Northpark Center

acclar11

Re: Northpark Center

Postby acclar11 » 28 Jan 2024 14:38

luxeshop97 wrote:Michael Kors has abruptly closed, leaving the Galleria location as the last remaining boutique in DFW (besides outlets). That’s shocking tbh…

That's really shocking... I wonder what management has in store.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 28 Jan 2024 15:01

Proquest20 wrote:
R1070 wrote:It’s the beginning of the year. Lots of leases are up. NorthPark is notorious for shifting around stores and bringing in new ones. It’s a top tier mall, and they can be picky about who goes where within their walls.

It seems like there’s a lot more shuffling around stores than bringing in new ones right now though. And I’ve never seen that at any mall. And I don’t really see NorthPark as being picky, they can’t afford to be when most malls are struggling. There’s changes that needed to be made to NorthPark like, 10 years ago that they’re still not making. It’ll be very rough on NorthPark if the never decide to go the mixed-use route like every major mall in the country has.

I meant they are picky about where stores are located in the mall.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 28 Jan 2024 15:07

luxeshop97 wrote:Michael Kors has abruptly closed, leaving the Galleria location as the last remaining boutique in DFW (besides outlets). That’s shocking tbh…

I wonder if it’s a permanent closure or not.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 28 Jan 2024 15:24

I once heard that NorthPark stores aren’t usually profitable and usually just exist for exposure due to rent being so high. I’m not sure that Dallas is the right place for that, and with NorthPark not being a mixed use property, it makes me a little skeptical.

I do remember this Michael Kors would carry bags that very few locations in the country would carry (like their more premium label stuff). It’s not a good fit for the side of NorthPark it’s on but would’ve likely been better closer to Nordstrom. Unfortunately there’s not as much space over there. Anyway, aside from Louis Vuitton and Gucci I’m not sure what other brands typically have massive stores - but combining the MK space with the Gucci space would be a nice big space for a brand to take over. Or it can be divided up into smaller stores.

But again, not a big loss considering Michael Kors products are sold in each of NorthPark’s anchors. It’s nice to have Ross merchandise out of the luxury wing.

And if I remember correctly, North East Mall still has a Michael Kors?
Last edited by Proquest20 on 28 Jan 2024 16:02, edited 4 times in total.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 28 Jan 2024 15:32

R1070 wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:
R1070 wrote:It’s the beginning of the year. Lots of leases are up. NorthPark is notorious for shifting around stores and bringing in new ones. It’s a top tier mall, and they can be picky about who goes where within their walls.

It seems like there’s a lot more shuffling around stores than bringing in new ones right now though. And I’ve never seen that at any mall. And I don’t really see NorthPark as being picky, they can’t afford to be when most malls are struggling. There’s changes that needed to be made to NorthPark like, 10 years ago that they’re still not making. It’ll be very rough on NorthPark if the never decide to go the mixed-use route like every major mall in the country has.

I meant they are picky about where stores are located in the mall.

It sort of seems like they’re easing up a little bit though, I thought putting Alo Yoga next to John Varvatos and leaving Lululemon was a weird choice when Vuori, Nike, Peloton and Athleta are all concentrated to the Macy’s court.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 28 Jan 2024 17:09

The old Gucci and MK spaces are now combined behind the same drywall. I’m wondering if they are carving out some different size spaces since both of those spaces are relatively big. The same is going on where VS/Pink was and the Madewell / Cotton On spaces. I don’t think it’s all doom and gloom. There’s been periods of major shuffling in the past. I don’t think any of these spaces are just planned to sit empty.

luxeshop97

Postby luxeshop97 » 28 Jan 2024 18:45

Proquest20 wrote:

I once heard that NorthPark stores aren’t usually profitable and usually just exist for exposure due to rent being so high. I’m not sure that Dallas is the right place for that, and with NorthPark not being a mixed use property, it makes me a little skeptical.

I do remember this Michael Kors would carry bags that very few locations in the country would carry (like their more premium label stuff). It’s not a good fit for the side of NorthPark it’s on but would’ve likely been better closer to Nordstrom. Unfortunately there’s not as much space over there. Anyway, aside from Louis Vuitton and Gucci I’m not sure what other brands typically have massive stores - but combining the MK space with the Gucci space would be a nice big space for a brand to take over. Or it can be divided up into smaller stores.

