Does DFW deserve an Amazon Go?

HerbIsHere

Does DFW deserve an Amazon Go?

Postby HerbIsHere » 14 May 2018 22:05

Ya know... The no cashier convenience store? Personally I think Downtown Dallas or somewhere in North Dallas they'd appreciate the store very much. But hbu?

Decided to make this after news of upcoming stores in San Fran and Chi-Town arose

DPatel304

Re: Does DFW deserve an Amazon Go?

Postby DPatel304 » 15 May 2018 00:14

I'd imagine the end goal is to have most/all stores will utilize this same technology, so it's more like a question of 'when' rather than 'if'.

With that said, I'm not really sure where it would make sense in DFW. Downtown Dallas still doesn't have a full-sized grocery store, and I'm guessing that's because the population just isn't quite there (although I'm sure we are very very close at this point). So, with that in mind, opening an unconventional type of store there seems a bit risky.

If it did come to Dallas, I could see it anchoring a new tower in West Village or Knox.

exelone31

Postby exelone31 » 15 May 2018 12:07

My guess is Legacy West. They've already got the jam-packed 3 story food court, a Tesla showroom, a Sprinkles cupcake machine, a Barnes and Noble Restaurant, a Tommy Bahama restaurant, this is the perfect complement to those!

HerbIsHere

Postby HerbIsHere » 15 May 2018 23:51

exelone31 wrote:My guess is Legacy West. They've already got the jam-packed 3 story food court, a Tesla showroom, a Sprinkles cupcake machine, a Barnes and Noble Restaurant, a Tommy Bahama restaurant, this is the perfect complement to those!

That'd be perfect tbh