Forum Usage / Search Tips

art_suckz

Forum Usage / Search Tips

Postby art_suckz » 26 Oct 2016 11:08

Really digging the new site. Thanks again for all the hard work and effort you guys have put into it. It looks really clean and fresh with just the right style this place deserves IMHO.

Thought I would start up a thread where we could talk about usage tips and leave help for searching. As the site grows again I'm sure some will need help with advanced options or figuring out new stuff.

A few features I am really liking so far are things like graphic signatures. (I tried to keep mine small so it wouldn't overwhelm the post - not sure I succeeded since I am on a high res display).

Another thing I am using a lot is the "Active Topics" option under the "Quick Links" tab.

Active topics.png

Also, at the bottom of the "Active Topics" results you can adjust the range of time that it pulls from.
Date Range.png

Sorry, if this is basic info for everyone. Thought some might want to know. Feel free to add questions and more tips.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail.

muncien

Re: Forum Usage / Search Tips

Postby muncien » 26 Oct 2016 13:47

Anybody know how to imbed a hyperlink into other text, as opposed to pasting the entire link into the post? It gets a little cluttered some times. I'm sure it's simple, but I haven't figured out how to do it yet...

Also, I'd love if we could keep a regional prefix next to all topic titles. Such as 'DTD:****' or 'Arts District:****' etc. I always found that sort of classification helpful, although I don't know if there are any guidelines for it's usage.

Good work! Glad to have everything back.
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

art_suckz

Postby art_suckz » 26 Oct 2016 14:51

On the note of title prefixes: Title text can be changed after posting in edit mode.

Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 2.49.08 PM.png

Can't remember if the old forum would allow that after posting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail.

THRILLHO

Postby THRILLHO » 26 Oct 2016 22:49

I am a total newbie here, but are there forum descriptions? I have no idea what "The Pitch" is, or what sort of discussions are meant to be going in "Art+Sol" and "Opolis Blueprints." The rest are self-explanatory, but those three I'm not sure about. Thanks in advance.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 27 Oct 2016 07:53

art_suckz wrote:Another thing I am using a lot is the "Active Topics" option under the "Quick Links" tab.

I'm still trying to figure out how to change my font color permanently from blue to black....

I'm only viewing the forum on a desktop, and I think the header image (Museum Tower to Hunt Inc) from the deck park is a little too big... but also something I'll get used to, just like all the other sites converting to mobile computer (Phone) format... :roll:

"The Pitch" seems to be where all the sports talk would go. Speaking of 'go' GoSpursGo

We should probably have a general catch-all sub-forum for off topic stuff....

THRILLHO

Postby THRILLHO » 27 Oct 2016 13:34

D'oh, well my FC Dallas thread can be moved to wherever it needs to be. :)