But again, not a big loss considering Michael Kors products are sold in each of NorthPark’s anchors. It’s nice to have Ross merchandise out of the luxury wing.

Oh yes I forgot about that location. Odd that they’re still there but not at Stonebriar. There’s been rumors of The Webster coming to NorthPark and they just had a pop up at the Mansion in Turtle Creek. That would be a good spot for them maybe.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 28 Jan 2024 20:59

luxeshop97 wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:

Oh yes I forgot about that location. Odd that they’re still there but not at Stonebriar. There’s been rumors of The Webster coming to NorthPark and they just had a pop up at the Mansion in Turtle Creek. That would be a good spot for them maybe.

Isn’t Webster usually located outside of the malls that they’re in? It’s that way at Houston’s Galleria, I’d imagine they’d probably take the Dallas Galleria’s AG space instead.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 28 Jan 2024 21:01

R1070 wrote:The old Gucci and MK spaces are now combined behind the same drywall. I’m wondering if they are carving out some different size spaces since both of those spaces are relatively big. The same is going on where VS/Pink was and the Madewell / Cotton On spaces. I don’t think it’s all doom and gloom. There’s been periods of major shuffling in the past. I don’t think any of these spaces are just planned to sit empty.

I’ll believe it when NorthPark adds mixed use to the property and finally fills the spaces that have been empty for years with decent retailers.

Jbarn

Postby Jbarn » 29 Jan 2024 06:48

R1070 wrote:The old Gucci and MK spaces are now combined behind the same drywall. I’m wondering if they are carving out some different size spaces since both of those spaces are relatively big. The same is going on where VS/Pink was and the Madewell / Cotton On spaces. I don’t think it’s all doom and gloom. There’s been periods of major shuffling in the past. I don’t think any of these spaces are just planned to sit empty.

They need to hurry up with all this shifting and reconfiguring as it seems to have been going on for years now. And when first time visitors, or folks who don’t read this site visit the mall, and have no clue what’s going on, Northpark comes off as just another mall that is struggling to fill its spaces. When I was there a few days ago it just had a sad feeling and I had never felt that there before.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 29 Jan 2024 10:03

Jbarn wrote:

They need to hurry up with all this shifting and reconfiguring as it seems to have been going on for years now. And when first time visitors, or folks who don’t read this site visit the mall, and have no clue what’s going on, Northpark comes off as just another mall that is struggling to fill its spaces. When I was there a few days ago it just had a sad feeling and I had never felt that there before.

Exactly, like normal malls don’t do this. Again it really does make me want to wait until I’m in Houston to shop.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 29 Jan 2024 14:31

The Galleria is also notorious for the the same thing and has more empty storefronts. It's not just a NorthPark thing.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 30 Jan 2024 01:00

Retail Updates 01/29/2023:
Changes from Last Update in Red

New Stores:
AMIRI- Coming Soon (Previous Nike (Partial))
Ann Taylor- Coming Soon (Previous Charolette Russe?)
Etro- Coming Soon- (Previous Fabiana Fillipi)
Givenchy- Coming Soon (Previous Nike (Partial))
Joey- Now Open (Previous Seasons 52)
Marine Layer- Coming Soon (Previous Robert Graham Pop-Up Downstairs)
Pizza Leila- Coming Soon (Previous Snappy Salad)
Prada- Coming Soon (Previous Nike (Partial))
Reformation- Coming Soon (Previous J Crew)
Rothy's- Coming Soon (Current Everything But Water)
Travis Matthew- Coming Soon (Previous Trains at Northpark)

Store Relocations/Renovations/Expansions:

