NFL Expansion in Dallas

tamtagon
Site Admin

NFL Expansion in Dallas

Postby tamtagon » 07 May 2022 07:33

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local ... v9NvJkrCkw

In response to an NFL on CBS tweet asking about which city deserves a pro football expansion team, Mayor Johnson made his pitch that Dallas would be the best (and obvious) choice.

"We are about to pass the Chicago metro and become the #3 metro in the US, which would make us the largest US metro WITHOUT 2 teams," Johnson said in a tweet. "Football is king here. Dallas needs an expansion team and we would be able to sustain 2 @NFL teams better than LA or NY."

The Cowboys are, of course, known as "America's Team" and are the undisputed kings of D-FW sports. They also have a legendary history that no one can deny. So, is there even enough room in Dallas, let alone interest for another NFL team? The mayor thinks so.
there's already a possible home base -- the Cotton Bowl at Fair Park.

NFL and Liga MX expansion teams based at The Cotton Bowl, absolutely.

flyswatter

Re: NFL Expansion in Dallas

Postby flyswatter » 07 May 2022 19:46

NFL expansion in Dallas? Jerry would never allow it. Not even worth a conversation. This is a worthless story off a tweet.

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 07 May 2022 23:39

^totally

Tivo_Kenevil

Postby Tivo_Kenevil » 08 May 2022 14:07

Dallas with two teams... But Chicago 1? Nah.

undefinedprocess
Site Admin

Postby undefinedprocess » 09 May 2022 00:23

Would love to see the Cowboys play their home games at the Cotton Bowl, and yes, I know that's a hot, shameful take to Cowboys fans. Sorry.
But yeah, ain't no way in hell Jerry would allow another team into the Metroplex. Plus, the Arlington Cowboys are gonna be around for eternity, because JerryWorld!

cowboyeagle05

Postby cowboyeagle05 » 09 May 2022 15:33

Yeah the NFL has no desire to push Jerry into allowing a second team. Jerry does what Jerry wants to do in Dallas. The NFL doesn't mess with his domain cause there isn't any reason to. The Mayor is just stirring a pot for the attention I guess. Dallas doesn't even have a strong mayor government so his words are 99% just empty of any real action or backing from anyone. Elon just bought Twitter I doubt he will come to Dallas and build a team with a Twitter sponsored Stadium lol

I will say what I always say about Jerry Jones until he is dead and gone that team will never win a championship and there will never be a second team in DFW. Sure his family will control things after he is gone but Jerry is the core of what makes that team continue to hold on to its business and control the DFW market. Until his fire and business acumen are gone the team will remain in complete control over its North Texas kingdom.
“Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell”

CTroyMathis
Site Admin

Postby CTroyMathis » 09 May 2022 15:47

But, Liga MX. I'd be totally down with that if an international expansion to the US would be something that league would do.