest - the Galleria seems to be winning at this though. But being that it's a smaller space in an empty wing, it's not the worst that could've happened. If Forever 21 or H&M comes back, then we'd really have an issue.

That said, I am really curious to compare what percentage occupancy said centers have, but I know NorthPark rarely shares any of that information. Obviously it won't be as bad as the Galleria Dallas, but I'm still curious now that it seems like a lot of space has opened up (VS is so recent so I can't really hold it against them, same with MK and Gucci, but there's still spaces that have been empty a while)
Last edited by Proquest20 on 06 Feb 2024 02:52, edited 4 times in total.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 05 Feb 2024 09:43

Jasimm wrote:With the recent openings/coming soon in Dallas we are having almost entire owner group portfolios have a store presence....

LVMH:
Northpark Center- Louis Vuittion, Marc Jacobs, Givenchy, Rimowa, Tiffany & Co.
Highland Park Village- Loewe, Celine, Christian Dior, Fendi, Loro Piana,
No Presence- Berluti, Emilio Pucci, JW Anderson, Kenzo, Moynat, Off-White, Patou, Pheobe Philo

Richemont:
Northpark Center- Montblanc
Highland Park Village- Cartier, Van Cleef & Arpels, Panerai, Vacheron Constatin, Peter Millar
No Presence- Buccallati, A. Lang & Sohne, Baume & Mercier, IWC Schaffhausen, Jaeger- LeCoultre, Piaget, Robert Dubuis, Alaia, Chloe, Devaux,

Kering
Northpark Center- Gucci, Saint Laurent, Bottega Veneta, Balenciaga, Creed
Highland Park Village- Alexander McQueen, Brioni, Valentino
No Presence- Boucheron, Pomellato

OTB
Northpark Center- Maison Margiela, Diesel, Jil Sander, Marni, AMIRI
Highland Park Village-
No Presence- Viktor & Rolf

Brands I hope come to Dallas with the shuffle:
Chloe (Richemont)
Moynat (LVMH)
Miu Miu (PG)
Bvlgari (LVMH)
Acne Studios
Gentle Monster
Delvaux (Richemont)

Additional Groups to Consider:

Lanvin Group
Northpark Center- St John
Highland Park Village-
No Presence- Lanvin, Sergio Rossi, Wolford, Caruso

Capri Holdings:
Northpark Center- Versace
Highland Park Village- Jimmy Choo
Galleria Dallas- Michael Kors
No Presence-

Prada Group
Northpark Center- Prada
Highland Park Village-
No Presence- Miu Miu, Church's, Car Shoe

PUIG
Northpark Center- Byredo
Highland Park Village- Carolina Hererra
No Presence- Paco Rabanne, Jean Paul Gautier, Dries Van Noten, Nina Ricci

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 05 Feb 2024 10:38

Jasimm wrote:
Jasimm wrote:With the recent openings/coming soon in Dallas we are having almost entire owner group portfolios have a store presence....

LVMH:
Northpark Center- Louis Vuittion, Marc Jacobs, Givenchy, Rimowa, Tiffany & Co.
Highland Park Village- Loewe, Celine, Christian Dior, Fendi, Loro Piana,
No Presence- Berluti, Emilio Pucci, JW Anderson, Kenzo, Moynat, Off-White, Patou, Pheobe Philo

Richemont:
Northpark Center- Montblanc
Highland Park Village- Cartier, Van Cleef & Arpels, Panerai, Vacheron Constatin, Peter Millar
No Presence- Buccallati, A. Lang & Sohne, Baume & Mercier, IWC Schaffhausen, Jaeger- LeCoultre, Piaget, Robert Dubuis, Alaia, Chloe, Devaux,

Kering
Northpark Center- Gucci, Saint Laurent, Bottega Veneta, Balenciaga, Creed
Highland Park Village- Alexander McQueen, Brioni, Valentino
No Presence- Boucheron, Pomellato

OTB
Northpark Center- Maison Margiela, Diesel, Jil Sander, Marni, AMIRI
Highland Park Village-
No Presence- Viktor & Rolf