7 for all Mankind- Opening Soon (Previous Scotch & Soda)
Arhaus- (Planned Internal Renovation)
Buckle-Opening Soon (Previous AMC Dreamscape)
Byredo- Now Open (Previous Swatch)
Everything but Water- Coming Soon (Previous Upwest?)
Lenscrafters- Opening Soon (Previous VisionWorks & iMart)
Madewell- Opening Soon (Renovation/Expansion)
Maje- Now Open (Previous Byredo)
Robert Graham- Now Open (Previous Lip Lab)
Tiffany & Co- Opening Late Feb/Early March 2024 (Renovation)
Tory Burch- Opening Soon (Previous Allsaints)
T-Mobile- Opening Soon (Previous Toni & Guy & Travelex)
Victoria's Secrets/PINK- Now Open (Previous GAP)
Zales- Coming Soon (Previous Rockport)

Soon to be Vacant/Vacant:
-Current 7 for all Mankind
-Current Tiffany & Co Temp
-Current Lenscrafters
-Current T-Mobile
-Current Tory Burch
-Current Zales
-Previous Pinto Ranch
-Previous La Duni
-Previous Gucci
-Previous Maje
-Previous Longchamp Temp
-Previous Victoria's Secret/PINK
-Previous Michael Kors
-Previous Proposed Clergerie Paris
-Previous Green House Market
-Previous The Theodore
-Previous Robert Graham Pop-Up Upstairs
-Previous TGI Friday's
-Previous GNC Live Well
-Previous Gamestop
-Previous UpWest
-Previous Mavericks Ultimate Fan Shop

Stores Proposed via TLDR yet not announced:
Everlane
APM Monaco
Kenda Scott
Last edited by Jasimm on 30 Jan 2024 10:34, edited 1 time in total.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 30 Jan 2024 01:01

Dallas' Most Exciting New Big Box Luxury and Specialty Stores opening in 2024

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/ret ... g-in-2024/

Can anyone see what the article says behind the paywall?

hjkll

Postby hjkll » 30 Jan 2024 08:04

That DMN article says nothing new. Prada, Rothy's, Givenchy, Amiri, etc

Whoever said many weeks ago that Tory was moving into All Saints was incredibly prescient. The NP maps are updated online and it shows Tory in the old All Saints spot.

Looks like the Neimans Dillards corridor is becoming 100% true luxury, which makes the decision to leave Lululemon there even more baffling.

Everyone also has to remember store shuffling also gives these stores a chance to update and refresh.

I hope Eiseman jewelers expand into the vacated Maje space.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 30 Jan 2024 08:50

Wish List
Stores to Return to NorthPark:
Ugg
Allsaints
Wolford
Bvlgari
Bally

Stores to Return to Dallas:
Theory

New Stores to Dallas:
Zadig & Voltaire
Lafayette
COS

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 30 Jan 2024 11:27

R1070 wrote:Wish List
Ugg
Allsaints
Wolford
Bvlgari
Bally

Theory

New Stores to Dallas:
Zadig & Voltaire
Lafayette
COS

I will add Giorgio Armani to this list.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 30 Jan 2024 11:30

hjkll wrote:That DMN article says nothing new. Prada, Rothy's, Givenchy, Amiri, etc

Whoever said many weeks ago that Tory was moving into All Saints was incredibly prescient. The NP maps are updated online and it shows Tory in the old All Saints spot.

Looks like the Neimans Dillards corridor is becoming 100% true luxury, which makes the decision to leave Lululemon there even more baffling.

Everyone also has to remember store shuffling also gives these stores a chance to update and refresh.

I hope Williams Sonoma takes the old VS space so we can have more space for luxury. L’Occitaine belongs in NorthCourt.

I don’t understand why the luxury stores tend to be leading closer to Dillard’s than Nordstrom, we’re going to have a Prada steps away from a Bath and Body Works (which belongs upstairs in the old Morphe space)

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 30 Jan 2024 16:22

Perhaps unrelated to the development of the mall, but I find it hilarious that they used in insanely outdated picture of the mall on the website. You have Fresh, Marmi, and the old storefront of Swarovski all in it!

R1070

Postby R1070 » 30 Jan 2024 18:48

Proquest20 wrote:
hjkll wrote:That DMN article says nothing new. Prada, Rothy's, Givenchy, Amiri, etc

I hope Williams Sonoma takes the old VS space so we can have more space for luxury. L’Occitaine belongs in NorthCourt.

