Austin ring roads

I45Tex

Austin ring roads

Postby I45Tex » 17 Mar 2021 14:02

Is US 281 at Marble Falls the only bridge across the Colorado River between four-lane RM 620 at Mansfield Dam (322 miles from the river mouth) and two-lane FM 1431 (400 miles from the river mouth)?

A lot of the western exurbs are already built out California-style -- hoping for no rampaging wildland fires in a future drought.

But I can't see how SH45 Toll, which is three miles shy of reaching US 290 in the southwest, will ever be allowed to disturb more of the aquifer recharge zone by extending west of that.

Out on the north side of the exurbs at Georgetown, does anyone know offhand if SH130 Toll is eventually planned to go west of US 183 Toll?

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Re: Austin ring roads

Postby undefinedprocess » 05 Apr 2021 15:12

I45Tex wrote:Is US 281 at Marble Falls the only bridge across the Colorado River between four-lane RM 620 at Mansfield Dam (322 miles from the river mouth) and two-lane FM 1431 (400 miles from the river mouth)?

A lot of the western exurbs are already built out California-style -- hoping for no rampaging wildland fires in a future drought.

But I can't see how SH45 Toll, which is three miles shy of reaching US 290 in the southwest, will ever be allowed to disturb more of the aquifer recharge zone by extending west of that.

Out on the north side of the exurbs at Georgetown, does anyone know offhand if SH130 Toll is eventually planned to go west of US 183 Toll?

How are they built out California-style? Uneducated so trying to learn what exactly you're referring to when you say this.

I45Tex

Postby I45Tex » 12 Apr 2021 11:46

Sure, thanks for asking. I can be clearer. I meant that they have opted for curb appeal price strategy, not for a wildland-urban interface strategy that could resist a destructive firestorm. Tuscany looks great architecturally but doesn’t have the same extreme climate and flora the American Southwest does.

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 14 Apr 2021 16:41

I45Tex wrote:Sure, thanks for asking. I can be clearer. I meant that they have opted for curb appeal price strategy, not for a wildland-urban interface strategy that could resist a destructive firestorm. Tuscany looks great architecturally but doesn’t have the same extreme climate and flora the American Southwest does.

Ah, gotcha. Yep, that's sadly the trend, it seems. Wonderful "facade," but paper bones (figuratively speaking).