TPC-Craig Ranch to host AT&T Byron Nelson

itsjrd1964

TPC-Craig Ranch to host AT&T Byron Nelson

Postby itsjrd1964 » 14 Apr 2020 14:03

The tournament will move to Craig Ranch next year, and will be hosted there for the next 5 years.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/golf/ ... g-in-2021/

muncien

Re: TPC-Craig Ranch to host AT&T Byron Nelson

Postby muncien » 15 Apr 2020 08:42

^^
That is interesting... I didn't even realize TPC Four Seasons was being considered again. Never should have left there in the first place. But I do see how Craig Ranch would be considered superior now.
I realize it's beating a dead horse by now, but every article on this topic just exacerbates how badly Dallas screwed this tournament up. Look at those donation #'s. That is unheard of for a brand new course, and yet predicted by nearly everyone. Such a shame...
"He doesn't know how to use the three seashells..."

Tucy

Re: TPC-Craig Ranch to host AT&T Byron Nelson

Postby Tucy » 15 Apr 2020 08:55

muncien wrote:^^
That is interesting... I didn't even realize TPC Four Seasons was being considered again. Never should have left there in the first place. But I do see how Craig Ranch would be considered superior now.
I realize it's beating a dead horse by now, but every article on this topic just exacerbates how badly Dallas screwed this tournament up. Look at those donation #'s. That is unheard of for a brand new course, and yet predicted by nearly everyone. Such a shame...

No joke. Remember all the happy talk about how moving it to the landfill was going to be a boost for Dallas (southern Dallas in particular), how it was going to bring business to downtown Dallas hotels, yadda yadda yadda...? The end result is... not only is the tournament not going to be in Dallas or be any boost whatsoever to Dallas or its downtown hotels, but the tournament is also no longer going to even be in Dallas County.