I don’t understand why the luxury stores tend to be leading closer to Dillard’s than Nordstrom, we’re going to have a Prada steps away from a Bath and Body Works (which belongs upstairs in the old Morphe space)

Or even better if they went upstairs in Pinto Ranch/Lenscrafters spot next to Eataly and across from Design Within Reach.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 30 Jan 2024 18:48

Proquest20 wrote:
Ugg
Allsaints
Wolford
Bvlgari
Bally

Theory

New Stores to Dallas:
Zadig & Voltaire
Lafayette
COS

I didn't list that one because I think it would go to HP Village if it came back to Dallas. They cited the close proximity to their full line at NM as the reason for closing.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 30 Jan 2024 19:39

R1070 wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:

Or even better if they went upstairs in Pinto Ranch/Lenscrafters spot next to Eataly and across from Design Within Reach.

If they could put Nespresso and Williams Sonoma up there we would have a good concentration of homegoods in that area.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 30 Jan 2024 19:46

R1070 wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:
Ugg
Allsaints
Wolford
Bvlgari
Bally

Theory

New Stores to Dallas:
Zadig & Voltaire
Lafayette
COS

I didn't list that one because I think it would go to HP Village if it came back to Dallas. They cited the close proximity to their full line at NM as the reason for closing.

I do see HPV as the #1 choice for luxury retail with NorthPark being overflow due to proximity, but other malls Armani is in don’t have that problem, the Galleria has both Saks and Neiman Marcus. Who knows though, there’s an Armani outlet in Allen so I don’t necessarily see it being Highland Park Village material. But people around here must like it if we have their outlet in addition to their AX line with two locations.

Think an issue some brands may face, especially Michael Kors, Armani, Ralph Lauren, and Versace, is that their brands are available in literally every department store, which takes traffic from theirs. That was the issue with Ralph Lauren at NorthPark (although again, not a problem at the Galleria somehow). For Versace in particular, their Jeans Couture line which is sold at Macy’s and off price stores really cheapens how I see the brand. Gucci can be tacky but they still have items I would buy, but Versace…. even their main line gives off tacky vibes. Not to get even more off topic, but it’s hilarious to me that people are able to buy supposedly-luxury items using Klarna or Afterpay.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 30 Jan 2024 20:22

The RL store closed due to the RL store in HP Village which was the local flagship. The new location will be even better. I don’t recall Houston having two RL stores at any point.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 31 Jan 2024 09:44

R1070 wrote:The RL store closed due to the RL store in HP Village which was the local flagship. The new location will be even better. I don’t recall Houston having two RL stores at any point.

The NorthPark store was their Polo line so not the same thing and more suited towards the NorthPark customer. The Galleria appears to have once had the Polo store also, but now it only has the normal Ralph Lauren brand.(Polo is the lower end brand that they sell at Macy’s, Belk, Dillard’s, and Nordstrom)

R1070

Postby R1070 » 31 Jan 2024 09:47

Proquest20 wrote:
R1070 wrote:The RL store closed due to the RL store in HP Village which was the local flagship. The new location will be even better. I don’t recall Houston having two RL stores at any point.

The NorthPark store was their Polo line so not the same thing and more suited towards the NorthPark customer. The Galleria appears to have once had the Polo store also, but now it only has the normal Ralph Lauren brand.(Polo is the lower end brand that they sell at Macy’s, Belk, Dillard’s, and Nordstrom)

Yes, but NorthPark also had a RL store in the luxury wing in addition to the HP Village store.

luxeshop97

Postby luxeshop97 » 31 Jan 2024 10:10

There was contact information on the boarded up MK store and I decided to investigate. The former manager of MK said NorthPark wanted to utilize the space for a tenant currently in the mall. I suppose that’s good news that Tory is taking over AllSaints & someone else is taking the MK/Gucci spots so those locations don’t sit vacant. However I do not think it was an overall good move to displace those tenants. From what I was told, MK was actually doing quite well at NorthPark. They could’ve easily been relocated. I do want to point out that I’m impressed with many of the newer tenants coming in & it’s solidifying NPs luxury reputation. The mall is just too big to be 100% luxury, so I think the Nashers need to stop being so picky. .

