Corporate Relocations/Expansions

Tivo_Kenevil

Re: Corporate Relocations/Expansions

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 12 Sep 2019 09:43

clcrash19 wrote:https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2019/09/12/mclaren-north-america.html

Mclaren moving HQ from manhattan to Coppell

What dramatic change..I send my condolences to the relocated employees.

eburress

Postby eburress » 12 Sep 2019 10:00

I do love NYC, but hopefully being able to afford a >1,000sf home will ease their employees' pain.

texasstar

Postby texasstar » 13 Sep 2019 12:34

Tivo_Kenevil wrote:What dramatic change..I send my condolences to the relocated employees.

Funny, I was sending my congratulations on the huge lifestyle upgrade. :D
Last edited by texasstar on 13 Sep 2019 22:40, edited 1 time in total.

Cbdallas

Postby Cbdallas » 13 Sep 2019 13:51

A year spent floating in their new swimming pool will probably take care of them.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 15 Sep 2019 13:39

Tivo_Kenevil wrote:
clcrash19 wrote:https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2019/09/12/mclaren-north-america.html

Mclaren moving HQ from manhattan to Coppell

What dramatic change..I send my condolences to the relocated employees.

Maybe the soaring exodus tells a different story about NYC. Seems like Dallas is the most popular relocation city.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -economics

Cord1936

Postby Cord1936 » 16 Sep 2019 22:15

Sherwin-Williams is Searching for a New Global HQ and R&D Location.
Dallas-Fort Worth Might be a Contender

By Lance Murray, Dallas Innovates, Sep. 16, 2019

Cleveland-based paint giant Sherwin-Williams has confirmed it is looking for a place to put a new headquarters and a research-and-development facility, and experts believe Dallas-Fort Worth is being considered.
Dallas-Fort Worth in recent years has not only been active, but very successful in attracting headquarters.

This year, Fortune 500 members McKesson and Core-Mark both relocated their headquarters from California to Irving and Westlake, respectively. European Wax Center last month moved to Plano, and PGA announced a future Frisco move in December.

Last week, British supercar maker McLaren announced that it was moving its North American headquarters from New York to Coppell into a high-tech 30,000-square-foot facility.

Add other announced and completed headquarters relocations to the list—Toyota Motor North America (which just opened a new Experience Center) and Boeing Global Services to Plano, Kubota Tractor to Grapevine, and Zinwave to Dallas—and the region’s corporate strength is apparent.

Luring Sherwin-Williams would be a major “get” for the region.
Read more: https://dallasinnovates.com/paint-giant-sherwin-williams-plans-headquarters-r-is-dallas-fort-worth-in-the-mix/

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 23 Sep 2019 11:39

Hotel firm picks Uptown Dallas tower for U.S. headquarters

Another day another relo

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... dquarters/

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 23 Sep 2019 16:07

^Great to see another addition to the urban core!

Coworking firm moves its HQ to West End
https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... t-end.html

This article is referring to the Common Desk. It doesn't say anything about where the HQ is moving FROM. I presume they are simply moving the HQ from one of their other, existing Common Desk locations, which isn't really a big surprise, since the West End location looks to be the biggest.

flyswatter

Postby flyswatter » 23 Sep 2019 18:55

Their first location was Deep Ellum so guessing that's where their HQ is currently.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 24 Sep 2019 15:35

Yes, their HQ was at the original location in Deep Ellum. Since they are a coworking company I imagine they have simply had employees working where ever they mostly wanted at one of their many locations. This just means they probably made a decision to have most employees work out of the same office now instead of everyone floating.
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”

Cord1936

Postby Cord1936 » 04 Oct 2019 09:32

Another California company moving its HDQ to the Dallas area!
Since Toyota's departure from California the pace of exodus to the Dallas metro has definitely quickened to a near steady stream.
-----------------------------------------
Chick-fil-A and Starbucks Distributor to Move California Headquarters to Texas
Subsidiary Plans to Centralize Corporate Services
SEPTEMBER 30, 2019|CANDACE CARLISLE

A distributor to major restaurant chains such as Chick-fil-A, Chipotle and Starbucks is moving its corporate headquarters to Texas from California to centralize its operations.
The relocation from Irvine, California, helps centralize the company's corporate operations to better align and support its distribution center market and its customers, said Ryan Hammer, corporate vice president and president of Golden State Foods Logistics.

