Corporate Relocations/Expansions

DPatel304

Re: Corporate Relocations/Expansions

Postby DPatel304 » 16 May 2018 23:33

Cycling company opening major regional campus in Plano, plans to hire 400 workers
Indoor cycling company Peloton has announced it will open a “key regional campus” in Plano’s Legacy Central development, with plans to hire 400 workers over the next few years

The 27,518-square-foot office space will supplement Peloton’s New York headquarters and be the company’s first member support center outside New York City. It also has a field operations site in Arlington.

With the help of CBRE Labor Analytics, Peloton evaluated four different markets before deciding to place the regional campus in the Dallas area. It did not disclose which other markets it considered.

Peloton plans to move into its campus at 6600 Chase Oaks Blvd. in the third quarter. It joins technology tenants like Samsung, Roland Technology Group and The 20 MSP.

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... us-in.html

Another relocation for Plano, but this side on the Legacy/75 side. I'm glad to see more development come to the east side of Plano, there's a lot of opportunity here around the DART station, around Collin Creek Mall, and also around Downtown Plano.

Looks like there were four cities being considered for this particular location, and DFW ended up being the winner.

lakewoodhobo

Postby lakewoodhobo » 21 May 2018 09:15

Any guesses as to what Project Apollo might be? Apollo sounds a lot Apple but we'll see.

A2DA4093-79DD-43C1-A033-0FD768C7BC38.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 21 May 2018 10:23

Didn't Apple already rule out Texas because they have a presence in Austin already?

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 21 May 2018 10:53

Maybe it's GE Transportation-Wabtec merger and relocation; sure would accent the vehicle manufacturing moxie of the Dallas-Monterrey I-35 corridor.

Corporations I'd like to see with Global or North American or Domestic or Regional headquarters in Downtown Dallas:

Amazon (duh), Pennys, Keurig-Dr Pepper-Snapple, PepsiCo/Frito, HP Enterprises, Conduet, Samsung, Toshiba, Google,

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 21 May 2018 21:45

Project Apollo is a tech company.

jrd1964

Postby jrd1964 » 22 May 2018 04:57

Warren Buffett's empire is growing here, this time Berkshire Hathaway's HomeServices of America is buying Ebby Halliday's realty (which also includes Dave Perry-Miller and Williams Trew), mortgage, and related services businesses, but no terms were disclosed. All the current names and identities will remain after the sale is complete.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Warre ... 56071.html
http://www.star-telegram.com/news/busin ... 07864.html

jrd1964

Postby jrd1964 » 24 May 2018 05:46

Six Flags is acquiring 5 water/theme parks:
* Darien Lake, Buffalo, NY
* Frontier City, Oklahoma City
* Wet 'n Wild Phoenix, Phoenix
* Wet 'n Wild Splashtown, Houston
* White Water Bay, Oklahoma City

This will be Six Flags' first park exposure to Houston since its Astroworld park closed in 2005.

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... rgest.html

Cord1936

Postby Cord1936 » 05 Jun 2018 13:30

From Phoenix To Frisco: Texas Extends Incentive Dollars To Lure Contractor HQ
June 05, 2018 Kimberly Reeves, Bisnow Austin-San Antonio

Gov. Greg Abbott offered almost $1M in incentive funds to attract the headquarters of CORE Construction from Phoenix to Frisco.
CORE Construction has more than 50 employees at its Frisco operation. A Texas Enterprise Fund grant of $970K has been extended to CORE West Inc. to move another 100 or so headquarter jobs to Frisco.
"This move will support the future growth of our firm and allow us to continue providing professional construction services to our clients across the country from a centralized location," Jacobs said in a statement Tuesday. "Texas provides a business-friendly environment, comfortable living for our employees, and improved access to our other offices across the country."

Many of the jobs moved to Frisco are expected to be high-paying executive positions. CORE has 17 satellite offices in eight states.
Article: https://www.bisnow.com/dallas-ft-worth/news/construction-development/texas-extends-incentive-dollars-to-lure-contractor-89197?be=dallasdecodence%40aol.com&utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=tue-05-jun-2018-000000-0400_dallas-fort-worth-re

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 05 Jun 2018 21:46

Tnexster wrote:Project Apollo is a tech company.

