BRAVE browser

art_suckz

BRAVE browser

Postby art_suckz » 07 Jan 2019 10:32

I've been using the Brave browser for a while now... been away from the site and recently returned.

I'm having an issue where the Quick Links, FAQ, Notifications, Private messages and user drop down links are not clickable.

Just wonder if there was an easy quick fix for this? I dont want to be a pain so if its not a simple thing, I'll just use Chrome for the site instead.
To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail.

DPatel304

Re: BRAVE browser

Postby DPatel304 » 07 Jan 2019 12:12

I can't really offer any help for you, however, I will say that I'm using the Brave browser as well, and I have not noticed any of the issues you have listed.

With that said, I believe what you are experiencing should, instead, be reported to the developers of the Brave browser, as this would be something they would most likely need to address. Most likely if you are having problems with this site, you will probably also have problems with all phpBB based forums (which is the software that is powering this particular forum).

Sorry I couldn't really be of much help, but it's cool to see another Brave supporter here. I assume you're a bit of a cryptocurrency follower of some sort?

art_suckz

Postby art_suckz » 07 Jan 2019 13:08

Ah no prob. Ive encountered a very small number of issues with Brave, nothing big. I also dont mind opening up chrome if I have to.
To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail.

DPatel304

Postby DPatel304 » 07 Jan 2019 13:23

By the way, I'm not an admin, moderator, or involved at all in the behind the scenes work on this forum, so I could be wrong. But, it sounds to me like this is an issue that Brave would need to resolve.

I had run a forum years ago using the same software this forum uses, and basically, as an admin, you don't really have much control over how to fix technical bugs or anything of the like. More complex stuff like that would need to be addressed by either the developers of the forum software (phpBB) or developers of the browser. Seeing as how these forums work just fine on all other browsers, I'm going to assume that this is something the Brave developers will have to fix. Also, like you, I've had a few minor issues with a few other sites using Brave, but I still use it as my main browser.