Brands I hope come to Dallas with the shuffle:
Chloe (Richemont)
Moynat (LVMH)
Miu Miu (PG)
Bvlgari (LVMH)
Acne Studios
Gentle Monster
Delvaux (Richemont)

Additional Groups to Consider:

Lanvin Group
Northpark Center- St John
Highland Park Village-
No Presence- Lanvin, Sergio Rossi, Wolford, Caruso

Capri Holdings:
Northpark Center- Versace
Highland Park Village- Jimmy Choo
Galleria Dallas- Michael Kors
No Presence-

Prada Group
Northpark Center- Prada
Highland Park Village-
No Presence- Miu Miu, Church's, Car Shoe

PUIG
Northpark Center- Byredo
Highland Park Village- Carolina Hererra
No Presence- Paco Rabanne, Jean Paul Gautier, Dries Van Noten, Nina Ricci

We had a Wolford here, really should come back. Chloe won’t come to Dallas, they really only picked world class cities when it came to opening stores (literally just New York, Bal Harbour, Las Vegas, Costa Mesa, and Los Angeles) . Kering should bring its stores back to NorthPark, the Valentino move was so strange.
Last edited by Proquest20 on 05 Feb 2024 11:41, edited 1 time in total.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 05 Feb 2024 11:39

I'm pretty sure Vegas has Chloe...or at least it did when I was last there.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 05 Feb 2024 11:43

R1070 wrote:I'm pretty sure Vegas has Chloe...or at least it did when I was last there.

They do, in the Encore.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 05 Feb 2024 22:50

De Beers was once at NorthPark also. Would be nice if they returned. I wonder if Skims would open in Dallas, although I assume they'd pick West Village or Galleria.

luxeshop97

Postby luxeshop97 » 06 Feb 2024 11:58

Proquest20 wrote:De Beers was once at NorthPark also. Would be nice if they returned. I wonder if Skims would open in Dallas, although I assume they'd pick West Village or Galleria.

De Beers only has 4 stores in the United States, 2 of which are in an authorized dealer. I’m surprised Houston has a full line store at all, but I suppose it does very well. I doubt De Beers would come back to Dallas if they don’t even have full line stores in Beverly Hills, Vegas, or Miami.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 06 Feb 2024 13:15

luxeshop97 wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:De Beers was once at NorthPark also. Would be nice if they returned. I wonder if Skims would open in Dallas, although I assume they'd pick West Village or Galleria.

De Beers only has 4 stores in the United States, 2 of which are in an authorized dealer. I’m surprised Houston has a full line store at all, but I suppose it does very well. I doubt De Beers would come back to Dallas if they don’t even have full line stores in Beverly Hills, Vegas, or Miami.

It’s interesting that we ever had one to begin with, but I bet they’d end up in Highland Park if they did choose to come back at all. Still a huge reach, wonder what made them close their Rodeo Drive location. I guess the brand itself has struggled lately and has found itself in some controversy.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 06 Feb 2024 13:46

Skims is supposed to open in Dallas.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 06 Feb 2024 21:47

R1070 wrote:

Skims is supposed to open in Dallas.

I’m betting the Galleria or the West Village.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 08 Feb 2024 17:53

I don’t really mind having Ann Taylor back, their new store looks good.

There’s also a temporary art exhibit for the Chinese new year next to Zara

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 09 Feb 2024 00:50

With planned expansion, Eiseman Jewels - Temp Space will be taking Suite 1408 (previously Gucci?)

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 09 Feb 2024 11:28

Jasimm wrote:With planned expansion, Eiseman Jewels - Temp Space will be taking Suite 1408 (previously Gucci?)

Now that’s an interesting temporary space for sure… can’t wait to see how it looks :D

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 09 Feb 2024 12:12

Hill House was announced. I never heard of this brand before but seems very nice to have another homegoods store here.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 09 Feb 2024 12:32

Proquest20 wrote:Hill House was announced. I never heard of this brand before but seems very nice to have another homegoods store here.

They are actually womens wear the name is deceiving lol, lots of floral pattern dresses and such. This will replace the previous 7 For all Mankind space, and be the first boutique outside of the East Coast (NYC, Nantucket, Palm Beach).