So....it's not a tech company but a printing company looking in south Dallas.

What is Project Apollo? For Dallas, it could mean a $50 million investment

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/job ... investment

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 05 Jun 2018 22:40

Not what I expected, but I always like to hear about more development in the south. I would eventually like to see higher paying jobs locate to this region, but, at this point in time, that's probably expecting a bit too much.

eburress

Postby eburress » 06 Jun 2018 11:37

Tnexster wrote:
Tnexster wrote:Project Apollo is a tech company.

So....it's not a tech company but a printing company looking in south Dallas.

What is Project Apollo? For Dallas, it could mean a $50 million investment

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/job ... investment

I would think Vistaprint counts as a "tech" company since their customers interact with them primarily online, just like 1-800 Flowers and others.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 06 Jun 2018 11:53

These are jobs South Dallas needs good paying medium wealth jobs for a reliable company that despite the digital age is expanding because of their digital strategy to on-demand printing. I have used Vista Print many times and they are a great service. The more jobs like this that move to South Dallas the better chance life won't be such a struggle in South Dallas County.
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 07 Jun 2018 20:21

Paycom to relocate Texas operations center to Grapevine in 1,000-job move
Paycom will occupy a building to be constructed on 14 acres of city property across from Kubota’s North American headquarters, the company and the Grapevine City Council announced Wednesday.

The company will start with a new, single building, but expects to start with several hundred employees before eventually expanding its footprint to accommodate about 1,000 positions.

Paycom, which has North Texas offices in Fort Worth, Lewisville and Farmers Branch, plans to consolidate some of its smaller operations at the Grapevine location as it continues to expand its presence in Texas.

The payroll and human resources technology company will complete its design and site planning for the new center this summer and begin construction in 2019, with plans to occupy the facility in 2020.

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... e=multiple

The company is already local, but looks like they are consolidating in Grapevine and expanding as well.

In addition, the Army is scoping out for a new headquarters and have 'narrowed' it down to a list of 15 cities. Does anyone else feel like Amazon has started a new trend and now more and more companies are going to start pulling this:
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/news/20 ... llas-scope

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 07 Jun 2018 23:39

DPatel304 wrote: Does anyone else feel like Amazon has started a new trend and now more and more companies are going to start pulling this:

HQ2 has been publicized more, but this has been a trend for a long time.

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 08 Jun 2018 09:36

Ah ok, I guess I never noticed or paid attention until HQ2.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 08 Jun 2018 11:37

North Texas has been in the hunt for many/most of the publicity stunt competitions over influential corporate office (re)locations, but the last decade has seen North Texas 'win' more. The transfer of industry decision making positions to the area is not going to stop for a very long time. Existentially(?), DFW is picking up where Chicago stops, with a heaping dose of the San Francisco Bay and New York City.

The North Texas suburban environment has developed into a beast of its own and has finally reached a level of maturity symbiotic to the traditional central business district. ATT moved to the CBD years ago as an extreme outlier in the renewed urban office complex, and at the time ATT offices were still locked in that mutated limbo hybrid setting in which the old "downtown" tried to be like the suburban corporate campus evolving in the 70s/80s. But now, ATT is rebooting it's offices into a more stable urban campus setting which I'm sure will continue with another major expansion/renovation. Jacobs Engineering and Innovation Homes are a couple other corporate consolidation offices that settled in the CBD on purpose. Downtown Dallas is a place, again, and it will continue to grow and redefine "urban environment" with a specific and potent Sunbelt bent. It's exciting because after a few generations, the transition of Dallas will be historical, leading in the timeline of American Cultural evolution.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 08 Jun 2018 16:22

tamtagon wrote:
DPatel304 wrote: Does anyone else feel like Amazon has started a new trend and now more and more companies are going to start pulling this:

HQ2 has been publicized more, but this has been a trend for a long time.