R1070

Postby R1070 » 31 Jan 2024 10:16

luxeshop97 wrote:There was contact information on the boarded up MK store and I decided to investigate. The former manager of MK said NorthPark wanted to utilize the space for a tenant currently in the mall. I suppose that’s good news that Tory is taking over AllSaints & someone else is taking the MK/Gucci spots so those locations don’t sit vacant. However I do not think it was an overall good move to displace those tenants. From what I was told, MK was actually doing quite well at NorthPark. They could’ve easily been relocated. I do want to point out that I’m impressed with many of the newer tenants coming in & it’s solidifying NPs luxury reputation. The mall is just too big to be 100% luxury, so I think the Nashers need to stop being so picky. .

I wonder if the temporary Tiffany's space is spoken for already... that could be a good spot for MK. Did they indicate they would re-open in another location? I imagine Allsaints and Ugg were doing well also before they were displaced.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 31 Jan 2024 10:33

R1070 wrote:
luxeshop97 wrote:There was contact information on the boarded up MK store and I decided to investigate. The former manager of MK said NorthPark wanted to utilize the space for a tenant currently in the mall. I suppose that’s good news that Tory is taking over AllSaints & someone else is taking the MK/Gucci spots so those locations don’t sit vacant. However I do not think it was an overall good move to displace those tenants. From what I was told, MK was actually doing quite well at NorthPark. They could’ve easily been relocated. I do want to point out that I’m impressed with many of the newer tenants coming in & it’s solidifying NPs luxury reputation. The mall is just too big to be 100% luxury, so I think the Nashers need to stop being so picky. .

I wonder if the temporary Tiffany's space is spoken for already... that could be a good spot for MK. Did they indicate they would re-open in another location? I imagine Allsaints and Ugg were doing well also before they were displaced.

I was actually thinking the temp Tiffany would be good for Allsaints.

Wonder what luxury brands are moving in the take the current Tory Burch, or the possible combination previous MK/Gucci (I assume they will split the store into 3 like Nike).

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 31 Jan 2024 10:39

They aren’t being picky, we got a Claire’s and an Itsugar while the Galleria got the first Mango and Uniqlo in the region which is a problem. You’d think they’d prefer new to market brands (that also take up more space but they had the space for them, we could fit Mango in the VS space)

I’m more disappointed that these tenants are being displaced for existing tenants and not new tenants. The MK here also carried higher end MK products than North East and Galleria do. I also feel as if NorthPark really wanted to be 100% luxury they’d try to gain some appeal with tourists and not just the Highland Park/suburban crowd.
Last edited by Proquest20 on 31 Jan 2024 10:48, edited 1 time in total.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 31 Jan 2024 10:44

R1070 wrote:

NorthPark deleted my comments about Allsaints on Instagram and I guess someone else called and they have no future plans for Dallas. Allsaints messaged me back in DMs saying the same thing. I don’t think the store was doing well, it seemed like every time I went I’d be the only person in the store…. don’t think they appeal to this market for some reason. The Dallas fashion scene is honestly just very vanilla in comparison to Austin or Houston.

Ugg was probably doing well but was in a temporary space for a long time, so another case of poor planning on NorthPark’s part.
Last edited by Proquest20 on 31 Jan 2024 11:03, edited 3 times in total.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 31 Jan 2024 10:48

R1070 wrote:

Not that I really care for MK, I am surprised to see them go so quiet and easy. This was the 4th store to open for the brand in 2006 after NYC and LA.

luxeshop97

Postby luxeshop97 » 31 Jan 2024 11:04

R1070 wrote:

The manager relocated to a different location in the area so I’m assuming if they are returning…it’s not any time soon.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 31 Jan 2024 12:15

When I look at their locations list they’re often at second tier malls in Texas (Galleria and NorthEast over NorthPark, North Star over La Cantera, Barton Creek Square over the Domain)

R1070

Postby R1070 » 31 Jan 2024 13:21

Proquest20 wrote:
R1070 wrote:

NorthPark deleted my comments about Allsaints on Instagram and I guess someone else called and they have no future plans for Dallas. Allsaints messaged me back in DMs saying the same thing. I don’t think the store was doing well, it seemed like every time I went I’d be the only person in the store…. don’t think they appeal to this market for some reason. The Dallas fashion scene is honestly just very vanilla in comparison to Austin or Houston.

