Cotton Bowl Stadium

itsjrd1964

Cotton Bowl Stadium

Postby itsjrd1964 » 30 Mar 2024 23:56

Cotton Bowl Stadium to undergo largest renovation in its 84 years

Additions and changes:

* The addition of 14 new escalators
* Construction of new multi-story entries at the two west entrance gates
* The upper west concourse will be increased to three times the current square footage and include two outdoor terraces with views of downtown Dallas.
* The main concourse on the west side of the stadium will be doubled in size, featuring new art deco artwork to augment the venue’s classic style.
* Restrooms and concession stands will get a makeover and more will be added
* Creation of new premium seating environments and a newly expanded press area in the South endzone
* Improving the in-stadium Wi-Fi signal

Construction is set to be complete by the 2025 Texas-OU game. Work will pause during this year's Texas-OU game, Grambling-Prairie View game, and the State Fair.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/dalla ... s/3500547/

tamtagon
Site Admin

Re: Cotton Bowl Stadium

Postby tamtagon » 31 Mar 2024 06:30

It's time to start thinking about hotels over there, too.

itsjrd1964

Postby itsjrd1964 » 31 Mar 2024 22:23

A few new ones are coming up around the I-30/Jim Miller exit. Those and the ones downtown are likely going to be the closest ones to Fair Park for a while. If any were to locate closer, they might wait until the I-30 redo east of I-45 gets done.

IcedCowboyCoffee

Postby IcedCowboyCoffee » 01 Apr 2024 09:38

Was in the cotton bowl a week ago and thinking about all of the improvements in the works definitely got me amped up about the venue's future. I'm so glad it's getting much needed attention.

It's kind of ironic given professional football's move towards artificial turf and given the stadium's original designed purpose as a football field, but the quality of the cotton bowl's grass field makes it regarded as one of the best soccer fields in the state. Soccer players love that field, it provides the exact right amount of cushion and bounce for both players and the ball, consistently across the pitch.

The stadium is just begging for a soccer team to call it home once again, but the sport doesn't have the demand here to fill up such a massive space. Hopefully someday.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 01 Apr 2024 15:50

Dallas needs a Liga MX expansion team