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 09 Feb 2024 17:23

Jasimm wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:Hill House was announced. I never heard of this brand before but seems very nice to have another homegoods store here.

They are actually womens wear the name is deceiving lol, lots of floral pattern dresses and such. This will replace the previous 7 For all Mankind space, and be the first boutique outside of the East Coast (NYC, Nantucket, Palm Beach).

Nah, they do sell home stuff as well on their website.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 09 Feb 2024 22:23

Proquest20 wrote:
Jasimm wrote:

ok

R1070

Postby R1070 » 09 Feb 2024 22:59

Proquest20 wrote:
Jasimm wrote:

Pretty sure it’s just going to be a clothing store, especially in that small of a space.

acclar11

Postby acclar11 » 10 Feb 2024 20:20

Could Fendi be opening a second location at NorthPark? They recently expanded to two stores in Atlanta, and Dallas has larger luxury market than Atlanta

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 11 Feb 2024 02:27

acclar11 wrote:Could Fendi be opening a second location at NorthPark? They recently expanded to two stores in Atlanta, and Dallas has larger luxury market than Atlanta

Fendi, Christian Louboutin, and Dior are honestly the three I’d expect to open second locations/relocate to NorthPark. Dior has two in Houston and Louboutin already has a massive presence in the mall through Nordstrom and Neiman’s, which THE Christian Louboutin did visit recently. As for the Dallas luxury market being larger than Atlanta’s… that’s a questionable statement. They may be equal at best but we have Neiman’s to our advantage.

acclar11

Postby acclar11 » 11 Feb 2024 11:03

Proquest20 wrote:
acclar11 wrote:Could Fendi be opening a second location at NorthPark? They recently expanded to two stores in Atlanta, and Dallas has larger luxury market than Atlanta

Fendi, Christian Louboutin, and Dior are honestly the three I’d expect to open second locations/relocate to NorthPark. Dior has two in Houston and Louboutin already has a massive presence in the mall through Nordstrom and Neiman’s, which THE Christian Louboutin did visit recently. As for the Dallas luxury market being larger than Atlanta’s… that’s a questionable statement. They may be equal at best but we have Neiman’s to our advantage.

I mean, we have Clearfork, Legacy West, HPV, NorthPark, and Galleria (We also have Willow Bend, but that hardly counts). They have Lenox, Phipps, and Buckhead, all of which are two to three minutes from each other. The Bloomingdale's in Atlanta is also nothing special (It's practically equal to Galleria Dallas Nordstrom).

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 11 Feb 2024 11:19

acclar11 wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:

I mean, we have Clearfork, Legacy West, HPV, NorthPark, and Galleria (We also have Willow Bend, but that hardly counts). They have Lenox, Phipps, and Buckhead, all of which are two to three minutes from each other. The Bloomingdale's in Atlanta is also nothing special (It's practically equal to Galleria Dallas Nordstrom).

Yeah, Willow Bend is just a glorified Neiman’s at this point. Most of the designers at some of these locations (Clearfork, Legacy West, Galleria Dallas) tend to be the same ones but that’s fair considering the general offerings tend to be upscale (aside from the Galleria where there’s like 4 of them)

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 16 Feb 2024 19:48

https://www.papercitymag.com/fashion/sh ... on/#504934

No comment on Highland Park's Etro... but they do mention international sales have been up 50%. Hill House will carry their bedding and wallpaper in addition to their clothing. No update on Prada's opening date.

hjkll

Postby hjkll » 17 Feb 2024 16:45

Etro opening in April
HPV Etro WILL close. Stopped by store yesterday and asked.

Diptyque is going in Northpark next to Marc Jacobs. Business seems to be good for expansion.

Northpark was packed to the gills today and all stores save a few were completely full of customers.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 18 Feb 2024 00:31

hjkll wrote:Etro opening in April
HPV Etro WILL close. Stopped by store yesterday and asked.

Diptyque is going in Northpark next to Marc Jacobs. Business seems to be good for expansion.

Northpark was packed to the gills today and all stores save a few were completely full of customers.

