Northpark Center

Proquest20

Re: Northpark Center

Postby Proquest20 » 05 Aug 2023 12:22

Addison wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:
R1070 wrote:I’m not sure that NorthPark is that desperate, but some of the returning stores are welcome returns.upstairs will be a great space for Ann Taylor.

Is this level of shuffling normal at healthier malls though? Maybe a lot of these stores leased around the same time and are now renewing their leases, but I'd think there'd be a little bit more balance. But hey, "coming soon" wallboards throughout the mall for already-existing stores does seem to still fill the illusion that the mall is thriving and that newer things are coming - better than a blank wallboard or a visible empty storefront.

Just FYI, Cartier has a boutique at HPV.

And to answer your question about shuffling at other malls across the country, no. But we've already established that Dallas is a quirky market.

The shift from The Galleria to Highland Park Village/NorthPark/Knox here still happened rather recently, like under 20 years ago, so it probably still has an effect on how the market works today. Luckily these centers aren’t that far apart from each other, so it works out better for everyone.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 05 Aug 2023 12:25

acclar11 wrote:
luxeshop97 wrote:Ann Taylor is returning to Northpark on the 2nd floor across from Eataly. Unless it wasn’t doing well, I think H&M should come back and fill up all that space by Claire’s. Still hoping for Uniqlo.

Ann Taylor is has relocated at a ton of malls in the past year. The Woodlands, Mall At Millenia, and Somerset all saw their Ann Taylor stores relocate to bigger spaces.

Definitely think this was apart of the long term plan here - that they’d come back eventually to a different space.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 05 Aug 2023 14:58

NorthPark has had Glamour Shots, Things Remembered, GNC, Texas Treasures, Visionworks and more and it was fine back then. I think the store lineup has improved. From what I’ve read, Claire’s is opening different concepts for different markets. I think it’s good infill. NorthPark needs a mix of retailers and doesn’t need to be all trendy and luxury brands.

Hannibal Lecter

Postby Hannibal Lecter » 05 Aug 2023 17:20

I won't be satisfied Northpark brings back Orange Julius. And Woolworth's. My first girlfriend worked at the Northpark Woolworth's in high school. :-)

Addison

Postby Addison » 05 Aug 2023 18:44

Hannibal Lecter wrote:I won't be satisfied Northpark brings back Orange Julius. And Woolworth's. My first girlfriend worked at the Northpark Woolworth's in high school. :-)

Not good enough. It needs to bring back Kroger!

LongonBigD

Postby LongonBigD » 05 Aug 2023 20:36

OK, I’ll play. Let’s see Wyatt’s Cafeteria, Taylor’s Books, and the General Cinema I & II where I saw Star Wars and Schindlers List.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 05 Aug 2023 21:43

R1070 wrote:NorthPark has had Glamour Shots, Things Remembered, GNC, Texas Treasures, Visionworks and more and it was fine back then. I think the store lineup has improved. From what I’ve read, Claire’s is opening different concepts for different markets. I think it’s good infill. NorthPark needs a mix of retailers and doesn’t need to be all trendy and luxury brands.

Yeah, they opened a Paris flagship and a store at Bellevue square. It’s still weird to me when their products are widely available anywhere pretty much, but it could be worse, like they’re not leasing to random no-name small business stores like Willow Bend is. I would also think the store lineup has generally improved. There’s also a net benefit to letting West Village and The Galleria win over some of the more exclusive tenants as well.

On a positive note, as much as I’ve commented on how NorthPark hasn’t added mixed-use to the property like Willow Bend and the Galleria have or are planning to, I don’t think I 100% doubt they aren’t planning to eventually. Those malls need it more now more than ever, meanwhile NorthPark’s signs of struggle aren’t as apparent (closed anchors, random no-name stores, etc) meaning they can take their time to make a plan that’s perfected and will not disrupt traffic flow or center operations. Leases can be temporary, but building high rises, expanding the property, or adding residential is usually permanent. We’ll see 5 years from now if NorthPark still looks the same.
Last edited by Proquest20 on 05 Aug 2023 22:59, edited 2 times in total.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 05 Aug 2023 22:19

Also, I actually wouldn’t even be mad if they added a Rainforest Cafe to the old Theodore space - they haven’t opened new locations in years but it would fit right into NorthPark’s indoor/outdoor setting, and it’s popular with tourists

hjkll

Postby hjkll » 06 Aug 2023 11:07

Per Gucci associate: New Gucci store is opening Friday, August 25 and the current space has already been spoken for and leased. Will be curious who moves in.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 06 Aug 2023 20:00

hjkll wrote:Per Gucci associate: New Gucci store is opening Friday, August 25 and the current space has already been spoken for and leased. Will be curious who moves in.