By centralizing its corporate operations, Hammer said Quality Custom Distribution will be able to grow its distribution network and solidify its position as a dominant player in the food industry.

The Dallas-area's central location, large talent pool and business-friendly community fed into the decision to move to the North Texas region, said Hammer.
The exodus from California to the Dallas-Fort Worth region has made the area an in-demand office market.
Article: https://product.costar.com/home/news/shared/372197429

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 04 Oct 2019 13:54

Quality Custom Distribution, a subsidiary of Golden State Foods, a global supplier to the quick service restaurant and retail industries, is leasing 10,784 square feet of office space at 2801 Network Blvd. in Frisco, Texas, about 27 miles north of downtown Dallas, for its headquarters. The new office is set to open in January 2020.

Thanks for the update! Looks like they are headed to Frisco..

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 18 Oct 2019 10:26

European tech company picks Dallas area for first U.S. location

A young tech company in Europe is calling North Texas its first home in the U.S.

Altum RF, based in the Netherlands, has opened a new – albeit small – office in Richardson, according to Greg Baker, the company's CEO.

“Richardson is an excellent location for technical talent and a central location in the U.S.,” Baker said in an email. “Our Richardson office will serve as a sales and technical support office initially, but could also expand in the future for other areas, such as product development.”

Altum RF is a semiconductor company targeting industries that include aerospace and defense, along with telecommunications, according to its website. It provides specialized technology that helps with cutting-edge demands in areas that include next-generation wireless 5G.

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... s_headline

Matt777

Postby Matt777 » 18 Oct 2019 14:34

I was reading an article about the new Spirit Airlines HQ building that is going up in the Fort Lauderdale area, and the article mentioned that Spirit was also considering a site in Dallas for a corporate relocation before choosing to stay and build a new facility in Florida. Would have been nuts to have 3 of the largest US airlines all based in the DFW area.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 23 Oct 2019 10:44

Is Dallas in the running for Sherwin-Williams HQ?

It's still highly speculative, but Dallas may be a candidate for the headquarters of painting and coatings manufacturer Sherwin-Williams Co. — that is, if the company decides to leave its current headquarters city of Cleveland.

Well-known site-selection consultant John Boyd of The Boyd Co., whose New Jersey firm works on economic development projects and corporate relocations across the country, said last week he believes Charlotte could be in the running — and high on the list. Boyd is not working on the Sherwin-Williams project but, based on his knowledge of it, he believes four cities are being seriously considered: Atlanta, Houston, Dallas and Charlotte.

maconahey

Postby maconahey » 24 Oct 2019 11:09

Not a relocation or expansion, but TM Advertising in Victory Park is going out of business within the next week or two. Apparently they lost several big clients at the same time and had to make the decision to close their doors

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 24 Oct 2019 17:06

^ https://www.adweek.com/agencies/tm-adve ... -85-years/

“It’s a financial decision. It’s a very competitive environment,” she said. “Three of our largest clients reduced their fees tremendously. While we won some new business, we didn’t win fast enough.”

In 2015, TM Advertising lost American Airlines, an account it had worked on for 34 years. The airline gave its creative and media business to CPB following a review, which TM Advertising chose not to participate in.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 24 Oct 2019 17:37

Question about the Sherman Williams Co HQ.

Do we think they would do this move to more Millennial centric location like an Uptown/Deep Ellum or even the CBD? According to the various articles they aren't just looking to move a few top paid exctuives they are also looking to move the R&D departments as well. Could we see a split where executives move to a glossy tower while R&D takes a more suburban approach? Or do we think they will go for some low slung generic HQ near DFW Airport and we will just get the honor of the brand on our HQ bingo card.