It has, although I feel like the whole Boeing fiasco back in 2000 set the standard for corporate teasing, most of them still do it confidentially which to me is a much better way of observing your targets. Gets you out of the game of individual cities being hyper competitive and publicly trying to outdo their neighbors and keep the region from acting as a region not to mention trying market themselves as something they are not nor will ever be. Toyota was a big secret until the day it was announced. Amazon is a game that gets cities that never had a chance to waste resources trying to bag the prize when they should be focused on realistic targets that fit better in their communities.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 12 Jun 2018 19:25

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/att ... ime-warner

Judge approves AT&T's merger with Time Warner
Written by Melissa Repko Tom Benning

...The deal is valued at $108.7 billion, including debt. The merger will turn the legacy telecom into the owner of well-recognized TV and movie brands, in addition to distributing TV, internet and cellphone service to millions of customers.... Time Warner adds a missing piece to AT&T's portfolio: popular content. Time Warner has a vast and valuable collection of programming, including HBO's Game of Thrones, Warner Bros.' Lord of the Rings movie franchise, Turner Broadcasting's rights to the NBA playoffs games and CNN's 24-hour news shows.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 13 Jun 2018 08:52

We just became a significant player in the world of entertainment by having the parent company located and investing in our Downtown. Maybe one day we will get some of those brands take more presence in Dallas.

If they could just open a CNN studio of some decent size here I would be happy.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 13 Jun 2018 09:31

I don't have any expectations the Time Warner Turner brands will make any location changes to existing operations, what I'm hoping for Dallas is the new ventures, the ultimate hybrid of the perverse corporate bundling of delivery and content providers.

I'm looking at an extinction of constricting contracts between cable and network/content caused by the return of broadcast. We'll have "new TV channels" from the hybrid companies with "new" content. That's the work I hope comes to Dallas.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 13 Jun 2018 09:47

tamtagon wrote:I don't have any expectations the Time Warner Turner brands will make any location changes to existing operations, what I'm hoping for Dallas is the new ventures, the ultimate hybrid of the perverse corporate bundling of delivery and content providers.

I'm looking at an extinction of constricting contracts between cable and network/content caused by the return of broadcast. We'll have "new TV channels" from the hybrid companies with "new" content. That's the work I hope comes to Dallas.

I don't expect anyone to move but I hope to see some bleed over from having the parent company here. Not to mention corporate travel between the entertainment divisions to Dallas will be more frequent when you have the top execs here.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 13 Jun 2018 09:53

eventually these giant conglomerates will break up, I'd like to see the creative work firmly rooted in town before that happens.

Hannibal Lecter

Postby Hannibal Lecter » 13 Jun 2018 10:18

cowboyeagle05 wrote:If they could just open a CNN studio of some decent size here I would be happy.

Not having cable (or a TV for that matter) I didn't realize that CNN was a part of this deal. I suspect that some folks in Atlanta are a bit peeved at knowing that their bosses will now be in Dallas. I assume it's part of the Atlanta/Dallas rivalry, but it's long been obvious that CNN likes to take a negative perspective when covering Dallas.

While there have been lots of examples, one really stands out. If you've ever read the CNN website you know how they love to talk about the Atlanta airport and it being the busiest in the world. They once published a story on the world's busiest airports, measured by three different criteria. I believe it was flights, passengers and freight. What was a little weird was that in the story they listed the top airports in each category, but a seemingly arbitrary number of them. In one category they listed something like the top 3, in another the top 7, in another the top 9. Pretty random. It didn't make much sense -- until you pulled up the full lists from the folks who did the study. In all three cases the next one on the list, the first one not included on CNN, was DFW. :-)

muncien

Postby muncien » 13 Jun 2018 10:55

CNN is well overdue for a complete face-lift. Their ratings are terrible, and ever since they got suckered into the opinion dominated cable news cesspool, there has been a glaring hole in actual 24hr news. I mean... at least they kinda faked it for a while, but now they've just given up. Oh, how we need a true, non-biased news channel. Perhaps, such a move, and full reorganization will help make such a thing possible. Heck, I may actually get cable again if that happens.
Imagine a massive studio fronting the discovery district, with banners running around the buildings, etc... Sweet!
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 13 Jun 2018 13:04

Considering AT&T paid to get an ear in the White House as many companies would do honestly, I don't expect that AT&T will influence CNN to change its cable news ways in any discernable fashion other than making it available to DirectTV customers on their phones for free. I would just like to have Dallas associated with some worldwide news distribution broadcasting and of course I would hope its a positive reputation associated with journalism. Belo abandoned that flagpole decades ago. Coming live from our CNN Dallas studios is blah blah blah. Plus let's get some sponsorships from Time Warner companies and charity donations here to Dallas institutions.