Ugg was probably doing well but was in a temporary space for a long time, so another case of poor planning on NorthPark’s part.

Allsaints in general has struggled. At one point they were asking landlords to discount rent for them. I wouldn't be surprised if more American locations closed. Michael Kors has been reducing it's footprint as well. I don't think it's in many high rent locations as it once was. Perhaps they will boost up the selection at Galleria Dallas and bring business there with the NP store now gone.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 31 Jan 2024 16:52

R1070 wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:
R1070 wrote:I wonder if the temporary Tiffany's space is spoken for already... that could be a good spot for MK. Did they indicate they would re-open in another location? I imagine Allsaints and Ugg were doing well also before they were displaced.

NorthPark deleted my comments about Allsaints on Instagram and I guess someone else called and they have no future plans for Dallas. Allsaints messaged me back in DMs saying the same thing. I don’t think the store was doing well, it seemed like every time I went I’d be the only person in the store…. don’t think they appeal to this market for some reason. The Dallas fashion scene is honestly just very vanilla in comparison to Austin or Houston. Cutting its footprint down may be useful if they were leaving their stores in more premium locations, but having their stores in second-tier or third-tier malls doesn’t seem premium at all (in contrast Coach left Town East, North East, and Galleria Dallas)

Allsaints in general has struggled. At one point they were asking landlords to discount rent for them. I wouldn't be surprised if more American locations closed. Michael Kors has been reducing it's footprint as well. I don't think it's in many high rent locations as it once was. Perhaps they will boost up the selection at Galleria Dallas and bring business there with the NP store now gone.

Michael Kors has a lot to do when it comes to repairing its brand’s image. Coach did a really good job at that when it pulled out of lower end department stores, but with MK true luxury shoppers won’t even touch it because it has a reputation of being a brand you can find at Ross or TJ Maxx, even if that’s just a fraction of their products.

Coach has also closed a lot of their stores at lower end locations (Town East Mall, Galleria Dallas, North East Mall) where Michael Kors tends to stay at second tier malls when they close locations.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 31 Jan 2024 19:53

Was MK at Stonebriar at some point?

acclar11

Postby acclar11 » 31 Jan 2024 20:32

R1070 wrote:Was MK at Stonebriar at some point?

Yes. They closed to make way for Lululemon.

hjkll

Postby hjkll » 03 Feb 2024 16:55

I guess I had a prescient guess that is turning out correct. I stopped by Eiseman this morning and they confirmed they will be expanding into the Maje space vacated next door.

They confirmed it “won’t be soon” but that it’s happening. Weird how Northpark is so quick to leave a vacant store front empty but they drag their feet sometimes on filling the space.

The Tory Burch signage is up. The Gucci/Kors space is enormous. Unless Vuitton is planning on splitting their stores by gender, I cannot think who else would need a space that big. Gucci also confirmed their old space is spoken for by an existing retailer in the mall.

The entire mall does feel a little in a state of flux, but Northpark has been consistently improving year after year. I don’t question many of the decisions made, besides leaving Lululemon in its current spot, in a store still too small, when they could have taken the entire old VS spot.

It looks like Madewell will become a bigger store which is great as it’s a great brand.

Would be nice to get a few more non-apparel/jewelry store in the center.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 03 Feb 2024 19:50

I hope the old Maje space will have a pop-up store in the meantime. I’d hate for it to just sit empty for who knows how long.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 03 Feb 2024 23:49

hjkll wrote:I guess I had a prescient guess that is turning out correct. I stopped by Eiseman this morning and they confirmed they will be expanding into the Maje space vacated next door.

They confirmed it “won’t be soon” but that it’s happening. Weird how Northpark is so quick to leave a vacant store front empty but they drag their feet sometimes on filling the space.