It's all about what the move is for them. Are they trying to attract new talent they cant get in Cleveland. Is it just the spread out costs is driving them into the red? Are they Toyota and want some fabulous signature suburban home with parking for days next to the newest suburban mixed-use development or are they AT&T who want to be closer to urban revitalization and are willing to invest in a location thats still evolving.

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 24 Oct 2019 21:08

Without knowing much about the company culture itself, they really just strike me as a company that will move to the suburbs. It also seems like companies definitely prefer to be in one campurs, rather than spread out (if possible), so I can't see them splitting up their operations between the suburbs and urban either.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I'm expecting this to go deep in the suburbs to Frisco (assuming they come to DFW).

Tivo_Kenevil

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 24 Oct 2019 23:18

Dallas is just being used for leverage. They'll probably go to Charlotte. They got Lowe's, might as well SW get too.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 25 Oct 2019 09:20

The only reason I even bring it up is so many people forget company culture is the biggest thing to pay attention to when we hear these companies are looking at moving their HQ. Toyota was never going to locate in Dallas proper. They are a car company so locating to a brand new suburban campus in a shiny part of Plano was not a surprise. Uber, on the other hand, is a company of the millennial type who wants to be where their employees/customers are and sorry punk rock Deep Ellum you are mainstream now. American Airlines was the same they are a suburban campus type of company and they were highly unlikely to move to a large scale mixed-use project or a revitalized city center.

Tivo_Kenevil

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 25 Oct 2019 09:42

^True but Cypress waters is in Dallas and offers that Office park style HQ these companies drool over.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 25 Oct 2019 12:59

Dallas has the most perfect, ideally situated huge stretch of under used acreage just waiting for municipal and business leaders to wake up and prep for the next variation of corporate campus development - the light industrial warehouse Regal Row, Irving Blvd, Chancellor Row etc Stemmons & Carpenter Freeways.

The reign of the suburban mixed use new urbanist corporate campus will only be matched when/if in-town locations like Regal Row area are redeveloped by whatever is the next trend in development bundles that wipes clean whatever exists in an segment and replaces it with all new high density live-work-play whatever....

Hannibal Lecter

Postby Hannibal Lecter » 25 Oct 2019 20:52

^ The city has agreed to let the Salvation Army put a 20 acre homeless shelter on 35E at Regal Row. Redevelopment of the area just got pushed back by a generation.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 25 Oct 2019 21:11

Probably right about that Cassandra

flyswatter

Postby flyswatter » 26 Oct 2019 08:13

Is it the empty lot between Zona Rosa and Whataburger? Not like that area is hot for redevelopment right now anyways...It's certainly better than plopping it in the Medical District.

PonyUp13

Postby PonyUp13 » 29 Oct 2019 13:15

Looks like Plano could score some JPM folks from New York. Hopefully we can get some real investment bankers here again as I believe the last desk of the major banks left a few years ago.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -york-area

LongonBigD

Postby LongonBigD » 29 Oct 2019 17:00

I was under the impression from a Forbes article(?) these were back office support type jobs.

JPM Chase is adding a 12 story building to the new campus as we speak. It appears from driving by that they are already at the second or third floor. Perhaps that’s a good Sign that the relo will be to Plano.

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 03 Nov 2019 12:30

Dallas County official: Thanks to Uber, we’re among handful of cities vying for a couple of companies
Dallas-Fort Worth appears to be in the running for two companies that would include tech workers, though not of the size of Uber, which is looking to add 3,000 jobs in the coming years, according to Jenkins.

“We’re the finalist with another” city, Jenkins said after a groundbreaking during an impromptu gathering with reporters. “And with the other (company), we’re one of, I think, four.”

He said non-disclosure agreements prevented him from saying more.

“They’re not related to the work that Uber does,” Jenkins said. “I’m not saying we’re going to get those companies, either, because there’s a lot of competition there."

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... e-hub.html

This really comes as no surprise to me, and I'm really excited to see what other companies come to the area after the big Uber announcement. Even if both of these potential companies happen to fall through, I know there will be others that consider Dallas in the future.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 03 Nov 2019 12:45

The three downtown master plans pitched to Amazon should each start picking up customers.... Victory Park, Reunion and Smart all have (at least) midsized office buildings shovel ready for the next relocation announcement.

