Corporate Relocations/Expansions

User avatar
Tucy
Posts: 1258
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 12:50

Re: Corporate Relocations/Expansions

Postby Tucy » 26 May 2022 11:20

cowboyeagle05 wrote:Can we pay them to close the Downtown store and they can move anywhere cause I am all for it at this point? That building is vastly dated and Neimans is still a dinosaur trying to figure out how to be a world fashion icon while being chained to Downtown Dallas(main street district) which is just one small neighborhood among hundreds in Dallas and has fewer fashion-oriented businesses than Knox or West Village. NorthPark and Highland Park Village are way better representations of fashion strength in Dallas. Let them go so Downtown can move forward.


Interesting idea. That makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately, it looks like City Hall is sticking with the fantasy that downtown can be a shopping destination again. We are now paying to keep this dinosaur in place until 2031. :D

User avatar
Tucy
Posts: 1258
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 12:50

Re: Corporate Relocations/Expansions

Postby Tucy » 10 Jun 2022 09:21

Builder FirstSource is leaving Dallas for new headquarters in Las Colinas

One of the few DFW Fortune 500 companies actually based in Dallas, let alone downtown Dallas, has announced it is relocating to Las Colinas. Didn't they get the memo that Dallas would happily pay them to stay?

User avatar
Addison
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Nov 2020 17:13

Re: Corporate Relocations/Expansions

Postby Addison » 10 Jun 2022 10:28

Tucy wrote:Builder FirstSource is leaving Dallas for new headquarters in Las Colinas

One of the few DFW Fortune 500 companies actually based in Dallas, let alone downtown Dallas, has announced it is relocating to Las Colinas. Didn't they get the memo that Dallas would happily pay them to stay?


Kind of sad that the Goldman Sachs project is pretty much the only thing to hang our hats on for big downtown projects and/or relocations right now, with everything else seemingly delayed, on hold or cancelled.

Tnexster
Posts: 3222
Joined: 22 Oct 2016 16:33
Location: Dallas

Re: Corporate Relocations/Expansions

Postby Tnexster » 10 Jun 2022 12:36

Addison wrote:
Tucy wrote:Builder FirstSource is leaving Dallas for new headquarters in Las Colinas

One of the few DFW Fortune 500 companies actually based in Dallas, let alone downtown Dallas, has announced it is relocating to Las Colinas. Didn't they get the memo that Dallas would happily pay them to stay?


Kind of sad that the Goldman Sachs project is pretty much the only thing to hang our hats on for big downtown projects and/or relocations right now, with everything else seemingly delayed, on hold or cancelled.


There are others, in fact I know of others. They just aren't plastered all over the DMN.

User avatar
Addison
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Nov 2020 17:13

Re: Corporate Relocations/Expansions

Postby Addison » 10 Jun 2022 12:57

Tnexster wrote:
Addison wrote:
Tucy wrote:Builder FirstSource is leaving Dallas for new headquarters in Las Colinas

One of the few DFW Fortune 500 companies actually based in Dallas, let alone downtown Dallas, has announced it is relocating to Las Colinas. Didn't they get the memo that Dallas would happily pay them to stay?


Kind of sad that the Goldman Sachs project is pretty much the only thing to hang our hats on for big downtown projects and/or relocations right now, with everything else seemingly delayed, on hold or cancelled.


There are others, in fact I know of others. They just aren't plastered all over the DMN.


I hope so.

User avatar
Addison
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Nov 2020 17:13

Re: Corporate Relocations/Expansions

Postby Addison » 10 Jun 2022 13:25

Viewpoint: Don't expect some of these jobs-heavy relocations, expansions to bear fruit — for now

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2022/06/10/jobs-relocation-expansion-politics-election.html?ana=brss_3129

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 777
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Corporate Relocations/Expansions

Postby Kelley USA » 14 Jun 2022 11:57

Looks like DFW is gaining another Fortune 500 Company (and so is Irving).