NdoorTX

Postby NdoorTX » 12 Jul 2018 18:31

NdoorTX wrote:The U.S. Army has Dallas in its sites for a new high-tech office center
Steve Brown, Real Estate Editor

Amazon isn't the only outfit looking at locations for a new cutting-edge office hub.

The U.S. Army says it's shopping 15 cities including Dallas for a new headquarters location for its planned Futures Command -- an operation that would develop new tech and innovations, according to the Associated Press.

The Army this week notified city officials in Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle and Raleigh, N.C., that they are being considered for the new office that will employ about 500 people.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... ice-center

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/news/20 ... es-command

Maybe this lessens Austin's chances as a TX contender to H2Q. In any case- a great win for Austin & TX

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 12 Jul 2018 21:49

Wow, that's a nice win for Austin, didn't really see that one coming.

Cord1936

Postby Cord1936 » 13 Jul 2018 11:46

This is a pretty significant win for the City of Dallas ... with Nokia's decision to make Cypress Waters in Dallas its North American headquarters it brings over 2,300 employees to Dallas from Irving and Plano.

Nokia Signs Two-Building Lease at Cypress Waters
It's one of the largest leases in North Texas so far this year.
By Alex Edwards, D Magazine, July 11, 2018 1:37PM

DALLAS — Nokia has signed a 350,000-square-foot lease at Billingsley Co.’s Cypress Waters, a move that will consolidate its DFW operations in Dallas to become the company’s North American headquarters.
Of the 1,000-acre Cypress Waters, Nokia’s office space will be the largest, bringing over 2,300 employees from Irving and Plano to the development. So far this year, it’s also one of the biggest leases in North Texas.

“We are pleased to select Cypress Waters as our new home in Dallas,” Nokia Head of Workplace Resources for the Americas Dave Senior said in a statement. “This move will consolidate our Irving and Plano operations into a single location.”
Article: https://www.dmagazine.com/commercial-real-estate/2018/07/nokia-signs-two-building-lease-at-cypress-waters/?utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=64406658&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8_HLghthriy5W4a98hzQ-s68aCmJ48W90mquNgrmuDTRhW3pyb9wrzDkTh5TQy3qZ4kwkH5FTeKc8qlZptnmxpbDDbvw&_hsmi=64406658

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 14 Jul 2018 14:42

Normally I don't really like to see 'competition' within the metroplex, but Irving and Plano are doing just fine, and I still feel like Dallas proper needs more job growth to really prove itself.

I realize Dallas has already seen some insane growth, but my concern is that some of the suburbs have also seen a lot of growth, and it's still possible for things to trend in favor of the suburbs. That, and I just tend to remain way too cautious when it concerns the revitalization of our city. But, I digress, great win for Dallas, and I hope to see more companies locate there.

PonyUp13

Postby PonyUp13 » 14 Jul 2018 14:50

I struggle to get excited about incentives to move from Irving and Plano to “Dallas” aka Coppell. As the DMN headline put it “Dallas awards Nokia 4.8 million to move office 3 miles”

Cord1936

Postby Cord1936 » 14 Jul 2018 16:16

PonyUp13 wrote:I struggle to get excited about incentives to move from Irving and Plano to “Dallas” aka Coppell. As the DMN headline put it “Dallas awards Nokia 4.8 million to move office 3 miles”

This is in the City of Dallas side of Cypress Waters, not Coppell or Irving, but actual city limits of Dallas. Why would the City of Dallas pay incentives to move a company to Coppell???

flyswatter

Postby flyswatter » 14 Jul 2018 16:34

This map is a little out of date, but I think it shows what PonyUp is complaining about:

https://gis.dallascityhall.com/legacyho ... 2011_A.pdf

Cypress Waters is in a weird, dislocated part of NW Dallas County that is in Dallas city limits, next to Valley Ranch. I think his point is that even though the move is technically to "Dallas", Dallas will likely get no benefit other than Nokia saying it is in Dallas since the odds are low that 1) employees will move when the relocation is nearby and 2) as soon as you leave Cypress Waters you are in Coppell or Irving. Hell, any employee of Nokia going out to lunch will not even be eating in Dallas since south of Hackberry is Irving and west of Belt Line Road is Coppell.