Downtown Dallas might actually lead a multi-generational Sunbelt Central Business District renaissance simply because the pedestrian oriented transportation infrastructure is Uber tested & built and around the bones of Light and Commuter Rail lines. DART/NCTCOG/TexRail install trains and Uber maps out driverless neighborhood connections. Interesting. Now would be the time for the TXDoT to really kick-in to expedite commuter rail connections to The Dallas CBD.

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 03 Nov 2019 14:49

tamtagon wrote:The three downtown master plans pitched to Amazon should each start picking up customers.... Victory Park, Reunion and Smart all have (at least) midsized office buildings shovel ready for the next relocation announcement.

That's what I was thinking as well, and, now that we could potentially have a little more cohesiveness between Downtown and the Cedars, I really feel like the Smart City development is looking quite attractive right now.

muncien

Postby muncien » 04 Nov 2019 13:34

DPatel304 wrote:
Dallas County official: Thanks to Uber, we’re among handful of cities vying for a couple of companies
Dallas-Fort Worth appears to be in the running for two companies that would include tech workers, though not of the size of Uber, which is looking to add 3,000 jobs in the coming years, according to Jenkins.

“We’re the finalist with another” city, Jenkins said after a groundbreaking during an impromptu gathering with reporters. “And with the other (company), we’re one of, I think, four.”

He said non-disclosure agreements prevented him from saying more.

“They’re not related to the work that Uber does,” Jenkins said. “I’m not saying we’re going to get those companies, either, because there’s a lot of competition there."

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... e-hub.html

This really comes as no surprise to me, and I'm really excited to see what other companies come to the area after the big Uber announcement. Even if both of these potential companies happen to fall through, I know there will be others that consider Dallas in the future.

Unfortunately, putting someone like Judge Clay Jenkins in front of these prospects probably isn't the best move. Maybe it's just me, but I think he offers very poor representation of the county.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 07 Nov 2019 22:07

California-based company Astura Medical announces move to new Irving HQ

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/hea ... irving-hq/

itsjrd1964

Postby itsjrd1964 » 12 Nov 2019 04:07

AllianceRX Walgreens Prime, which is a collaborative venture between Prime Therapeutics and Walgreens, is moving their Irving operation to a place off Harry Hines in NW Dallas, west of Love Field. There will be a call center and delivery operations there.

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/real ... s-of-jobs/

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 13 Nov 2019 17:23

itsjrd1964 wrote:AllianceRX Walgreens Prime, which is a collaborative venture between Prime Therapeutics and Walgreens, is moving their Irving operation to a place off Harry Hines in NW Dallas, west of Love Field. There will be a call center and delivery operations there.

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/real ... s-of-jobs/

That's a big number!

The new Dallas office will accommodate between 800 and 850 people for home delivery and call center jobs.

LuvBigD

Postby LuvBigD » 21 Nov 2019 17:44

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/rea ... ig-tenant/

Here's another relo to the Dallas side of Cypress Waters.

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 23 Nov 2019 14:17

Study: 660 companies moving facilities out of California with many bound for Dallas-Fort Worth

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... ut-of.html

Some 660 companies moved 765 facilities out of California in the past two years, and Dallas-Fort Worth has been the beneficiary of many of the relocations, according to a new report.

The departures from the Golden State between January 2018 and now involve corporate headquarters, manufacturing facilities, data centers, research hubs, software and engineering centers and a few warehouses, according to business relocation expert Joe Vranich, president of Spectrum Location Services.

“Obviously a lot of them are going to Texas,” Vranich said in an interview with the Dallas Business Journal. “It just makes sense.”