Caterpillar is relocating to Las Colinas. I remember aout a year ago they leased 80sf at Williams Square for a regional operation, but guess they were keeping it under wraps.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/loc ... to-irving/

User avatar
Addison
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Nov 2020 17:13

Re: Corporate Relocations/Expansions

Postby Addison » 14 Jun 2022 13:29

Kelley USA wrote:Looks like DFW is gaining another Fortune 500 Company (and so is Irving).

Caterpillar is relocating to Las Colinas. I remember aout a year ago they leased 80sf at Williams Square for a regional operation, but guess they were keeping it under wraps.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/loc ... to-irving/


This one wasn't on my bingo card. Nice score!

That said, we still need 1 more to catch up with Houstom, because of the Exxon relocation.

User avatar
Tucy
Posts: 1258
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 12:50

Re: Corporate Relocations/Expansions

Postby Tucy » 14 Jun 2022 14:10

Addison wrote:
Kelley USA wrote:Looks like DFW is gaining another Fortune 500 Company (and so is Irving).

Caterpillar is relocating to Las Colinas. I remember aout a year ago they leased 80sf at Williams Square for a regional operation, but guess they were keeping it under wraps.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/loc ... to-irving/


This one wasn't on my bingo card. Nice score!

That said, we still need 1 more to catch up with Houstom, because of the Exxon relocation.


Counting the Exxon relocation, DFW has (had) 22, so with Caterpillar, 23 Fortune 500 companies.

Again, counting the Exxon relocation, Houston has 25.

User avatar
Kelley USA
Posts: 777
Joined: 27 Oct 2016 12:46

Re: Corporate Relocations/Expansions

Postby Kelley USA » 23 Jun 2022 12:27

Allegheny Technologies, now ATI, has relocated their HQ from Pittsburgh to Dallas. They were one of Pittsburgh's largest public companies. They're also a Fortune 1000 company.

https://news.yahoo.com/allegheny-techno ... 56589.html

User avatar
Addison
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Nov 2020 17:13

Re: Corporate Relocations/Expansions

Postby Addison » 23 Jun 2022 12:54

Kelley USA wrote:Allegheny Technologies, now ATI, has relocated their HQ from Pittsburgh to Dallas. They were one of Pittsburgh's largest public companies. They're also a Fortune 1000 company.

https://news.yahoo.com/allegheny-techno ... 56589.html


We do handily beat Houston with the number of Fortune 1000 companies...

User avatar
Tucy
Posts: 1258
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 12:50

Re: Corporate Relocations/Expansions

Postby Tucy » 23 Jun 2022 14:43

Addison wrote:
Kelley USA wrote:Allegheny Technologies, now ATI, has relocated their HQ from Pittsburgh to Dallas. They were one of Pittsburgh's largest public companies. They're also a Fortune 1000 company.

https://news.yahoo.com/allegheny-techno ... 56589.html


We do handily beat Houston with the number of Fortune 1000 companies...



??? Wish it were true, but I don't think so...

User avatar
Addison
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Nov 2020 17:13

Re: Corporate Relocations/Expansions

Postby Addison » 23 Jun 2022 16:04

Tucy wrote:
Addison wrote:
Kelley USA wrote:Allegheny Technologies, now ATI, has relocated their HQ from Pittsburgh to Dallas. They were one of Pittsburgh's largest public companies. They're also a Fortune 1000 company.

https://news.yahoo.com/allegheny-techno ... 56589.html


We do handily beat Houston with the number of Fortune 1000 companies...



??? Wish it were true, but I don't think so...


As of 2021, Houston had 39 vs. 45 in DFW...

https://www.houston.org/houston-data/fo ... -companies

https://sayyestodallas.com/jobs/fortune-1000/

User avatar
Tucy
Posts: 1258
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 12:50

Re: Corporate Relocations/Expansions

Postby Tucy » 23 Jun 2022 16:34

Addison wrote:
Tucy wrote:
Addison wrote:
We do handily beat Houston with the number of Fortune 1000 companies...



??? Wish it were true, but I don't think so...