PonyUp13

Postby PonyUp13 » 14 Jul 2018 16:52

I’m being sarcastic. I understand that it’s literally in Dallas but in all practical senses this is not Dallas. Other than the lake itself and some immediate acreage around it this is an island apart from the rest of the city.

These people will be in Dallas while at their desk or walking the trail around the lake, but they will be in Coppell or Irving if they go to lunch or the dry cleaners, and based on how far they are from desirable neighborhoods or Dallas they’ll probably live in one of those cities, too.

Cord1936

Postby Cord1936 » 14 Jul 2018 17:30

^^^^^^^
You guys crack me up! LOL!

Nokia, a $27 billion dollar, major multinational corporation selects the City of Dallas as its new U.S. National Headquarters and you're going to moan about where the 2,300+ employees they bring to the table are going to eat frigging lunch????

Or where they're going to live? The Dallas region is the 4th largest metro in the nation ... people live anywhere they want and work anywhere they want.

There is direct benefit to the City of Dallas in that the real estate, personal property and any other tax revenues the commercial development and corporate relocation bring to the City are being paid for by a major corporation, thus encouraging yet more commercial development within the city limits of Dallas. Commercial space within Dallas is occupied ... not within Irving or Plano.

The feather in the cap for the city to claim another major national corporate headquarters location has benefits of and by itself as well.

Believe me, having a new National Headquarters within the city limits of Dallas of a $27 billion dollar major multinational corporation is in fact a pretty significant win ... any way you slice it!

No matter where Nokia employees decide to eat lunch!

PonyUp13

Postby PonyUp13 » 14 Jul 2018 18:29

You do understand that there isn’t a net change in jobs right?

We paid them $4.8M to move across city borders which I believe is a dangerous precedent.

eburress

Postby eburress » 14 Jul 2018 19:42

What matters to Dallas is the tax revenue and the prestige, which seems like a solid investment to me (the city has spent a lot more and received a lot less in return).

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 15 Jul 2018 22:13

PonyUp13 wrote:You do understand that there isn’t a net change in jobs right?

We paid them $4.8M to move across city borders which I believe is a dangerous precedent.

These kinds of cross border moves happen all the time and have been doing so for about as long as I can remember, to be honest I really have to hand it to Dallas for continually scoring relocation after relocation into the Cypress Waters area. I am sure the burbs were not complaining when businesses left Dallas and moved out into the suburbs. Wonder how they feel about this?

Tivo_Kenevil

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 15 Jul 2018 22:27

PonyUp13 wrote:We paid them $4.8M to move across city borders which I believe is a dangerous precedent.

Corporate Welfare has been alive and kicking for some time now. Luring companies out of Dallas to the burbs has always existed. See 7-11, Exxon etc. This is just the name of game.

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 16 Jul 2018 04:47

Tnexster wrote:
PonyUp13 wrote:You do understand that there isn’t a net change in jobs right?

These kinds of cross border moves happen all the time and have been doing so for about as long as I can remember, to be honest I really have to hand it to Dallas for continually scoring relocation after relocation into the Cypress Waters area. I am sure the burbs were not complaining when businesses left Dallas and moved out into the suburbs. Wonder how they feel about this?

What other relocations from suburbs to the Dallas part of Cypress Waters have been scored?

PonyUp13

Postby PonyUp13 » 16 Jul 2018 13:24

Tivo_Kenevil wrote:
PonyUp13 wrote:We paid them $4.8M to move across city borders which I believe is a dangerous precedent.

Corporate Welfare has been alive and kicking for some time now. Luring companies out of Dallas to the burbs has always existed. See 7-11, Exxon etc. This is just the name of game.

7-11 moved to the same development as Nokia, so, yeah "burbs."