The Tory Burch signage is up. The Gucci/Kors space is enormous. Unless Vuitton is planning on splitting their stores by gender, I cannot think who else would need a space that big. Gucci also confirmed their old space is spoken for by an existing retailer in the mall.

The entire mall does feel a little in a state of flux, but Northpark has been consistently improving year after year. I don’t question many of the decisions made, besides leaving Lululemon in its current spot, in a store still too small, when they could have taken the entire old VS spot.

It looks like Madewell will become a bigger store which is great as it’s a great brand.

I *have* been questioning a lot of the decisions made and really have hoped we’d get some answers, like we did back in 2016 when there was some initial (and much more beneficial) changes. I really would like to see their logic since some of these decisions seem poorly made.

If Dallas gets a Men’s Louis store like they do in Houston, that would be great, although I did think their current space already carried mens. I can’t help but wonder at this point who could be taking the Tory space once they leave, especially now that more space has opened up. I like seeing new stores, not only relocations of existing stores.

As for Lululemon… maybe in 2 years they will move again like they have.

Getting rid of Cotton On was a really good decision, there’s still a few more that I really would like to see gone though.

Park Lane has a lot of potential and having more affordable tenants over there would make a very cohesive shopping experience. So while I don’t like them being at NorthPark, I think both centers (and the city) would benefit if they’d relocate there rather than just close leaving the Galleria location to serve Dallas. You already have Loft, Forever 21, Old Navy, and Champs there, Cotton On, H&M, Bath and Body Works, ITSugar and Claires would fit in so well.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 04 Feb 2024 10:33

hjkll wrote:I guess I had a prescient guess that is turning out correct. I stopped by Eiseman this morning and they confirmed they will be expanding into the Maje space vacated next door.

I would think Tiffany would make a good tenant for such a large space if they were not already undergoing a renovation. Otherwise I think any other current brand moving into that space would be excessive. Maybe a Mid tier tenant like Aritzia since their placement is odd among the outdoor brands? I hope it is not a split Louis Vuitton I think they have plenty of space to house menswear in the current boutique.

Eiseman is a strong move by the mall to enhance the jewelry as HP Village only keeps adding them (Cartier, Van Cleef & Arpels, AUDEMARS PIGUET, Panerai, Vacheron Constatin, Harry Winston, Rolex....) with half of them previous housed at Northpark.

Tory Burch is a good move out of the high tier luxury wing, wonder if Saint Laurent or Balenciaga will absorb the space and expand as both had bigger boutiques at HP Village.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 04 Feb 2024 10:43

Jasimm wrote:

I would think Tiffany would make a good tenant for such a large space if they were not already undergoing a renovation. Otherwise I think any other current brand moving into that space would be excessive. Maybe a Mid tier tenant like Aritzia since their placement is odd among the outdoor brands? I hope it is not a split Louis Vuitton I think they have plenty of space to house menswear in the current boutique.

Eiseman is a strong move by the mall to enhance the jewelry as HP Village only keeps adding them (Cartier, Van Cleef & Arpels, AUDEMARS PIGUET, Panerai, Vacheron Constatin, Harry Winston, Rolex....) with half of them previous housed at Northpark.

Tory Burch is a good move out of the high tier luxury wing, wonder if Saint Laurent or Balenciaga will absorb the space and expand as both had bigger boutiques at HP Village.

With the VS space open there’s not really an excuse to put Aritzia or a mid tier tenant there. I’m sure any tenant would perform better at Highland Park Village than NorthPark.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 04 Feb 2024 10:51

With the recent openings/coming soon in Dallas we are having almost entire owner group portfolios have a store presence....