As of 2021, Houston had 39 vs. 45 in DFW...

https://www.houston.org/houston-data/fo ... -companies

https://sayyestodallas.com/jobs/fortune-1000/


As of the 2022 Fortune list, DFW and Houston each have 43 Fortune 1000 companies.

https://fortune.com/fortune500/2022/search/?hqstate=TX

User avatar
Addison
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Nov 2020 17:13

Re: Corporate Relocations/Expansions

Postby Addison » 23 Jun 2022 17:32

Tucy wrote:
Addison wrote:
Tucy wrote:

??? Wish it were true, but I don't think so...


As of 2021, Houston had 39 vs. 45 in DFW...

https://www.houston.org/houston-data/fo ... -companies

https://sayyestodallas.com/jobs/fortune-1000/


As of the 2022 Fortune list, DFW and Houston each have 43 Fortune 1000 companies.

https://fortune.com/fortune500/2022/search/?hqstate=TX


Technically, it's 44 Dallas to 43 Houston, and that's with including Exxon's relocation & excluding Alleghany (so really it will still be 45 Dallas).

It seems Houston had several of their smaller energy companies join since 2021 with the surge in oil/gas prices

User avatar
Tucy
Posts: 1258
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 12:50

Re: Corporate Relocations/Expansions

Postby Tucy » 24 Jun 2022 11:06

Addison wrote:
Tucy wrote:


As of the 2022 Fortune list, DFW and Houston each have 43 Fortune 1000 companies.

https://fortune.com/fortune500/2022/search/?hqstate=TX


Technically, it's 44 Dallas to 43 Houston,


So, even if your count is correct... it's a bit of a stretch to say we are "handily beating Houston..." ;)

Here's what I see in the 2022 Fortune 1000 for DFW. 43 including ExxonMobil. Who am I missing? BTW, according to the Dallas Morning News, we only have 42. https://www.dallasnews.com/business/loc ... rtune-500/

1. ExxonMobil
2. McKesson
3. AT&T
4. Energy Transfer
5. American Airlines Group
6. D.R. Horton
7. CBRE
8. Bulilders FirstSource
9. Tenet
10. Kimberly Clark
11. Charles Schwab
12. HF Sinclair
13. Texas Instruments
14. Southwest Airlines
15. Pioneer Natural Resources
16. Fluor
17. AECOM
18. Jacobs Engineering
19. Vistra
20. YUM China Holdings
21. Celanese
22. Commercial Metals
23. EnLink Midstream
24. GameStop
25. Globe Life
26. TPG
27. Darling Ingredients
28. Nexstar Media Group
29. Rent-A-Center
30. Lennox International
31. AMN Healthcare
32. Sally Beauty Holdings
33. Flowserve
34. Prmoris Services
35. Atmos Energy
36. Mr. Cooper Group
37. Brinker Intl
38. Comerica
39. Match Group
40. Range Resources
41. Copart
42. Encore Wire
43. Valhi

User avatar
vman
Posts: 228
Joined: 24 Oct 2016 07:44

Re: Corporate Relocations/Expansions

Postby vman » 29 Jun 2022 14:50

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/job ... to-dallas/

Chinese aerial lift maker moves its North America headquarters to Dallas
LGMG North America says the relocation is a response to higher tariffs placed on its products last year.


The North American headquarters of a Chinese maker of mobile aerial lifts is relocating to Dallas later this year after opening only three years ago in Chambersburg, Pa.

LGMG North America is making the move in response to a U.S. Commerce Department decision last year that placed higher tariffs on mobile elevating work platform equipment, according to industry publications Forconstructionpros.com and Vertikal.net.

(No mention of where in Dallas the headquarters will be located.)

User avatar
Tucy
Posts: 1258
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 12:50

Re: Corporate Relocations/Expansions

Postby Tucy » 29 Jun 2022 16:11

vman wrote:https://www.dallasnews.com/business/jobs/2022/06/27/chinese-aerial-lift-maker-moves-its-north-america-headquarters-to-dallas/

Chinese aerial lift maker moves its North America headquarters to Dallas
LGMG North America says the relocation is a response to higher tariffs placed on its products last year.


The North American headquarters of a Chinese maker of mobile aerial lifts is relocating to Dallas later this year after opening only three years ago in Chambersburg, Pa.

