Water Main Breaks

CTroyMathis
Site Admin

Water Main Breaks

Postby CTroyMathis » 08 Aug 2022 15:28

Looking to get some feedback on any fairly recent water main breaks, generally during this recent Summer. But, if you have some other anecdotes prior - that could still be beneficial information.

I really haven't heard of or seen any recently near me, personally. Maybe you all have? Or, know some others perhaps. Single-family residential areas all the way up to industrial or commercial building areas, etc. Anywhere in the entire metropolitan area. No matter the water district or age of infra. I've seen that report about a large number in Fort Worth. There was also a tracker for FW main breaks. Is there one for Dallas or any other cities in our region? County level even.

All input is good for us to know and will be shared with a news source, FYI. Not that news sources couldn't just find it here anyway which has happened for ages.

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Re: Water Main Breaks

Postby undefinedprocess » 08 Aug 2022 16:56

Multiple water main breaks over the past few years (including 2 this spring/summer season) between McKinney and Princeton. Also a few issues with communications between North Texas Municipal Water District & a couple of water utility companies in Collin County (where NTMWD hasn't sent water to the smaller utility companies, leaving a few thousand people without water/on boil notices for a few days).