I'm not sure how significant this is, but I stumbled across it in the notes from the Irving City Counsel meeting back on Dec. 6th. I don't know who 'Atos IT' is, but 500 employees sounds pretty significant.
100k sqft isn't really that big, but not bad. That's the same size as Office Building being constructed in the Music Factory for comparison. Not sure where exactly this is supposed to be.
Anybody else know what this is all about?
Meeting: 12/8/2016 DOC ID: 7712
Recommending Department: Economic Development LSR No: 18964
Resolution -- Approving an Economic Incentive Agreement Between the
City of Irving and Atos IT Solutions and Services, Inc., in an Amount
Dependent Upon Annual Qualification
1. This item is recommended by the Economic Development Department.
2. Impact: Approval of this incentive agreement will assist in attracting Atos IT
Solutions and Services, Inc., to the City of Irving.
3. This incentive agreement was discussed at the October 26, 2016 Executive
Session of the Irving City Council Work Session meeting.
4. Atos IT Solutions and Services, Inc., plans to establish a designated regional
headquarters providing information technology services (e.g., consulting and
systems integration services, managed services and BPO, cloud operations, etc.).
5. The City, along with the Greater Irving/Las Colinas Chamber of Commerce, has
worked with Atos to attract the company and their investment to the City of Irving.
6. Minimum qualification levels for this incentive is the construction and occupancy of
99,000 square feet of office space; new real property improvement value of
$4,000,000; new business personal property value of $3,000,000; and 500
employees with an average annual salary of $70,000.
7. The City will provide a grant equivalent to ninety percent (90%) of real property
taxes paid on new taxable value over $13,731,560 for five years. The City also will
provide a grant equivalent to ninety percent (90%) of business personal property
taxes paid for five years. Atos is required to maintain minimum qualification levels
annually during the five-year term plus for an additional three years.
8. The City anticipates the net new benefit after incentives in real property taxes,
business personal property taxes and sales taxes to be $428,689 during the
five-year term of the agreement. The approximate value of the incentive to Atos is
The resolution be approved.