Dallas community on how Trump presidency will impact business

DPatel304

Dallas community on how Trump presidency will impact business

Postby DPatel304 » 10 Nov 2016 12:30

I hope it's okay to discuss politics on this website. I know sometimes things can get a bit heated, but I was hoping to focus the conversation on how exactly the election results will impact Dallas and Texas:

Trump has said he’d block AT&T’s acquisition of Time Warner if elected, but if the Dallas telco is concerned, its chief financial officer is doing a good job hiding it.

“A Trump, and more importantly, all republican Congress and President, which is the first since 1928, opens up the possibility of dialing back Dodd Frank and the CFPB which both have been extremely costly for banking and in particularly community banks.

"This will open the path for more reasonable legislation to deal with outlier issues that helped cause the crisis in 2008 rather than a blanket set of over regulation that restricts lending and commerce.

"This will have the largest positive impact on banking.”

"They're all up," he said. "I think because they're hopeful President Trump will be, how should I say, more accommodating to the oil and gas industry."

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/ ... -will.html

Good news about the bit about Oil and Gas, but I'm not sure how much of it is in the hands of our government at this point. The world is changing and is moving away from O&G, so, even if Trump is more accommodating, I really wonder if it will matter all that much.

I'd be curious to see how much better Texas could be doing if that particular industry were to bounce back. We are already doing extremely well even with a oil and gas not doing so hot, so we'd be killing it if that were to change.

rantanamo

Re: Dallas community on how Trump presidency will impact business

Postby rantanamo » 11 Nov 2016 02:20

Certainly a positive spin, but would flooding the market with more oil be a good thing at this point? Also, no mention of NAFTA and TPP. How would altering such agreement affect Texas?

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 11 Nov 2016 08:50

The market for oil needs to shrink, slowly and surely. The over use of plastic and continued over use of gasoline is ridiculous self-destructive behavior. Like a diabetic only eating fast food and drinking soda....

tamtagon
Site Admin

Postby tamtagon » 13 Dec 2016 11:20

Rick Perry has never been a winning politician in my world, but he certainly oversaw some great advances in Texas! The whole Trans-Texas Corridor ended up being such an embarrassment - state transportation planning being one of the critical initiatives STILL being ignored and avoided by the politicians -- but I agree with the scope of the project Gov. Perry floated.

Anyway.... the story of Rick Perry just became much much better, presumably to head up the Energy Department.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/donald-trump-1/2016/12/12/rick-perry-running-energy-post-meets-trump

:lol: :lol: He ignored a shouted question about whether he still wants to abolish the Energy Department. :lol: :lol:

The_Overdog

Postby The_Overdog » 14 Dec 2016 15:32

The Energy Department is mostly concerned with nuclear energy - waste and storage - and is usually managed by physicists. This is going to be a something to behold.

I'd bet a $20 that Perry signs some kind of 'deal' to bury more nuclear waste in west Texas.