Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson Accused of Affair with City Worker - In Divorce Process - Campaign Funding Payments Made

Matt777

Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson Accused of Affair with City Worker - In Divorce Process - Campaign Funding Payments Made

Postby Matt777 » 14 Feb 2024 21:19

I didn't know where to put this, but you can read about it on DMN and D Mag. And all this right after he "came out" as a Republican.... haha.

DMAG article: https://www.dmagazine.com/frontburner/2 ... s-divorce/

The most troubling piece of information so far:

D Magazine wrote:D Magazine is not naming the woman because she is not a public figure and did not appear in court to testify. Reached by phone, she said she “could not more strongly categorically deny” the allegations and said she was unaware that she was part of the couple’s divorce proceedings.

Campaign finance reports show that Mayor Johnson paid about $110,000 to the woman’s firm during the 2023 campaign; he ran unopposed. Nakita’s attorneys, Jennifer Hargrave and Hannah Rector, presented the payments as evidence of the mayor’s personal and professional relationships with the woman.

I'm often criticized on this forum for criticizing this "Mayor," but he keeps proving my suspicions right.
I know the Dallas Mayoral structure is a "weak mayor" system. We need to change that to a strong mayor system where someone has a sense of responsibility, but we can't do that until we have a strong mayor, and this man ain't it.

On top of that, we need a strong electorate. Our voter participation statistics are in the toilet. That needs to change stat.

The name of the city employee he had an affair with has not been released. She allegedly left city employment, and that's when Eric Johnson made payments of over $100k in campaign money to the consulting company she owned. The former Chief of Staff to Eric Johnson was Mary Elbanna. She owns a consulting firm named Adept Strategies, that was allegedly paid over $100k by the Eric Johnson campaign, after she left city employment. Now I'm NOT, I repeat NOT, alleging that Mary Elbanna is the woman named in the divorce proceedings.....

tamtagon
Site Admin

Re: Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson Accused of Affair with City Worker - In Divorce Process - Campaign Funding Payments Made

Postby tamtagon » 15 Feb 2024 05:56

Historically, how much has the position of mayor spent for re-election consultation?