Corporate Relocations/Expansions

texasstar

Re: Corporate Relocations/Expansions

Postby texasstar » 10 Jun 2021 13:01

^ The building IS gorgeous.

Matt777

Postby Matt777 » 10 Jun 2021 18:32

undefinedprocess wrote:Integrity Marketing Group relocates its HQ from Cypress Waters to Fountain Place in downtown, leasing 100,000 sqft. and planning on bringing 300 to 400 employees with them.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/real-estate/2021/06/10/major-employer-trades-office-in-cypress-waters-for-a-new-hq-in-downtown-dallas/

Love that a company moved from a drab suburban office park to Downtown Dallas! I wish my employer would do the same!

THRILLHO

Postby THRILLHO » 10 Jun 2021 18:44

Awesome to see. 300+ more people milling about the core is great.

potatocoins

Postby potatocoins » 11 Jun 2021 08:55

Matt777 wrote:Love that a company moved from a drab suburban office park to Downtown Dallas! I wish my employer would do the same!

Agreed! Even more impressive that this move happened post-COVID as well, when people are supposedly trying to get away from the cities and/or working from home more.

This is great news!

Addison

Postby Addison » 11 Jun 2021 09:19

Another (now confirmed) score for Dallas' core:

Multi-billion dollar global investment firm confirms Dallas expansion

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news ... firms.html

Fortress Investment Group, a $53.1 billion global investment manager based in New York, will be expanding its North Texas presence at Weir's Plaza in Knox-Henderson.

The news was confirmed Wednesday, months after the Dallas Business Journal originally reported that the company had been eyeing the area for a new office. Fortress already has more than 50 employees based in Irving at Williams Square. The firm will maintain that office while leasing 47,850 square feet at Weir's Plaza.

“This announcement underscores our long-term commitment to the North Texas region,” said Fortress Managing Partner Drew McKnight in a prepared statement. “Our office in Weir’s Plaza is a perfect complement to our existing location in Irving and will provide flexibility for the continued organic growth that we anticipate in our Credit business.”

McKnight, along with Josh Pack, co-chief investment officers and managing partners of the firm’s Credit business, will be based in the new Weir’s Plaza location...

undefinedprocess

Postby undefinedprocess » 21 Jun 2021 10:57

Therabody, the makers of Theragun, are adding a second HQ in Downtown Dallas. More specifically, they'll be in the East Quarter at 2200 Main St. Pretty great to see all these relocations to the EQ, and makes me even more excited to see 300 Pearl open up and the office space in that fill out (as well as the residential component).
https://www.dallasnews.com/business/real-estate/2021/06/18/the-company-behind-the-buzzy-theragun-massager-is-moving-into-downtown-dallas/

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 21 Jun 2021 14:43

Are we about done with this "second headquarters" silliness? What does that even mean?

undefinedprocess

Postby undefinedprocess » 21 Jun 2021 15:34

Tucy wrote:Are we about done with this "second headquarters" silliness? What does that even mean?

I think the "second HQ" craze started (or at least grew) after Amazon did its whole HQ2 charade.

Tucy

Postby Tucy » 21 Jun 2021 15:36

undefinedprocess wrote:
Tucy wrote:Are we about done with this "second headquarters" silliness? What does that even mean?

I think the "second HQ" craze started (or at least grew) after Amazon did its whole HQ2 charade.

Indeed. It didn't make a whole lot of sense then and makes even less sense for most other companies that are trying to copy the hype.

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 22 Jun 2021 11:43

Hey when you are filling out that Enterprise relocation application with the state its like checking the box for double my money. If it isn't a HQ of some kind it wont make headlines which means politicians wont get their pat on the back for jobs.
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”