They need to bring L'Occitane to this side of the mall.

hjkll

Postby hjkll » 18 Feb 2024 09:55

Everyone on this sub should email northpark their ideas.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 18 Feb 2024 10:13

hjkll wrote:Everyone on this sub should email northpark their ideas.

They delete Instagram comments I found :lol:

R1070

Postby R1070 » 23 Feb 2024 19:31

T Mobile’s new location has opened. Buckle’s current location will close after this weekend.

acclar11

Postby acclar11 » 27 Feb 2024 11:43

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/ret ... ry-brands/
"Macy’s also plans to add 15 new Bloomingdale’s and 30 Bluemercury locations by 2026 — an effort to accelerate the growth of its higher-end brands."
Could we cross our fingers for Macy's closing for a Bloomingdale's?

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 27 Feb 2024 15:03

acclar11 wrote:https://www.dallasnews.com/business/retail/2024/02/27/macys-closing-150-underperforming-stores-grow-luxury-brands/
"Macy’s also plans to add 15 new Bloomingdale’s and 30 Bluemercury locations by 2026 — an effort to accelerate the growth of its higher-end brands."

PLEASE!! That would be the perfect place for it.

Addison

Postby Addison » 27 Feb 2024 18:27

acclar11 wrote:https://www.dallasnews.com/business/retail/2024/02/27/macys-closing-150-underperforming-stores-grow-luxury-brands/

Since Neimans is apparently staying put at Willow Bend, another possibility would be for Bloomingdales to occupy the former Sears at Stonebriar.

It checks all the boxes.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 27 Feb 2024 18:49

Addison wrote:

Since Neimans is apparently staying put at Willow Bend, another possibility would be for Bloomingdales to occupy the former Sears at Stonebriar.

It checks all the boxes.

What boxes? I would’ve said the Belk space at the Galleria would be a bit better, they still have higher end retailers than Stonebriar and have started making a comeback. If it’s a Bloomie’s it can take over American Girl.

Addison

Postby Addison » 27 Feb 2024 20:03

Proquest20 wrote:
Addison wrote:

It checks all the boxes.

What boxes?

High population growth area, high-income area, explosive growth of high-paying corporate jobs in the surrounding area, a mall that's constantly jam-packed with shoppers, a more tourist-y area than even the Galleria / Addison area these days, less direct competition from Neimans, etc.

Also, a ready-to-move-in space with a bit of renovation.
Last edited by Addison on 28 Feb 2024 10:19, edited 1 time in total.

NdoorTX

Postby NdoorTX » 28 Feb 2024 09:35

From a source who works for Macy's in one of their Dallas locations.

They mentioned the NP and Galleria stores are very profitable and won't close. They did say NP was targeted to be updated and the product assortment upgraded to a higher status version of Macy's. They mentioned an initiative for the top 50 stores in the nation called "Elite 50" or something to that effect. Those were going to get upgrades soon. Galleria might also be targeted for that. So sorry to those that are praying and conducting seances for Macy's to leave.

Maybe a letter writing campaign to force Dillards out and take over that spot might work better. :mrgreen:
Last edited by NdoorTX on 28 Feb 2024 14:00, edited 1 time in total.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 28 Feb 2024 09:42

NdoorTX wrote:From a source who works for Macy's in one of their Dallas locations.

They mentioned the NP and Galleria stores are very profitable and won't close. She did say NP was targeted to be updated and the product assortment upgraded to a higher status version of Macy's. They mentioned an initiative for the top 50 stores in the nation called "Elite 50" or something to that effect. Those were going to get upgrades soon. Galleria might also be targeted for that. So sorry to those that are praying and conducting seances for Macy's to leave.

Maybe a letter writing campaign to force Dillards out and take over that spot might work better. :mrgreen:

I do recall mention of the Galleria Macy's getting an update in a previous article about the changes at the Galleria.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 28 Feb 2024 12:22

NdoorTX wrote:From a source who works for Macy's in one of their Dallas locations.

They mentioned the NP and Galleria stores are very profitable and won't close. She did say NP was targeted to be updated and the product assortment upgraded to a higher status version of Macy's. They mentioned an initiative for the top 50 stores in the nation called "Elite 50" or something to that effect. Those were going to get upgrades soon. Galleria might also be targeted for that. So sorry to those that are praying and conducting seances for Macy's to leave.