LGMG North America is making the move in response to a U.S. Commerce Department decision last year that placed higher tariffs on mobile elevating work platform equipment, according to industry publications Forconstructionpros.com and Vertikal.net.

(No mention of where in Dallas the headquarters will be located.)


How is a move of North American headquarters from Pennsylvania to North Texas a response to higher tariffs imposed by the United States?

Tnexster
Posts: 3222
Joined: 22 Oct 2016 16:33
Location: Dallas

Re: Corporate Relocations/Expansions

Postby Tnexster » 29 Jun 2022 16:21

^That didn't make any sense to me.

User avatar
CTroyMathis
Site Admin
Posts: 588
Joined: 13 Oct 2016 19:51

Re: Corporate Relocations/Expansions

Postby CTroyMathis » 29 Jun 2022 16:32

Tucy wrote:
vman wrote:https://www.dallasnews.com/business/jobs/2022/06/27/chinese-aerial-lift-maker-moves-its-north-america-headquarters-to-dallas/

Chinese aerial lift maker moves its North America headquarters to Dallas
LGMG North America says the relocation is a response to higher tariffs placed on its products last year.


The North American headquarters of a Chinese maker of mobile aerial lifts is relocating to Dallas later this year after opening only three years ago in Chambersburg, Pa.

LGMG North America is making the move in response to a U.S. Commerce Department decision last year that placed higher tariffs on mobile elevating work platform equipment, according to industry publications Forconstructionpros.com and Vertikal.net.

(No mention of where in Dallas the headquarters will be located.)


How is a move of North American headquarters from Pennsylvania to North Texas a response to higher tariffs imposed by the United States?


Seems to me brevity in articles is no bueno, every time. The press release is almost like you are supposed to know about tariffs on this sector. Perhaps it's just coincidence they are moving to somewhere in possibly a FTZ in DFW at the same time they want to just re-structure themselves. Manufacturing upgrades in Canada? Maybe that helps, don't know. I have other rabbit holes to go visit, haha. Definitely not going to dive in to govt policy on this one.

User avatar
tamtagon
Site Admin
Posts: 2123
Joined: 16 Oct 2016 12:04

Re: Corporate Relocations/Expansions

Postby tamtagon » 29 Jun 2022 20:27

Tucy wrote:Counting the Exxon relocation, DFW has (had) 22, so with Caterpillar, 23 Fortune 500 companies.

Again, counting the Exxon relocation, Houston has 25.


Looks like Chevron is finally moving to Houston, too, so that will change the tally a bit more. haha I don't know what's going to happen with the fossil fuel companies, but it'll be a different beast in 20 years.

User avatar
Tucy
Posts: 1258
Joined: 19 Oct 2016 12:50

Re: Corporate Relocations/Expansions

Postby Tucy » 30 Jun 2022 14:33

tamtagon wrote:
Tucy wrote:Counting the Exxon relocation, DFW has (had) 22, so with Caterpillar, 23 Fortune 500 companies.

Again, counting the Exxon relocation, Houston has 25.


Looks like Chevron is finally moving to Houston, too, so that will change the tally a bit more. haha I don't know what's going to happen with the fossil fuel companies, but it'll be a different beast in 20 years.


No, Chevron is not moving its HQ to Houston. Not yet, anyway...

cowboyeagle05
Posts: 3048
Joined: 21 Oct 2016 08:45
Location: Dallas

Re: Corporate Relocations/Expansions

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 30 Jun 2022 18:13

Yeah, I saw some articles claiming the HQ moved as well but here is what Tucy means.

https://www.chron.com/business/article/ ... 271643.php
Chevron paying for employees to relocate to Houston for Bay Area
When Chevron vacates the 100-acre campus in 2023, freeing up prime real estate for the area’s growing life-sciences industry or developers looking to build apartments, it hopes to move into a smaller space in San Ramon, which will remain its headquarters, the Wall Street Journal said.

"The move is expected to occur during the third quarter of 2023. Chevron will remain headquartered in California, where the company has a 140-year history and operations and partnerships throughout the state."
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”