Oooh that’s awesome. I like it when they plan ahead - I’m hoping for Miu Miu or Armani. I wouldn’t be surprised though, if Louboutin maybe makes the move from HPV to NorthPark considering their strong presence in both Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus, and the small format of their current location.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 06 Aug 2023 21:15

Proquest20 wrote:
hjkll wrote:Per Gucci associate: New Gucci store is opening Friday, August 25 and the current space has already been spoken for and leased. Will be curious who moves in.

Oooh that’s awesome. I like it when they plan ahead - I’m hoping for Miu Miu or Armani. I wouldn’t be surprised though, if Louboutin maybe makes the move from HPV to NorthPark considering their strong presence in both Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus, and the small format of their current location.

I agree. Would be nice to see Theory re-open there near Sandro and/or get something new to market like Zadig & Voltaire, Lafayette 148, Amiri or Givenchy.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 06 Aug 2023 21:44

R1070 wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:

I agree. Would be nice to see Theory re-open there near Sandro and/or get something new to market like Zadig & Voltaire, Lafayette 148, Amiri or Givenchy.

Theory would probably be our best bet, I think the other ones would probably prefer Highland Park Village.

acclar11

Postby acclar11 » 06 Aug 2023 21:58

R1070 wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:

How long ago did Theory close?

R1070

Postby R1070 » 06 Aug 2023 22:16

Theory just recently closed at HP Village. Loewe is taking that space.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 07 Aug 2023 07:50

R1070 wrote:Theory just recently closed at HP Village. Loewe is taking that space.

How big are their spaces usually? They’d look cool in the old Clergerie space

R1070

Postby R1070 » 07 Aug 2023 08:42

Proquest20 wrote:
R1070 wrote:Theory just recently closed at HP Village. Loewe is taking that space.

I don't think too large. That corridor would be a nice space for them. The current Gucci spot used to be two stores (Max Mara & Custo Barcelona) before Gucci took over. I wonder if they plan to split them up again.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 07 Aug 2023 08:59

R1070 wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:

I don't think too large. That corridor would be a nice space for them. The current Gucci spot used to be two stores (Max Mara & Custo Barcelona) before Gucci took over. I wonder if they plan to split them up again.

That probably is a plan - if so hopefully they bring back Bvlgari. Max Mara would be a welcome return but they've closed their Houston Galleria store, so maybe Texas just doesn't work for them. Otherwise, Giorgio Armani needs a bigger presence here - think they renovated in Houston a couple years ago.

acclar11

Postby acclar11 » 07 Aug 2023 09:21

Proquest20 wrote:
R1070 wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:How big are their spaces usually? They’d look cool in the old Clergerie space

That probably is a plan - if so hopefully they bring back Bvlgari. Max Mara would be a welcome return but they've closed their Houston Galleria store, so maybe Texas just doesn't work for them. Otherwise, Giorgio Armani needs a bigger presence here - think they renovated in Houston a couple years ago.

I would love a Max Mara return, but I think the reason it does poorly is because it has a pretty large presence at Nordstrom & Neiman's, and it's also sold at Dillard's. Same thing goes for St. John, but they opened last year, so maybe Max Mara could be in our future.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 07 Aug 2023 11:26

Max Mara closed a lot of their stores, but maybe it will make a comeback at some point. Wolford also closed a lot of stores and has started reopening again as has happened recently in Atlanta and Houston. If Giorgio Armani ever came back, I think they'd go to HP Village this round. It gives some distance from their Neimans store-in-store and aligns them in a location with Cucinelli, Zegna, etc.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 07 Aug 2023 22:16

R1070 wrote:Max Mara closed a lot of their stores, but maybe it will make a comeback at some point. Wolford also closed a lot of stores and has started reopening again as has happened recently in Atlanta and Houston. If Giorgio Armani ever came back, I think they'd go to HP Village this round. It gives some distance from their Neimans store-in-store and aligns them in a location with Cucinelli, Zegna, etc.