I am all in on corporate welfare - I love a good stadium deal and relo package for a big HQ. I would be in for us selling the proverbial farm to get Amazon. My hometown gave one of the sweetest deals of all time to Nissan to move from California to Tennessee, however I am not sold on the idea of Dallas spending to move people around within the metroplex to a development whose connection to the city is tenuous at best. I guess it could provide some riders on the Cotton Belt for their Cypress Waters station in "Dallas" island.

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 16 Jul 2018 13:49

I guess the idea with Cypress Waters is to make Dallas proper appear to be better than it actually is in the hopes that will attract more companies in the future. It seems sort of like a 'fake it until you make it' type of situation.

Isn't this along the lines of all the incentives developers received to build apartments in the urban core? The demand wasn't quite there to build, but the city gave developers the extra 'nudge' needed to get things started. I see this as a similar situation. The numbers aren't quite there for Dallas to get all these relocations, but the city is giving them a nudge in hopes that it will pay off in the long run.

I realize Cypress Waters might as well not even be considered Dallas and the companies probably like the fact that it's surrounded by schools/homes that are NOT in Dallas, but it's still bringing jobs closer to Downtown (closer than they were in Plano), and it is another bullet point for Dallas to claim it has X company located in the city. Obviously I would rather see these companies move on their own and move somewhere that brings more people to Dallas proper, but, for the time being, I'm not against their strategy, and I'm curious to see how it works out for them.

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 16 Jul 2018 14:26

DPatel304 wrote:I realize Cypress Waters might as well not even be considered Dallas and the companies probably like the fact that it's surrounded by schools/homes that are NOT in Dallas, but it's still bringing jobs closer to Downtown (closer than they were in Plano), and it is another bullet point for Dallas to claim it has X company located in the city. Obviously I would rather see these companies move on their own and move somewhere that brings more people to Dallas proper, but, for the time being, I'm not against their strategy, and I'm curious to see how it works out for them.

Actually, it's about the same distance as Plano, and it's further than Las Colinas (the other place from which these jobs are being relocated).

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 16 Jul 2018 14:34

Whoops, I stand corrected then. I guess the only 'advantage' is that Dallas can use these business as a bullet point, in that case.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 19 Jul 2018 09:18

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/news/20 ... es-command

UPDATE 10:02 a.m. Friday, July 13: The Army made it official this morning that Austin will be the home of its new Futures Command headquarters. "Austin, Texas, was chosen based on its quality of life and proximity to commercial technology, research and development and academic innovation," the Army said in a video announcement on its website.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 31 Jul 2018 22:16

Tucy wrote:
DPatel304 wrote:I realize Cypress Waters might as well not even be considered Dallas and the companies probably like the fact that it's surrounded by schools/homes that are NOT in Dallas, but it's still bringing jobs closer to Downtown (closer than they were in Plano), and it is another bullet point for Dallas to claim it has X company located in the city. Obviously I would rather see these companies move on their own and move somewhere that brings more people to Dallas proper, but, for the time being, I'm not against their strategy, and I'm curious to see how it works out for them.

Actually, it's about the same distance as Plano, and it's further than Las Colinas (the other place from which these jobs are being relocated).

As the crow flies Cypress is closer than Legacy and Frisco but more importantly to them Cypress is basically next door to DFW which may be important to any company moving into that area.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 31 Aug 2018 22:22

Amazon HQ2 ‘prosperity bomb’ looms large if dropped on Dallas

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... opped.html

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 31 Aug 2018 22:38

Tech services firm adding 1,100 jobs, $8M investment in Irving

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... rving.html

CTroyMathis
Site Admin

Postby CTroyMathis » 06 Sep 2018 16:04

Looks like this one popped-up in the feeds a little while ago:

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... other.html

Core-Mark, a Fortune 500 company based in San Francisco, plans to relocate its corporate headquarters to Westlake in 2019.

___

. . .with the corporate office consisting of about 100 of the company’s 9,000 employees.

___

Though McPherson made the announcement almost a month ago, it’s largely flown under the radar.

texasstar

Postby texasstar » 06 Sep 2018 17:49

^ Now Nr.3 in Fortune 500 HQ's after New York and Chicago. Not bad at all.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 11 Sep 2018 22:05

Fort Worth eye products firm Alcon shifting headquarters to Switzerland

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... witzerland