Matt777

Postby Matt777 » 25 Nov 2019 09:32

Charles Schwab will move HQ to DFW (Westlake) after TD Ameritrade acquisition

clcrash19

Postby clcrash19 » 25 Nov 2019 10:15

wow big news for the region

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 25 Nov 2019 10:22

So in about 18 months we can claim another Fortune 500... Awesome news! Another HUGE win for DFW!

jetnd87

Postby jetnd87 » 25 Nov 2019 10:54

Interesting that they're moving from urban-style HQ to Westlake. You think they'd save enough dollars by going from SF and could afford / want to move into Dallas urban core. I guess they already had a facility out in Westlake though...

jetnd87

Postby jetnd87 » 25 Nov 2019 10:55

Ah, here we go:

"The “vast majority” of Bay Area-based roles are not anticipated to be affected by the move, it said. Schwab expects to retain a sizable corporate footprint in the city."

muncien

Postby muncien » 25 Nov 2019 13:05

jetnd87 wrote:Interesting that they're moving from urban-style HQ to Westlake. You think they'd save enough dollars by going from SF and could afford / want to move into Dallas urban core. I guess they already had a facility out in Westlake though...

They have had a considerable presence in Westlake for quite some time. I had family that were contracted to build that office, and I want to say it was 10-12 years ago, and has expanded a few times.

Kelley USA

Postby Kelley USA » 25 Nov 2019 13:36

That's Charles Schwab, Core-Mark and McKesson all Fortune 500 Companies relocating / relocated from San Francisco to DFW. In my mind I picture people in San Fran saying, "We lost another Fortune 500 company to Dallas, DALLAS?!?!"... :)

Hannibal Lecter

Postby Hannibal Lecter » 25 Nov 2019 14:03

jetnd87 wrote:Interesting that they're moving from urban-style HQ to Westlake. You think they'd save enough dollars by going from SF and could afford / want to move into Dallas urban core. I guess they already had a facility out in Westlake though...

If you were escaping from the absolute hellhole that San Francisco has become wouldn't you want something as different as possible? Note that they aren't just going suburban, they're going about as anti-urban as you can get without giving up paved roads. :-)

Tnexster

Postby Tnexster » 25 Nov 2019 15:27

Charles Schwab’s move to DFW shakes up leaderboard in region already undergoing changes

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... tlake.html

A headquarters relocation from Schwab (NYSE: SCHW) even without the merger would bring heft to North Texas. The company boasts a market valuation of more than $60 billion, putting it ahead of local names such as Southwest Airlines, Kimberly-Clark, D. R. Horton and Energy Transfer.

All told, it will be the fourth-largest by that measuring stick, trailing only Exxon, AT&T and Texas Instruments.

One would think, after losing Toyota, McKesson and now Schwab that somebody would start scratching their head and at least wonder why this keeps happening.

flyswatter

Postby flyswatter » 25 Nov 2019 16:39

The executives making bank at Schwab will happily move from their 4000 sqft house in SF that cost $3.5 million for a 10000 sqft house in Vaquero in Westlake at the same price. Who would've thought...

eburress

Postby eburress » 25 Nov 2019 17:45

Tnexster wrote:Charles Schwab’s move to DFW shakes up leaderboard in region already undergoing changes

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... tlake.html

A headquarters relocation from Schwab (NYSE: SCHW) even without the merger would bring heft to North Texas. The company boasts a market valuation of more than $60 billion, putting it ahead of local names such as Southwest Airlines, Kimberly-Clark, D. R. Horton and Energy Transfer.

All told, it will be the fourth-largest by that measuring stick, trailing only Exxon, AT&T and Texas Instruments.

One would think, after losing Toyota, McKesson and now Schwab that somebody would start scratching their head and at least wonder why this keeps happening.

You'd think, but I don't see California's politics changing anytime soon.

muncien

Postby muncien » 26 Nov 2019 10:41

flyswatter wrote:The executives making bank at Schwab will happily move from their 4000 sqft house in SF that cost $3.5 million for a 10000 sqft house in Vaquero in Westlake at the same price. Who would've thought...

Plus, the odds on having a pile of human poo on your doorstep in the morning drop considerably... :x

Hannibal Lecter

Postby Hannibal Lecter » 26 Nov 2019 17:17

muncien wrote:Plus, the odds on having a pile of human poo on your doorstep in the morning drop considerably... :x

Unless you live in Deep Ellum....