NorthPark doesn’t really have the same draw that the Houston Galleria has when it comes to the luxury brands, so I’d assume Armani would likely go to Highland Park Village, unless they’re too fully leased. I do wonder what’ll be planned for the Anthropologie once Chanel is done with it. Armani’s Galleria store was recently updated, so maybe they’d want to come back to Dallas eventually. Armani brands are carried at all four department stores at NorthPark, which puts them at a disadvantage.

Probably a huge stretch because they don’t have many stores, but being that they’re more of an entry-level luxury brand…. maybe Moschino would open at NorthPark within the next couple years? I do notice a trend that some of the more ultra-luxury brands (Cartier, Hermes, Balmain) generally like to stay away from malls and open in smaller shopping centers like River Oaks or Highland Park Village. Although… Armani has an outlet at the Allen Outlets of all places, so I could definitely see it making a return to NorthPark (also giving it proximity to its Exchange brand)

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 07 Aug 2023 22:51

The crescent needs a shift to clothes. Get a nice glass dome over that courtyard.

acclar11

Postby acclar11 » 08 Aug 2023 12:25

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Projects/TABS2023025253
Kendra Scott has just started construction for a store at NorthPark.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 08 Aug 2023 12:55

acclar11 wrote:https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Projects/TABS2023025253
Kendra Scott has just started construction for a store at NorthPark.

Nice... Perhaps this will go where the temporary Robert Graham or Longchamp stores are.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 08 Aug 2023 17:59

tamtagon wrote:The crescent needs a shift to clothes. Get a nice glass dome over that courtyard.

I love the indoor/outdoor aspect of the Crescent. Would love if they could leave it open air, but bring some luxury stores from The Galleria down there.

Cbdallas

Postby Cbdallas » 10 Aug 2023 07:55

Went to the new Nike store that took over the two story H & M space. I have to say I was underwhelmed I was expecting some kind or WOW Nike Experience and I left feeling more like outlet store.

vman

Postby vman » 10 Aug 2023 07:59

Cbdallas wrote:Went to the new Nike store that took over the two story H & M space. I have to say I was underwhelmed I was expecting some kind or WOW Nike Experience and I left feeling more like outlet store.

I went into the Legacy West Nike store a couple times while at work and it wasn't anything special to me either. Although it does seem to do really good business.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 10 Aug 2023 12:33

Cbdallas wrote:Went to the new Nike store that took over the two story H & M space. I have to say I was underwhelmed I was expecting some kind or WOW Nike Experience and I left feeling more like outlet store.

The old store didn’t feel like anything important either, pretty much the same as the outlet. I think in this case, it’s just a psychological aspect to calling it a “Rise store” that brings more people in expecting something way different. Being on 2 floors instead of one also makes it feel bigger, even when it was actually a downsize from their old store. If anything I think they mostly made it look more modern.

acclar11

Postby acclar11 » 10 Aug 2023 13:38

What's going on with Faherty? The store has black paper lining the windows and the doors are locked.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 10 Aug 2023 13:45

acclar11 wrote:What's going on with Faherty? The store has black paper lining the windows and the doors are locked.

That usually means some sort of renovation or inventory adjustment. Just like how Shinola has looked recently.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 10 Aug 2023 15:12

NorthPark lists it as a temporary closure. Kind of weird for a relatively new store, but it's typical.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 10 Aug 2023 15:56

Any word on APM Monaco and Everlane?

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 10 Aug 2023 16:38

R1070 wrote:Any word on APM Monaco and Everlane?

Don’t tell me they suffered the same fate as Clergerie…

R1070

Postby R1070 » 11 Aug 2023 20:43

Something is definitely going into the current Byredo location. They have to move to a temp space between Swatch and Breitling until their new spot opens in the old Swatch space in December. Perhaps this is where APM Monaco is going?

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 11 Aug 2023 20:52

R1070 wrote:Something is definitely going into the current Byredo location. They have to move to a temp space between Swatch and Breitling until their new spot opens in the old Swatch space in December. Perhaps this is where APM Monaco is going?