LVMH:
Northpark Center- Louis Vuittion, Marc Jacobs, Givenchy, Rimowa
Highland Park Village- Loewe, Celine, Christian Dior, Fendi, Loro Piana,
No Presence- Berluti, Emilio Pucci, JW Anderson, Kenzo, Moynat, Off-White, Patou, Pheobe Philo

Richemont:
Northpark Center- Montblanc
Highland Park Village- Cartier, Van Cleef & Arpels, Panerai, Vacheron Constatin, Peter Millar
No Presence- Buccallati, A. Lang & Sohne, Baume & Mercier, IWC Schaffhausen, Jaeger- LeCoultre, Piaget, Robert Dubuis, Alaia, Chloe, Devaux,

Kering
Northpark Center- Gucci, Saint Laurent, Bottega Veneta, Balenciaga, Creed
Highland Park Village- Alexander McQueen, Brioni, Valentino
No Presence- Boucheron, Pomellato

OTB
Northpark Center- Maison Margiela, Diesel, Jil Sander, Marni, AMIRI
Highland Park Village-
No Presence- Viktor & Rolf

Brands I hope come to Dallas with the shuffle:
Chloe (Richemont)
Moynat (LVMH)
Miu Miu
Bvlgari (LVMH)
Acne Studios
Gentle Monster
Delvaux (Richemont)

R1070

Postby R1070 » 04 Feb 2024 16:17

It looks like Ann Taylor will open tomorrow. The construction drywall has been removed and it's a nice spot. It's a good addition back to the mall and placed near J. Jill. The new location of 7 in the old Scotch and Soda is a better location for them and they did a good job making the space look like it as built for them. They will be there for at least a year, so they put some work into making it not look temporary. Still no news on what will replace the old 7 space. I expect Everything But Water to close or locate to a temp space soon to start on Rothy's.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 04 Feb 2024 19:45

Jasimm wrote:With the recent openings/coming soon in Dallas we are having almost entire owner group portfolios have a store presence....

LVMH:
Northpark Center- Louis Vuittion, Marc Jacobs, Givenchy, Rimowa
Highland Park Village- Loewe, Celine, Christian Dior, Fendi, Loro Piana,
No Presence- Berluti, Emilio Pucci, JW Anderson, Kenzo, Moynat, Off-White, Patou, Pheobe Philo

Richemont:
Northpark Center- Montblanc
Highland Park Village- Cartier, Van Cleef & Arpels, Panerai, Vacheron Constatin, Peter Millar
No Presence- Buccallati, A. Lang & Sohne, Baume & Mercier, IWC Schaffhausen, Jaeger- LeCoultre, Piaget, Robert Dubuis, Alaia, Chloe, Devaux,

Kering
Northpark Center- Gucci, Saint Laurent, Bottega Veneta, Balenciaga, Creed
Highland Park Village- Alexander McQueen, Brioni, Valentino
No Presence- Boucheron, Pomellato

OTB
Northpark Center- Maison Margiela, Diesel, Jil Sander, Marni, AMIRI
Highland Park Village-
No Presence- Viktor & Rolf

Brands I hope come to Dallas with the shuffle:
Chloe (Richemont)
Moynat (LVMH)
Miu Miu
Bvlgari (LVMH)
Acne Studios
Gentle Monster
Delvaux (Richemont)

If Chloe, Miu Miu, Armani and Bvlgari come to NorthPark it would make the lineup so much more impressive! Max Mara needs to reenter the market, they’ve been gaining some popularity again.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 04 Feb 2024 20:41

Miu Miu might be tough. They closed their Texas store (in Houston) a while back.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 04 Feb 2024 20:44

R1070 wrote:Miu Miu might be tough. They closed their Texas store (in Houston) a while back.

If Houston didn't work out Dallas for sure won't work out. But I'd love to see them. MaxMara apparently has left the Galleria as well so we likely won't be seeing them any time soon. Apparently they don't even have stores in Atlanta or Vegas anymore, which are much bigger shopping cities than Dallas.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 04 Feb 2024 21:34

Atlanta is a bigger shopping city? Hmm…

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 04 Feb 2024 22:25

R1070 wrote:Atlanta is a bigger shopping city? Hmm…

how is it not? I’ve always thought they had way more brands present than Dallas - lot of brands open there before (if ever) Dallas. Phipps Plaza also has an attached Nobu hotel, Lenox has a JW Marriott… tourism goes a long way. Side note is that they, like Houston, also have two Dior boutiques which makes me curious if NorthPark may eventually get a location. Probably not if they’re expanding Highland Park Village. I think Neiman Marcus being from Dallas has the most to do with why luxury brands invest in the market.