Would love if Saks or Bloomingdales would take over Dillard’s at NorthPark, but that’s the Dillards flagship for the region as well as their #1 store in the chain

R1070

Postby R1070 » 28 Feb 2024 15:24

I never see Saks going into Central Dallas, but could see it in the burbs like Southlake Town Center or Frisco.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 28 Feb 2024 16:33

R1070 wrote:I never see Saks going into Central Dallas, but could see it in the burbs like Southlake Town Center or Frisco.

Maybe they could return to Willow Bend or North East Mall :D who knows what the redevelopment of those properties is going to bring. North East has potential but QuickLotz needs to go. That side of the metroplex definitely could handle an upscale anchor (although I think Parks is more deserving - Arlington is booming with tourism as of lately.)

Addison

Postby Addison » 29 Feb 2024 09:39

Saks isn't coming back to Dallas.

They've made their intentions pretty clear, those being a hostile takeover of Neimans.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 29 Feb 2024 16:30

Addison wrote:Saks isn't coming back to Dallas.

They've made their intentions pretty clear, those being a hostile takeover of Neimans.

Definitely not Dallas. They have locations in Tulsa and San Antonio of all places, so if they open anywhere in the metro it would probably be Fort Worth (although they left Hurst as well so I’m extremely doubtful.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 29 Feb 2024 17:16

Chick Fil A is apparently opening at 8:30 for breakfast now. NorthPark better get to building a hotel so these restaurants will have customers during breakfast hours

R1070

Postby R1070 » 29 Feb 2024 19:22

scott2

Postby scott2 » 01 Mar 2024 18:37

I have always believed NorthPark has been missing an opportunity to add hotel / residential and ( eventually ) office components to this complex similar to the Galleria. The surface parking lots to the north on the Park Ave are almost always empty. There are other parking lots and garages attached which could be for these same purposes. Residents, hotel guests and office workers would have direct access to the retail and residents via a direct connection to the mall. What to shot in the arm to the food court and cinema that would be.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 02 Mar 2024 14:13

scott2 wrote:I have always believed NorthPark has been missing an opportunity to add hotel / residential and ( eventually ) office components to this complex similar to the Galleria. The surface parking lots to the north on the Park Ave are almost always empty. There are other parking lots and garages attached which could be for these same purposes. Residents, hotel guests and office workers would have direct access to the retail and residents via a direct connection to the mall. What to shot in the arm to the food court and cinema that would be.

Many years ago they talked about a hotel addition, might have even been an Omni but it never made it beyond speculation and I don't think there was even a rendering of a proposed hotel tower. But, I tend to agree that a hotel and residential could make sense if just the right concept could be developed. Something holds them back from doing that, not sure what it is.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 02 Mar 2024 14:47

In a world where Willow Bend is apparently getting a hotel… NorthPark needs to step it up.

IcedCowboyCoffee

Postby IcedCowboyCoffee » 04 Mar 2024 10:48

Tnexster wrote:Many years ago they talked about a hotel addition, might have even been an Omni but it never made it beyond speculation and I don't think there was even a rendering of a proposed hotel tower.

Putting a hotel on the lot along Boedecker street makes so much sense to me that I don't understand why they haven't yet. What other hotel would be able to say they have an Eataly outside its lobby? It's such an easy sell.
Then to the west you'd have an overlook of the cemetary. Not being morbid or anything, but it's a beautiful 80 acres full of mature trees.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 04 Mar 2024 14:51

IcedCowboyCoffee wrote:
Tnexster wrote:Many years ago they talked about a hotel addition, might have even been an Omni but it never made it beyond speculation and I don't think there was even a rendering of a proposed hotel tower.

Putting a hotel on the lot along Boedecker street makes so much sense to me that I don't understand why they haven't yet. What other hotel would be able to say they have an Eataly outside its lobby? It's such an easy sell.
Then to the west you'd have an overlook of the cemetary. Not being morbid or anything, but it's a beautiful 80 acres full of mature trees.

Park MGM comes to mind.