That wouldn't be a bad space, however, it would just be weird over there considering it's not a true luxury brand (most stuff on their website appears to be under $500). It's about the same level as Swarovski I'd say.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 11 Aug 2023 21:28

Proquest20 wrote:
R1070 wrote:Something is definitely going into the current Byredo location. They have to move to a temp space between Swatch and Breitling until their new spot opens in the old Swatch space in December. Perhaps this is where APM Monaco is going?

That wouldn't be a bad space, however, it would just be weird over there considering it's not a true luxury brand (most stuff on their website appears to be under $500). It's about the same level as Swarovski I'd say.

Is L'Occitane luxury priced goods? Oliver Peoples and Williams Sonoma has items that aren't luxury. It could be a good space for them. I thought APM was going next to Swatch and maybe it will after the Byredo pop-up moves out... Perhaps Wolford is coming back as they have recently in Atlanta and Houston. We shall see.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 12 Aug 2023 01:24

R1070 wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:

Is L'Occitane luxury priced goods? Oliver Peoples and Williams Sonoma has items that aren't luxury. It could be a good space for them. I thought APM was going next to Swatch and maybe it will after the Byredo pop-up moves out... Perhaps Wolford is coming back as they have recently in Atlanta and Houston. We shall see.

None of those aren't either but I'm not sure where else Williams Sonoma would go, it used to be Anthropologie there. It's not a bad space but I'd imagine it would be closer to the Dillard's end. Oliver People's sunglasses typically run in the same range as sunglasses from Balenciaga, for example. Most are about, or just under $400, but they're still pricey in comparison to what Sunglass Hut or Ray Ban sells. L'Occitane has been there a while but would be better on the north side - I think they're just staying in the space they've always been in. But I could see them moving upstairs, or to near NorthCourt in the future.

Having APM Monaco over there wouldn't necessarily be bad - it brings other people who don't typically go to that wing over there like Williams Sonoma and L'Occitane do - and besides, the true luxury mall of Texas (Galleria) still has Zara, Aritzia, and Sephora in their "luxury wing". It just seems more contemporary and I'd like to see it near Uno de 50 or Swarovski which it has more similarities to. Either way, great addition.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 12 Aug 2023 13:25

I’m not sure that’s even what’s going there, but I assume it is. Unless another new tenant which hasn’t been mentioned or a current tenant could move in there.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 20 Aug 2023 11:29

Pinto Ranch quietly exits Northpark Center after 15 years. They will be relocating to Preston Oaks (10720 Preston Rd Suite 1008) opening Aug 22nd.

With Lenscrafters also moving out of the upper Neiman Marcus corridor I suspect something in the works to combine the spaces.

Jasimm

Postby Jasimm » 20 Aug 2023 11:46

Retail Updates 8/20/2023:
Changes from Last Update in Red

New Stores:
APM Monaco- Coming Soon
Ann Taylor- Coming Soon (Previous Charolette Russe?)
Claire's- Coming Fall 2023 (Previous Texas Treasures)
Creed- NOW OPEN (Previous 1 of 2 Panerai)
Joey- Coming Fall 2023 (Previous Seasons 52)
Jil Sander- Coming Spring 2023 (Previous Temp Bottega Veneta)
Marc Jacobs- Coming Soon (Previous (2 of 2) Rebecca Taylor)
Marni- NOW OPEN (Previous Robert Graham)
Prada- Coming Soon (Previous Nike (Partial))
Tecovas- NOW OPEN (Previous (1 of 2) Microsoft)
Todd Snyder- NOW OPEN (Previous Frye)

Store Relocations:
Byredo- Opening Soon (Previous Swatch)
Gucci- Opening Soon (Previous Burberry, LK Fine Art, 1 of 2 Panerai)
Lenscrafters- Opening Soon (Previous VisionWorks & iMart)
Lululemon- Opening Soon (Expansion into Previous Nike (Partial))
Nike- NOW OPEN (Previous H&M)
T-Mobile- Opening Soon (Previous Toni & Guy & Travelex)
Swatch- NOW OPEN (Previous Temp Omega)

Soon to be Vacant/Vacant:
-Current Tiffany & Co Temp
-Current Gucci
-Current Lenscrafters
-Current Longchamp Temp
-Current Lululemon Ath. Temp
-Current Byredo Temp
-Current T-Mobile
-Current Victoria's Secret/PINK
-Previous Disney Store
-Previous Pinto Ranch
-Previous La Duni
-Previous Proposed Clergerie Paris
-Previous Green House Market
-Previous The Theodore
-Previous Byredo
-Previous AMC Dreamscape
-Previous AT&T
-Previous TGI Friday's
-Previous Rockport
-Previous GNC Live Well
-Previous Gamestop
-Previous Regis Salon
-Previous Mavericks Ultimate Fan Shop

R1070

Postby R1070 » 20 Aug 2023 12:47

Previous Dreamscape space will be a new location for Buckle.

I assumed Pinto Ranch would leave when Tecovas was announced. The Preston area is a better fit for them.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 20 Aug 2023 17:28

R1070 wrote:Previous Dreamscape space will be a new location for Buckle.

I assumed Pinto Ranch would leave when Tecovas was announced. The Preston area is a better fit for them.

That area is definitely coming back up.
As for the NorthPark vacancies, it is interesting to see what’ll happen in the near future as some of these “temporary locations” have been vacant for quite some time.
NorthPark’s website also hasn’t been updated to reflect some of the new store additions either (APM Monaco, Claires, Ann Taylor)

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 25 Aug 2023 14:28

Gucci is now open in their new space. Apparently this is their biggest one in Texas, and among the top 10 largest Gucci locations in the country.

I wonder what the future holds for the other Dallas location, hopefully a simple refresh or smaller expansion?

R1070

Postby R1070 » 25 Aug 2023 14:46

Now the guessing game begins to figure out what’s going into the old Gucci space.

NdoorTX

Postby NdoorTX » 27 Aug 2023 21:50

Proquest20 wrote:Gucci is now open in their new space. Apparently this is their biggest one in Texas, and among the top 10 largest Gucci locations in the country.

I wonder what the future holds for the other Dallas location, hopefully a simple refresh or smaller expansion?

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 28 Aug 2023 08:24

NdoorTX wrote:
Proquest20 wrote:Gucci is now open in their new space. Apparently this is their biggest one in Texas, and among the top 10 largest Gucci locations in the country.

I like this! Maybe I would’ve hoped the design would’ve been a bit simpler on the outside like the Louis Vuitton store, but I like it. Very cool that they have a designated kids boutique here.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 02 Sep 2023 14:45

Jil Sander has opened. It's a very modern minimalist design as to be expected.

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 02 Sep 2023 18:30

Easily the most exciting addition in a while!

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 02 Sep 2023 20:21

Does North Park still do tax free shopping for Latin American tourists?
The mall needs a full spa and fine hotel. Maybe three hotels, and multi purpose skyscraper

Proquest20

Postby Proquest20 » 02 Sep 2023 22:20

tamtagon wrote:Does North Park still do tax free shopping for Latin American tourists?
The mall needs a full spa and fine hotel. Maybe three hotels, and multi purpose skyscraper

There is still the Tax Free Shopping office behind Versace. And I agree, NorthPark definitely is behind when it comes to adding mixed use components to the property - even Willow Bend is planning on catching up. Still, adding one of 4 Jil Sander stores in the country will be a huge draw.

Adding hotels to the property helps both NorthPark and Highland Park Village to become destinations for tourists, especially now that the Galleria is no longer the mall it used to be and that there is overlap between these two properties.

R1070

Postby R1070 » 02 Sep 2023 23:38

Proquest20 wrote:
tamtagon wrote:Does North Park still do tax free shopping for Latin American tourists?

There is still the Tax Free Shopping office behind Versace. And I agree, NorthPark definitely is behind when it comes to adding mixed use components to the property - even Willow Bend is planning on catching up. Still, adding one of 4 Jil Sander stores in the country will be a huge draw.

Adding hotels to the property helps both NorthPark and Highland Park Village to become destinations for tourists, especially now that the Galleria is no longer the mall it used to be and that there is overlap between these two properties.

I think the addition of Claire’s will help fuel the need for a hotel.